Upheaval thoughts
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-17 04:08:05  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Morta probably has about -25% Crit Rate, I think, from looking over my parses against her on DNC.

I TP in a shitton of DEX and ride Braver's Drink, so I'm generally dDEX capped on everything.

I showed a 6.42% Crit rate with Champion's down (124/1808) and 15.31% with it up (30/166 : I only use it when Haste wears), which fits with the proposed +10% Crit Rate for Champion's. I was using Rancor Collar because I was getting Marches, so you'd expect a 30% Crit rate without Champions or a 40% with, thus Morta probably has about -25% Crit Rate. I got Blood Rage twice (in six fights, wtf?), but kparser doesn't filter for it. Almost everyone else in the parse is floored.

Bismarck, at least from my parses, looks like he has less of a crit penalty if he even has one at all. It's harder to tell because I'm on WAR and Ukon collects data much slower than two daggers.

Oh ***, and I thought my small samples were the reason ukko sucked bad on Morta!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-17 11:44:34  
Is fort torque ever a better option than ele gorget in acc-needed situations?
By SakimaAsura 2012-10-12 12:31:20  
Sorry for the necro. But i wanted to comment on the discussion about Mul wave 2+ mobs that Ukon is inferior to a Rag War due to the -crit mob traits. While i find this true in some situations, like in the event of a low amount of buffs aka chaos/fighters/x2min or a job setup that other dds wouldn't benefit from using bloodrage. That being said i feel Ukon in the right situation proves to be superior weapon even with said mobs. What situation is that you say? One that involves having 3 of the 4 dd being Ukon wars receiving chaos/fighters/rogues/hunters, x3 min/madrigal cycling bloodrage and weapon skilling in 15% crit gear(heca legs/war mask/rancor mantle/grip) (this situation is from experience btw). Rough estimate i seen shot around is -40% crit mob trait. If thats the case Bloodrage and Ukko's 100% alone will leave you @ 0% then your looking @ 15% gear+ 2%-19% rogues roll (hope you have a good cor)+ any tp overflow%(embrava/mediate during anydown time/running). Not to mention Embrava events are very favorable for maintaining ODD level 2-3. From my experience/setup my performance on Ukon has beaten my Rag dmg even with 3mins(2 ghorned). Before you say this setup is unrealistic or inferior it has been very successful for a friend that uses 2 cors to buff his damage dealers they recently cleared 5 wave 3 mobs this past sunday so i would say its viable tactic. Strictly talking Rag war Vs Ukon War, as i seen how well Rag drks perform in mul. Sure alot of you know war's power versus Paramount Botulus hence the heavy War setup.
 Bismarck.Stani
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-10-14 21:26:59  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Given the crit rate nerf on tier 2/3, what Upheaval set should people use?

Kaerin's TP set has 576 Acc before buffs/debuffs and is close to the Acc cap if I assumed everything correctly. If we were aiming to make an Upheaval set with 576 Acc (440 skill), we would need 160 Acc from DEX/gear. I need 85 of those in DEX/Acc from gear.

This set puts me 7 Acc over that:

which is probably good, considering stuff like Oneiros Pebble and Wrathwing Nails are pretty uncommon. Obviously if I included the new WAR Abjuration set I could make a better build, but that's not very realistic.

Just based on my napkin math, even a set like that would be preferable with Upheaval to 100TP Ukko's on Tier 2-3 Mul monsters.
Messing around in the updated WAR spreadsheet, I've been unable to reproduce this recommendation. Starting with Alima's stats and your set above, I raised evasion until it was just barely over cap (mob evasion 570, AGI 130), added the 30% crit penalty and then compared standard ukko tp/ws sets with upheaval. I'm still seeing Ukko's win by about 9% with zerg buffs. This is also assuming AM1 for Ukko's and nothing for Upheaval, although the Upheaval setup is still 2.7% behind even if you Ukko's occasionally to maintain aftermath.

That being said, I'm seeing Dilarim's and Rose Grip as being a small (1.5%) upgrade to your set, though the latter is very buff-sensitive.

What do you think? I'm inclined to stick with Ukko's.

Edit: Clarified aftermath.

I've accumulated some data on Upheavals in wave 2 and 3, using the below set (which I haven't exactly put a ton of thought into optimizing, I mostly just use what I have on-hand to get good acc and some VIT/Attack). Ukon is 99 for the comparison purposes.

On our last 2 Mul runs (the only clean ones I have), the 6 200-300 TP Ukko I opened fights with to put up AM averaged 1750, and the 25 Upheavals I used afterwards averaged 1850. I've only been playing front liners for about 6 months so I'm finding my rythm, as is my Legion LS, and this is obviously no conclusive sample size, so I won't make any grand assertions. The conclusion I feel comfortable drawing is that this means I'd need at least 200 TP to get an Ukko to do comparable damage to an ASAP Upheaval.

While I'm posting, thoughts on that Upheaval set? I'm thinking it's a little low on Acc, might swap in an Ele Belt, Gorget, or Ambuscade. Are there any Eva figures (or alternatively, known Acc targets) for Legion mobs?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-10-15 18:06:14  
Something to dream for:

Obviously a different grip if in Legion.

One factor we might be overlooking for Mul is that not only do Mobs get -crit trait, but also a -crit damage trait. I have no concrete proof of this, but it's something that would logically explain why Ragna/Reso and Upheaval seem to be out performing Ukon/Ukko's even when fulltiming BR.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-15 18:13:19  
Well, we already know of some mobs to have "Critical Defense Bonus," so it's really not all that unlikely.
 Phoenix.Valory
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-10-15 19:05:31  
With -crit rate and -crit dmg stats potentially on mobs, wouldn't that increase the value of Restraint against those monsters? Once again reaffirming that Warrior is awesome?
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-10-15 19:11:35  
Restraint has always been worthwhile since they made it not worthless lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Justinm
user: Justinmx
By Bismarck.Justinm 2012-11-26 07:12:21  
Came here for some ideas for gear sets... 90% of what I found was a bunch of people derailing with Ukon > Ragnarok / Ragnarok > Ukon arguments. How about making a separate thread for that and keeping it in there instead of derailing every WAR thread? Also, upheaval set ideas for Bravura? (Legion/ADL/Prov)
[+]
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-11-26 07:29:07  
Here is what i use, still cant get my hands on Dilaram's Sollerets -_-
 Bismarck.Justinm
By Bismarck.Justinm 2012-11-26 07:40:07  
This is what I currently use, what would be worthwhile upgrades aside from the obvious? (Phorcys hands/legs, terra's earring, or Huginn if I ever get lucky) Currently use light belt as I've heard conflicting stories about windbuffet, any math wiz able to give confirmation as to one or the other?
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-11-26 08:22:07  
yeah Huginn hands, legs, and feet if you got the over 300-400mil to throw at it.
By Kyler 2012-11-27 10:47:28  
If you dont need the acc from ele belt, warwolf, moonshade earring with TP bonus, valk or shadow bp for body with TA augs. Dont know why you would need rose strap either for upheaval on war unless you are trying to 5 hit or something?
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-11-27 12:11:55  
Bismarck.Justinm said: »
This is what I currently use, what would be worthwhile upgrades aside from the obvious? (Phorcys hands/legs, terra's earring, or Huginn if I ever get lucky) Currently use light belt as I've heard conflicting stories about windbuffet, any math wiz able to give confirmation as to one or the other?

I thought phorcys body was > ares since the 7% was seen to greater then 9 vit? (3rd piece would net you and extra 3 vit)
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-27 12:41:56  
I would think Phorcys > Ares's. The only time I've seen a body aside from Phorcy's suggested was using augmented Kirin's under Mighty Strikes. I thought Moonshade would beat Soil/Terra Earring as well. And yeah, Phorcy's hands blah blah blah.
 Bismarck.Justinm
By Bismarck.Justinm 2012-11-27 14:33:46  
Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
Bismarck.Justinm said: »

I thought phorcys body was > ares since the 7% was seen to greater then 9 vit? (3rd piece would net you and extra 3 vit)
I use Ares atm because I have 0 Phorcys gear. I am using the rose strap atm for a 5-hit.
 Sylph.Knuckle
user: Knuckle
By Sylph.Knuckle 2012-11-28 00:34:06  
This is my set , just looking to get some input on it, and what i can change

Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-28 00:46:24  
Apathy Gorget
 Sylph.Knuckle
user: Knuckle
By Sylph.Knuckle 2012-11-28 00:47:44  
ya i was using that until a few days, wanted to play around with neck , adds att for only losing a few vit
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-28 01:36:24  
Pbody/Ares if you don't need accuracy, Twilight is a good tradeoff if you do.
Phorcys is first hit only, and I doubt it's worth the loss in VIT.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-28 01:43:24  
It looks like Apathy wins for fodder always and logically as you get more and more buffs for harder content (assuming you start hitting atk/acc cap). So change it up depending on if you're going for NNI type stuff (Apathy) or Legion (Fort). And then, as said before, augmented Valkyrie's breastplate and Huginn feet to optimize it. Just using Mote's sheet for comparison.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-17 05:16:21  
How does Windbuffet stack up against Warwolf? What about Spiral vs a second Terrasoul?
 Leviathan.Arasuta
user: alastair
By Leviathan.Arasuta 2012-12-17 06:06:41  
Upheaval Set

This is my set, i prefer the Accuracy and Vit over Phorcys as its a 100% Vit Mod.

I use Phorcy's Feet due to no Dilaram Feet, Warwolf / apathy or Torque/belt depending on what i'm fighting / Zone i'm in.

Moonshade has Tp bonus and Acc on it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-17 07:10:08  
Could get ares+1 feet while you pray for Dilaram.
 Leviathan.Arasuta
user: alastair
By Leviathan.Arasuta 2012-12-17 07:14:51  
Yeh was thinking that Trying to make a pair of Huginn feet thoughy, phorcys aren't to bad as the 3 piece bonus is good along with the acc and DA
By Methylated 2012-12-17 07:23:59  
Yes nice! this thread is back on track! :D Am having some issues getting hold of dillirams at the moment. why pil drop toci's x3 but not the boots?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-17 07:30:45  
Methylated said: »
Yes nice! this thread is back on track! :D Am having some issues getting hold of dillirams at the moment. why pil drop toci's x3 but not the boots?

I had the same issue.
Ended up with 5 tocis (one of them on mule) before I saw boots. -_-
By Methylated 2012-12-17 09:50:44  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Methylated said: »

I had the same issue.
Ended up with 5 tocis (one of them on mule) before I saw boots. -_-

The pain :| makes me want to level dark knight! all this self consuming hate :((
 Odin.Valdor
サーバ: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2012-12-18 11:32:10  

Would love some feedback. I'm a taru with max str merits. How about Salvage II gear? Seems Aries II pieces don't compete with Huggin pieces. Merry Christmas!! XD
By Kyler 2012-12-18 12:31:07  
This stuff has pretty much already been said on the last few pages...
Warwolf belt, Moonshade > Terra's pearl > that thing on your ear

Ares+1 Body == Valkyrie's BP(ta3 augs) depending on buffs > twilight == nq ares' > phorcys body

7% ws dmg only applies to the first hit and its tossing away a big chunk of vit to do so.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17