8% Movement Speed Is It Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » 8% movement speed is it worth it?
8% movement speed is it worth it?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-30 10:55:51  
Kujata.Argettio said:
@ Ramuh.Dasva And that's why Magic crits and magic crit damage sucks. Always has, always well (unless they change something).
It wouldn't suck if the that augment actually did what it said lol. Well at this rate the +crit hit dmg on these new peices is probably gunna be like another 1 MAB
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-11-30 11:01:36  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
ARE YOU DEAF? READ ALL MY POSTS TO YOU. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOUY HAVE TO SAY. I KNOW MORE THAN YOU DO MY ADVICE IS FOR YOU NOT TO RESPOND TO ME.
Deaf? What? I'm reading ***. Know more than me? You just asked me if I was deaf when all I can do on here is read. All I can say is that I can't hear your screams from here... scream louder please!

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
atm you are really starting to piss me off, you do not want to see me really pissed off. You think I am pissed when I mess around on the forums no..... YOU are pushing it.
E-thug moar! Seriously if you're letting posters get to you this much take a valium...

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
I understand all I know, you do not know ***about me so *** off. again I have been playing 6 years not my first account either. I have used my cousin blm I know the fundamentals retard. Leave me alone.
So what I get is that it's all relative... are you from West Virginia? Arkansaw maybe? What did you use your cousin for? Seriously bro, we don't care to know a thing about who or what you are IRL. The only thing we care about is the fail advice you're giving a fellow BLM.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowfox
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowfox 2009-11-30 11:09:04  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Titox
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-11-30 11:14:06  
Kujata.Argettio said:
Any movement speed item makes the difference between be caught and escaping alive.

^ that
It save you a few mil and especially when you are in kiting duty as BLM and PDT-% always welcome when kiting...is one of the best kiting pants for blm in my opinion

If you want to make it for nuking....you can read or/and ask around the forum for more info ^^ i cannot give advice/help on that =<
 Kujata.Shaye
サーバ: Kujata
user: bunts19
By Kujata.Shaye 2009-11-30 11:33:48  
I am getting the mab+ 4, macc+ 4 augments on this. They are slightly better than mahatma's but worse than morrigans. I'm all about the free gear lol. Your best defense is a great offense. If the mob is dead before it even gets to you, then there is no need to kite lol. (Only in some situations XD)
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-11-30 11:50:25  
And if it isn't dead before it gets to you, then you need to get the fsck away ^^

Personally, I play more defensively on BLM than offensively. I try to make sure I at least have MP for Stun + Sleep/Bind after a nuke (or just one of them when ES is up).

Typically, it isn't a problem, but I've been saved so many times thanks to my PDT-/Idle set that I wouldn't leave it behind for anything.

As people have said,

***hits the fan, and when you're soloing, you have to make up the fix.

A little Movement Speed+ and more PDT- than the previous highest (as far as I know), Goliard Trews, makes a +8% / PDT-4% setup really shine, especially for BLM's that do a lot of kiting (even in large group event's like Dynamis).

Speed+ can be the difference between staying alive, and being useful a few seconds later, or being down for the count for 5min or more.

8% can keep you at a safe distance on mobs, or put you in front of mobs that have no natural Move Speed+.

As other people have said, Herald's Gaiters can make BLM extremely overpowered, so why not get one step lower (but still just as good).

Think about it like this: Haubergeon +1 is pretty much the best piece of TP body gear a SAM is going to get before 75 (and in the case of many SAM, the best at 75), does that mean you shouldn't get a Haubergeon until you can get a +1?

Why wait to get +1 if you can get a perfectly acceptable substitute for a much lower cost!

Personally, I like to think that PDT- and Move+8% will be an asset to my BLM's capabilities.. Now I just need to actually get them >_>
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-30 12:01:41  
Well I think the point here is you can get one of the best nuking pants out of this too. Probably the best you will have a chance of getting/seeing for AM2/aga3 unless someone on your server is making cursed trews often enough that they actually HQ it lol. Or somehow you get 2MAB on mahat pants. And some people don't do much where the movement speed will matter much.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-30 12:20:39  
Well I'd take the 8% speed if that's just to use an auggie that you don't need.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-11-30 12:22:35  
lmao
okokok

if it is just for running around, or can get better <blm-brd> legs, or situational, sure why not?

Is there even a cap on movement speed?
and lets not forget, 8% movement might not be much, but also stack bard songs and ZOOOOOOOOOOOM

totally sidetracking.....
Ever seen a Mandragora on crack?
Sprinter Shoes + Hermes + Mandragora Belt (for costume) + Pitchfork+1
(and if i had W.Legs and a brd to sing for me....)
btw, talking about my cor, thats one speedy mandy lol
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-30 12:28:12  
Bismarck.Misao said:
Sprinter Shoes + Hermes + Mandragora Belt (for costume) + Pitchfork+1
(and if i had W.Legs and a brd to sing for me....)
btw, talking about my cor, thats one speedy mandy lol
You would only get 12%+Sprinter's and any songs.

Movement speed + gear doesn't stack.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-30 12:34:41  
Also, Raptor and Chocobo Mazurka don't stack. You only get the effect from one song which, if you stack them for some reason, would be Chocobo Mazurka.

Edit: And yes, stacking Chocobo Mazurka with the 8% from the ASA pants is really nice for getting around town or other outdoor areas where I wouldn't normally be engaging anything.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-11-30 13:28:08  
Gogogo Movement speed, I think its awesome for Blm for many different reasons.

Now I didn't read all 5 pages of this topic but I got the jist of it by page 2 (stan you're wrong..sorry dude). If your going to use these add on legs I think the 2 best Options are..

1) -4% PDT + 8% Movement
2) Macc4 Mab4

Anything else is just kinda bleh and not worth it(speaking IMO about BLM options)..and to me its not worth it to get some pants with 1~2 damage more from pants that I already own. So why get something that is just barely better..or get an item that has movement+, the only other item close to this is HGaiters, which what 95% of blm won't ever see.

To me its a no brainer but then again I can only speak for myself..in the end get what you think will best for how you play.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-30 13:36:09  
It's ok for an average/casual BLM who will never own gaiters. Otherwise no, it's just wasting an augment slot for something subpar. Granted +8% can be a good thing. But that's only if you play your blm to a level where +movement speed is "needed".

I personally went with -4% PDT and +10% damage on MB because I have gaiters.

But I'm sorry, the kind of BLM who worry about 4% PDT and all should just own a pair of gaiters.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-11-30 13:45:52  
Currently for the DD jobs I do play I have Homam or Byakko's Haidate. I don't have any Ranged Attacking jobs or any Pet Jobs at 75...so that narrows my choice for these legs down to RDM or BLM. I don't plan to really solo on RDM at all and I play BLM much more often, so again that narrows my choice down to BLM. I got the Nuevo and Galea so the only MCrit piece I have on BLM right now is the Witch Sash. So is it really worth it to increase my damage on 1 out every 50 nukes? Hell no...that's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. One of my thoughts was making a Magic Burst only swap with MAB+4 and MB Dmg +10%, but I barely do anything that needs an MB set up so that doesn't seem practical. MAB+4 and MAcc+4 is the best choice for constant dmg and would beat MAB+4 and MCRITDmg +10% in total damage over the course of 50 nukes no problem (A few more resists without the MAcc+4). But My INT is already a bit lower than other BLMs and I really would like to keep that 8INT for my nukes. So, after all that my best choice for those legs is M.Speed+8% and -4% PDT (idle in these + Earth Staff) since I will NEVER get Heralds.
 Quetzalcoatl.Thalos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Thalos 2009-11-30 14:07:18  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
It's lupus

LOL AWESOME!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-30 14:20:32  
Antipika said:
But I'm sorry, the kind of BLM who worry about 4% PDT and all should just own a pair of gaiters.
lolwut? Some of us don't have 10M+ in gil we can put towards running 4% faster and we don't camp Tiamat.
 Carbuncle.Gilster
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Gilster
By Carbuncle.Gilster 2009-11-30 14:27:51  
If ur BLM Solo's Alot then i would go w/Mov speed+8 i did and i rly like it, its the diff between Dieing Or Living (Solo Wise)
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-11-30 14:30:56  
Aren't there some cases where move gear DOES stack? I thought someone told me that there was a case where they did, but I'm pretty sure that's not right ...

Per the discussion, would this 8% stack with, say, herald's? Does crimson stack with skadi's? Are there any cases on any jobs where multiple equipment pieces stack?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-30 14:33:52  
They don't stack with Gaiters, WLegs don't stack with Hermes/Skadi. Only case of gear stacking is I think the nation bodies stack with other gear. Other than that, the strongest magical and the strongest gear effect you have on at the time will be added together for your total effect.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-30 14:40:35  
Garuda.Antipika said:
It's ok for an average/casual BLM who will never own gaiters. Otherwise no, it's just wasting an augment slot for something subpar. Granted +8% can be a good thing. But that's only if you play your blm to a level where +movement speed is "needed".

We agree on a lot of stuff but this is something I'll have to disagree with. I play BLM a lot. I'm on it 90% of the time. But I have a lot of other jobs. I do not consider myself an average nor casual BLM. I'll never fork out the 15m or however much it is for gaiters. -4PDT and +8% movement is just fine for me had I gotten these for BLM. If I ever get homam legs I'll drop the pair I got for PLD and switch these for the BLM version with those stats.
 Ramuh.Lucried
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2009-11-30 14:46:39  
the only exeception from GEAR. i think is sprinter shoes enchantment +any other movement + gear.

so i couldnt take my crimson legs and trotters and get 24% movement speed (as freakin awsome as that would be) however i could use enchantment from sprinters and have it stack with crimson legs or trotter boots for 24% (at least i think enchantment is for 12%).
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-30 15:08:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Garuda.Antipika said:
lolwut? Some of us don't have 10M+ in gil we can put towards running 4% faster and we don't camp Tiamat.

Agreed. The barriers to entry for movement speed+ gear and a PDT/Refresh idle gearset aren't even comparable.

On my server, an entry-level PDT/Refresh Idle gearset for BLM will run you 50k:

Earth Staff: 10k
Black Cloak: 40k

If you have the patience to check the AH daily for a few weeks, you can add a Sorcerer's Earring to that Idle gearset for the steep price of 20k and cap your PDT when in red HP. Obviously, if someone's willing to spend some gil and kill some NMs, this PDT/Refresh Idle gearset can only get better.

Prior to the ASA pants, the barrier to entry for movement speed+ gear was:

Join an HNMLS and wait in line for a pair of Gaiters, or...
Spend well over 10mil on a pair of Gaiters in Rolanberry (last pair I saw in Rolanberry was listed for 16mil).

It's reasonable to assume that any BLM can make a quick trip to the AH, spend 50k, and put together a serviceable PDT/Refresh idle gearset. However, it's completely unrealistic to assume that everyone with BLM leveled has the time to join an HNMLS and get the drop from Tiamat or to stroll on over to their server's bazaar mules and spend 10+ million gil on gaiters.

I have no qualms with people who have gaiters and decided to make a pair of nuking pants. Even though the upgrade to nuking power is minor at best, it's still a perfectly reasonable choice. Since I, like many other people, can't obtain a pair of gaiters in a reasonable timeframe, I took advantage of what I consider the bigger upgrade: movement speed.

I don't regret this choice either. The movement/PDT ASA pants are a damn fine addition to my BRD's and BLM's idle gearset, and even though I've only had them for a few weeks, they've saved me from death a few times already. After only having them for a day, I totally understood why people were willing to pay so much for gaiters. It's absolutely worth it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-30 15:27:16  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Only case of gear stacking is I think the nation bodies stack with other gear.

Just for the record, they do not.

On topic, I'm strongly in the boat of do wtf you want with any of the new augmented items as you can redo the fights pretty easily.
Garuda.Antipika said:
Also, I don't understand this. If you're going to have a nuke item, shouldn't you have two nuke stats? You've merged a nuking piece with an idle piece and kind of make it meh at both.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-30 15:42:09  
Seriously any BLM who NEED (read me correctly, I'm saying NEED) movement speed + to ACHIEVE things is able to get the 10-12M needed to buy gaiters that's it.

There's a difference between "I run 8% faster it's cool" and "I wasn't able to solo correctly Kaiser Behe, now I can". You see my point ? The goal of movement speed+ is not to make you running faster at AH. The thing is, 99% of whats a BLM do can be done without movement speed, I perfectly know that. Since I have my gaiters the only thing I can do which I could do before is KB. Should be able to "easily" solo Ix'Mnk now and that's about it.
Quote:
Also, I don't understand this. If you're going to have a nuke item, shouldn't you have two nuke stats? You've merged a nuking piece with an idle piece and kind of make it meh at both.

How so meh at both ? Why would I use movement speed since I have gaiters ? What else should I pick for IDLE ? There's only PDT.

As for the +%MB one, it's because I kinda had no other choice, +10% on MB is still superior to any legs blm can wear. And no, it's not a "nuke" piece. It's a situational piece you only use on MB = once in a while.

choice are pretty limited if :

-You don't need nuke stats (full morrigan)
-You don't need movement speed (gaiters)

What remains is :

-PDT (only +1% vs goliard :/)
-MB+10%
-MB+10% + MaB+4%

Now my inventory, like everyone is limited to 80 slots, so either I choose MB+10% + MAB+4% but I would still need to use goliard for idle = waste of 1 inventory slot.

Either PDT + [something] and the only [something] which can be better than what I own at this time is MB+10%.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-11-30 15:46:58  
Its alright if you want to give your opinions.

But opinions don't hold much worth against actual facts. (especially when you don't know anything about the job in discussion)

Also when your opinions are completely wrong and get into the hands of a new player, he'll think that is true too. Which is why people have to correct you with facts.

~edit: correct math never lies

oh yeah the earth is flat and the universe revolves around us.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-30 15:51:22  
Antipika said:
Seriously any BLM who NEED (read me correctly, I'm saying NEED) movement speed + to ACHIEVE things is able to get the 10-12M needed to buy gaiters that's it.
Some people have more than one job, at which point it's a question of what you're choosing to spend on. If you can make more significant improvements with that gil, or even equivalent improvements on a preferred job, Gaiters go to the backburner.

I'm not saying this really applies to me, because in the end it probably doesn't. Without Enfeebling and INT merits, it's possible that the solos Gaiters enable are closed to me regardless. It's also possible it would be more convenient to attempt the solo on another job. But you're really not thinking this through as far as you probably should.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-30 15:54:14  
And ? How does that enable you to make more things with 8% speed ?
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-30 15:57:04  
Garuda.Antipika said:
There's a difference between "I run 8% faster it's cool" and "I wasn't able to solo correctly Kaiser Behe, now I can". You see my point ? The goal of movement speed+ is not to make you running faster at AH. The thing is, 99% of what's a BLM do can be done without movement speed, I perfectly know that. Since I have my gaiters the only thing I can do which I could do before is KB. Should be able to "easily" solo Ix'Mnk now and that's about it.
There are other situations where movement + can come in handy not just crazy stuff most people won't try. Most of the time in FFXI mobs move very dumb and wide around corners. This is normally to the players advantage for kiting stuff. There are few times where mobs do not path favorably and can catch up to you, this is where the movement speed comes in.

Example: Popping Fort from Hume tower and dragging it to the elevator room. There is LOTS of stuff for it to path around, yet it has still caught up to me on more than one occasion. Maybe I took a wrong turn, maybe I aggroed a ghrah and doing so it moved slightly in my path stopping me and I lose my head start, etc. There are so many different reasons. 8% movement would have saved me there.

The fact is, if you are moving faster than the enemy it can't catch you. Whether it is 8% or 12%.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-30 16:04:26  
Yeah sure, but in such case it shouldn't be a BLM who pop fort don't you think ? The issue is there... Ask someone who have movement speed +, lot of jobs have access to it now. (hermes are pretty cheap)

That's why I'm thinking :

In an alliance situation : you'll always have someone with +12% and less "fragile" than a BLM.

In almost all solo situation : movement+ is not mandatory to win.

In extreme solo situations : if you attempt these, then you might want gaiters.

I'm not saying that +8% is useless, for anyone who do not plan to get gaiters one day it's a good Ersatz.
 Remora.Ampelius
サーバ: Remora
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2009-11-30 16:20:54  
movment +8% haste +3% BRD/NIN merit puller.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7