RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At Last!), SMN Tweaks Too!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 07:14:13  
Sorry, rambling while leveling THF on the island and trying not to fall asleep atm, I'll mess with you guys later, when I'm fully awake....
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
サーバ: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-03-30 07:17:01
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Alot of RDM gear can overlap if you are really tight on space and while your melee dam won't be compareable to a real DD in your party any addition you do does help, right? I would not carry +att gear if I were to melee on RDM, and the only 2 sword+ pieces is suppa and fort torque I think, not many people have the torque, and suppa is only 1 out of 5 DM earrings, wich means a good amount of people wont have that either.
 Hades.Kvazz
サーバ: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 07:17:42  
Korpg said:
To be good at enfeebling (this is just enfeebling btw) you would need the following:

4 HQ Staffs
4 Grips
Magic Accuracy gear
Enfeebling gear if no Magic Accuracy in slots
MND gear for MND enfeebles
INT gear for INT enfeebles

That alone would rank you up 30 slots...

Then you have your Curing gear

HQ light (or regular light, doesn't matter tbh)
MND+ gear (more the better)
MP+ gear (more the better)

Then you have your /heal gear
HQ Dark (or regular dark, doesn't matter tbh)
all the hMP gear you can have
MP+ gear (whatever you don't fill up in hMP slots)

Tanking gear
HQ Earth (its ok from Enfeebling gear, so don't worry about it)
-Physical Damage taken gear
-Magical Damage taken gear
HP+ gear
Enmity+ gear

Kiting gear is the same as Tanking, except for Blood panties

Ok, now look at how many slots you have left.....yup, you have none

Now, add melee gear to the list, which includes

Joytoy (or Justice, but then again, you would need stones + pouches)
Accuracy+ gear
Sword+ gear
Attack+ gear

Whoops, you are already out of spaces.....and you haven't even gotten to the Sword+ gear at all....

Why bring the tank\kite gear if you'r not gonna kite\tank? That again would be totally situational... >_>
 Seraph.Darkvision
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-30 07:17:43  
ok can i just say *** YOU SE, does SE purposly sit down and try to work out every way to screw over RDM with this update.

sorry but you think this new RDM JA is gonna be hot, well i will NEVER use it. have people been reading descriptions PROPERLY

Composure - Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

WHY IN GODS ANME SE does a RDM want to have a longer recast time on Gravity and bind (the main 2 spells that keep you alive) sure you use composure when your soloing a despot or Zip or what ever NM, i'd justr laugh when you got 1:30 recast time on gravity or bind you gonna sacrifice recast for a piddly amount of magic ACC?

secondly for the hastega issue:-

The Blood Pact: Ward ability "Hastega" will be adjusted to nullify the effects of Slow in the same manner as the white magic "Haste."

this means it will not overrite slow effects that "Haste" dont overrite. and merit BP's get an updare? i find them USELESS.

"and the usless *** award goes to......Square Enix"

nuf said. screwed over again !!!
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 07:20:18  
Darkvision said:
ok can i just say *** YOU SE, does SE purposly sit down and try to work out every way to screw over RDM with this update.

sorry but you think this new RDM JA is gonna be hot, well i will NEVER use it. have people been reading descriptions PROPERLY

Composure - Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

WHY IN GODS ANME SE does a RDM want to have a longer recast time on Gravity and bind (the main 2 spells that keep you alive) sure you use composure when your soloing a despot or Zip or what ever NM, i'd justr laugh when you got 1:30 recast time on gravity or bind you gonna sacrifice recast for a piddly amount of magic ACC?

Erm... put the ability up for a longer lasting refresh, haste, proshell and phalanx, then take it off?:D atleast that's some free mp!
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
サーバ: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-03-30 07:22:18

Darkvision, you make NO sense at all, man.... May I ask you why you WOULD use composure while soloing a NM on RDM? You rely on recast timers for bind/grav/utsusemi, obv. this JA was not ment for those who solo stuff on RDM/NIN.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 07:23:23  
Darkvision said:
this means it will not overrite slow effects tha

You have no confirmation of that...

Darkvision said:
and merit BP's get an updare? i find them USELESS.

That's why they're being adjusted...?

And do you melee solo Despot or Zipacna? No.
 Unicorn.Shimay
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Shimay
By Unicorn.Shimay 2009-03-30 07:23:49  
Wooooodum said:
Why does Red Mage need something? It's still the best soloing job in the game, by a long shot, and still one of the most highly sought jobs in experience parties / merit parties.

Cause i want new spells? >.>
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 07:25:07  
Shimay said:

Level a new job, you'll get lots of new spells~
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 07:36:37  
Wooooodum said:

Darkvision said:
and merit BP's get an updare? i find them USELESS.

That's why they're being adjusted...?

Who said that merited BPs are useless?

Have you ever tried to do a Rush on Shiva?

Or a Flaming Crush with Ifrit?

They suck as BP:R 70s. Thats why SE gave us Heavenly Strike and Meteor Crush. Hell, having just those 2 fully merited only makes all your avatars superuber now. Nothing was wrong with PC/SD/CS/MB at all, they had decent accuracy + multi-strike + different types of damage (which made them great for the on-the-go SMN like me, check out my personal ffxiah page to see what my current record on Chaotic Strike is....)

Edit: On a side not, that was not directed towards you Woooood
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-30 07:45:28  
lmao sorry just woke up and not too keen with the update for RDM, totaly miss read that, Tier II en-spell, oh big deal what are we gonna get double dmg output than Tier I en-spells still dont justify RDM's to melee in a PT tho. RDM = TP feeder, need something to copensate that

what my point is SE wanted to try put RDM in the front line, they sooooo totally never done that, if the added something like an EndrainTP or something to compensate the mass TP RDM feed to mobs then maybe.

and Wooooodum there is your confirmation about hatega. when something states "in the same manner as the white magic Haste." that is tooken for granted, in SE's words, it works LIKE the white magic spell. and the white magic spell does not overrite spider web at all, there are other types of slow it also does not overrite.
 Unicorn.Shimay
user: Shimay
By Unicorn.Shimay 2009-03-30 07:51:58  
Wooooodum said:
Shimay said:

Level a new job, you'll get lots of new spells~

well.. no..lol.. i dont wanna have like 8 75's and be the one who must mule for every gear..no thank you... but still i think rdm should get new ***.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-30 07:53:09  
oh an what if you cant cancel out the JA, like COR rolls and BRD songs. that would change things. i still wanted to see something better than this for RDM
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 07:53:41  
Darkvision said:
lmao sorry just woke up and not too keen with the update for RDM, totaly miss read that, Tier II en-spell, oh big deal what are we gonna get double dmg output than Tier I en-spells still dont justify RDM's to melee in a PT tho. RDM = TP feeder, need something to copensate that

what my point is SE wanted to try put RDM in the front line, they sooooo totally never done that, if the added something like an EndrainTP or something to compensate the mass TP RDM feed to mobs then maybe.

I dont think they ment to get RDM in the frontline for a meritparty and stuff.
I can find like RDM\SAM with death blossom and the right enspell active help landing enfeebs _alot_ easier on some HNMs and stuff.
One RDM for magic evasion down and one for enfeebling.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-03-30 07:54:28  
Coming from a main RDM i can see Composure has a few uses, none of which are EG related (NOT HNM, SKY, SEA, Dynamis or anything like this)

* Campaign

Here meleeing is a far more effective way to exp. The ACC will help with the B skill (swords and daggers) and longer lasting spells will mean less time/mp wasted casting buffs.

Since SE nerfed the exp for casting enhancing magic, casting refresh/haste/stoneskin gets you very little exp and wastes a weapon swing.

* Meriting

Im not going to suggest that RDM should melee (thats too hot a subject)

But this will make it easier for RDM to melee in merit parties. 50-75% of your time meriting on RDM is spent casting Haste or refresh (depending on the exact party setup).

So if they last twice as long (for arguements sake) that reduces it to 25-35%. Giving you some spare time, which could be used for meleeing.

As for recast, well in both of the situations listed above, the recasts dont matter. It just takes longer to start up the haste cycle.

The bigger concern for me is MP. Melee gear doesnt have much (if any MP) and unless they do double the duration (maybe more) of haste and refresh then most RDM wont last till their convert timer is up.

@Korpg

As for space, yes RDM needs a lot of gear, but if you can not grasp the idea of tayloring what you carry (on you) depending what event you are going to then you should play the game.

E.G
For dynamis I carry my enfeebing (mnd and int), Damage taken down gear (as i get a lot of hate), convert and some elemental (to nuke on statues when needed). I leave my Max MP, my full HMP set (very rarely get to rest)

For meriting I carry Max MP and -emnity and thats about it.

As for stacking MND on Cure spells... Yes that works for cure 5, but tbh its not worth it on 1-4. Cure 4 does 429HP (with staff) when I wear no MND, if I stack +40 MND I get 432HP. IMO not worth it (unless I have the MND gear with me for another reason).

edit
Woops missed that the increased duration is only when self targeted... In which case it wont help in merit parties nearly as much as I first thought.

Shaddows aren't needed to solo most normal mobs in campaign, stoneskin, genbus shield etc is enough to keep you alive. And you need to get hurt to maximize EXP
 Bahamut.Kelia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-30 07:55:52  
TAKEN for granted, not "tooken". The slows it overwrites depends on their potency; when Hastega gave 10% rather than 15% it wouldn't have overwritten stuff that the WHM spell Haste does. Now that it's been 15% for a while, an update to that was needed.

As for Enspell II: *** lol'd, totally useless for anything besides like solo melee. And even then... Joyeuse where art thou, looks like a very niche use for ceremonial dagger solos! I also love how Composure makes RDM/NIN melee unfeasible if you're casting shadows. <3 Bet it will be nice for RDM/PLD in Campaign though!

As for RDMs feeding TP to a mob, that is a total joke. You are a really good troll though I almost fell for it.

Quote:
Increases accuracy and lengthens recast time. Enhancement effects gained through white and black magic you cast on yourself last longer.

Sorry, won't help meleeing in merit parties. Back to resting you go.
 Unicorn.Finn
user: Finn
By Unicorn.Finn 2009-03-30 08:05:58  
Where is my new summon FAT CHOCOBO? -.-
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-30 08:06:22  
Kvazz said:
I can find like RDM\SAM with death blossom and the right enspell active help landing enfeebs _alot_ easier on some HNMs and stuff.

SE wated to try bring RDM to frontlines abit, and i think that Death Blossom is only used in 1 strat, Dark Ixion. even if i joke around in a PT or in sky with most my friends or any situation saying that i wanna poke (for example) Byakko in the eye with a Spirits Within (and i did say example) i got jumpped on with "no you wont" or "please dont bother" etc, not as if i would do.

but yeah it still not much of an update to get excited about. WHM for a totally new makeover, RDM get Tier II en-spells and Composure, oh i can see the excitement........NOT
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 08:08:22  
Darkvision said:
Kvazz said:

SE wated to try bring RDM to frontlines abit, and i think that Death Blossom is only used in 1 strat, Dark Ixion. even if i joke around in a PT or in sky with most my friends or any situation saying that i wanna poke (for example) Byakko in the eye with a Spirits Within (and i did say example) i got jumpped on with "no you wont" or "please dont bother" etc, not as if i would do.

but yeah it still not much of an update to get excited about. WHM for a totally new makeover, RDM get Tier II en-spells and Composure, oh i can see the excitement........NOT

I'm happy with this update, it'll mostly be just for fun, but i'm OK with that:P RDM dont really need a tuneup anyway, we'r allready awsome >_> they just made the day alittle more fun for those RDMs that enjoy meleeing in campaign and stuff!
 Hades.Kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-30 08:09:12  
Finn said:

Haha, that would be epic:P
 Unicorn.Finn
user: Finn
By Unicorn.Finn 2009-03-30 08:11:07  
Kvazz said:
Finn said:

Haha, that would be epic:P

Yeah for how long is SE saying SMN getting new avatar?

Well I guess whm (yay) got all love from this update

and whats wrong with the "...second half...." good my math teacher didnt see that one.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 08:17:36  
Darkvision said:
and Wooooodum there is your confirmation about hatega. when something states "in the same manner as the white magic Haste." that is tooken for granted, in SE's words, it works LIKE the white magic spell. and the white magic spell does not overrite spider web at all, there are other types of slow it also does not overrite.

You still don't know you're right, regardless of how they word it. =P

That is, unless you have a time machine and have gone into the future to the post update days and seen for yourself.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-30 08:19:13  
Wooooodum said:
Darkvision said:

You still don't know you're right, regardless of how they word it. =P

lmao SE's words not mine :P
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 08:20:07  
I find it absolutely hilarious that Red Mages have been complaining for a change for years. When they get one, now they're complaining that the change isn't good enough. xD

There's no pleasing some people I suppose. Red Mage doesn't need to melee, if you want to melee, level Warrior or Monk. No other job can solo anywhere near as decently as us Red Mages can!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 08:20:32  
Darkvision said:
lmao SE's words not mine :P

That's exactly my point =D
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 08:26:01

Korpg said:
Oh, and you know what this means....

We won't be getting any new avatars, cause this is it for SMN updates.....

SE did say in FanFest that in the next 'few' updates. Seeing this is the first update after them stating that, of course there isn't going to be any new avatars :P
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-03-30 08:31:02  
As situational as the en-spells are, aren't we forgetting what you'll most likely be using them on? THE NEW TREASURE CASKETS!

If RDM excels in parties, endgame events, AND soloing, what did you expect them to increase the range to? I agree its not the zomgbestupdateforRDMever! but if you HONESTLY ask yourself what you expected RDM to get, HONESTLY... There are more-deserving jobs out there for an update, imo. Maybe not the "been waiting for update the longest!" but hey, you get what you wished for, a RDM Update. Next time, be specific. XD
 Valefor.Xephenia
サーバ: Valefor
user: Xephenia
By Valefor.Xephenia 2009-03-30 08:31:58  
Seriously though... people arguing about gear: remember that there were "generations" of players who were effective in their jobs before a lot of new gear came out. Not that I'm saying theres any superiority in "playin it old school", but it is worth noting that one should rely on on their own skill and merits and not every possible piece of the most updated gear. Yes I know it helps, but match the more contemporary players up against the newer players and see if we all don't learn a little bit about how lazy and gear-dependent we've gotten.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-30 08:33:13  
We aren't arguing about gear, we're arguing about how much gear we can hold.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-03-30 08:36:19  
Im happy with it.

I get a new abilty that gives me acc and so more exp in campaign.

As I dont have a joy-toy Tier II enspells will also increase my DoT, so thats again a nice buff to my campaign exp.

The problem SE faced was, how do you improve the melee ablity (there aim, not my request) the best solo job in the game without breaking the game.

And I dont think the people who are moaning would have been happy until the game was broken.

RDM/NIN already has an ungoddly amount of fastcast (with AF and relic), but lacks acc to melee high level stuff. This buff will (at a guess) degate most of the fast cast but increase the acc. This almost turns us into NIN/RDM (in terms of acc and fastcast).

But it all comes down to how much dmg the new spells will do, how much slower your spells are and how much acc you gain.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7