Level 30~+'s In Abyssea????

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Level 30~+'s in Abyssea????
Level 30~+'s in Abyssea????
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-07-23 21:00:23  
Ok, so a week ago my LS went into abyssea to exp, and while we were in there we noticed that there was a few people from lv30-60 in there. A 35 BRD, 43 NIN, and some other jobs. About a 3 hours later, the bard was a level 55, NIN a level 58.
O_o. So I'm guessing that they were in a party with a bunch of other level 75+'s and just leeching off of them from exp from the chests? Idk if their exp would be gimped because they're a lower level, or if it would be the same. Would it gimp the higher level's exp?

Discuss O-o
 Sylph.Ashaaman
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-07-23 21:01:34  
They'd get exp scaled down, but it would still be faster/longer lasting than any party they could get at their levels.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-23 21:03:07  
abyssburn?!?
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-07-23 21:03:13  
This is what i heard from LS mates last night... that in alliances there for xp, the pts keep low levels to simply be chest *** while others are fighting... its basically free xp for those who have the job, even though it would be gimped a bit
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-23 21:15:26  
having someone lower in the PT would lower the exp for those above 75 I believe. I did a run with a 67 in the group and the exp for initial kill was 50 exp when the run before hand we were getting 90 exp first kills. Also takes a bit longer to get to exp cap.
[+]
By Geloudia 2010-07-23 21:41:14  
was in today with lvl 31 THF . used almost all my cruors for keys. even if i can't fight at that level i can sure help them get TE and other goody-goods. they concetrated on the fighting and such and i managed the chests.
 Asura.Tero
サーバ: Asura
user: Tero
By Asura.Tero 2010-07-23 21:41:24  
yea exp takes a while longer to cap out and i think its a lower cap but @35 its like 300~450 exp per kill which at 35~40 is crazy exp lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 21:43:37  
Bismarck.Rinako said:
having someone lower in the PT would lower the exp for those above 75 I believe. I did a run with a 67 in the group and the exp for initial kill was 50 exp when the run before hand we were getting 90 exp first kills. Also takes a bit longer to get to exp cap.
This probably has more to do with recent maintenance than anything else, it resets mob levels. Lower level players working the chests should have no effect on everyone else's EXP.

The fact that chest EXP isn't gimped with level makes this a really nice option for lowbie EXP, and given how dead old camps are now it's a welcome option.
 Fenrir.Lilley
user: lilley
By Fenrir.Lilley 2010-07-23 21:50:08  
personally i think this is just another way to cheat,,end up lvl30 >> 80 in a few short hours on a job ,you dont know how to play and with gimped skills ,,no doubt all the botters and rmt's will love it tho.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-07-23 21:51:35  
Yeah the first Abyssea exp alliance I did, our leader was a 61 RNG who just went around opening chests (along with a 78+ PLD who was doing some backup healing between opening chests). He got to 71 before I left the group, which was still going strong when I left, so he prolly went even higher. Pretty sweet; makes me think about maybe leveling some jobs that way...

Edit: No doubt some will use it to "cheat" their way up in levels on jobs they'll actually play but suck at because they have no experience actually playing it, as Lilley said, but it's not like that's anything new... Personally the only reason I'm thinking of using it is to take my MNK, RNG, and NIN to high enough levels to quest Asuran Fists, Empyreal Arrow, Detonator, and Blade: Ku, so that I can have all the non-Mythic quested WSs. Because I'm a silly quest *** like that. I wouldn't actually play the jobs beyond that, other than to cap skills (because of my silly obsession with blue numbers), aside from maybe NIN, which I've thought about leveling just for soloing stuff as NIN/DNC...
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-23 21:57:44  
"Joeschmoe is a gimp he astral burned Abyssea burned his job to 80."

oh I can see it now...
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-07-23 21:59:12  
Fenrir.Lilley said:
personally i think this is just another way to cheat,,end up lvl30 >> 80 in a few short hours on a job ,you dont know how to play and with gimped skills ,,no doubt all the botters and rmt's will love it tho.

Here we go again........
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 22:05:16  
ITT: killing birds/crabs/crawlers/etc makes you good at your job
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-07-23 22:15:54  
Hey, I'm not sure about everyone, but I'm excited after hearing about it a few hours ago. Had to restart a new character due to last one being lost while I wasn't playing, so, Once I do g1-5 and the new cap, it'll be a big boost to help me level smn, brd, sch and pld up to 80, ontop of whm.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-23 22:17:35  
Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in abyssea with a lv. 30 job, yer I want to get it to 80 asap so i can use it in events and such (or 66 for maats cap w/e) but when in abyssea I want in the action, I couldn't handle sitting back and just opening chest the whole run watching everyone else having a blast fighting. Even 75+ chest openers that I've seen get in on some the action. They don't just stand there waiting.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-23 22:23:01  
Fenrir.Lilley said:

You are an idiot, stfu and get back to smashing your head against the same wall you have been smashing it against for the past 12 years of your life you actually remember.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-23 22:31:51  
Fenrir.Lilley said:

idk, if you're a mage job like RDM for example you can spam dia on mobs until you're capped for each level. Unlike smn burning.
[+]
 Fenrir.Lilley
user: lilley
By Fenrir.Lilley 2010-07-23 22:35:40  
LoL wow f'en harsh man,,i'm sure i'm not the only person around the game tht objects to exp leeches , botters, and rmt's ,,or gets hacked off with ppl tht turn up to merit pt's or events and say crap like,,,,whats refresh ? Barfira ,i dont have that spell...and oh i havnt got pentathrust / tachi: gekko yet on a 75+ jobs

*i agree the old style pt exp'ing is crappy/outdated and doesn't really teach u much apart from target/hit/ws / However i just think SE have gone from one extreem to another,,too much too fast too easy tooo exploit,if u dont object to it on a moral level then goforit thats up to you,its just imo ,ppl that don't wanna put in time to exp are more likely to be the ppl that dont wanna put in the time to skill up either.
*But yes they've always been around.
*Returns to bashing head on Brick Wall* OK!
[+]
 Cerberus.Eburo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stephano
By Cerberus.Eburo 2010-07-23 22:37:18  
Awesome, maybe I can level SCH sub xD
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 22:50:17  
Fenrir.Lilley said:
LoL wow f'en harsh man,,i'm sure i'm not the only person around the game tht objects to exp leeches , botters, and rmt's ,,or gets hacked off with ppl tht turn up to merit pt's or events and say crap like,,,,whats refresh ? Barfira ,i dont have that spell...and oh i havnt got pentathrust / tachi: gekko yet on a 75+ jobs
I hear they make haste gear for you to wear on your feet now, you should check that out.

Asshattery aside, the basic fact is this: easy exp and botting/RMT have minimal correlation. There are plenty of social groups on our server that set up in-house SMN burns of varying quality, are they botters and RMT? And while we're at it, do take the time to explain to me how killing birds for however many levels makes you good at a job, especially given how drastically many roles change at 75/80 and how many other jobs employ an entirely different toolset post-exp. Lastly, explain these: the gimps who fit under what you just described but were around pre-AF burn, and the gimps who don't AFburn/Abyssea leech and are still that gimp.

Gimp is gimp and getting your EXP from one source or another does not and has never made somebody gimp.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 22:55:14  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Lilley said:
I hear they make haste gear for you to wear on your feet now, you should check that out.

Asshattery aside, the basic fact is this: easy exp and botting/RMT have minimal correlation. There are plenty of social groups on our server that set up in-house SMN burns of varying quality, are they botters and RMT? And while we're at it, do take the time to explain to me how killing birds for however many levels makes you good at a job, especially given how drastically many roles change at 75/80 and how many other jobs employ an entirely different toolset post-exp. Lastly, explain these: the gimps who fit under what you just described but were around pre-AF burn, and the gimps who don't AFburn/Abyssea leech and are still that gimp.

Gimp is gimp and getting your EXP from one source or another does not and has never made somebody gimp.

Lol'd, then died a little inside because my MNK gear isn't much better.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 22:57:21  
Hey, at least you have Fumas right?

Probably shouldn't have included that part, but it both bugs and amuses me that the only people I've seen raise a fuss about leeching EXP tend to be undergeared and/or lack skill...
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-07-23 23:00:00  
I only see 2 issues with the leeching exp from abysea parties:

1) Skill levels. Not player skill, Like, sword skill.
2) Gear gimped. (No explination needed)

That said, I'm all thumbs up for the idea of something to help re-level my stuff again.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 23:02:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Probably shouldn't have included that part, but it both bugs and amuses me that the only people I've seen raise a fuss about leeching EXP tend to be undergeared and/or lack skill...

I do, I have Rajas, Brutal, O-kotes and Fumas. I use a Woodsmans though instead of an ulthalams (sp)

Oh and spectacles for the lulz.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-07-23 23:04:01  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

^
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 23:06:23  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I do, I have Rajas, Brutal, O-kotes and Fumas. I use a Woodsmans though instead of an ulthalams (sp)

I won't be using Ulth myself, Balrahn's ftw so Sniper's Ring is go. Specs are w/e, 7 acc on the cheap isn't bad.

Speaking of MNK gear, my MNK has no feet gear right now! GIMP!

It's level 24, *** defense onry feet. Have Windurstian Kyahan ready to go at 25.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 23:12:39  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I won't be using Ulth myself, Balrahn's ftw so Sniper's Ring is go.

Speaking of which, my MNK has no feet gear right now! GIMP!

It's level 24, *** defense onry feet. Have Windurstian Kyahan ready to go at 25.

Woot, you're nearly in the glorious Republic subligar levels!

When I was first levelling MNK a headpiece was a major issue, you have the Zeal cap now though which is a really nice piece. I used this Piece of ***
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 23:16:14  
I'll be wearing those subligar for a good while too Q.Q Have hoshikazu hakama for solo so I won't have to stare at brown underwear all the time but I'll be rocking the subligar anytime I'm in a party.

I have voyager sallet thanks to BLU, so my "good headgear" levels will start a bit sooner than yours. Still gotta camp/buy Okote but I got Hkote off Boroka while camping Auditory Torque so I'm fairly well set there too.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-23 23:19:45  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I won't be using Ulth myself, Balrahn's ftw so Sniper's Ring is go. Specs are w/e, 7 acc on the cheap isn't bad.

I wish I could get a Balrahn's... I had made the mistake of getting Ulthalam's long ago...
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 23:20:07  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'll be wearing those subligar for a good while too Q.Q Have Usu 15s (STR+1) for solo but I'll be rocking the subligar anytime I'm in a party.

I have voyager sallet thanks to BLU, so my "good headgear" levels will start a bit sooner than yours.

It's a good thing, I wanted the Sallet but it was hard to get a group to do it lots, MNK was my first job too.

I used subligar till 71, when I switched them for Prince's Slops Though apparently it was a 'bad decision' >.> If you've got Byakkos ready and waiting it's beautiful. I used Shura body too, due to me wanting to save ACP for SCH. Keeping decently geared, and skilled up on mnk and you'll notice yourself out DDing most other DD's early levels lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7