RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At Last!), SMN Tweaks Too!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 05:37:09  
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/4300/detail.html

PlayOnline Official Announcement said:
In this second half of the announcement on job adjustments and additions planned for the April version update, we present to you a delectable array of changes that are bound to change the way you buff and summon!

Red Mage

The new job ability "Composure" and a new line of En- type magic spells will be added.

- Composure

User submitted image

(Lv.50 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

- Notes
Activating Composure will impose a recast time penalty upon all magic, songs, and ninjutsu.

- En- Type Spells

User submitted image

Enfire II (Lv.58) / Enblizzard II (Lv.56) / Enaero II (Lv.54) / Enstone II (Lv.52) / Enthunder II (Lv.50) / Enwater II (Lv.60)
Adds elemental damage to your initial attacks (subsequent blows by characters for whom multiple attacks are possible do not receive this effect). Each successive activation increases elemental damage strength up to a predetermined limit. Reduces the target's resistance against the associated element.

Example) Enfire II: Adds fire damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against water.

Summoner

Changes are scheduled for the following Blood Pact abilities:

- The effective range for Blood Pact: Ward area of effect enhancing and healing abilities will be increased and become equivalent to that of white magic spells such as "Protectra."

- Blood Pact: Ward "Hastega"

User submitted image

The Blood Pact: Ward ability "Hastega" will be adjusted to nullify the effects of Slow in the same manner as the white magic "Haste."

- Blood Pact: Rage

User submitted image

Meteor Strike / Geocrush / Wind Blade / Grand Fall / Heavenly Strike / Thunderstorm
Both damage and TP-based damage dealt by the above abilities will be increased.

Regarding RDM adjustments, it's about time. The composure looks hot; increased magic accuracy to Enfeeblings! The Summoner tweaks are great too, they look to be enhancing them towards a healing role. Good news for me since my next 75 is going to be SMN.
 Hades.Kvazz
サーバ: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 05:48:24  

Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

So... longer lasting refresh? O.O
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 05:48:31  
Not as hot as you think.

You can't use Joytoy to do tons of damage anymore, with En-IIs.

And the SMN update isn't so hot to be honest, just increases damage from merited BP:W
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 05:49:38  
Korpg said:
Not as hot as you think.

How so? :d

Longer lasting Refresh and improved enfeebling Magic Accuracy seems pretty good to me.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 05:49:41  
RDM ability looks hot though

Now they can Refresh at a slower pace, but it lasts a lot longer, I hope it isn't a one time per 5 minute ability though....
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-30 05:49:43  
* BP:R

And, Hastega didn't overwrite Slow as a rule before, now it will do.. >_> I call that a plus.
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 05:51:26  
Hitetsu said:
* BP:R

And, Hastega didn't overwrite Slow as a rule before, now it will do.. >_> I call that a plus.

yeah, that's a great update!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 05:53:05  
Wooooodum said:
Korpg said:
Not as hot as you think.

Longer lasting Refresh and improved enfeebling Magic Accuracy seems pretty good to me.

That looks hot, but thats it to be honest.

BP:R (thanks Hitetsu) isn't really getting an increase, having Hastega overwrite Slow is good, but its still something that you don't use on tanks (usually NIN tanks ask for SS more than Haste anyway, and PLD tanks just don't give a damn, unless you have Diablos).

And it still won't erase all slows, just the weak kind....

En-spells only take effect once per turn, meaning Joytoy won't do the uber damage it should do....
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 05:55:36  
Oh, and you know what this means....

We won't be getting any new avatars, cause this is it for SMN updates.....
 Phoenix.Miemo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-30 05:58:46  
Korpg said:
Wooooodum said:
Korpg said:
Not as hot as you think.

That looks hot, but thats it to be honest.

BP:R (thanks Hitetsu) isn't really getting an increase, having Hastega overwrite Slow is good, but its still something that you don't use on tanks (usually NIN tanks ask for SS more than Haste anyway, and PLD tanks just don't give a damn, unless you have Diablos).

And it still won't erase all slows, just the weak kind....

En-spells only take effect once per turn, meaning Joytoy won't do the uber damage it should do....

I see this happening - More spider campers. With Ninja tank on that. Hastega to remove slow, combined with the new "WHM-Mini Stoneskin". I see win on the horizon.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:00:26  
Miemo said:

I see this happening - More spider campers. With Ninja tank on that. Hastega to remove slow, combined with the new "WHM-Mini Stoneskin". I see win on the horizon.

Haste won't erase that slow though.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:02:06  
How do you know that, though?
 Phoenix.Miemo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-30 06:02:49  
User submitted image

why choose a spider out of all mobs if its not? :)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:03:56  
That's precisely what I thought when I saw that picture. "Doesn't Spider Web over write Haste?"
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:04:04  
From fighting them and from this site

Quote:
Spider Web: AoE Slow, overwrites and prevents Haste.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:04:54  
But that's my point. You don't know it won't. You're presuming it won't.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:06:17  
Wooooodum said:
But that's my point. You don't know it won't. You're presuming it won't.

Go fight spiders in Western Altep Desert with a RDM friend, or WHM, or go as RDM, WHM yourself

Fight spiders until you see it use the AoE move

Cast Haste on yourself

See my point
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 06:06:22  
Anyways! Now let's bring an army of melee-rdm out to the HNM scene! (haha)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:07:54  
Korpg said:
Go fight spiders in Western Altep Desert with a RDM friend, or WHM, or go as RDM, WHM yourself

Fight spiders until you see it use the AoE move

Cast Haste on yourself

See my point

I'm saying, you don't know that the modified Hastega won't overwrite it. You're presuming it won't. You're acting like it's 100% confirmed it won't; at least give it a chance.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:08:59  
Wooooodum said:
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/4300/detail.html

PlayOnline Official Announcement said:
In this second half of the announcement on job adjustments and additions planned for the April version update, we present to you a delectable array of changes that are bound to change the way you buff and summon!

Red Mage

The new job ability "Composure" and a new line of En- type magic spells will be added.

- Composure

User submitted image

- Notes
Activating Composure will impose a recast time penalty upon all magic, songs, and ninjutsu.

- En- Type Spells

User submitted image

Enfire II (Lv.58) / Enblizzard II (Lv.56) / Enaero II (Lv.54) / Enstone II (Lv.52) / Enthunder II (Lv.50) / Enwater II (Lv.60)
Adds elemental damage to your initial attacks (subsequent blows by characters for whom multiple attacks are possible do not receive this effect). Each successive activation increases elemental damage strength up to a predetermined limit. Reduces the target's resistance against the associated element.

Example) Enfire II: Adds fire damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against water.

Summoner

Changes are scheduled for the following Blood Pact abilities:

- The effective range for Blood Pact: Ward area of effect enhancing and healing abilities will be increased and become equivalent to that of white magic spells such as "Protectra."

- Blood Pact: Ward "Hastega"

User submitted image

The Blood Pact: Ward ability "Hastega" will be adjusted to nullify the effects of Slow in the same manner as the white magic "Haste."

- Blood Pact: Rage

User submitted image

Meteor Strike / Geocrush / Wind Blade / Grand Fall / Heavenly Strike / Thunderstorm
Both damage and TP-based damage dealt by the above abilities will be increased.

Regarding RDM adjustments, it's about time. The composure looks hot; increased magic accuracy to Enfeeblings! The Summoner tweaks are great too, they look to be enhancing them towards a healing role. Good news for me since my next 75 is going to be SMN.

Thats my presumption....
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:09:44  
Okay =P

It's a shame they haven't said anything official about avatars yet. All we've got to go on is the couple write ups on JP Blogs so far. =\
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:11:19  
I appreciate the hoping, I hoped for it too, until I saw "in the same manner as Haste" line also.

No biggies though, I just didn't want people to start assuming something different than what SE already said.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:13:12  
Wooooodum said:
Okay =P

It's a shame they haven't said anything official about avatars yet. All we've got to go on is the couple write ups on JP Blogs so far. =\

About the avatars, I don't think they will release any this update. If they were going to update it, they would have said so in the same page with the other SMN updates....
 Fairy.Leonmagnus
サーバ: Fairy
user: Leon
By Fairy.Leonmagnus 2009-03-30 06:14:20  
Where do you get increases magic accuracy to enfeeblings out of that? I only see regular accuracy. For melee attacks.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:15:17  
That's true, they say that, but given how other area spells tend to work in the sense of what they will or won't go through / overwrite, I wouldn't be surprised if Hastega overwrites any and all single target slow effects.

I'll actually enjoy levelling Summoner if it does work that way!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:16:55  
Wooooodum said:

Example 2: Enstone II: Adds earth damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against wind.

You can increase your chances with silence after every hit, since the effects stack up.
 Fairy.Leonmagnus
サーバ: Fairy
user: Leon
By Fairy.Leonmagnus 2009-03-30 06:18:26  
Wooooodum said:
Leonmagnus said:
Where do you get increases magic accuracy to enfeeblings out of that? I only see regular accuracy. For melee attacks.

It's an assumption. I don't see why they would lengthen recast times when increasing melee accuracy. I can't understand the connection. With the reference to increased buff duration from Black and White Magic in the same sentence, I'm more putting two and two together more than anything.

Speculation right now, because nobody can login to try this out!

I can see why they'd increase melee accuracy.. They just added more enspells.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:19:00  
Wooooodum said:
Leonmagnus said:

It's an assumption. I don't see why they would lengthen recast times when increasing melee accuracy. I can't understand the connection. With the reference to increased buff duration from Black and White Magic in the same sentence, I'm more putting two and two together more than anything.

Speculation right now, because nobody can login to try this out!

Blaze Spikes, Ice Spikes, and Shock Spikes are all Black Magic Buffs for RDM. I think this is what SE ment by that....
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 06:20:52  
Stop quoting my deleted post. <.<
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 06:23:15  
Wooooodum said:
Stop quoting my deleted post. <.<

Neva~

On a side note: Wana know what they are going to do/give to BLM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7