RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At Last!), SMN Tweaks Too!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fairy.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Chrisstreb 2009-03-30 10:49:02  
2nd update since the last FanFest, and so far the only jobs to benefit (ironically) are SCH & WHM. RDM kinda got the short end of the stick (yes, Enspell IIs will be nice for some soloing, but you won't see it in merits) Composure, I could see it being useful for a RDM/BLU (especially with a Defense build, it's be godly) or RDM/PLD in some situations.

I'm thinking that picture of Hastega being shown was to show the increased range on BP:W. Other than that, the Merited BPs, depending on how much they adjusted them, will still rarely see any use. I was really hoping for more Avatars :/ Maybe in June/July :<
 Seraph.Majique
サーバ: Seraph
user: Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-30 10:53:04  
theyve been known to have typo's and to add unannounced stuffs in updates, plus there's still a few days left, so no tear-soaked pillows yet please ^^
 Diabolos.Aphy
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-03-30 10:58:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Eh SE wasted a perfectly good update on rdm and *useless* smn update.
As a main smn and rdm myself I should be excited, but im not.
Reason being the update rdm's got, useless. that JA ability useless. The en-spells2 useless. Yeah attacking them with enfire will make them more resistant to water, but really when is that helpful? Silence, Grav? Thats it. Oh maybe for nuking but if ur gonna be a nuker, u wont want a silly rdm attacking your slept mob o.O And that new JA. Thats above all useless! Now instead of casting refresh everytime my timer is up I can wait a few more seconds cause it lasts longer yipee! oh but dont forget my timer is now longer, so whats the point? I get to wait a few more seconds? yay! IMO they needed to leave rdm alone. Its good enough.

Smn, yeah the haste effect is /win. The only thing about this update is /win is the haste for garuda. That AoE was so tiny before. I think ppl in campaign will like that ^^ The BP abilities, gimmie a break I know a handful of ppl who actually put merits into it. I dont know many others who want to get these, tho look cool, have no practical use end game wise. :x

sry but this was a huge disappointment.
At least whm looks cool now (^-^)b
 Bahamut.Cyr
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2009-03-30 11:12:34  
Chrisstreb said:
2nd update since the last FanFest, and so far the only jobs to benefit (ironically) are SCH & WHM. RDM kinda got the short end of the stick (yes, Enspell IIs will be nice for some soloing, but you won't see it in merits) Composure, I could see it being useful for a RDM/BLU (especially with a Defense build, it's be godly) or RDM/PLD in some situations.

RDMs is perfect as is. Untouchable as a tank, and way overpowered as a soloing force. When you can solo the hagun ENM, Orobon ISNM75, Brothers ENM, and various sky pops/gods; you know there is a problem. This update is just gravy to rdm's melee capabilities. It will allow you to debuff mobs and straight tank them while you melee-solo them down at even faster rates. Plus, composure will be sick for buffing.

You have to understand that they couldn't add much more to RDM, as it is already overpowered. They would have just tipped the balance even more.
 Asura.Ktjrn
サーバ: Asura
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-03-30 11:44:05

Rowland said:
Merits for SMN seems kinda pointless right now. When you have 5 smns all using Predator Claws, some with max merits and some with only 1 or not merits at all in Avatar Attack or Accuracy, the damage seems completely random/unstable.

I haven't gotten the smn group 2 merits myself because I don't really merit that much, and if I do its in rdm,blm,lolrng merits.

I'd rather use Earthen Ward instead of Hastega, there's usually a whm or rdm for that.

I see SE making the avatars we have stronger than making a new one entirely.

I would love to have SE Focus on more attack power and accuracy for our avatars. Of coure ppl can buff left and right all day and night, but doing that is just pointless.

Would be nice to have smn bumped up into a heavy dd category instead of a support heal role. Maybe one Day SE will do that... but I'm not too impressed with the updates :o I like psyching myself up though
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-30 11:49:57

I love how people are screaming everything is useless but haven't even tried it out themselves. Only way to know is when the update comes out and you see for yourself.

Alright I'm going to throw in this...

Quote:
- Composure
(Lv.50 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

If you click the [accuracy] link while viewing on the wiki page, it directs you to Magic Accuracy. Now I'm not saying that is correct, since we don't know, but its the only thing that makes sense. Why would a Job Ability give us enhancements for both Magic AND DD?

Second:

Quote:

Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time.

Lengthens Recast time...bleh... Depending on how this is going to work out, it will *** suck. I wouldn't put it past SE to keep the lengthened Refresh @ 150MP total regain. -_-

Third:

Quote:
Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

This means things like Blink, Protect I-IV, Shell I-IV, Stoneskin, Phalanx, Aquaveil, Bar-spells, Ice/Blaze/Shock Spikes will last longer - thats it. And ONLY on you, everyone else (w/ Pro/Shell/Phalanx II) gets the usual sucky duration length.

If that wasn't simple enough: If its a buff you cast on yourself, it'll last longer. Everyone else gets screwed.

Personally I think thats a sucky/dumb/wtfslapintheface Job Ability, but really its going to depend on how it actually works, particularly with things like Refresh and Regen. I really don't see myself using Composure much... I'm not even sure it'd be useful to a RDM who tanks HNM. I guess we'll have to wait and see for that one. -_-;

Part II

En-Spell II

This I am excited about. I love En-spells. >.> One reason is because they're pretty and sound cool. :S

Enblizzard II - Adds ice damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against fire.

Enfire II - Adds fire damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against water.

Enaero II - Adds wind damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against ice.

Enthunder II - Adds lightning damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against earth.

Enwater II - Adds water damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against lightning.

Enstone II - Adds earth damage to your initial attacks and reduces the target's resistance against wind.

Sounds good to me...though a little wierd as far as what resistance is lowered on.

That means to lower Titan's resistance to wind...you'd have to hit him with Enstone II...lol...>_>

SMN ***...I really don't care. =/ I don't get to play my SMN for much of anything, not to mention enmity+ merits makes it difficult anyway.

I think BLM should have gotten an update -

Comet
Meteor (seen in opening scene for *** sake)
Demi
Aspir II

...no idea what kind of Job Ability. I just want to see sexy spells.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 11:55:02  
Aledacia said:
If you click the [accuracy] link while viewing on the wiki page, it directs you to Magic Accuracy. Now I'm not saying that is correct, since we don't know, but its the only thing that makes sense. Why would a Job Ability give us enhancements for both Magic AND DD?

That's pretty poor of them. It doesn't say Magic Accuracy anywhere, and when you think of the combined updates, it'd make more sense for it to be melee accuracy.
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-03-30 11:56:33

Majique said:
theyve been known to have typo's and to add unannounced stuffs in updates, plus there's still a few days left, so no tear-soaked pillows yet please ^^

This
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 11:57:03

Clicking random links on the internet is fundamental.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-30 11:57:57  
Yay, an update to give RDM even MORE power, they dont need to be altered, leave em alone and focus on a job that needs it, like.... anything BUT RDM.
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-03-30 12:00:52

Rdm is just awesome anyway! :D

And I love how whm is getting some more goodies too!

Guess I better get ready to re-arrange my macros
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 12:01:14

I highly doubt En-spells II will do anything mind-blowing, besides prettier animations in campaign battle.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 12:03:55

Would've been better if they did this update info first, then Whm, instead of giving everyone false hope of uber changes in other jobs as well.
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-03-30 12:04:53

Chrisstreb said:

I'm thinking that picture of Hastega being shown was to show the increased range on BP:W. Other than that, the Merited BPs, depending on how much they adjusted them, will still rarely see any use. I was really hoping for more Avatars :/ Maybe in June/July :<

I don't really care much for getting new avatars. I haven't played for 1 whole year here and a big majority of the time I've been hearing ppl *** and moan about new avatars. If it happens june, ok. happens december, ok.

People should just be thankful for what they have :)
 Seraph.Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-30 12:09:15  
Bartimaeus said:
I think people, me included, were prone to over excitement because of the initial White Mage update.

That was probably more the exception, and not the rule to the update, but one can hope.

Gl SMN'ers.

you are 100% right sir. but im still hoping for the best for my smn and for other jobs in need of sweet lovin :D
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-30 12:16:21  
I dont think SMN needs new avatars either, more like changes like the ones in this update to make them a bit more effective. I think SMN just have this obsession with getting another avatar, because they're bored with what they got.
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-03-30 12:22:49

Or maybe its because some summoner's don't know how to be effective at the job. It never crossed my mind about getting anything else. I am good with what I have. Perhaps a bit more damage would be useful but... to each his/her own :)

BTW: I am a girl
 Ramuh.Kyamiiux
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Kyamiiux
By Ramuh.Kyamiiux 2009-03-30 12:42:21  
I don't think this update is game changing like the WHM one is. However, as a RDM who melee solos a lot I'd say this update is to help RDM conserve their MP while doing so. I get frustrated trying to keep all the spells I need to cast on myself up. So this is nice since they'll last longer, and using an enspell to increase my paralyze accuracy (and potency maybe? =3).

Just my two cents.
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-30 12:47:01  
Aledacia said:
A
Sounds good to me...though a little wierd as far as what resistance is lowered on.

That means to lower Titan's resistance to wind...you'd have to hit him with Enstone II...lol...>_>

You must be new there :< It works exactly the same way with AM and AM II... And don't expect any decent resistance debuff, will probably be as potent as AM debuff. (worthless :<)

Quote:
I think BLM should have gotten an update -

Comet
Meteor (seen in opening scene for *** sake)
Demi
Aspir II

Death :]
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-30 12:57:38

Hmmm would the lowered resistance from En-Spells 2 stack with other spells that give the same effects such as Ninjutsu ele wheel and AM spells? If so, I see really gnarly potential for some unresisted nukage ^^
 Bismarck.Nours
サーバ: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-03-30 12:58:34

What exactly was the point to buff RDM in a field they -master- already. God, if SE wants us to melee, what's the point of giving us the same old-spells that don't change anything in the MP saving department.

Useful updates where?

SMN didn't get very exciting tweaks, however, the range thing was LONG-awaited.
 Seraph.Majique
By Seraph.Majique 2009-03-30 12:59:01  
so summoners should just not expect new avatars, but every other job can expect new abilities, spells, gear etc. on a regular updated basis? wow. the last peice of new anything that was given to smn was karura hachigane (znm garuda headband), elemental siphon and garland of bliss. not much before that besides yy robe and diabolos and fenrir.
i play smn effectively as well, but your making it sound like i and other smn's are bad smn's cuz we want more than just 9 avatars. maybe if SE had never have brought the matter up we'd all be quite complacent with what we have. boredom is a factor, but SE has openly hinted/teased for years.
 Odin.Ravax
サーバ: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-03-30 13:00:55  
I kind of feel like this update to Rdm is the only thing that could have fairly been improved at all. We all know it's got stupid advantages in a lot of arenas. With this, the only thing Rdm is actually still bad at is holding hate. And it fits because Rdms are supposed to be a jack of all trades. With this, I really think that Rdm/Dnc will become a viable option. Particularly on enemies you can use Aspir Samba on. But, then, that'd disable any Enspell II action.

Quote:

Yes! Death! And Doom. ;D And Ultima. T_T

So, who thinks SE is going to job update with each mini-expansion? /
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-30 13:53:00  
Aledacia said:
Quote:

Yes! Death! And Doom. ;D And Ultima. T_T

Death would be broken unless it's horribly inaccurate, costs half your mp, and doesn't work on nm/mission mobs. Not that I'd complain, mind you ^.^ I'd definitely like to see Death, Doom, Meteor, Ultima, etc though.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-30 13:53:36  
Ravax said:
I kind of feel like this update to Rdm is the only thing that could have fairly been improved at all. We all know it's got stupid advantages in a lot of arenas. With this, the only thing Rdm is actually still bad at is holding hate. And it fits because Rdms are supposed to be a jack of all trades. With this, I really think that Rdm/Dnc will become a viable option. Particularly on enemies you can use Aspir Samba on. But, then, that'd disable any Enspell II action.

Lol wut.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7