Level 30~+'s In Abyssea????

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Level 30~+'s in Abyssea????
Level 30~+'s in Abyssea????
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 04:20:34  
Oh okay, so because I doubt you hold greater skill in all jobs listed which you astral/abyssea burned than most posters on these forums I suddenly am a troll?

Gotcha...
[+]
 Cerberus.Cair
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cairthenn
By Cerberus.Cair 2010-07-26 04:22:44  
What, has your intelligence not reached the capacity to speak beyond pictures?

Fenrir.Tool said:
Oh okay, so because I doubt you hold greater skill in all jobs listed which you astral/abyssea burned than most posters on these forums I suddenly am a troll?

Gotcha...

So, you think the people who regularly post here play their jobs well? This is an issue in itself.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-26 04:24:35  
Cerberus.Cair said:
What, has your intelligence not reached the capacity to speak beyond pictures?

Fenrir.Tool said:

Gotcha...

So, you think the people who regularly post here play their jobs well? This is an issue in itself.
Gotta agree with Cair here
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 04:24:53  
I think you suffer a severe case of Megalomania or perhaps a minor case of containing a superiority complex from a video game.

But other posters aside, I think you're rather full of yourself. Also with that logic, why would you be an exception?
[+]
 Cerberus.Cair
By Cerberus.Cair 2010-07-26 04:25:43  
I can be full of myself and still be correct.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 04:26:23  
Cerberus.Cair said:
I can be full of myself and still be correct.

Delusion seems to be a common side effect.

I'll just leave this here for future reference.
Cerberus.Cair said:
My Thief is Astral Burned from 12.
My White Mage is Astral Burned from 40.
My Scholar is Astral Burned from 37.
My Warrior is Astral Burned from 40.
My Samurai is Abyssea Burned from 70
My Monk is Abyssea Burned from 35.

I most likely know how to play every one of these jobs better than nearly everyone who regularly posts here. Get the *** out of that idiotic mindset.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cair
By Cerberus.Cair 2010-07-26 04:29:13  
The depth of your retorts and the levels of your jobs lead me to believe you are trolling. So that's enough of this.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 04:33:01  
I understand the difficulty of looking under the surface that I have created a new character from scratch and play rather casually as of late; but irrelevance aside, I think you kinda set yourself up with your given claims and I have become victimized to my fault of not giving the benefit of the doubt when I should.

Alas, have a nice evening~
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-26 06:42:25  
lol ludoggy!! i loved that pic when i posted it on a recent forum.. now its doign the rounds!!! weeee
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-26 07:43:32  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
ITT: killing birds/crabs/crawlers/etc makes you good at your job

Yeah, this. But on the other hand, it does let you become pretty familiar with the basic functions of the job - like when's appropriate to use various abilities - and learn that job's role pretty well. But of course it doesn't really make you good.

But, until like level 60+ parties with people who need step by step instructions on how to play their job become a lot more rare than they already are, people are going to say, "SMN burn," or "bought account," or now "Abyssea burned." That there is enough people around that look like this is their first day is evidence enough for a lot of people that something is up. And we're going to keep pointing it out.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-07-26 07:54:09  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
ITT: killing birds/crabs/crawlers/taking more time to level/etc makes you good at your job
[+]
 Bahamut.Ivve
サーバ: Bahamut
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-26 09:40:30  
I think it's ridiculous to assume someone cannot learn how to play a particular job just because they've leveled it quickly through a means like Abyssea or Korroloka parties. Good players will ask for advice, watch other people, parse themselves, and then work on the areas where they are lacking. Shitty players will not do any of those things, and will probably continue to think that the shitty job they're doing ranks anywhere from perfectly fine to good.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-26 09:58:46  
Good players will realize this is a video game and if they aren't playing it perfectly but are perfectly fine with playing how they are, then they will be ok with that.

People that take the game too seriously and as if it were a job (For some of them it is a job because they don't even have a real job) will continue to put the first group down. They will then look at the players that don't take the game as seriously and ridicule them for their choices.

Thus the MMO world spins. As it has been and forever shall be.
[+]
 Diabolos.Voevod
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Voe
By Diabolos.Voevod 2010-07-26 09:59:58  
Diabolos.Torazalinto said:
Diabolos.Voevod said:
I don't think this is a bad thing at all ... based on a different perspective obviously.

I know some of you play hard and seriously in your games and don't want others wasting your time when you roll out to kill (ummm play your game). But a lot of us that are still in here just spending time with RL friends and yes family and sig-others.

Situations like this make it possible for the friendly players to "play" a game together and have some fun. I hope this will help me get Sweeetpea back in here and play again. It really has been hell trying to catch her up to me and our friends from a low-mid section of this game.

And for those that don't play for fun, and spend a ton of time getting the really hard items/status' ... I promise to keep her away from you. ;P

Cheers

heya voe! didn't know you hung out around here. Did sweeetpea get up to 75 yet? O_o

Heya Tor ... sometimes I troll yes ;D How ya been dude? Sweets seems to be done with the game now. Stuck at 70RDM ... damn Maat :(
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-26 10:00:44  
Fenrir.Tool said:
QFT lol

Edit:

Quoted from that link
Quote:
The more skilled you are, the more practice you’ve put in, the more experience you have, the better you can compare yourself to others. As you strive to improve, you begin to better understand where you need work. You start to see the complexity and nuance; you discover masters of your craft and compare yourself to them and see where you are lacking.

On the other hand, the less skilled you are, the less practice you’ve put in and the fewer experiences you have, the worse you are at comparing yourself to others on certain tasks. Your peers don’t call you out because they know as much as you do, or they don’t want to hurt your feelings. Your narrow advantage over novices leads you to think you are the ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-26 10:13:44  
We had a level 40 enter with us last night as a trial. He took charge of chests so he wasn't completely leeching. Over the course of the run he went from DRK40 to DRK67, and at all times seemed to be getting about 100-120 less experience than everyone else.

It might interest people to know that his exp was constantly going up as ours did thanks to the lights, and continued to do so whilst everyone else's was at the cap. I left before the last few hours, so I don't know if he reached the 600 cap... But before I left, he was getting ~500ish.

Which implies it works nicely, especially with the 1,250 spam from chests we were getting.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-26 10:20:00  
I saw a guy that was in there all day this past Saturday. He went from 36 to 80. (I think he was literally in there all day)

I woke up at like 10 am and put some stuff on the AH before I went eat breakfast, and he was in there. I did some trial weapons at around 2pm, and he was in there. I watched a movie with my wife and got back on at 9pm to do some more trial weapons and he was still in there. I went to bed around 2 am and he was still in there. When I woke up Sunday morning at around 9, he was level 80.

Some people are nuts, but Abyssea just made them even moreso.

I kinda feel bad for the people that spent years getting all jobs to 75. Abyssea can make that happen in weeks.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasui
サーバ: Shiva
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-07-26 10:28:06  
I've leeched 37WAR to 67 in about 6 hours in a LS Abyssea run. The level of the person doing chests matters not since they rarely have time to do anything but chests once the alliance is rolling. For the first 5-10 monsters you get no exp, then slowly begins building and will cap out as if you were in a normal party(37-63BLM after 5 hoursish and capping at 540 EXP a kill while they get 600).

Not getting into the whole "OMG YOU CHEATED CAUSE YOU FLOWED/BURNED/ABYSSEA'D YOUR JOBS" seeing how I sold Astral Burns for a month and a half and it paid for my Aegis from the ground up. Thanks Shiva ^^
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-26 10:34:33  
Bahamut.Ivve said:
I think it's ridiculous to assume someone cannot learn how to play a particular job just because they've leveled it quickly through a means like Abyssea or Korroloka parties. Good players will ask for advice, watch other people, parse themselves, and then work on the areas where they are lacking. Shitty players will not do any of those things, and will probably continue to think that the shitty job they're doing ranks anywhere from perfectly fine to good.

You're right, but I don't think it's ridiculous. When you see, for example, a RDM that doesn't really know about refresh at level 75, it's reasonable to say that they should have learned that a while ago. Will they figure it out? Hope so, and maybe they will be an awesome RDM when they figure it out. Just that they are behind the curve.
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Good players will realize this is a video game and if they aren't playing it perfectly but are perfectly fine with playing how they are, then they will be ok with that.

People that take the game too seriously and as if it were a job (For some of them it is a job because they don't even have a real job) will continue to put the first group down. They will then look at the players that don't take the game as seriously and ridicule them for their choices.

Thus the MMO world spins. As it has been and forever shall be.

But it's cool to ridicule those that don't think it's a good way to play? That's weird.

[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-07-26 10:51:38  
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Bahamut.Ivve said:

WELLLL BRODER WHY Y 'ALL THINK I DUN SHOUTS FOR SOME PARDEHS?! WHY Y'ALL SHULD INVITES GOOD OL DERFIE TO A ABISEE PARDEH CUZ I WANT TO LERN HOW TO KICK SOME ***!!! SO BRODER i GEST DONT SEE WHY HOWS Y'ALL SEE YO WHY LVL THIRTEH CANT GET A PARDEH!!!! AND FYI................. I DUNT THINK.................. I DANG OL NOES mY JOBBB IS DAMN GOOOODDD!!! I AM A WARr!! YO

THATS ALL I GOTTA SAIDS BOUTS THAT YO CUZ I AM HUNGRH!!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-26 10:54:50  
Fenrir.Terminus said:

You're right, but I don't think it's ridiculous. When you see, for example, a RDM that doesn't really know about refresh at level 75, it's reasonable to say that they should have learned that a while ago. Will they figure it out? Hope so, and maybe they will be an awesome RDM when they figure it out. Just that they are behind the curve.

hehe when I started to work on nin 75-80 it was right before the abyssea hysteria.

I got a bird pt in misareaux coast. We had a thf who TA me, I was expected to tank. And I did hold hate most of the time. The RDM though, he tend to give me a haste everytime he renewed his own refresh/haste (he was fulltiming Composure). And when I got hit because utsu timers werent up due to lack of haste, he kept giving me phalanx II rather than haste! hahaha

Now I cant say that he was that bad just because he had smn burned RDM or bought his account.

But everyone have to agree on that someone who have played RDM in a regular party most of the time from lv 10-75+ know the importance of hasting their party, while someone who bought their account, or maybe SMN burned RDM to 75+ as their first job wouldnt understand this.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-26 11:02:32  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Now I cant say that he was that bad just because he had smn burned RDM or bought his account.

But everyone have to agree on that someone who have played RDM in a regular party most of the time from lv 10-75+ know the importance of hasting their party, while someone who bought their account, or maybe SMN burned RDM to 75+ as their first job wouldnt understand this.

Yah, I don't think I am being as clear as I could. It's just that I (everyone?) is looking for a reason. I guess people could just start with "idiot," I dunno. And, I don't mean to imply that they will never be good, just that they have to catch up.

I also like when you get haste like every 20 seconds, and no one else gets it at all. Those are fun, too.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-26 11:05:35  
In each case it's down to the users ability to learn and master their job appropriately, rather than the manner in which they came to have the job.

Some people have a better learning capacity than others. I summoner burned SMN all the way to 80 and already have far more of a clue how to play the job than the majority of Summoners I've met.

That is not to sound arrogant, more to express the point. I always look into any jobs, how I can improve them, etc, rather than just sitting on my astral burned laurels and assuming I'm doing it right.

Long story short, blame the players, not the levelling styles.
 Diabolos.Ariane
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-07-26 11:18:35  
Guys seriously, of course there are people who SMNburn/Abyssea their levels and shouldn't because they have no clue how to play. Chances are they would suck less if they'd leveled their job the traditional way, but chances are they'd still be a sub-par player.

Does that mean that everyone who SMNburn/Abyssea up low level jobs sucks at their jobs? Hell no.

Bad players will be bad players no matter how they get their levels, just the degree of their sucking might change.

Good players will be good players no matter how they get their levels, the degree of their skill only dependent on how much effort they choose to put into gearing that job over their other jobs.

The whole argument is pretty much people without the friends or resources to level their jobs quickly and easily trying to make themselves feel better by believing that people leveling easier then they are, will be worse players than they are.
 Asura.Bonlack
サーバ: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-07-26 12:02:04  
If someone wants to exp from 40-80 in 3days I have no problem with that. But it's up to that person to shore up what ever is lacking such as weapon skills etc... if they havent capped them already. EXP is EXP no matter how you get it. The good players will always ask for the best ways to do something where they are unsure and get gear when needed. The shitty people will always think they are fine and bring down pt's b/c they have nothing upgraded or capped. It is just a game but a game based on working with other players. I for one don't want to work with somebody who *** off and cant be bothered to learn the general mechanics of a job by exping in a "conventional" way for at least a few lvls.

Example, MMM runs me on DRG with another DRG. I end up tanking most of the time just by hitting the mob, nothing else even with the -5enm of pat helm. After large damage pentas i use super jump to eleviate hate. Other DRG never used super jump once and was total MP sponge constantly in orange HP. This was not a PL group so MP counts and c'mon use your brain. If you're down to 150-300HP use your *** jump to shed hate not be a tard.

Like I said good players will always work to be the best they can be and learn to help benefit a pt in some small-large way and shitty players will be shitty and drag down pt's.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-26 12:02:06  
Diabolos.Ariane said:
The whole argument is pretty much people without the friends or resources to level their jobs quickly and easily trying to make themselves feel better by believing that people leveling easier then they are, will be worse players than they are.

Sounds pretty accurate to me. At this stage of the game, I don't even necessarily agree that people will be noticeably behind the curve after SMN/Abyssea leveling their jobs quickly. If you have WHM and then level RDM, you have most of the party mechanics down when it comes to being a healer/support type character. You've already done haste cycles, hate management, MP management, and probably have an idea or two about how you should gear that job.

There are a lot of basics you should have learned just by partying with other jobs, as well. If you have any level 75 jobs and you don't know that refresh is a significant spell in a RDM's repertoire, what the hell have you been doing? Certainly not paying attention, which is necessary if you're hoping to play reasonably well.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-26 12:11:58  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
In each case it's down to the users ability to learn and master their job appropriately, rather than the manner in which they came to have the job.

Some people have a better learning capacity than others. I summoner burned SMN all the way to 80 and already have far more of a clue how to play the job than the majority of Summoners I've met.

That is not to sound arrogant, more to express the point. I always look into any jobs, how I can improve them, etc, rather than just sitting on my astral burned laurels and assuming I'm doing it right.

Long story short, blame the players, not the levelling styles.
Not trying to bash you or anything, just an honest question.

How much time have you spent to cap your summoning magic after burning it to lv 80?

Because you know, SMN as a job is pretty useless with gimped summoning magic, the only thing you will ever be good for is /ja "astral flow" <me>, or at best a gimped healer.

that is until your skills are capped and you can actually make use of avatars favor, and elemental siphon and what not.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-26 12:45:16  
Perfectly reasonable question. If I have spare time, I've been levelling it. Have gone from 66ish to 240 the past week levelling it up and using it at events.

It's been boring but Summoning magic is essential to this job, as Enfeebling is to Red Mage, etc. Capping skills has always been a priority on new jobs. I don't consider capping Summoning after Astral Burning any different from capping Shield from level Syncing PLD to 75.
 Bahamut.Ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-07-26 12:53:32  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
I don't consider capping Summoning any different from capping Shield from level Syncing PLD to 75.

Exactly. There's no rage or ridicule directed at people playing their jobs primarily while synced, which gimps skills and also doesn't give opportunities to work with higher level abilities and spells. It's only when you level very quickly that people get angry, because killing an infinite number of mobs while synced to level 20 is far superior to just going to Abyssea/Korroloka, amirite?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7