8% Movement Speed Is It Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » 8% movement speed is it worth it?
8% movement speed is it worth it?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 10:14:50  
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
If you don't care what we do, why are you baiting us with lines like:

"If you need movement speed to be a good blm, you're pretty shitty."

If you don't care, leave the thread.

It's called an opinion, the OP asked for it, I supplied.

If you don't like it, TOUGH ***.

I agree, I meant what I stated as an opinion also. what if someone wants to sell M.slops?

or wants the legs because they know they can get them to work sooner or later?
 Siren.Pantmonkey
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2009-11-30 10:15:47  
Im not joining the detabe as i just cant be bothered to argue, but for those who are overlooking it: Heralds Gaiters cannot be equiped on BRD.

So even if just for BRD running about, Pulling etc you cant get any movement except these pants, and BLM gets 33% less movement from gaiters for free...

CC's Hermes, hey lets add sprinters shoes, he can rest to get swift shoes!? Why not even use NIN AF!? Flee boots? Own 100 of these? The suggestions of why these are no good due to other gear is just lol, give it a rest.

8movement, 4pdt ftw.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-30 10:15:59  
Let's all just relax, too much turkey withdraws atm.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-30 10:16:30  
Quit talking about other jobs. This discussion was for a player with both BLM and BRD jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-30 10:18:08  
I'm not in an HNMLS now, and it's likely that I'll never be in one. I could afford gaiters only if I took the couterproductive approach of selling the vast majority of my gear. Since I already have Mahatma Slops, I passed on the minor damage boost and took 8% movement speed and -4% PDT.

I *** love these pants!

I haven't really gotten into BLM soloing yet, but just in my day-to-day life on BLM, these pants have saved my *** several times. They make it much easier to recover from an ill-timed grav/bind/sleep resist. I don't have the time to dedicate to a full schedule of endgame events, but when I do get to do events like Limbus and Dynamis, I don't feel as fragile anymore. If/when things go south (as they sometimes do), I now have an easier time getting mobs under control and finishing them off when other mages/DDs are dead or out of MP. I haven't had the chance to use these pants on my BRD in merits, but I'm sure they'll be nice there as well.

Oh...and another thing...I no longer idle in the fantastically ugly Goliard pants. That's a major plus in of itself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 10:19:46  
well listen.
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-30 10:19:46  
@Stanflame M slops should never be sold not only are they cheap and easy to obtain but also they are a great stoneskin piece you will want to have at all times until you get morigans.

Also as Arg said they are the same/better95% of the time than anything but morigans and HS odin abj legs for nuking so there is no point to waste an augment on nuking legs.

Not to mention you can augment ur mahatmas and get lucky and get +MAB making them better than even morigans lol!

edited for readability
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 10:21:16  
you are telling me this because...? I been playing for 6 years you think I do not know this.

Point is if someone wants to sell it they can. you going to stop them..?

I have sold high ticket items my self PCC... as that loser said i was not gimp for having. and also my blau doch. Do you think I sold them for gil no.. I hardly use my thf in meripo or ever since the 2hander update. whats the point in keeping them?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-30 10:22:45  
Kujata.Argettio said:
The 4m.acc + 4mab option does beat mahatma slops, but not by much (worse than morrigans), certainly not enough to make it worth 'wasting' and expansion item on.
If you use the 2int~1MAB/1macc it is the same. Howerver depends on the nuke and dint and MAB/MDB. It is right between morrigans and valkryie. It can never be better than both no matter the nuke (with those augments) however it will always be better than or equal to 1 or the other. So using part of the magic dmg formula... to find when morrigan is as a good as these how much int 1 MAB is.

Ignoring crap like weather staff blah blah blah that will be same and multiplied later so wont matter the magic dmg equation is (V+(dint+10)M)*MAB.
So the how much int takes equals 1MAB will look like (V+(dint+xint)*M)*MAB= (V+(dint*M)*MAB+.01
MAB+.01=MAB2 for the algebra
(V+ (dint+xint)*M)*MAB=(V+ (dint)*M)*MAB2
(V+Mdint+Mxint)*MAB=(V+Mdint)*MAB2
(V+Mdint)MAB+M*MABxint=(V+Mdint)MAB2
M*MABxint=(V+Mdint)MAB2-(V+Mdint)MAB
M*MABxint=(MAB-MAB2)(V+Mdint)
xint=(MAB2-MAB)(V+Mdint)/(M*MAB)
xint=.01 (V/M+dint)/MAB
xint=(V/M+dint)/100MAB

on AM2 V=710 and M=2
on Blizz4 V=506 and M=2

Now just need player and mobs ints yay.
For me using my normal nuking set...

I have +28MAB (42 from jobtrait/merits) and +46 int. I have 84 base int as a blm/rdm 85 as a blm/sch. Lets just take 6 int off now since were playing with legs (but will get at least 2 from the expansion ones). Lets assume nuking in melon pies+1 or really any 5int food that gives nice HMP. So without external buffs or latents or day/weather effects etc I'd have 129int on ice spells and +70MAB. No Burn either.

Let's do puddings (89) and the generally 110 int HNM model.
So dints of 40 and 19.

AM2 pudding xint=(710/2+40)/100MAB=2.32
blizz4 pudding xint=(506/2+40)/100MAB=1.72
110int xint=(710/2+19)/100MAB=2.2
AM2 110int xint=(506/2+19)/100MAB=1.6

tl;dr So on pretty much anything your gunna nuke expansion better for AM2 morrigans for blizz4. Less MAB will make MAB effective compared to int and to a lesser extent less int will make int more effective compared to MAB. But it would take pretty much nekkid MAB to make expansion better on T4 and pretty decent negative dints to make morrigan better than expansion on AM2.

Kujata.Argettio said:
The m.crit damage +10% is pretty damn lol. It makes all magic crits = +20 mab (normally +10mab) which doesn't make any of the m.crit items worth while , other than witch sash.
Wait wheres it say it only adds another 10MAB? I mean the way it reads it should give an additional +10% dmg on magic crits. If it only is another 10MAB it is crap since even with full +15% magic crit that is effectively on average only +1.5 magic crit.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-30 10:23:37  
If you've never had movement speed you really don't know what you're missing. It's so much more than simply getting places sooner. Especially when you start soloing NMs you'll really notice the difference.

If you don't have movement speed, get it.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2009-11-30 10:23:48  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
you are telling me this because...? I been playing for 6 years you think I do not know this?

No ones sure if you know anything at this point.
Pretty sure it wouldn't be a surprise if people found out your shoes are Velcro.

(with that I'm done posting here)
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-30 10:23:57  
@stan I donno why you keep saying you been playing for 6 years man It really is irrelevant(btw I have been playing almost 7 years myself also irrelevant).

I know plenty of people that have been playing a long time and arent good or people that havent been playing long that show great promise.

Im telling you that because It sounds like you dont understand it

[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 10:24:42  
Math means ***to people thats what you guys are no getting. These guys and people here know math ok? they have the right to get what they want.

no one cares.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-30 10:27:01  
I think my IQ just went down reading that.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-30 10:27:39  
Odin.Blazza said:
If you've never had movement speed you really don't know what you're missing. It's so much more than simply getting places sooner. Especially when you start soloing NMs you'll really notice the difference. If you don't have movement speed, get it.

Quoted for emphasis.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-30 10:28:56  
No-one is denying people the right to get whatever augments they want, you can get pet acc and melee crit damage for your blm for all I care. But when you're trying to tell us that your blm friends who have been playing for 6 years know what they're on about and are getting 10% magic crit damage because it's better, then we'll tell you you're full of ***. Which we've done. Good night!
[+]
 Odin.Katoke
user: Katoke
By Odin.Katoke 2009-11-30 10:31:10  
Stopped reading after page two, but holy *** @ that Stanflame guy. Anyways, I'd have to say that any BLM who can't obtain gaiters, would be satisfied with the +8% movement speed from these. It isn't about what nuking damage z0mg will do, it's about having an alternate to the shitty legs this expansion gives to BLM in regards to nuking being easily comparable to something you can purchase off the auction house. No one is going to be nuking in these legs, but will help make solo'ing things (as previously noted in this thread) easier.

All in all, it's a $10 alternative to camping Tiamat, which can benefit anyone lacking the ability to get gaiters. /thread.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 10:31:19  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
@stan I donno why you keep saying you been playing for 6 years man It really is irrelevant(btw I have been playing almost 7 years myself also irrelevant).

I know plenty of people that have been playing a long time and arent good or people that havent been playing long that show great promise.

Im telling you that because It sounds like you dont understand it

ARE YOU DEAF? READ ALL MY POSTS TO YOU. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOUY HAVE TO SAY. I KNOW MORE THAN YOU DO MY ADVICE IS FOR YOU NOT TO RESPOND TO ME.

atm you are really starting to piss me off, you do not want to see me really pissed off. You think I am pissed when I mess around on the forums no..... YOU are pushing it.

I understand all I know, you do not know ***about me so *** off. again I have been playing 6+ years not my first account either. I have used my cousin blm I know the fundamentals retard. Leave me alone.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-30 10:34:34  
Don't know and don't want to know who's trying to push the MCRITD+ augment like it doesn't suck, so I'll just skip actually reading the thread =\

As for movement speed... Basically what Blazza said. You don't know what you're missing til you have it.

Dasva: http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84843

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like I got to find out after all. Stanflame's pulling the emo card again, *** yeah!
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-30 10:36:26  
@ Ramuh.Dasva

The magic crit bonus was discovered with some testing on BG.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-30 10:36:48  
You'd better listen to him Maxse, he'll come around to your house and beat you up.

On another note, I've run along-side people with 8% movement speed while I've been wearing 12%, and there's SUCH a small difference between the two. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some rounding in action and 12% is actually 11 while 8% is actually 9, the difference really is so small I doubt it would be noticeable as far as getting away from monsters is concerned.

By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2009-11-30 10:39:33  
1st of all thanks to everyone for responding and for stanflaming lol.

I planned on using these as just my standing set legs with -dmg and the movement speed, which i will still probly go thru with. I figured the magic crit dmg+ was a waste on brd and too situational for blm to be as useful as the move speed. Thanks again for the input/entertainment lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-30 10:40:09  
Odin.Blazza said:
No-one is denying people the right to get whatever augments they want, you can get pet acc and melee crit damage for your blm for all I care. But when you're trying to tell us that your blm friends who have been playing for 6 years know what they're on about and are getting 10% magic crit damage because it's better, then we'll tell you you're full of ***. Which we've done. Good night!
If you have gaiters it is. Though really unless your only fighting very resistant mobs like normal solo xp stuff or equivalent or only nuke on MB the macc is invaluable. Especially since getting full + chance to magic crit will mostly likely lower your int by 5 assuming your using bugard strap+1 and some kind of 6int head like demon helm+1 or MKE head with 6int(assuming you use witch sash anyways) that combine with the 6 less int then mahat pants represents a sizable (5.5-11) macc loss. And for you naysayers that say you should always have more than 10dint on the mob that might not happen if you gear this way nuking on harder targets lol.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-30 10:41:26  
Lol i donno what to say to that im kinda scared now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2009-11-30 10:41:31  
if theres anything that ive learned in this game its that "OH ***" moments are GOING to happen, its inevitable

movement speed is my cure

:]
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-30 10:45:15  
Kujata.Argettio said:
@ Ramuh.Dasva The magic crit bonus was discovered with some testing on BG.
Super gay. Seriously why say +10% when you mean +10MAB. Especailly when it's something your chosing over something else.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-30 10:46:49  
@ Ramuh.Dasva

And that's why Magic crits and magic crit damage sucks. Always has, always well (unless they change something).
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-30 10:47:17  
It's lupus
 Bismarck.Barrd
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-11-30 10:47:55  
Well all i can say it is that is good not to get bash every now and then lol and yes i look at all the post.

I'm a bard 75 and a blm that y i say +8 % movement speed and -dmg.

I lvl the jobs and know how hard it is.
 Ifrit.Jamesglogan
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Jamesglogan 2009-11-30 10:52:45  
Stan Not picking on you or anything but how do you know so much about what a BLM needs when yours is 19?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7