Vision Of Abyssea Pre-release Sales Have Started!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Vision of Abyssea pre-release sales have started!
Vision of Abyssea pre-release sales have started!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 07:55:54  
Fenrir.Campori said:
Wow nother recycled piece of ***addon
Lazy Development team just changed few mobnames again and the color and there u go: New mobs for ya....

Instead of introducing new areas, they just take the old ones like La Theine Plateu and make them to to a zone in the past.

Just changing areas names and mobnames and tweaking the color of them for nother 10 $

issn't that great... ?

I really don't understand why ppl are so amazed about that ?!
This is obviously not the game for you, you might try this instead.

edit: I'm a humongous ***, please rip my eyes out.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 07:56:02  
I'm just hoping those aren't Gil-centric relics. Evolved forms of the OAT Magian Weapons(Including the non DMG++ since IMO I think that path is harder) or just brand-new weapons that don't force RMT to flourish. (Notpossibleamirite?! /sh Title: Gorgonstone Sunderer 20,000,000 can I has on payday?! PRZ!)
 Fenrir.Elytonas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-06-08 07:56:16  
I laughed my *** off when I saw the Mandragora and the Malboro...
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 07:58:48  
Fenrir.Campori said:
Lazy Development team just changed few mobnames again and the color and there u go: New mobs for ya....

Instead of introducing new areas, they just take the old ones like La Theine Plateu and make them to to a zone in the past.

Just changing areas names and mobnames and tweaking the color of them for nother 10 $

issn't that great... ?

Asura.Calatilla said:
SE don`t do "new", they just redo the paintwork, same with the "new" weapon skills, they`re just slightly different from the original weapon skills
Eirinne said:
Fenrir.Campori said:

issn't that great... ?

Im not. Its sad.

Optional content is optional. Don't buy it.
By Eirinne 2010-06-08 07:58:59  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
I'm just hoping those aren't Gil-centric relics. Evolved forms of the OAT Magian Weapons(Including the non DMG since IMO I think that path is harder) or just brand-new weapons that don't force RMT to flourish. (Notpossibleamirite?! /sh Title: Gorgonstone Sunderer 20,000,000 can I has on payday?! PRZ!)
or require a year of your life to obtain.
 Fenrir.Campori
user: Campori
By Fenrir.Campori 2010-06-08 07:59:14  
why it's not the game for me? I enjoy playing ffxi im just disappointed about the new addon.. Weaponskills still have same animations just a different "effect".. All the repainted ***is just pissing me off thats all
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-06-08 08:03:53  
Optional content or not, its still a new paint job, SE are just getting lazy, or maybe they just ran out of ideas idk
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 08:07:35  
Fenrir.Campori said:
why it's not the game for me? I enjoy playing ffxi im just disappointed about the new addon.. Weaponskills still have same animations just a different "effect".. All the repainted ***is just pissing me off thats all
sorry I assumed you were generic angry complaining *** number 3,246. "Stupid pie bakers are so lazy, I come in to eat new pie and it's just the same pie from yesterday but with a different topping."

This content is optional. This content does have new mobs and it does have reskins. Look at almost every expansion and the same can be said. Reskin Malboro? It's been done in RoTZ and ToAU. You can call them lazy but this is also probably a nice cliche to add those zones to the past. Even XIV isn't immune to reskins, why look at all these color options available.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 08:13:29  
New content:

They probably also have their hands full with porting AF3 to all races along with designing content for Walk of Echoes, while adding new Synergy/Synthesis recipes and job adjustments in the same update.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2010-06-08 08:25:28  
So there's a Bow and a Gun, but not an instrument? Not even a harp this go around? ;~; Probably SE's way of telling us the Gjallarhorn is as good as it gets. :(

Edit. Though I suppose if the Magian is required, you can't kill much with a harp. Still...
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-08 08:27:49  
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
So there's a Bow and a Gun, but not an instrument? Not even a harp this go around? ;~; Probably SE's way of telling us the Gjallarhorn is as good as it gets. :( Edit. Though I suppose if the Magian is required, you can't kill much with a harp. Still...
Just noticed that, but I think the reason for that is the weapons and weaponskills are probably linked, just like relic, semi like mythics (aftermaths) and the campaign weapons. As to what extent, we will have to wait and see.
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2010-06-08 08:31:37  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
So there's a Bow and a Gun, but not an instrument? Not even a harp this go around? ;~; Probably SE's way of telling us the Gjallarhorn is as good as it gets. :( Edit. Though I suppose if the Magian is required, you can't kill much with a harp. Still...
Just noticed that, but I think the reason for that is the weapons and weaponskills are probably linked, just like relic, semi like mythics (aftermaths) and the campaign weapons. As to what extent, we will have to wait and see.

Yeah, still makes me kind of sad... maybe the AFv3 (or whatever anyone wants to call it) will be pimping for Bard. You know, something better than Parry+12?
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 08:34:19  
@Jetzabel
Nah, it's more likely that I came into the thread angry at something else and was releasing my anger on the guy. Sorry. At any rate these are add ons, not expansions. If XI still has a high subscriber rate after these set of three and XIV launches, we might get a "full fledged" expansion then I would assume. Maybe Tenzen's homeland?!
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-08 08:36:42  
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Unicorn.Ryuchan said:
Yeah, still makes me kind of sad... maybe the AFv3 (or whatever anyone wants to call it) will be pimping for Bard. You know, something better than Parry 12?
Would be interesting to see, I will be honest though I don't see AF3 coming out till December and being at least 90-99,heck I wouldn't be surprised if the whole set is level 99. I also think it will follow the AF format we have seen thus far, though it may get some way better stats this go around.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-08 08:42:39  
My question would be who's the gimp DRG that's been carrying around the cermet lance long enough where this model is so familiar to them?
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 08:42:58  
@Jetzabel
Yes I understand and np. XI's dev team is probably in the same boat though. Why make a full fledged expansion if over half your subscribers walk away when XIV comes out? It's the nature of successful MMOs to have content added to them on a regular basis, we'll just have to wait it out and see. I plan on playing XI and XIV and switching between them as content is released. XIV as a vanilla MMO, I don't expect it to have a well established end game or a huge chunk of content like XI does, so we'll see.

For those on the fence about XIV, you might wait a year or two and see if it's still thriving. That way a decent amount of bug fixes, content and balancing should be out of the way.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 08:44:03  
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
My question would be who's the gimp DRG that's been carrying around the cermet lance long enough where this model is so familiar to them?
lol, yeah I never see the cermet or that other lance in game, shame since the flame version gives 99 DMG on fires day iirc. But I'm very familiar with both model viewers.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-08 08:46:10  
MINI-expansions people, mini. WotG did have new areas, and is still getting them. Yes, the majority of them are reskins of present areas, but it also has it's own areas (and mobs), and is where we're getting Walk of Echos from.

I dunno, apparently I'm one of the few people that don't have an issue with a re-skin, and it's not just because of laziness that they do it. To me, a reskin is almost as good as a whole new area. I actually really enjoy seeing where the differences are, seeing whether I can still get to the same places, and more importantly, seeing what mobs are where.

The novelty of a new zone wears off pretty fast, regardless of whether it's a reskin or not, UNLESS there's content to keep you there. I mean seriously, how often do any of you go to La Theine anyway? Porting there and then choco-ing to Davoi or Sandy, or running around the crag to sea or sky doesn't really count.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 08:56:42  
Seriously, you people complaining about recycling material are just morons with no idea of the game creation processes.

Every game recycles assets when it can, be that Animation, bodies, Animation skeletons, Textures and models, if you've ever been part of a modding community, you'd know.

The issue is just significantly more profound because SE is working on hardware nearly a decade old, but there is no such thing as "Oh, it'd be easy to just:" when it comes to game development.

Memory is the primary bottleneck of game content creation. The developers have the issue of having to make sure their content works on the absolute minimum they've sanctioned. Any one who makes a mod and says "Look how easy it is lolz" lacks even a tenth of the whole picture.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-08 09:01:00  
why is everyone so concerned with having more useless area to walk on? Long as the activity is entertaining and rewarding,
is that not the main point of an expansion? hell they adding a bunch of other stuff along with a few new skins, and considering the age of this game i think its a decent job on adding new stuff this year around.

All in all, if they keep decent rewards along with gameplay that is NOT lame(like slaughtering lv 20? mobs for key items)along with decent NON-random-as-*** rewards i think its more then worth missing 1 day of not ordering a pizza.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-08 09:04:08  
Just bought it, don't let me down SE... (lol) :x
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 09:08:38  
Not to mention these are past areas. Probably a few changes to the zone, the zones tinting/lighting, that "Wings of the Goddess" color saturation. Along with the music track I think it sounds decent. I hope whatever it is, it's instanced. I'm excited.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 09:16:06  
How come nobody complained when Dynamis was introduced, that's not even a reskin, it's just Weather Change and mobs...

Abyssea seems like it's going to be the next tier of Dynamis, with the level cap climbing up, it makes sense.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 09:19:54  
I always imagined game developers as people that would hate what they do. Never playing video games, the rich ones would instead pass their free time testing out various luxury boats. The poorer ones would pass their time experimenting with LSD.
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-08 09:20:59  
wait til Walk of Echoes is just Dynamis in say,... LA theine, konchtat and tahronghi canyon against light based mobs instead of dark! lol
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-08 09:21:36  
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Seriously, you people complaining about recycling material are just morons with no idea of the game creation processes.

Every game recycles assets when it can, be that Animation, bodies, Animation skeletons, Textures and models, if you've ever been part of a modding community, you'd know.

The issue is just significantly more profound because SE is working on hardware nearly a decade old, but there is no such thing as "Oh, it'd be easy to just:" when it comes to game development.

Memory is the primary bottleneck of game content creation. The developers have the issue of having to make sure their content works on the absolute minimum they've sanctioned. Any one who makes a mod and says "Look how easy it is lolz" lacks even a tenth of the whole picture.

Wasn't a problem when they made ToAU. Your point is invalid and you managed to generalise quite a lot of people. I could be a games developer myself for all you know lol. We all know the reasons why they won't make completely new areas - doesn't mean we have to not voice complaints about it. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

You're obviously not, since you clearly lack the frame of reference to support the claim.

Comparing an expansion that came out 4 years ago, to content being released now is pretty stupid. They've added a lot more. Every item, every raid zone, every new animation, every new spell. It all takes up memory, and it all adds up, eventually reaching a critical mass where you can no longer afford 10 new zones at once.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7