RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At Last!), SMN Tweaks Too!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2009-03-30 14:04:44  
I'm curious about this bit:
PlayOnline Official Announcement said:

Adds elemental damage to your initial attacks (subsequent blows by characters for whom multiple attacks are possible do not receive this effect).

I hope this only applies to tier 2 enspells, if it applies to all enspells one might call this update a nerf :x
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-30 14:06:44  
Nightfyre said:

Death would be broken unless it's horribly inaccurate, costs half your mp, and doesn't work on nm/mission mobs. Not that I'd complain, mind you ^.^ I'd definitely like to see Death, Doom, Meteor, Ultima, etc though.

Well if there's a death spell it should work like that yeah. Inaccurate on EP+ mob, NM immunity, high MP cost (maybe not 50%, but something like an AM II), long recast timer, but average/short cast duration :d (so can use it in last resort and /pray).
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-30 14:21:14  
How do we get 6 pages of posts out of 3 updates?
 Seraph.Luuujeje
サーバ: Seraph
user: luuujeje
By Seraph.Luuujeje 2009-03-30 14:34:53  
Hello!! You forgot WHM?? With new spell from WHM no more TP feed to mob, and plus whm can main heal, all right?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-30 14:35:02  
Frobeus said:
Ravax said:
I kind of feel like this update to Rdm is the only thing that could have fairly been improved at all. We all know it's got stupid advantages in a lot of arenas. With this, the only thing Rdm is actually still bad at is holding hate. And it fits because Rdms are supposed to be a jack of all trades. With this, I really think that Rdm/Dnc will become a viable option. Particularly on enemies you can use Aspir Samba on. But, then, that'd disable any Enspell II action.

Lol wut.

^
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-03-30 14:38:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Enternius said:

Same way we got 10+ pages out of 1 Salvage Duping ban.
 Seraph.Luuujeje
By Seraph.Luuujeje 2009-03-30 14:44:04  
Aphy said:
Eh SE wasted a perfectly good update on rdm and *useless* smn update.
As a main smn and rdm myself I should be excited, but im not.
Reason being the update rdm's got, useless. that JA ability useless. The en-spells2 useless. Yeah attacking them with enfire will make them more resistant to water, but really when is that helpful? Silence, Grav? Thats it. Oh maybe for nuking but if ur gonna be a nuker, u wont want a silly rdm attacking your slept mob o.O And that new JA. Thats above all useless! Now instead of casting refresh everytime my timer is up I can wait a few more seconds cause it lasts longer yipee! oh but dont forget my timer is now longer, so whats the point? I get to wait a few more seconds? yay! IMO they needed to leave rdm alone. Its good enough.

Smn, yeah the haste effect is /win. The only thing about this update is /win is the haste for garuda. That AoE was so tiny before. I think ppl in campaign will like that ^^ The BP abilities, gimmie a break I know a handful of ppl who actually put merits into it. I dont know many others who want to get these, tho look cool, have no practical use end game wise. :x

sry but this was a huge disappointment.
At least whm looks cool now (^-^)b

This is my 2-cent.
As in a party, RDM will have more fun now bc they dont have to cast spells as often as before. RDM can go whacking mobs instead of dozing off in back line, without worry about TP feeding bc new spell from WHM solve that. WHM will conserve more mp bc new effect stonskin after every cure. So, RDM will cast refresh for WHM less often also. Too shame, BLM dont get any update this time. I was hoping BLM would get JA that shorten casting time for high tier nuke spells so it would be more friendly to MB for BLM. Maybe SE want BLM to sub SCH so they can cast faster. As i said...this is just my 2-cent.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-30 14:44:39  
Luignata said:
Enternius said:

Same way we got 10+ pages out of 1 Salvage Duping ban.

It hit the 20s, I believe :x

C'MON!! MOAR PALADIN UPDATES!!! :DDDDDDD

Sorry, couldn't resist. They couldn't even put some Red Mage updates pre-37?? So much for tier II Enspells for /RDM ^^;
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-30 14:45:11  
My take on the situation:
The RDM JA thing is stupid. It expands on an area RDM is subpar at and makes them worse at what they were good at. Think Defender on WAR.

Enspell-IIs are stupid. The only time you'd NEED the added ACC from the lowered resistance is on an 85+ NM, and good luck hitting those. (They do look cool, however.)

The Hastega fix is long overdue but nothing to get excited about.

The merit BPs (While also looking very cool) were never useful in the first place aside from a few fights. Depends on how much damage this adds, I guess.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-30 14:46:56  
Luuujeje said:
This is my 2-cent.
As in a party, RDM will have more fun now bc they dont have to cast spells as often as before. RDM can go whacking mobs instead of dozing off in back line, without worry about TP feeding bc new spell from WHM solve that. WHM will conserve more mp bc new effect stonskin after every cure. So, RDM will cast refresh for WHM less often also. Too shame, BLM dont get any update this time. I was hoping BLM would get JA that shorten casting time for high tier nuke spells so it would be more friendly to MB for BLM. Maybe SE want BLM to sub SCH so they can cast faster. As i said...this is just my 2-cent.

The aforementioned wall of text is moot. No one parties with both a WHM and RDM. And none of these new updates are going to change that.
 Remora.Kiishim
サーバ: Remora
user: Kiishim
By Remora.Kiishim 2009-03-30 14:52:51  
RDM REALLY didn't need anything new. They're already used in almost everything. What they needed to do instead of giving WHM a bunch of new HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE abilities is give them some way of getting mp back. But because they didn't, WHM will still not be as useful as RDM and will still be sitting on the bench. It's a shame really. Way to screw WHMs over again SE. And no, I'm not a WHM.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-30 14:53:30  
Enternius said:
Luuujeje said:
This is my 2-cent.

The aforementioned wall of text is moot. No one parties with both a WHM and RDM. And none of these new updates are going to change that.

Sometimes I think there is no hope for you Etern, then you go say something smart. D: >< /em is sad panda now
 Seraph.Luuujeje
By Seraph.Luuujeje 2009-03-30 14:55:38  
Enternius said:
Luuujeje said:
This is my 2-cent.

This is why NA players will never beat JP players. Lack of improvisation and creativity make you do the same old school party and feel bored of it.
And then you start screaming for new update.

Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-30 14:57:48  
Luuujeje said:
Enternius said:
Luuujeje said:
This is my 2-cent.

This is why NA players will never beat JP players. Lack of improvisation and creativity make you do the same old school party and feel bored of it.
And then you start screaming for new update.

Nice quote-job.

Are you trying to imply that all NA players secretly crave a party with more healers than melees?
 Seraph.Luuujeje
By Seraph.Luuujeje 2009-03-30 15:02:25  
I'm sorry for mis-post. Not doing this often.
I just say WE need to be more creative to gain more fun from this update. SE has done its job. Now it is up to us to take out most of it from now. Just think outside the box and stop complaining.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-30 15:06:07  
Luuujeje said:
I'm sorry for mis-post. Not doing this often.
I just say WE need to be more creative to gain more fun from this update. SE has done its job. Now it is up to us to take out most of it from now. Just think outside the box and stop complaining.

User submitted image

^
^
^
ME!!

Am i doin it right?
 Seraph.Luuujeje
By Seraph.Luuujeje 2009-03-30 15:11:27  
Lol. You are SITTING outside the box XD
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-30 15:11:55  
Luuujeje said:
Lol. You are SQUATING outside the box XD

GDI
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-03-30 15:52:44

Majique said:
so summoners should just not expect new avatars, but every other job can expect new abilities, spells, gear etc. on a regular updated basis? wow. the last peice of new anything that was given to smn was karura hachigane (znm garuda headband), elemental siphon and garland of bliss. not much before that besides yy robe and diabolos and fenrir.
i play smn effectively as well, but your making it sound like i and other smn's are bad smn's cuz we want more than just 9 avatars. maybe if SE had never have brought the matter up we'd all be quite complacent with what we have. boredom is a factor, but SE has openly hinted/teased for years.

What I said was not a personal dig to any summoners. What I mean by my message was that, perhaps some smn's do not know how to effectively use his/her current avy's to the full potential (merits, etc.) It's not to say that anyone is bad or is greedy.

I look forward to any avys (if we get any), but I'm not going to sit here and worry about it and complain and wonder why se is not doing this, or doing that. I'm busy trying to better myself, occupy my time until they do arrive!

And after all, we are all friends here! I humbly do not mean to offend. :)
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-30 16:30:23  
Majique said:
so summoners should just not expect new avatars, but every other job can expect new abilities, spells, gear etc. on a regular updated basis? wow. the last peice of new anything that was given to smn was karura hachigane (znm garuda headband), elemental siphon and garland of bliss. not much before that besides yy robe and diabolos and fenrir.
i play smn effectively as well, but your making it sound like i and other smn's are bad smn's cuz we want more than just 9 avatars. maybe if SE had never have brought the matter up we'd all be quite complacent with what we have. boredom is a factor, but SE has openly hinted/teased for years.

Uh... who said your job shouldnt be tweaked?... read again. Secondly, if boredom is a factor heres a crazy idea PLAY ANOTHER JOB. Oh and btw... you aren't the only job to have things mentioned by SE only to never come true, the difference is nobody else cries as much as SMN seem to. Lastly, there are FAR MORE IMPORTANT things with other jobs that need to be adjusted (not to mention just overall gameplay stuff), so tbh I think ALL job adjustments (with the exception of cases like WHM's state of lolness, no im not saying they suck, only that theyve kinda been replaced in most cases) should come secondary to fixes like the level sync's brokenness when it first came out.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 17:33:40

Nightfyre said:
Aledacia said:
Quote:

Death :]

Yes! Death! And Doom. ;D And Ultima. T_T

Death would be broken unless it's horribly inaccurate, costs half your mp, and doesn't work on nm/mission mobs. Not that I'd complain, mind you ^.^ I'd definitely like to see Death, Doom, Meteor, Ultima, etc though.

Sounds familiar...
*stabs 1000 Needles*
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-30 17:39:42  
I don't know what any of you guys are talking about right now but...stop complaining if you are, its better then them handing out nerfs to everyone D=
 Kujata.Houshisama
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-30 17:41:08  
Ludoggy said:
I don't know what any of you guys are talking about right now but...stop complaining if you are, its better then them handing out nerfs to everyone D=

do we want to repeat blm rng etc etc nerfs? no
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 17:41:42

It's human nature.
We will always want more.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-30 17:49:06  
Houshisama said:
Ludoggy said:

do we want to repeat blm rng etc etc nerfs? no

Really think those were necessary anyway... the NOT cool thing was ToAu basically cutting BLM's feet out from under them
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-30 17:50:09

Best way to fix it: Make Colibri link and/or aggro :x

Would completely kill parties D:
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-30 18:11:18  
Enternius said:

Knowing we can get 20+ pages out of thin air, 6 pages for an update is ok :D
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-03-30 18:14:55  
Quote:
Smn, yeah the haste effect is /win. The only thing about this update is /win is the haste for garuda. That AoE was so tiny before. I think ppl in campaign will like that ^^ The BP abilities, gimmie a break I know a handful of ppl who actually put merits into it. I dont know many others who want to get these, tho look cool, have no practical use end game wise. :x

Whoever said this had never seen the wonders a geocrush can have on mnk NMs....

/sigh

This update is a big win for SMN, more dmg for Magical BPs and higher AoE Range for Buffs - what smn has not cursed at least once cause someone of the party ran out of stonskin/haste/Fenrir buffs....

Anyways - weeee~

(and to get to the basic discussion - the acc in that is definitly meant magic acc or it wouldnt be in the same sentence as recast <.<;;)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-30 18:17:02  
Magistrella said:
(and to get to the basic discussion - the acc in that is definitly meant magic acc or it wouldnt be in the same sentence as recast <.<;;)

Are you sure about that?
Check these 2 links >.>
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-30 18:18:40  
Hitetsu said:
Magistrella said:

Are you sure about that?
Check these 2 links >.>

How about recasts for spells and giving magic accuracy at the same time?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7