RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At Last!), SMN Tweaks Too!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
RDM Tier 2 En-Spells Confirmed (At last!), SMN Tweaks Too!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-30 18:21:55  
It could do, but my point was, just because it said "recast" and "accuracy" in the same sentence, doesn't mean it's definitely MAcc.

Hasso increases Accuracy but increases Cast and Recast times on spells by 50%. Seigan enhances Third Eye, gives Counter and increases Cast and Recast times by 50% also..
 Fenrir.Bokey
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bokey
By Fenrir.Bokey 2009-03-30 19:05:55  
SE purposely put regular ACC, At Fan Fest they Said for the past 2 years that RDM is suppose to be a Front Line job, Hence why they gave that Ability to RDM's and the En-Spells II, But we all have to be real here, Who in the World is gonna invite a RDM to DD in a pt? All thi is gonna do is let RDM's have a bit of Experimental time on their own. Everyone is so Bent on RDM just staying in the back doing nothing just curing and their Enfeeb's. I was hoping for something for RDM besides this but what can ya do?

As For SMN u cant really expect any epic updates for it. Everyone had to of known that the only thing that was gonna change was the range of AoE BP's. BLU and SCH were trampling over SMN when it came to AoE Stoneskin and AoE Phalanx. Thus no one wanted SMN's in tank parties for Dyna or anything like that. Who knows maybe now people will start using SMN's again. I still think the Mystery Avatar(s) are gonna come out its only a matter of time. I dont Think SE is just gonna come out and say who Avatars are. You have to Consider, Did they say we were getting Diabolos and Fenrir before the update? Even i dont know that only because i didnt start SMN till After but this is my own thought(s) on these updates. /shrug
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-03-30 19:07:26  
I think it was for melee accuracy. A way for rdm so sustain itself on the front lines longer.

In order to make this successful EG wise people are going to have to start thinking about how to make their rdms more durable and not be a liability for the healers. I think it's good for the level you get it though.

RDM hits a Brick wall enfeebling wise. We've had to depend on other jobs to lower resistances for us. SE maybe figured BLMS, NINS and RDMS would cooperate to lower the resistances but that never happened.

There's basically 2 ways you can go now.
Continue to reach for 355+ enfeebling and keep all of your staves or settle for about 330 and use a sword.

I can't wait to test and see which works out better.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-03-30 20:19:27  
I wonder if these new spells will have any effect on Enhancing Sword prices.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-30 22:34:09  
The way I see the rdm JA's is that it's designed for RDM solo meleeing. Enspell II is obviously not going to get a job with no good WS's a place in a merit party as a melee. The JA also says that it only works for spells cast on yourself, so there's not really any way of using it in a party. It could be that it just doesn't raise the recast time of spells that are cast on other people as well.

But using this JA while solo-ing probably means that pro/shell/refresh/phalanx/enspell/ice spikes/aquaveil will all last longer (although it says white and black magic, not enhancing magic <_<), meaning that you use less MP and have to cast less often while solo-ing.

As for smn, if you don't get any new avatars, well that kinda sucks, but it's not the end of the world. The changes to smn are really just fixes to long standing problems that should have been fixed forever ago, can't complain about that. Also, anyone that uses blu in tank party instead of smn for aoe stoneskin probably doesn't realise that smn stoneskin is more potent (blu caps at 200). Although I don't know the recast for smn :/
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-03-31 04:22:43  
Blazza said:
But using this JA while solo-ing probably means that pro/shell/refresh/phalanx/enspell/ice spikes/aquaveil will all last longer (although it says white and black magic, not enhancing magic <_<), meaning that you use less MP and have to cast less often while solo-ing.

Just to point that out - theres divine - enfeebling and enhancing magic in the White Magic List uhm... yeah. To make that more clear lets take the sch effects Light Arts and Dark Arts - their description reads ingame "Optimizes white magic capability while lowering black magic proficiency." - and vise versa.

Also says what it enhances clearly so i dont wanna put my stick on that 100% but im pretty sure its for all sorts of magic.

Blazza said:

As for smn, if you don't get any new avatars, well that kinda sucks, but it's not the end of the world. The changes to smn are really just fixes to long standing problems that should have been fixed forever ago, can't complain about that. Also, anyone that uses blu in tank party instead of smn for aoe stoneskin probably doesn't realise that smn stoneskin is more potent (blu caps at 200). Although I don't know the recast for smn :/

Well the recast for SMN depends on the BP- gear you have - -5 from yin -2 from relic hands/legs/feet and -3 from the head gives you a total of -14 and max of 46 seconds after usage - since you have to release/cure/do ***between those two youll probably never be able to buff right 46 seconds after the last (esp. since your MP wont last THAT long if you do that all the time) but its possible and a nice dmg preventer.

To the casting time of Seigan and Hasso - if the Rdm one works like this... ima go kick that programmers *** in person if it only works casting on yourself. Like RDM would need a only for solo JA that raises recasts... if its only 10-25% its ok... but if its like SE/Hasso... omg *b!tchslap*

uh yeah x.x
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 04:32:38  
Keep in mind that if it increases the duration of buffs by enough then it won't matter how long the recast is. You can buff yourself with everything (except stoneskin) with the JA up and then click it off. Then they'll probably all last long enough for you to reactivate the JA when it's time to recast them.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-31 09:55:51  
Well... I guess we no longer have the issue of "I don't have enough inventory for all my melee gear" now do we, Korpg?

{Mog Satchel} {You can have this.}
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7