Level 30~+'s In Abyssea????

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Level 30~+'s in Abyssea????
Level 30~+'s in Abyssea????
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 23:20:46  
And Balrahn only for me, Lovely pair up with the Omega ring for brd.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-23 23:23:21  
Will we ever be able to change our toau rings ? =/
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 23:28:50  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It's a good thing, I wanted the Sallet but it was hard to get a group to do it lots, MNK was my first job too.

I used subligar till 71, when I switched them for Prince's Slops Though apparently it was a 'bad decision' >.> If you've got Byakkos ready and waiting it's beautiful. I used Shura body too, due to me wanting to save ACP for SCH. Keeping decently geared, and skilled up on mnk and you'll notice yourself out DDing most other DD's early levels lol.
I zombied two drops on BLM in exchange for not having to bring a ton of RR earrings. Was fun times.

I have Cobra Unit subligar sitting in storage so I might use those 68+ til Haidate. I will be making an effort to ding into them but eh, droprates are a *** sometimes. Shura body depends on whether I can get my hands on Enkidu's harness, which in turn depends on me getting off my *** and farming up two more T3 pops so we can do two Tinnins soon.
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Will we ever be able to change our toau rings ? =/
One can only hope...
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-07-24 23:58:20  
NOW LISSTEN RIGHT HAR BRODERS CUZ I FOR ONE TRYING TO EVEN GETS TO LVL THIRTEH TO TAP DEM SMEXY EXPERIEUNCE POINTS TO LEVEL ON UPS TOOO!!! NOWS BRODER....... IF YA;LL RATHER CAUGHT DEAD GEST REMBMERS THAT IF Y;ALL GETS GOOD OL DERFIE HIZ EXPERIENCES Y'ALL BE SAFE FROM DEM MOBBIE ONCE I DUN BUFF MY BUFFNESS!!!

SO ANYWAY ABISEE HERE I COME YO!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Diabolos.Ariane
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-07-25 09:10:19  
The argument about gimped skill is kinda invalid given that most of your exp these days no matter how you do it will come from level sync parties. Few enough people are leveling low level jobs that chance are you're gonna have to sync below your skill at some point, so most people are gonna have to skillup outside of exp anyway. It takes a lot less time to completely skill a weapon after leveling, than waiting around for level syncs that will still allow you to get skillups.

As for player skill, if you need 80 levels of playing your job to figure out how to play it, chances are you're going to suck no matter how you play your jobs. FFXI is not rocket science, anyone who cares about the job they play can figure it out pretty quick.

As for being a leech, well, someone has to be the chest ***. It's a pretty important job and pretty stressful, and whoever does is isn't getting skillups or contributing to the fighting much anyway. It doesn't really make a difference if the person doing it is level 30, or level 80.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-25 09:40:57  
Diabolos.Ariane said:
It doesn't really make a difference if the person doing it is level 30, or level 80.

This upsets me ; ; I keep looking to sneak my 40 PLD into abyssea with my LS so I can either pull or pop chests. I pulled as BLM/SCH with mobs smacking me for 200+ a pop, so I'm sure my PLD/NIN can handle them fairly well XD

Buuuut some people in my LS insist that I need to be 80 to do either, but that's mostly because all they want to do is gather 10 mandy's, pop SMN 2hr and repeat.. Then say that "pulling mobs normally" is slow exp >_> /stagger
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-07-25 09:44:14  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Diabolos.Ariane said:
It doesn't really make a difference if the person doing it is level 30, or level 80.

This upsets me ; ; I keep looking to sneak my 40 PLD into abyssea with my LS so I can either pull or pop chests. I pulled as BLM/SCH with mobs smacking me for 200+ a pop, so I'm sure my PLD/NIN can handle them fairly well XD

Buuuut some people in my LS insist that I need to be 80 to do either, but that's mostly because all they want to do is gather 10 mandy's, pop SMN 2hr and repeat.. Then say that "pulling mobs normally" is slow exp >_> /stagger

Good luck, i've been trying to get my 62 Bard in there and my LS still refuses to accept anything below 75.
[+]
 Diabolos.Voevod
user: Voe
By Diabolos.Voevod 2010-07-25 10:11:44  
I don't think this is a bad thing at all ... based on a different perspective obviously.

I know some of you play hard and seriously in your games and don't want others wasting your time when you roll out to kill (ummm play your game). But a lot of us that are still in here just spending time with RL friends and yes family and sig-others.

Situations like this make it possible for the friendly players to "play" a game together and have some fun. I hope this will help me get Sweeetpea back in here and play again. It really has been hell trying to catch her up to me and our friends from a low-mid section of this game.

And for those that don't play for fun, and spend a ton of time getting the really hard items/status' ... I promise to keep her away from you. ;P

Cheers
[+]
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Knightofdragon 2010-07-25 10:25:19  
Lv75+ get normal exp for there Lv, lv30+ jobs get exp scaled down for there level,
two Lv30+ Jobs with 2-3stacks of keys just there to open chest, Chest Exp is the same for everyone,
I think when lv 75 gets 80 a lv30 shld be getting around 20exp, and caps at around 500exp for lv30s instead of the 600, also think takes longer 2 get to not 100% sure thow
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-07-25 11:21:22  
Diabolos.Voevod said:
I don't think this is a bad thing at all ... based on a different perspective obviously.

I know some of you play hard and seriously in your games and don't want others wasting your time when you roll out to kill (ummm play your game). But a lot of us that are still in here just spending time with RL friends and yes family and sig-others.

Situations like this make it possible for the friendly players to "play" a game together and have some fun. I hope this will help me get Sweeetpea back in here and play again. It really has been hell trying to catch her up to me and our friends from a low-mid section of this game.

And for those that don't play for fun, and spend a ton of time getting the really hard items/status' ... I promise to keep her away from you. ;P

Cheers

heya voe! didn't know you hung out around here. Did sweeetpea get up to 75 yet? O_o
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-25 13:47:33  
Abyssea is all right. In my personal opinion they should put a limit on the level requirement to gain EXP [maybe 60/65+?] and also in future version updates increase the EXP/chain multiplier for EXP PTs/campaign/etc outside of Abyssea so people actually will PT in those places and they can stand a fighting chance against Abyssea's EXP mode.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-07-25 14:08:12  
I made a abyssea run yesterday and i was on my lv45 THF and i was chest ***. needless to say the party failed only got 1 time extension... still got 45-47 though. if it had lasted longer the xp would have been much better.
As lv45 xp seems to be about 100 less then people at 75-80 starting at 0 after 2 hrs i was getting like 180xp a kill
But really leeching low lvs in abyssea are only successfull if the partys last along time
[+]
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-07-25 20:26:44  
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Abyssea is all right. In my personal opinion they should put a limit on the level requirement to gain EXP [maybe 60/65+?] and also in future version updates increase the EXP/chain multiplier for EXP PTs/campaign/etc outside of Abyssea so people actually will PT in those places and they can stand a fighting chance against Abyssea's EXP mode.

You're seriously complaining that the addition of a bunch of new camps with superior exp/hr? Because it's not the old camps?
[+]
 Diabolos.Ariane
By Diabolos.Ariane 2010-07-25 20:59:15  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Diabolos.Ariane said:

I've yet to see anyone leeching an Abyssea run who wasn't leading the run. I wouldn't want a leech for anything but chests though. I'm not sure how your groups do pulling, but in mine the pullers grab the mob and then solo it for a bit until the other mob is dead and everyone switches over. A 40 PLD couldn't pull that off. But a 40 PLD could definitely open chests.
[+]
 Leviathan.Fourfingerwoo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Fourfingerwoo 2010-07-26 01:45:00  
no one should have a problem with low lvl jobs getting exp from any situation in this game be it SMN burn or BLM burn or Abyssea pty now... if SE says its ok then its ok...

if you are still butt hurt about players with low skill lvls then climb a mountain and do some soul searching on why other ppl bother you so much cause a heck of a lot of ppl lvl there jobs with regular exp pty's you would consider traditional and there skills are capp'd and they still suck ***.

unless ppl are writing code to cheat then everyone should mind there own business unless there paying your subscription fee's... if someone sucks then dont play with them... :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 01:55:02  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
ITT: killing birds/crabs/crawlers/etc makes you good at your job

If anything, exping traditionally on said mobs is practice/training through repetition. Though it is only a peephole into the advanced systematics of a class and it's purpose and role in higher end activities, in a way this can make you a better player in the sense of preparing for the future, more so than leeching ever will.

Granted, this is 2010, there are hardly any real "new" players these days, and most will get filtered out by LB1. The patience for that alone will test the will of how seriously someone wants to take this game.

NewGuy said:
You mean I have to do a quest to gain more levels?!
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-07-26 02:22:31  
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Ok, so a week ago my LS went into abyssea to exp, and while we were in there we noticed that there was a few people from lv30-60 in there. A 35 BRD, 43 NIN, and some other jobs. About a 3 hours later, the bard was a level 55, NIN a level 58. O_o. So I'm guessing that they were in a party with a bunch of other level 75+'s and just leeching off of them from exp from the chests? Idk if their exp would be gimped because they're a lower level, or if it would be the same. Would it gimp the higher level's exp? Discuss O-o
I know from my end, I went in with my BLU65/DNC32 in order to leech. I can tell you right off that exp is incredibly slow to start, and takes a long while to get anywhere. The party wasn't that great, a lot of slashing DDs on bats, not a single piercing damage. In for about 2 hours, was getting about 110~ per kill. If it was a faster slaughterfest? Might be viable. If the leech isn't useless (BLU/DNC I was curing in place of a WHM with Magic Fruit, Curing Waltz and Healing Breath) then I would say go for it.

As for skills being gimped, if the skill is already leveled, you're not missing much. If it ISN'T leveled, and you have decent gear, I was able to hit the mobs at 65, lots of accuracy, capped out Sword skill for my level, so you CAN get your deficiencies hammered out before leaving. BLU Magic Skill was actually very easy to cap out using Frightful Roar and Ice Break (Use for Auto-refresh also)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-26 03:07:38  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Granted, this is 2010, there are hardly any real "new" players these days, and most will get filtered out by LB1. The patience for that alone will test the will of how seriously someone wants to take this game.

NewGuy said:

i don't think so. with the addition of abessea, i think that that rl freind that you get into the game will be a lot less likely to get "filtered out" as you put it, when he can get to 80-99 and start doing stuff with you in a matter of days or weeks instead of a matter of months

abessea or not, i don't see how limit break one is going to filter many people out these days. i'd imagine most people who start the game at this point are brought in by rl freinds and have help with stuff like LB and AF quests
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-07-26 03:13:09  
It really does not make a crap, if people want to level low level jobs and gimp down an alliance, who cares. But, it sure as hell wont be in my alliance. If they get all their jobs from low level to high level via Abyssea - the way i see it - you can only efficiently gear a handful (maybe 4 or 5 high-level on an above average level w/o running low on inventory space) So, hey, if they wanna waste their time leveling tons of jobs - more power to them. Good luck gearing them all at 99 and not being gimp.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 03:22:58  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

NewGuy said:

i don't think so. with the addition of abessea, i think that that rl freind that you get into the game will be a lot less likely to get "filtered out" as you put it, when he can get to 80-99 and start doing stuff with you in a matter of days or weeks instead of a matter of months

abessea or not, i don't see how limit break one is going to filter many people out these days. i'd imagine most people who start the game at this point are brought in by rl freinds and have help with stuff like LB and AF quests

I wasn't speaking of Abyssea specifically, but rather a person who starts the game on their own accord from the very beginning without knowing others who can help/play with them. In other words: New players via fresh start.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-07-26 03:33:48  
I'm leaching to level sub jobs for DRG.

*** leveling WHM and BLU normally. Want them done and out of the way with as little trouble as possible.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 03:41:04  
Just wanted to point out that yeah, killing fodder mobs in traditional exp parties doesn't automatically make you great at your job, but if it's your first time playing/experiencing it, or any job in it's nature it certainly can help you prepare you in how to play it properly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cair
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cairthenn
By Cerberus.Cair 2010-07-26 03:51:04  
My Thief is Astral Burned from 12.
My White Mage is Astral Burned from 40.
My Scholar is Astral Burned from 37.
My Warrior is Astral Burned from 40.
My Samurai is Abyssea Burned from 70
My Monk is Abyssea Burned from 35.

I most likely know how to play every one of these jobs better than nearly everyone who regularly posts here. Get the *** out of that idiotic mindset.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 03:52:37  
Cerberus.Cair said:

I most likely know how to play every one of these jobs better than nearly everyone who regularly posts here. Get the *** out of that idiotic mindset.

I lol'd.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 04:02:43  
Just for you Cair
[+]
 Cerberus.Cair
By Cerberus.Cair 2010-07-26 04:04:45  
Fortunately, I am above and beyond such theories because I did not Astral Burn my intelligence to 80.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-26 04:07:41  
Cerberus.Cair said:
Fortunately, I am above and beyond such theories because I did not Astral Burn my intelligence to 80.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you delusions of grandeur at it's finest.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-26 04:12:56  
Cerberus.Cair said:

I most likely know how to play every one of these jobs better than nearly everyone who regularly posts here. .
Oh, you said nearly :p

Carry on!
[+]
 Cerberus.Cair
By Cerberus.Cair 2010-07-26 04:18:05  
Fenrir.Tool said:
Cerberus.Cair said:

Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-26 04:20:34  
Cerberus.Cair said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Cerberus.Cair said:

Cerberus.Cair said:

Cerberus.Cair said:

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7