Level 30~+'s In Abyssea????

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Level 30~+'s in Abyssea????
Level 30~+'s in Abyssea????
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-26 20:38:53  
Bahamut.Ivve said:
It's a silly attitude. OH HOW I ADMIRE THESE PEOPLE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE! That doesn't strike anyone else as bizarre?
tool is a bit backwards, don't take it to heart.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-07-26 21:03:53  
I took no offense to what Tool said. There are people who have solo'd all the way to 75 (and now 80). It took some of them years to do it. Now, someone can buy the game and level from 1-80 in a very short time. Some are offended by that and then, there are some who don't care. Just depends on the person.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. SE designed it knowing these things were going to happen. Nothing will be done about it because no one's really breaking any rules.

Lots of people in this game judge you by how many 75's you have as well as your gear. Perhaps people will learn to be less judgemental.

Yeah...Right..
[+]
 Bahamut.Ivve
サーバ: Bahamut
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-26 21:31:07  
Oh, I'm not upset about it or anything. My intent was just to point out the flaw in that way of thinking. I don't judge anyone, except these people... Just exceptionally smarmy. If I fall into the category of people he wouldn't want to associate himself with, who gives a ***? He's just some Tool anyway. Oh ho ho!
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-26 21:44:36  
Bahamut.Ivve said:
Oh, I'm not upset about it or anything. My intent was just to point out the flaw in that way of thinking. I don't judge anyone, except these people... Just exceptionally smarmy. If I fall into the category of people he wouldn't want to associate himself with, who gives a ***? He's just some Tool anyway. Oh ho ho!

Oh So funny, my pants flew off.... -.-

He made a good point and it was valid.
 Bahamut.Ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-26 21:46:09  
Lighten up broski.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-26 21:49:35  
Leave it be ok? You pretty much tried to berate him...

Let it go...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-26 21:59:07  
My, my, I didn't realize everyone would get so touchy if their opinions were challenged! I tried to point out that he's contradicting himself. Really though, the whiteknighting is unnecessary. I'm sure if he feels the need to defend his opinion, he'll do it himself.
 Asura.Masekase
サーバ: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-07-26 22:19:48  
I can understand people who do this. Its not like the game gets a big influx of new people. Most players allready have gone through the normal way of leveling. They have allready learned the basic stuff needed.

You cant tell me every new update a job gets people go oh s**t I don't know how to play my job now.

You get less than a handfull of new abilities post 30. With regards to spells. Most of them are only a higher tier than the last ones. with a few new ones thrown in.

I would not burn a main job that I wanted to play. But I would burn any job I needed for a sub.

Why would you want to go through to 49 on nin if you hated tanking ? for example.

Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 01:37:25  
I apologize if my previous posts had a poor choice of words which may have showed signs that I look down or pass judgment upon a certain group of people. However, I was simply trying to say, I tend to bond well with those with a similar mindset as mine rather than those who are really into that which isn't of great significance to me.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 01:42:18  
Also Ivve. Really, get over yourself. You have no idea how much of a jackass you look attacking a non-existent problem you have with my opinion in one's subjective terms of enjoying the game.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-27 02:13:06  
Bahamut.Ivve said:
He said he would "rather associate [himself] with people who enjoy the game as a whole and play it for what it is and has to offer rather than those who must and only get anything out of being on top." How is that not a judgment about people who level through nontraditional means? How is it not looking down on other people when you clearly think that there are some out there who are better, or more deserving of your time and consideration? I'm just saying, you should really examine what you've said here, because you really aren't as unbiased as you think you are. Maybe you've just poorly phrased whatever it was you meant to say.

There are a lot of people who are perfectly fine players, are generally nice people, and enjoy a wide range of activities that simply do not include EXP parties. They'd like to level another job, but the idea of spending weeks (or months, depending on the job) in EXP parties completely kills any desire they may have had. That person is not incapable of "stopping to smell the roses," and honestly I'm not sure that's even a valid thing to say about FFXI. Please elaborate on what activities you're missing out on by leveling your jobs through Abyssea/SMN burn/whathaveyou. I don't see it as missing out on anything.

What I see is that you'll be able to do your own AF coffers and whatnot if you choose. You'll have plenty of skilling up to do, which will drive you to participate in besieged, tag along to help with someone's magian trial mobs, do some FoV pages by yourself or with friends for tabs (and possibly augment things while you're out there, if you're into that), or just make old-fashioned skillup parties either with friends or through /shout, giving you the opportunity to meet new people. You have a whole new job to take around and do anything with, at any level. You can use it in BCNMs, which are still capped, or take it out to campaign to experiment with your macros and gear. I feel like it opens up MORE things to you immediately, because you can really take it to anything at any level, assuming you have appropriate skill/gear and basic knowledge necessary.

I guess I just don't get this like, lowbie-elitist attitude, where people think it's immensely cool to take months to level or be level 37 forever because preserving some kind of low-level innocence makes your gameplay more pristine. It's just *** weird.

ivve please post more it is a joy to read what you write
 Ragnarok.Sephiros
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sephi
By Ragnarok.Sephiros 2010-07-27 02:45:01  
I wanna explain my situation at abyssea as a simple scholar soloing between Lvl 75-80:

- The main reason of soloing here is to get practice about the new mobs and the most efficiently methods to kill them.
- Also it's a plus to kill epemerials (210-870 exp/mob it just depends on the time since you've entered at abyssea and mob lvl).
- Then the skill increases faster than killing puddings,aerns or any other mob at COP/ZM/TOAU or WOTG areas.

I also tried a few abyssean parties,but I consider that it's needed a long time party to get a nice exp.I really think that it will be a great way to merit many jobs without level sync dependence,refreshers or a simple tank.
To clear I wanna say that leeching here will make the same effect that astral burn parties did on Korroloka tunnel (a lot of lag,pullers asking for his reward,leechers paying and many ppl making big amounts of gil with it in the case that SE don't nerf it soon).
 Bahamut.Ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-27 02:51:15  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Also Ivve. Really, get over yourself. You have no idea how much of a jackass you look attacking a non-existent problem you have with my opinion in one's subjective terms of enjoying the game.

Back atcha, buddy. You have a problem with me thinking you're a ridiculous hypocrite and an annoying douche, and you think I'm making something out of nothing. Agree to disagree. AFK Abyssea!
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 02:54:04  
Bahamut.Ivve said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

Back atcha, buddy. You have a problem with me thinking you're a ridiculous hypocrite and an annoying douche, and you think I'm making something out of nothing. Agree to disagree. AFK Abyssea!

I don't even know where that came from. Care to elaborate on your accusations?

Actually nevermind, your posts speak in volumes as it is lol.
 Bahamut.Ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-27 02:58:01  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

ivve please post more it is a joy to read what you write

It was all worth it.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-27 02:58:47  
[+]
 Bahamut.Ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-27 02:58:53  
I have already elaborated. You've even quoted it. *** lol.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 02:59:30  
I really don't care either way. Just sayin I have more fun doin it the old fashioned way. If you don't then that's cool too.
 Bahamut.Ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-27 03:03:10  
That's not even the point. I've never stated my personal preference at all.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 03:04:28  
Then there's nothing left to discuss :)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-27 03:06:58  
Fenrir.Tool said:
I do look up to and rather associate myself with people who enjoy the game as a whole and play it for what it is and has to offer rather than those who must and only get anything out of being on top.
Fenrir.Tool said:
I really don't care either way. Just sayin I have more fun doin it the old fashioned way. If you don't then that's cool too.

Backpedaling.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 03:07:35  
What's there to face honestly? The guy fabricated an argument to use against me when there was none to be had lol.

Also sev:
Fenrir.Tool said:
I apologize if my previous posts had a poor choice of words which may have showed signs that I look down or pass judgment upon a certain group of people. However, I was simply trying to say, I tend to bond well with those with a similar mindset as mine rather than those who are really into that which isn't of great significance to me.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-27 03:12:59  
Fenrir.Tool said:
What's there to face honestly? The guy fabricated an argument to use against me when there was none to be had lol.

pretty sure she's a girl

Fenrir.Tool said:

so you don't want to hang out with people who think differently than you? all you've done is veil the exact same sentiments in slightly softer wording.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 03:14:34  
You would tend to bond better and be more likely to be friends with someone of similar mindset/interests as you yes? That's not to say those who think or do differently than you cannot be friends, but it can be somewhat more difficult.

Embracing those who follow like interests is not to say I close doors upon others.
 Bahamut.Ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-27 03:16:54  
Fabricated an argument?

Fenrir.Tool said:
I do look up to and rather associate myself with people who enjoy the game as a whole and play it for what it is and has to offer rather than those who must and only get anything out of being on top.

I called you out for having a ridiculous weird superior attitude, after which you tried to make yourself appear as neutral as possible and distance yourself from the initial comments. I'm not personally offended by it or angry about it -- I just wanted to point it out for what it is.

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

pretty sure she's a girl

Out of curiosity, why do you think so?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-27 03:18:07  
Fenrir.Tool said:
You would tend to bond better and be more likely to be friends with someone of similar mindset/interests as you yes? That's not to say those who think or do differently than you cannot be friends, but it can be somewhat more difficult.

someone's levelling vs. endgame vs. summon burn vs. bots/no bots etc. preferences would honestly have exactly zero impact on my ability to bond with them

as for the actual question on a larger rl scope, i'm not sure. i'd like to answer yes, but i can't think of any friends that i have that are similar to me, so it's a hard question for me to answer right now
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 03:18:36  
I admit it was poorly worded, but in no way shape or form have I specifically noted that I shut out those I disagree with or refuse to associate myself with them. Rather it is a matter of ease of bonding with a fellow player of like interest/mindset, while being difficult (albeit possible) for those you disagree with.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-27 03:20:43  
Well I apologize for the misunderstanding Ivee. I certainly can see your need to note the flaw in my choice of words, however, I didn't want the purpose of my message to be misunderstood.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-27 03:22:07  
Bahamut.Ivve said:
Only girls are allowed to use good grammar.

Or something.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-27 03:22:43  
Bahamut.Ivve said:

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

pretty sure she's a girl

because we talked about our respective views/opinions on females in combat roles in the military under my bg name/anagram, nervous, and i'm pretty sure i remember you being a marine spouse
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7