RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At Last!), SMN Tweaks Too!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Xephenia
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Xephenia
By Valefor.Xephenia 2009-03-30 08:36:22  
Wooooodum said:
We aren't arguing about gear, we're arguing about how much gear we can hold.

Yes, I should have been more specific to what I meant. I meant that one can still be effective without holding x amount of gear and shouldn't limit one's usefulness accordingly.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 08:38:38  
It comes down to gear at the end of the day. No matter how skilled somebody is, there's a cap anyone can reach that the game mechanics and restrictions set. The gear raises this cap to the extent no manner of skill can, because skill doesn't lower our utsusemi recasts by ten seconds, for example.

99% of the time, though, I agree; skill is far more important than gear.
 Seraph.Majique
サーバ: Seraph
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-30 08:44:31  
Korpg said:

Who said that merited BPs are useless?

Have you ever tried to do a Rush on Shiva?

Or a Flaming Crush with Ifrit?

They suck as BP:R 70s. Thats why SE gave us Heavenly Strike and Meteor Crush. Hell, having just those 2 fully merited only makes all your avatars superuber now. Nothing was wrong with PC/SD/CS/MB at all, they had decent accuracy + multi-strike + different types of damage (which made them great for the on-the-go SMN like me, check out my personal ffxiah page to see what my current record on Chaotic Strike is....)

[IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e256/damnedpixiemeat/ifritpwnage.png[/IMG]

this is during limbus just yesterday. flaming crush doesn't suck, espicially for 2408. you just have to know when and how to use it. same with rush. try Rush on colibri or puks or even garuda some time, even though the tier4 shiva blizzard does more on garuda.
this update is good despite what most think. it is however just as disappointing. how SE can come out and work on smn mechanics and not bother to add at least one new avatar is just beyond me. its really a *** move.
i'm happy for all you rdm's tho. it's about time they gave enspell tier2's, even though you guys are spoiled rotten as it is lol.

*edited to try get picture to post. cut and paste may be required ; ;
 Fenrir.Lariel
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Lariel
By Fenrir.Lariel 2009-03-30 08:44:59  
The description of composure states that it will lengthen enhancing spells that you cast on YOURSELF.

Depending on how much it increases recast, this could be totally incompatible with haste/refresh cycles.

Sounds like a very situational JA to me.
 Unicorn.Finn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Finn
By Unicorn.Finn 2009-03-30 08:49:45  
SE /insulting RDM
SE /slaps SMN in the face
SE /cheers on whm

and where is the blm update?
I bet Enhancing sword price is trippled by the time now ;s
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-30 08:51:47  
Looks like this rdm ability is mainly for solo, and not /nin. And really, how much of an update did rdm really need? It seems a fairly common opinion that rdm needed nothing at all (which I agree with), so you have no reason to complain. If you don't like the new JA, don't use it, simple as that. If you find you have no use for the new enspells, then don't use them. But seriously, stop bitching, there's sooooo much that rdm can do in this game that other jobs can't.

As for smn, we really can't be sure that hastega will or won't over-ride spider haste, going by what they SAY, you'd have to say no, but they have a picture of someone using hastega while fighting a spider. It'd be pretty stupid of them to do that picture as an example if it didn't work.

Also, while they've told us what the first and second half of the job adjustments are, it could be said that new avatars aren't an adjustment. We probably won't get any new avatars, but nothing is certain until it's happened.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-30 08:54:42  
Majique: use lower case in your code:

User submitted image
 Valefor.Xephenia
サーバ: Valefor
user: Xephenia
By Valefor.Xephenia 2009-03-30 08:55:52  
Wooooodum said:
It comes down to gear at the end of the day. No matter how skilled somebody is, there's a cap anyone can reach that the game mechanics and restrictions set. The gear raises this cap to the extent no manner of skill can, because skill does lower our utsusemi recasts by ten seconds, for example.

99% of the time, though, I agree; skill is far more important than gear.

I'd merit that as a response I can completely agree with. You weren't really the person I was going after with the original comment~ I just hope people will read this section of the thread and get that into their heads :)
 Seraph.Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-30 08:56:13  
thanks Blazza^^ don't know why it wouldnt post for me ; ; i will keep lower case in mind^^
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 08:56:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I think this is good for Smn. It's sad that the Lv70 BP:R's were generally better than the meritted ones. Merit BP:R's should be signifigantly stronger, as they are merits. (That's like making Slow stronger than Slow II)
As for Rdm, they really didn't need anything at all, it's already the most sought-after job in many cases, why on earth buff 'em more?

Mind if I ask what does Blm need? I only took it to 37, so I don't know any issues with it. Need bigger numbers? o.o
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 08:57:10  
Haseyo said:
Mind if I ask what does Blm need? I only took it to 37, so I don't know any issues with it. Need bigger numbers? o.o

Meteor, duh!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-30 09:01:51  
(Lv.50 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

maybe its just me missunderstanding everything here. But it kinda seems to me that using this ability only makes magic casted on yourself to stay longer, but you'd still have the longer casting time.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 09:03:36

Maybe it means for self-target spells only, like En-spells, Phalanx, etc.
 Cerberus.Jibbit
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jibbit
By Cerberus.Jibbit 2009-03-30 09:10:50  
personally i think they are doing so much whm buffs due to the lack off high level whm's compared to this time a few years ago. I've spent DAYS lfp as whm when i reached 60+. People seem to think that SMN and SCH are much better at it at 60+.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-30 09:11:10  
Haseyo said:

I'd like to see a way for BLM to be brought back into the whole "PT" thing >.>

Maybe make Colibri reflect magic on whoever casts them, instead of randomly on whoever casts or whoever has hate at the time. I think that would see some increase in BLM in EXP PT's, even if they're /NIN to avoid being one-shotted off the T4 they just hit bird with >.>

Personally I've BLM/NIN in LS PT to try and get exp back after Dynamis. BLM/NIN doesn't make a terrible puller at Greater Colibri camps, Sleep1 buys more time than Lullaby. With a Ranged Attack to pull, 2 single target sleep's and Aspir to get 100+MP back every minute, BLM can hold it's own nicely. With a slightly more "optimised" PT than the one I had, it would be fairly easy to hit 25k/hr or so.

With, PLD BLM THF SAM WHM BLU, we were getting around 19k/hr and it was a slightly more interesting way of getting a buffer.
 Odin.Ravax
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-03-30 09:23:11  
Korpg said:
Wooooodum said:
Okay =P

It's a shame they haven't said anything official about avatars yet. All we've got to go on is the couple write ups on JP Blogs so far. =\

About the avatars, I don't think they will release any this update. If they were going to update it, they would have said so in the same page with the other SMN updates....

I wouldn't count that out just yet. If you remember, all past updates including new avatars used a topic all to itself. When both Diabolos and Fenrir were released, they posted an image and focused just on the fact that the avatar would become available. It's not technically an update to Summoner because you don't have to be a summoner to obtain avatars.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-30 09:24:44  
Ravax said:
Korpg said:
Wooooodum said:
Okay =P

It's a shame they haven't said anything official about avatars yet. All we've got to go on is the couple write ups on JP Blogs so far. =\

About the avatars, I don't think they will release any this update. If they were going to update it, they would have said so in the same page with the other SMN updates....

I wouldn't count that out just yet. If you remember, all past updates including new avatars used a topic all to itself. When both Diabolos and Fenrir were released, they posted an image and focused just on the fact that the avatar would become available. It's not technically an update to Summoner because you don't have to be a summoner to obtain avatars.

You don't even have to have smn unlocked? You mean I have a level 1 smn for NOTHING!?
 Asura.Ktjrn
サーバ: Asura
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-03-30 09:25:58

I love smn and all... but I am a little disappointed that we smns won't be getting anything that will clearly seperate DD (or solo) from healing roles. I don't like wasting my mp when I could be out owning with Predator Claws.

I am grateful, however, that there is abit more emphasis on the 75 merits like heavenly strike, etc. Previously they did moderate but not effective damage. I am excited to see what the damage intake will be.
 Bahamut.Kelia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-30 09:29:01  
Jibbit said:
personally i think they are doing so much whm buffs due to the lack off high level whm's compared to this time a few years ago. I've spent DAYS lfp as whm when i reached 60+. People seem to think that SMN and SCH are much better at it at 60+.

Hahahahaha SMN is such a terrible solo healer.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ktjrn
サーバ: Asura
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-03-30 09:34:33

Bartimaeus said:
I honestly feel bad for SMNs, if this is all the update gives you.

I'm laughing at all the RDMs on BG Forums though, good stuff.

Not that I wish BAD upon RDMs here, I just don't think the job needs anything.(rdmsarenotmainhealsrdmarenotmainhealsrdmareNOTmainheals)

:s

First update was released 4 days prior, and we have a good 8 days before update, so I'd ASSUME more are coming.

I'm literally in tears over here about smn lol

we will see though. I really strive to do the job justice, and not play the watered-down role that some other players have been reduced to. I will fight, and I will claw, and I will win. Period.

** Carby Power** \m/ \m/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-30 09:49:37  
Bartimaeus said:
OK quick question for all the hardcore summoners out there..

Do these updates help at all?

Serious question. I don't play the job, but I'm wondering if this is an update for you, or just SE buying time because they don't know what to do.

Edit: AFK Making petition about Bismarck Whale summon, and sending it to SE. DDD:::

yea it helps. hastga really needed a tweak, and now the extra BP's will (hopefully) actually be worth pissing away all those the merits lol. theres still a few things that could use hammer and nails for.

i hope to god that their just holding back the avatar announcement til the day of to give all us summoners something ***our yinyings over lmao
the new coat is another thing noone is talking about as a another beneficial macros in peice for summoner, so even if we dont get an avatar or 2 or 10, we still don't entirely miss out. were still getting more this update than rdm and any other job that isnt whm (looking at blu specifically for serious need of spells and dmg augments ; ;)
 Seraph.Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-30 09:52:15  
lmao i'll sign the whale petition just to have something to do lmao
if it works tho, and i get a freakn whale.... zomg ima find u's! lol jk
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-30 09:59:09  
"In this second half of the announcement on job adjustments and additions planned for the April version update"
Damn you for crushing my hopes SE ._.
 Bahamut.Danagon
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-03-30 10:34:03  
Nightfyre said:
"In this second half of the announcement on job adjustments and additions planned for the April version update"
Damn you for crushing my hopes SE ._.

im going to cry
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 10:40:31

Maybe they suck at math, and there's a third half D:
 Garuda.Wooooodum