Vision Of Abyssea Pre-release Sales Have Started!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Vision of Abyssea pre-release sales have started!
Vision of Abyssea pre-release sales have started!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Daus
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Daus
By Valefor.Daus 2010-06-08 12:09:04  
hmmm..Ill draw somebodies character for 10$ (thinking thats like 2$ an hour /cry) so I can buy the expansion...so long as you're not a galka.

8D
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-08 12:09:48  
Well, from my understanding, game developers do often take others ideas then modify them to suit their purposes. Would not be surprised if they got the H2H off this now that I have seen this screenshot.

Also, isn't Phantasy Star an SE product? >_> going to look. Nevermind, just realized it said SEGA in that pic.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 12:17:13  
Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Seriously, you people complaining about recycling material are just morons with no idea of the game creation processes.

Truth be told I really don't know *** about game creation. However, what's interesting to note is that there are games such as EverQuest which have no problem dumping a new expansion 1-2 times every year full of new content including zones, items, encounters, etc.

I assume that the number of total players for EverQuest is probably similar to that of Final Fantasy XI. Maybe even less. I can't imagine that Sony would go out of the way to purchase a bunch of new hardware (servers) for a game over ten years old. Yet they still pump out expansion after expansion, adding new content. They don't seem to be limited an any way. I don't agree with your theory.

I share the opinion with others that it's probably the PlayStation 2 which is limiting content. Maybe a bit of lazyness too. Who knows?

That's an interesting point, but I don't play EQ, I do know a friend, but when you run down the road of "A friend of a friend said this", You're full of ***, even if you tell the truth, so I won't bother. They're probably just as guilty of recycling ***as FFXI, it's just probably less apparent because everything looks like ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 12:58:47  
Either that or exceptionally easy to add new content because every model only uses under 100 polygons and they only have to test it on one system instead of 3.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-06-08 13:03:33  
Wooot gonna buy it :D
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 13:08:55  
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Either that or exceptionally easy to add new content because every model only uses under 100 polygons and they only have to test it on one system instead of 3.

Yah.

I also don't know what the provider side of the contract entails. They could have 'Officially' ended support for the game. Which means they're not obligated to make sure any new content works on the Older min Specs.

Topic officially derailed tho.

Unicorn.Ryuchan
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2010-06-08 16:38:57  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
So there's a Bow and a Gun, but not an instrument? Not even a harp this go around? ;~; Probably SE's way of telling us the Gjallarhorn is as good as it gets. :( Edit. Though I suppose if the Magian is required, you can't kill much with a harp. Still...
Just noticed that, but I think the reason for that is the weapons and weaponskills are probably linked, just like relic, semi like mythics (aftermaths) and the campaign weapons. As to what extent, we will have to wait and see.
Yeah, still makes me kind of sad... maybe the AFv3 (or whatever anyone wants to call it) will be pimping for Bard. You know, something better than Parry 12?
Would be interesting to see, I will be honest though I don't see AF3 coming out till December and being at least 90-99,heck I wouldn't be surprised if the whole set is level 99. I also think it will follow the AF format we have seen thus far, though it may get some way better stats this go around.

Delayed response (went to work, lol), but oh well. I don't doubt SE would make it all level 99 or 95-99, etc. But I'm hoping that they have a better concept of what each job really does in the game as opposed to what they made the job in mind to do years ago. It might be just my opinion, but I think the later jobs (SCH, DNC, COR etc.) have much better AF and AFv2 stats, partly because the jobs do what SE thought they'd do. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but I know what I'm trying to say! LOL. ^^;
[+]
 Asura.Kimiyo
サーバ: Asura
user: jetzabel
By Asura.Kimiyo 2010-06-08 16:52:30  
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 17:00:37  
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
Delayed response (went to work, lol), but oh well. I don't doubt SE would make it all level 99 or 95-99, etc. But I'm hoping that they have a better concept of what each job really does in the game as opposed to what they made the job in mind to do years ago. It might be just my opinion, but I think the later jobs (SCH, DNC, COR etc.) have much better AF and AFv2 stats, partly because the jobs do what SE thought they'd do. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but I know what I'm trying to say! LOL. ^^;
It's not just you, I've heard various people talk about this and have had conversations with others myself about it.
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Darkfire
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2010-06-08 17:12:04  
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
It's not just you, I've heard various people talk about this and have had conversations with others myself about it.

I think they've shown somewhat improvement overall, imo. I mean I remember leveling whm and thinking how amazing nobles+dryad staff are alone bc of the cure potency, and why dont we have more gear with that stat on it.

Cut to 2-3 years later and now we have roundel, AMK+ASA pieces, Fylgia torque, etc. At least it would seem like they have been attempting to move in the right direction.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 17:17:54  
Asura.Kimiyo said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

Yah.

I also don't know what the provider side of the contract entails. They could have 'Officially' ended support for the game. Which means they're not obligated to make sure any new content works on the Older min Specs.

Topic officially derailed tho.

Har Har. Looks like the smart arse ran out of smart things to say ;) I know quite a bit about development, I've only got a honours level degree in software development - that argument you had with jetz was a pile of pish. Hardware retraints have zero to do with why they don't add more 'new' areas! It's just because it takes time and effort and they'd rather just milk 11 with minimum time spent on it until 14 comes out. I was going to bring up the EQ example too, but someone beat me to it. I think your brain is the part that reached critical memory mass mate.

RL card on Forum is like the Joker card in Poker, it has no place.

If you for one second, say that memory limitation is not a key factor in content creation, you should have payed attention in your 'Honours' Class.
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-06-08 17:21:40  
Still cant believe SE make us pay for that stupid update /sigh
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2010-06-08 17:30:38  
Bismarck.Ankiseth said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:

I think they've shown somewhat improvement overall, imo. I mean I remember leveling whm and thinking how amazing nobles dryad staff are alone bc of the cure potency, and why dont we have more gear with that stat on it.

Cut to 2-3 years later and now we have roundel, AMK ASA pieces, Fylgia torque, etc. At least it would seem like they have been attempting to move in the right direction.

Oh, definitely. I think they're learning what people are actually using jobs to do, rather than what they made them with the intention of them doing. Some of their choice for stats on gear just makes you stop and go, "Wait, what?" But their improvements do have my hopes up for future gear. I just kind of wish BRD had gotten another instrument aside from Gjallarhorn (though from reading and such, it'd be a bit hard to work something in that doesn't actually deal damage).
 Sylph.Starstrukk
サーバ: Sylph
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-06-08 17:33:15  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I wonder though if Xarc will be brought in as well, seeing how that was where a major battle that also caused how Xarc looks now.

This is explained in Wings of the Goddess. <.<'
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-08 17:35:49  
Sylph.Starstrukk said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I wonder though if Xarc will be brought in as well, seeing how that was where a major battle that also caused how Xarc looks now.
This is explained in Wings of the Goddess. <.<'
I'm one of those not far into the missions, but I ment the zilart battle, if memory serves, (I forget some terms) The pre-tonberry's (Kulaa or something?) raided the Xarc crag and managed to disrupt it, which caused a huge explosion and changed Xarc into what it is in present.

I was meaning, what it looked before that with it's crag and all that.
 Sylph.Starstrukk
サーバ: Sylph
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-06-08 17:58:01  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I'm one of those not far into the missions, but I ment the zilart battle, if memory serves, (I forget some terms) The pre-tonberry's (Kulaa or something?) raided the Xarc crag and managed to disrupt it, which caused a huge explosion and changed Xarc into what it is in present.

I was meaning, what it looked before that with it's crag and all that.

Oh, well that was all in the Glacier. :P

Unrelated Spoilers: It's kind of obvious what Abyssea is judging by the Trailer/Latest WOTG Missions unless SE is nuts. Although I'm not sure why they're charging, seems like it's WOTG's Dyna/Limbus/Salvage...
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-08 18:00:06  
Sylph.Starstrukk said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I'm one of those not far into the missions, but I ment the zilart battle, if memory serves, (I forget some terms) The pre-tonberry's (Kulaa or something?) raided the Xarc crag and managed to disrupt it, which caused a huge explosion and changed Xarc into what it is in present. I was meaning, what it looked before that with it's crag and all that.
Oh, well that was all in the Glacier. :P Unrelated Spoilers: It's kind of obvious what Abyssea is judging by the Trailer/Latest WOTG Missions unless SE is nuts. Although I'm not sure why they're charging, seems like it's WOTG's Dyna/Limbus/Salvage...
Think I might know what you are at, but could you PM me anyhow I'm curious. Getting late and I've been up a long time now =(
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 18:10:03  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Still cant believe SE make us pay for that stupid update /sigh

No-one's forcing you :)
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Darkzombie
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Darkzombie 2010-06-08 18:10:21  
they also said in those areas are designed for 75 and beyond. Also they arent required an allicance. You just can form a party with 6 people and play in those areas.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-08 18:59:28  
77 {Bard} {Looking for Party} {Please invite me.} Mandragora {Burn}
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-09 03:16:12  
Hmm, if they're areas that you can only enter twice a week I'll be pissed, I was hoping for regular zones personally, I guess we'll see though, guess they could just be a new dynamis (especially if we're looking at new relic from them)
By Tristean 2010-06-09 08:55:03  
Walk of Echoes could be like that.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 09:09:31  
I wonder if they Empyrean weapons are rewards for the quest line, like the Augmented items from the past Add-ons. It doesn't seem likely that they'd add new "Relics" to an optional priced battle scenario content add-on.

The description on the weapon's page vaguely hints at something like that.

"...until they are taken up by the heroes who would arise to avert calamity from befalling the world."

So far, all we know about Abyssea's storyline is that some kind of mass-disaster (Comet Impact finally?!) happened. So, with liberal interpretation, it makes sense.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-09 09:13:55  
I'm hoping, and assuming that Walk of Echoes will be more like sky or sea. Unless these shadow la theine areas are "walk of echoes part I" as out-lined in the timeline, then we'll also be getting that. So, IF that's the case, and IF there is going to be a new dynamis style zone/event, I'd much rather it be the shadow la theine/tahrongi/konschtat and whatever else we might get.

Also, these old videos suggest to me that Walk of Echoes will be a proper fully fledged zone or two, especially because of the battle arena:

Asura.Rule
サーバ: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-09 09:14:50  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
I wonder if they Empyrean weapons are rewards for the quest line, like the Augmented items from the past Add-ons. It doesn't seem likely that they'd add new "Relics" to an optional priced battle scenario content add-on.

I just hope the stats are good enough that getting one of these won't be complete fail
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-09 09:17:18  
It might also be possible that Empyrean weapons will be upgrade lines via magian moogles but the conditions can only be fulfilled within the "x of Abyssea" content. Maybe this update is weapons, and the next two are AF3 armor sets? Oh ***, what if AF3 is Magian Moogle related, instead of "here is a piece of equipment with stats on it, hope you like" maybe it'll be "upgrade x into branching stat paths, final upgrade turns it into AF3 with your stat path."

Will be very interesting. I can't wait to see how everything turns out.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 09:17:36  
Asura.Rule said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

I just hope the stats are good enough that getting one of these won't be complete fail

Indeed. Since the OAT weapons can Give some of the Relics a run for their money, I'm hopeful that these have some potency to be great weapons as well. Will be interesting and quite the dilemma if you can only pick one, however. Redemption... Masamune... Farsha...
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-09 09:23:05  
We need a time machine already =( I'm all curious on what SE is planning with this.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-09 09:26:15  
WotG spoilers incoming:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

"...until they are taken up by the heroes who would arise to avert calamity from befalling the world."

So far, all we know about Abyssea's storyline is that some kind of mass-disaster (Comet Impact finally?!) happened. So, with liberal interpretation, it makes sense.
I'm a little confused with the WotG story-line to date. I mean, dynamis is supposed to be an alternate dimension where the beastmen won the crystal war, and the evil chick from WotG (which I suspect is an older Lilisette from a different future) comes from yet another alternate future, where she's trying to make the beastmen win the crystal war so that her future comes true... So like, is she just from dynamis, or is her reality somehow different? Is there yet another factor to the different dimensions/futures than simply the beastmen winning? In present day dynamis, did the beastmen win, but the comet not hit, while in evil chicks (forgot her name) present day (her alternate future from the past <_<) did both happen?

/head explodes
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 09:29:05  
Odin.Blazza said:
WotG spoilers incoming:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

I'm a little confused with the WotG story-line to date. I mean, dynamis is supposed to be an alternate dimension where the beastmen won the crystal war, and the evil chick from WotG (which I suspect is an older Lilisette from a different future) comes from yet another alternate future, where she's trying to make the beastmen win the crystal war so that her future comes true... So like, is she just from dynamis, or is her reality somehow different? Is there yet another factor to the different dimensions/futures than simply the beastmen winning? In present day dynamis, did the beastmen win, but the comet not hit, while in evil chicks (forgot her name) present day (her alternate future from the past <_<) did both happen?

/head explodes

Lillith is trying to prolong the Crystal war, not make the Beastmen Win. She thinks that Peace breeds stagnation.

And yah, I'm pretty sure Lillith is Lilisette, Portia is her Mother and The Elvaan dude with the *** up disease or whatever is her Dad.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7