First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-08-29 08:40:13  
Kaerin said: »
I fought the 4 wave 2 mobs, immediately got stripped by Gallu and didnt get to fight it til it was at 10%~, and then we fought the Botulus to 80% before losing, mainly on account of PD wearing off because our SAM accidentally exited and we didnt have enough damage.

Why would you even add it? Does that mean you guesstimated the misses you had while naked and edited them out? How was it you were the only one hit and none of the other DD? Sure is a lot you aren't sharing... At this point I don't know if any of your "parses" should be considered creditable.

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Whats your TP/WS split. He didn't put his WS damage in the parse line. Ofcourse that would still only put him in the 80-100k range.

Those numbers are also only melee damage, no WS damage.

I always thought this part was obvious, but based on your earlier comments, I probably shouldn't be surprised. So I will spell it out for you. This part says my melee damage was 42%~ of my total damage, which means I did 100K~ total, since my melee damage was right around 42k.

???

So you never used feint

So you kill every wave2+3 mob in under 30sec before Feint wears? You bring 4 THFs to cycle feint?

and also: Mithra DEX. Mithra DEX can easily make up the 3.5% hit rate you're missing to hit the 94 I showed, or cap at 95%, especially if he doesn't have all 12 DEX merits. And yes, I noticed slightly different gear, but you don't really know if thats what he had on.

That is exactly what he uses on wave2+3, except Mars's instead of Ambuscade. He had 11 DEX merits. His set has more acc than yours.
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-08-29 11:17:27  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
I fought the 4 wave 2 mobs, immediately got stripped by Gallu and didnt get to fight it til it was at 10%~, and then we fought the Botulus to 80% before losing, mainly on account of PD wearing off because our SAM accidentally exited and we didnt have enough damage.

Why would you even add it? Does that mean you guesstimated the misses you had while naked and edited them out? How was it you were the only one hit and none of the other DD? Sure is a lot you aren't sharing... At this point I don't know if any of your "parses" should be considered creditable.

Add it? Guestimated misses? How about you just assume I did the smart thing and ran away so missing with my naked H2H didnt mess up the parse? I got a few misses from it, but I didnt edit the parse. Only I was hit because I ran out and voked it off the person pulling before anyone else was there.

???

80k is way to low. If you cant look at 42% and 42k and figure out the WS damage was 58k~ you shouldn't be here trying to discuss math.

So you never used feint

So you kill every wave2+3 mob in under 30sec before Feint wears? You bring 4 THFs to cycle feint?

So now you're saying feint can't increase you ACC because its not full time? Seriously? Even if its only on every other mob half the time, thats 25% of the time youd have 95% ACC and 75% youd have 90%, which would increase your overall ACC to at least 91%.

and also: Mithra DEX. Mithra DEX can easily make up the 3.5% hit rate you're missing to hit the 94 I showed, or cap at 95%, especially if he doesn't have all 12 DEX merits. And yes, I noticed slightly different gear, but you don't really know if thats what he had on.

That is exactly what he uses on wave2+3, except Mars's instead of Ambuscade. He had 11 DEX merits. His set has more acc than yours.

I don't even know what to tell you, my ACC is always around 95% and thats what I use. Tell you what, I'll send you the video of the Mul 3 days ago that parse is from, and you can count every attack, and count every miss, and add them up and see if it's what the parse says it is, k? I had everyone else's damage filtered, so all you will see is mine, and it'll be pretty easy, but probably take 15~ minutes.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-29 11:27:21  
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-29 11:30:19  

80k is way to low. If you cant look at 42% and 42k and figure out the WS damage was 58k~ you shouldn't be here trying to discuss math.

Quote:
Cerberus.Taint said: »

Whats your TP/WS split. He didn't put his WS damage in the parse line. Ofcourse that would still only put him in the 80-100k range.

I was sticking up for you.....last time that will happen. Enjoy the island. You allow yourself a margin or error and my range was well within spec....GTFO you are just trolling yourself.

Fish some Haku,make a Rag then admit you were wrong along, people like comebacks and admissions, they don't like people that create perfect bubbles and expect other people to take them as reality.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-29 11:32:45  
So much fun.
By Kaerin 2012-08-29 11:45:16  
What island, what admission? The best MS weapon is Conqueror, the best weapon in Mul for wave 2 and 3, and thats only because of the -crit trait, is Ragnarok, and the best weapon for everything else is Ukon.

Is that what I'm suppose to say?

How about my offering the video for anyone to sit and count the hits and misses and determine my ACC. I have a recording of the Mul that parse is from, so I can verify my parses accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-08-29 11:54:32  
the best weapon for everything else is Ukon.

Why do you keep saying this? It's only true when you're able to basically full time BR and flawlessly maintain AM3 or when Rag isn't getting enough attack to cap. Otherwise, any other highly buffed situation, Rag is superior for a WAR zerg weapon. Examples where I personally use Rag over Ukon: Neo-Nyzul, Mul, ADL and PWatcher.

You're living in a bubble thinking every group out there uses 4-5 99 Ukon WARs for every single event just to maintain BR.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-29 11:56:24  
One observation tho, not trying to help anyone here, but unless my parse is not parsing everything, I believe 100k damage for 4 second wave mobs + gallu is about 20%. For 5 DD plus some chip in from Rumah and COR (our COR does about 5%, lvl 99 emp gun Afania), that would be right near the top. Just did a Mul last night and specifically filtered for 2nd wave + gallu I have around 101k and I was right around 20.5%.

Just checking as I am curious. And if it is like what he said, he did 100k in 4 2nd wave mobs plus a little Gallu, and that would be pretty good. But anyway, who knows unless we can see the real parse file. My overall accuracy was about 92% on second wave + gallu with Rag Drk which is similar to most ppl on 2nd wave, and I am pretty heavily geared toward multi-hit & accuracy with LR + embrava on and DE full merit + AF2+2 gloves augment.
By Kaerin 2012-08-29 12:26:03  
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
But anyway, who knows unless we can see the real parse file.

I one upped the parse file and am offering a video of the Mul chamber in question.

You're living in a bubble thinking every group out there uses 4-5 99 Ukon WARs for every single event just to maintain BR.

I didn't say they did, I just said it would be the best for damage purposes. Your bubble is that you have 4-5 Ragnaroks laying around, what makes that better than mine?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-29 12:30:09  
Yeah, people with Ragnarok are so hard to come by these days.
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-08-29 12:38:28  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

I wonder which it would be easier to fill an alliance with!

Ragnarok: 1,044
Ukonvasara: 7,398
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/development/census/11/4.html
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-08-29 12:46:17  

Come on now. Did you even read the number of 95 and 99 for each. Not to mention, Ragnarok's popularity has only been on the rise since then.
By Kaerin 2012-08-29 13:03:33  
I didn't check, I didn't realize we were only counting 99s.

Oh hey, I have a serious question, what do DRKs use in Legion? No one seems to know whenever I ask. And what do they use when they dont have marches/embrava?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-29 13:08:05  
Oh hey, I have a serious question, what do DRKs use in Legion? No one seems to know whenever I ask. And what do they use when they dont have marches/embrava?

Which weapon?
By Kaerin 2012-08-29 13:08:28  
Ragnarok
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-29 13:11:52  
I can't speak for that yet :<
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-29 13:28:36  

This would be what I prefer when LR + Embrava + Haste is on in Legion, which is usually 100% of the time.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-08-29 13:49:10  
A Great axe thread turned into a Ragnarok thread.
We can't escape it!!
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-08-30 03:21:11  
I didn't check, I didn't realize we were only counting 99s.

Not sure if ya joking but .... if you don't have embrava up full time in legion u have problems, I mean there's even a place to lock SCHs 2hr and it's a 12 min buff.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-08-30 05:31:21  
Kaerin being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

News at 8.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-30 06:00:45  

Now check out the census from last time :P

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/development/census/10/4.html

How many ragnaroks now compared to last one? I know Ukon is more common, but there seem to be way more DERPS with Ukon than Ragna
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-30 06:01:27  
best DD in legion is blu
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-09-13 10:19:42  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Given the crit rate nerf on tier 2/3, what Upheaval set should people use?

Kaerin's TP set has 576 Acc before buffs/debuffs and is close to the Acc cap if I assumed everything correctly. If we were aiming to make an Upheaval set with 576 Acc (440 skill), we would need 160 Acc from DEX/gear. I need 85 of those in DEX/Acc from gear.

This set puts me 7 Acc over that:

which is probably good, considering stuff like Oneiros Pebble and Wrathwing Nails are pretty uncommon. Obviously if I included the new WAR Abjuration set I could make a better build, but that's not very realistic.

Just based on my napkin math, even a set like that would be preferable with Upheaval to 100TP Ukko's on Tier 2-3 Mul monsters.
Messing around in the updated WAR spreadsheet, I've been unable to reproduce this recommendation. Starting with Alima's stats and your set above, I raised evasion until it was just barely over cap (mob evasion 570, AGI 130), added the 30% crit penalty and then compared standard ukko tp/ws sets with upheaval. I'm still seeing Ukko's win by about 9% with zerg buffs. This is also assuming AM1 for Ukko's and nothing for Upheaval, although the Upheaval setup is still 2.7% behind even if you Ukko's occasionally to maintain aftermath.

That being said, I'm seeing Dilarim's and Rose Grip as being a small (1.5%) upgrade to your set, though the latter is very buff-sensitive.

What do you think? I'm inclined to stick with Ukko's.

Edit: Clarified aftermath.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-09-16 22:01:07  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
What do you think? I'm inclined to stick with Ukko's.

Bumped for thoughts on this. Have to look at new spreadsheet but **eyeballing** from tonight my Upheavals were a bit better than Ukkos, and that was using a gear set for MightyStriked Upheavals, so could use a lot of improvmenets.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-09-16 22:09:16  
Upheaval seems like it would be good (for GA ws) on stuff like Morta, Bismarck, and wave 2 Mul mobs I'd think. It seems those all have really high crit EVA, which is laaaame.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-16 22:32:47  
Morta probably has about -25% Crit Rate, I think, from looking over my parses against her on DNC.

I TP in a shitton of DEX and ride Braver's Drink, so I'm generally dDEX capped on everything.

I showed a 6.42% Crit rate with Champion's down (124/1808) and 15.31% with it up (30/166 : I only use it when Haste wears), which fits with the proposed +10% Crit Rate for Champion's. I was using Rancor Collar because I was getting Marches, so you'd expect a 30% Crit rate without Champions or a 40% with, thus Morta probably has about -25% Crit Rate. I got Blood Rage twice (in six fights, wtf?), but kparser doesn't filter for it. Almost everyone else in the parse is floored.

Bismarck, at least from my parses, looks like he has less of a crit penalty if he even has one at all. It's harder to tell because I'm on WAR and Ukon collects data much slower than two daggers.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-09-17 00:50:42  
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Have to look at new spreadsheet but **eyeballing** from tonight my Upheavals were a bit better than Ukkos, and that was using a gear set for MightyStriked Upheavals, so could use a lot of improvmenets.
It could just be that my guestimated mob stats were bad.
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2012-09-17 00:58:54  
this thread... god my eyes bleed kaerin
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17