8% Movement Speed Is It Worth It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » 8% movement speed is it worth it?
8% movement speed is it worth it?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-30 09:27:32  
*** sake, Maxse beat me again!
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-30 09:27:35  
8% movement speed is not garbage for BLM just because you think it is. It allows you to solo ***BLMs without movement speed cant or solo things easier. You can outrun ***just like with heralds just takes 50% longer to outrun them per cast.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-30 09:27:40  
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
I gotta agree with flame (albeit he is makin himself look like the hugest *** right now) that the 8 speed for blm is utter garbage, I was considering it at one point but thought against it.

How is 8% bad? Yet less damage than an AH pair of legs is good?
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-30 09:28:44  
lol sorry woooooodlum im sorry about that bro.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nightcrew
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nightcrew
By Bahamut.Nightcrew 2009-11-30 09:29:29  
yeah, Hermes' Sandals are only like 1.2mil... but too bad only WAR/MNK/COR/PUP can use them, now the Herald's Gaiters that MNK/WHM/BLM/SMN/SCH can use are like 16mil, last i knew, that's kind of a lot
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-30 09:29:52  
I must leave and never come back. My feelings and my pride has been hurt. I shall retreat to the chicken heads of the projects. Pleasure knowing you all, for I have been defeated.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sifridus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-11-30 09:31:11  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
We got a regular Internet thug out here, best watch what we say to him before he busts a CAPS LOCK in our azzzz.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-30 09:36:07  
Argettio said:
The legs aren't good for nuking, and BLM that says it is are either a magic crit idiot or just and idiot.
Stanflame said:
8% is not worth it for blm they should be getting magic attak+4 and the 10% crit damage.

ding ding ding ding! We have an idiot!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-30 09:37:41  
Ok to be honest, I don't see how the 8% is really worth it for BLM, ok yea it gives movement speed but if you are a true BLM, you should be able to kill a mob without it.

We solo'd without them before, why do we need them now? Are you afraid to nuke, bind, gravity, etc. to kill a pudding or whatever it is?

I think there are better choices for BLM but it's up to the OP what he wants, if he doesn't like the pants, he can just do the mini-expansion again for new pants.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-30 09:41:41  
Quote:
Ok to be honest, I don't see how the 8% is really worth it for BLM, ok yea it gives movement speed but if you are a true BLM, you should be able to kill a mob without it.

We solo'd without them before, why do we need them now? Are you afraid to nuke, bind, gravity, etc. to kill a pudding or whatever it is?

I think there are better choices for BLM but it's up to the OP what he wants, if he doesn't like the pants, he can just do the mini-expansion again for new pants.

It allows you to solo things that you normally cant ie. things that are immune/highly resist to gravity and bind and sleep like Jailor of fortitude, Ix'mnk, Ix'drk etc...
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 09:42:14  
blazza come and tell me how I am a idiot?

When I have 2 well knowledgeable black mages who told me them selves they are getting 10% magic damage crit and magic attack +4 over speed. They calculate everything and love testing stuff. for their builds this set up is better in the long run.

If a blm gets those legs they will regret it. it's not worth it. If that blm whom is the OP has... rdm at 75 he can get c.c's. I even have c.c's abjuration and it was easy for me to get... I went 1/1. I also have an ls with an ok point system so no being screwed on cc's.

Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-30 09:43:35  
Anyone who says to get magic crit has thier head up thier ***.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-30 09:43:40  
I don't think it's so much a case of 8% movement for what a BLM already does. Having 8% movement opens up whole new possibilities in terms of NMs and stuff.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-30 09:45:10  
Are they as knowledgeable as the thf that told you eva skill > eva with absolutely 0 data to back up his words despite tests showing they are more or less the same?
[+]
 Bahamut.Nightcrew
user: Nightcrew
By Bahamut.Nightcrew 2009-11-30 09:45:19  
ssssssshhh Maxse, dont give SE more ideas how to gimp the game. soon they are gonna take Grav away and make Sleep only a 10sec duration.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-11-30 09:45:24  
BLM is not only about soloing Pudding... can never hurt to have faster movement on BLM if you need to kite stuff (what is not allways a pudding)
If he only has BRD and BLM... not that there is much better to get.

i will get the movement speed aswell on my pants and i have BRD and BLM aswell like OP. While all just talk about BLM, i will <3 the ONLY AVAILIBLE Movementspeed+ for BRD.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-30 09:46:20  
Damn the quote system, but @ Alyria

Sorry, the maths has been done, they legs are at best 1-2 damage increase over mahatma legs (assuming 4macc and 4 mab), but are often worse (due to how mab scales), I will say it for the 4th time in this thread, the legs in this expansion are NOT good for nuking.

The magic crit basically doubles the bonus you get from a crit, but this still doesnt make any of the magic crit items (other than witch sash) good enough to beat the other items in that slot.

Movement speed + isn't need to solo pudding, but there situations where movement speed can and will save your life. BLM soloing some limbus zones requires movement speed +

Gravity and bind both resist... no problem I can simple run away and never get hit (as long as I was out of melee range in the first place). Gaiters are considered one of the most powerful items in the game for BLM, yet for some reason people thing 66% of a pair of Gaiters is basically worthless.

Any movement speed item makes the difference between be caught and escaping alive.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 09:46:32  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Anyone who says to get magic crit has thier head up thier ***.

you do not know the mage I know he is a better mage than you will ever be and has been playing for 6+ years. alone with my cousin so lol to you!

8% movement speed... come on. no blm needs this :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-11-30 09:48:12  
btw @ Stanflame:

CC = Crimson Cruises.......? Did you realized by now that neither BLM nor BRD can wear those...?

BRD has NO Movemntspeed+ gear until now
BLM has Herald Gaiters which are 13-18M
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 09:49:50  
arregetio my cousin and friend have HQ slops also they have most the gear they know this. They would still get 10% crit and some other stat why? Math means ***about this it is a matter of what you like to use. everything is done with math >.> we know. But they will still got it and it's better than cough 8% movement speed.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 09:50:54  
Cerberus.Mindi said:
btw @ Stanflame:

CC = Crimson Cruises.......? Did you realized by now that neither BLM nor BRD can wear those...?

BRD has NO Movemntspeed gear until now
BLM has Herald Gaiters which are 13-18M

This is the reason I said c.x's if he had rdm at 75. blm did good with out those legs why need them now?
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-30 09:50:57  
No I don't know the mages you know.

I know the magic damage formulas.

I then sat down and made a spread sheet comparing the new legs to existing options for various dINT values and MAB levels against differing level mobs in the game and as I keep saying they do not convincingly beat AH legs and are no where near Morrigans.

Magic Crit is good for one thing... Epeen.

Crits DoT compared to other items is laughable.

Magic damage is easy to calculate, we can work it out to the nearest 1 damage no matter the situation, so with nuke more than anything else in the game... Maths is right, maths is god.

If you don't follow the maths you are wrong, I am sorry but it is that simple.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-30 09:51:52  
IF I had the IQ of a 12 yr old with down syndrome and I played this for 6 years would that make me as smart as your friends yet?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-30 09:53:11  
I see, well I guess it depends what the OP plans to do then. I have noticed alot of new blm's come out but haven't learned the ropes to doing alot of things to be a skilled blm. I guess for being a blm since '04, I just think that way.

I only helped with low man jailers in sea and never had movement speed. When I always see ppl say soloing on blm, i think of xp pt so my bad lol.

Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 09:53:52  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Are they as knowledgeable as the thf that told you eva skill > eva with absolutely 0 data to back up his words despite tests showing they are more or less the same?

eva skill is > evasion you are the stupid one. So If I go do what I said and get my info will you shut up? or feel stupid?

evasion skill is > evasion. has always been. Do not forget my job has the highest skill in the game, not going to listen to you.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-30 09:54:07  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
It allows you to solo things that you normally cant ie. things that are immune/highly resist to gravity and bind and sleep like Jailor of fortitude, Ix'mnk, Ix'drk etc...
Fortitude maybe, Ix'drk maybe... if you need gaiters or any movement speed for MNK you are doing it wrong.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-30 09:54:21  
Stan, that's enough.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 09:55:23  
in THE OP situation he can get 8% if he does not care about it like that. I think it is a waste... SE should never put that as a stat.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 09:56:18  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Stan, that's enough.

he started it I have to shove it in know it all's face's.

it's the same with other gear... I know for a fact evasion skill is better than evasion on gear. It just hurts my head when people act like they know ***and act like their word is LAW.

You know he does not act like that in real life he probably would get punched in the face. Probably belittled in real life so he has to act put himself above other's online since it is the only place it can. I know they type ^^.

Anyway I saw his post so I posted. I will just ignore this loser. I listened to what you said anyway.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-30 09:57:05  

Why does this image keep popping up when I see HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE arguments on a forum.... oh yeah that's right ... cause they are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Pretty much (All I can say since SOME people can't grasp common sense) is that if you want the 8% movement speed, go for it! Noone is stopping you, just know that you are missing out on better things.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7