Vision Of Abyssea Pre-release Sales Have Started!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Vision of Abyssea pre-release sales have started!
Vision of Abyssea pre-release sales have started!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-08 01:14:59  
Almace is nearly the exact model as Burtgang :( its like the same as Amanomurakumo and Futsuno Mitama (full dyna and Absolute Virtue drop GKs)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-08 01:23:40  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Almace is nearly the exact model as Burtgang :( its like the same as Amanomurakumo and Futsuno Mitama (full dyna and Absolute Virtue drop GKs)

except i bet almace will have more of a use than burtgang.
 Valefor.Ivaan
サーバ: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-06-08 01:26:25  
why does every new scythe get smaller and more puny looking. the color is cool but the size is dumb, i mean look at the friggen one handed sword lol
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-08 01:26:47  
I have to reserve my skepticism at releasing a new mode of endgame at the end of a dying game. Was the effort really worth the potential return for SE?

As far as I can tell it's just endgame and no missions like the previous add-ons, so I think I'll hold off on them until I know fully what they're about.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-08 01:27:33  
Burtgang is pretty damn sweet actually....
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-08 01:28:57  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Burtgang is pretty damn sweet actually....
Visually? Because there's much better and easier to get swords.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-06-08 01:30:34  
The lore behind the weapons on the Abyssea page reference Magian Moogles several times.

Very good chance its going to come from said Trials, probably a improvement of the "High DMG" upgrades (The PURE DAMAGE path with no augments other than DMG+).

Or the Magian weapons, regardless of path, will eventually all turn into those with their own seperate Augments/etc, basically same design, different path/augments. Like all the Elemental Upgrades.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-06-08 01:31:58  
Why does the bow instantly make me think of this?

Also it looks freaking sweet and I want one.

Polearm reminds me of something from Esclaflowne
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-08 01:35:31  
what beats Burtgang for straight tanking? i'm pretty curious (i'm no 75 pld....but those stats just scream "best in show" for straight up tanking)
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-06-08 01:38:44  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
what beats Burtgang for straight tanking? i'm pretty curious (i'm no 75 pld....but those stats just scream "best in show" for straight up tanking)

What is "straight up" tanking? You mean /war tanking with your face? B/c I'm curious what you are tanking in that manner that a Sam wouldn't be doing a better job at.

Are you /nin and engaged? Excal kills it, even Joy does.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-08 01:38:50  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I can think of three off the top of my head. Joyeuse, Justice Sword, and Antea. If you're not allowed to melee for any reason, Burtgang has its uses, but then again so does Earth Staff and kiting. 90M+ and years of effort or a 20k staff, you decide which is easier to get.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-08 01:41:30  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

I have to agree. I'm no PLD but if I had a Burtgang and an Aegis I'd feel pretty secure even walking up to Fafnir and insinuating that I fornicated with his mother.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-08 01:43:07  
by straight tanking i meant engaged full time whether that be /war or /nin ...and like i said, i'm no pld..i wouldn't think ANY OaT sword would flat out annihilate its usage...forgive me peeps lol don't jump down my throat TOO quickly
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:44:42  
Can I ask a question just out of pure curiosity as I have no idea about the end game ins and outs of pld... The Burtgang seems to have nice stats, but everyone trash talks it. I'm wondering why. I'm not calling anyone up, I'm just really curious as to why it's so bad lol
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-08 01:46:18  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
by straight tanking i meant engaged full time whether that be /war or /nin ...and like i said, i'm no pld..i wouldn't think ANY OaT sword would flat out annihilate its usage...forgive me peeps lol don't jump down my throat TOO quickly
PLD works a lot differently now than it did in the past. /WAR is nearly nonexistant, outside of Dynamis. /NIN is where it's at. And knowing you have 6 shadows every 20 seconds or so, you really don't take all that many hits. And when you do get hit, it's only like one hit. So while it does sound good in theory, you're only reducing damage by 20 damage per minute or something of the sort. Joyeuse is better for every logical reason now, since Atonement is the key enmity tool that PLD has.

Again, we live in a world where a PLD will take Haubergeon+1 over Valhalla Breastplate, I can't see a single reason why Burtgang would win out for the majority over any OAT weapon.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-06-08 01:46:54  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

OAT swords are going to kill it simply b/c of attoment spam.

The enm/def boosts of Burtgang simply aren't going to keep up with the enm gained from the extra dmg of attoment.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-08 01:48:47  
right right..i forgot about atonement....my bad...btw how the *** are you getting 20s Ni AND ichi recasts on pld? lol anything short of whm/rdm haste + brd + god knows what else lol....
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-08 01:49:47  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
right right..i forgot about atonement....my bad...btw how the *** are you getting 20s Ni AND ichi recasts on pld? lol anything short of whm/rdm haste brd god knows what else lol....
15 second recast on Ichi, 23 on Ni, I did some averaging and actually rounded UP. You should always have a BRD and RDM in the party with a tank anyway. Only need 5% Haste gear to cap recast if you have Haste and double March.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-08 01:50:32  
you can get 50% haste on pld? thats some pretty serious ***there..i didn't even know you could hit the haste cap on pld in gear..

though i suppose its not THAT hard with dusk/homam pieces...still to hit 50% you have to have Brd + whm/rdm hasting (maybe even a brd with capped skill merits and capped skill+ gear idk exact cap on marches)....anyways i'm done derailing main thread...yes new Abyssea stuff looks awesome..I'm definitely gonna do my best to get that Masamune :)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-08 02:19:38  
not talking about 50% haste in just gear specifically, but do remember pld gets access to some fast cast equip also. (ACP body, loqacious earring, homam panties)

stack all that + haste gear(21% haste) + haste spell(15% haste) + single march = 23second flash/ utsu ni recast lol.

but yea.. good paladins generally can keep shadows up, and the only time they DO take dmg is generally TP moves from said mob, which alot are magic based (psy-10% dmg wont do nothing there), then theres the enmity+10, which is very nice at first. but once a paladin caps enmity it pretty much stays at cap unless they literally just stand there and take damage lol. (exaggeration just a tad) but yea, you get the point lol.

edit*

can i has masamune?

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 02:20:51  
Is the Burtgang worth using if you're /war?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-08 02:25:20  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I think plds only /war in dyna anymore these days, (if even that)
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-08 02:27:35  
I theorize that the "Empyreal Weapons" will "Awaken" once people take their completed (Max Dmg making the most sense) Magian Weapon into Abyssea.

From there I think the player will be able to do a "2nd Tier" of upgrades on the Awakened Max Dmg weapon and add a elemental path bonus' to it.

I also think that SE will allow a Elemental Path weapon's "2nd Tier" to be the Max Dmg path.

So they will all lead to the same potential.

Max Dmg + Elemental Bonus

or Occ.Att.Twice + Elemental Bonus

Just how I feel the system would work.

Could be completely wrong:p
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 02:27:44  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I think plds only /war in dyna anymore these days, (if even that)

Ah, fair enough. I've been trying to explain to a friend that the Burtgang is generally seen as a lol weapon, but seeing as I don't know anything about pld I can't really explain further than that. I was meaning to make a topic asking why it was so lol.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-08 02:30:06  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

yes, even /rdm its a great sword, but hauteclaire is far easier to get, and does almost about the same thing lol.

in the case of using a terror build, as stated above earth staff does -20phys dmg. so what it comes down to, are you willing to spend 80m+ and 1yr+ of dedication to get a sword that does about the same job as a hauteclaire lol. im not saying the sword is bad by all means, its just not worth the effect to get compared to whats already out there. (ie; spend 80m on excalibur)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 02:32:01  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

yes, even /rdm its a great sword, but hauteclaire is far easier to get, and does almost about the same thing lol.

in the case of using a terror build, as stated above earth staff does -20phys dmg. so what it comes down to, are you willing to spend 80m and 1yr of dedication to get a sword that does about the same job as a hauteclaire lol. im not saying the sword is bad by all means, its just not worth the effect to get compared to whats already out there. (ie; spend 80m on excalibur)

I've heard the Hauteclaire is incredibly situational too (but I assume that's due to /nin being superior in nearly all situations)

Is the Excalibur a good sword then? Would you use it over OAT weps?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-08 02:36:18  
Excal > OAT weps cause of it's additional effect.

Pld isn't even the optimal tank in most situations today. Anything that is strong enough to warrant using hauct or Burt, rdm is going to be a better tank.

Anything you generally go for your attonement spam, a DD will be a better tank (will take more dmg but not to the point where the tanking can't be done, and will deal a lot more dmg than the pld so helps the fight move along faster)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-08 02:37:26  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I thought it was a regular sword?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-08 02:39:15  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Excal > OAT weps cause of it's additional effect.

Pld isn't even the optimal tank in most situations today. Anything that is strong enough to warrant using hauct or Burt, rdm is going to be a better tank.

Anything you generally go for your attonement spam, a DD will be a better tank (will take more dmg but not to the point where the tanking can't be done, and will deal a lot more dmg than the pld so helps the fight move along faster)

pretty much this ^,

now to get the thread back on track...

hope u guys like my 2min MS paint job =D (i dont have photoshop installed on this pc)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7