First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Cthaeh
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-09-12 13:56:47  
Phoenix.Godofwars said: »
Afania said: »
bigboykoalas said: »
Hi Would someone tell me where I'm going wrong here in trying to get Metal A. Gone in RDM/NIN used Cherukiki, Ulmia, Jaochim,Koru-moru and cornelia. Pulled using Dia and applied it a couple of times throughout. I got the shard at the same time as the chest for killing 5 mobs then proceeded to kill a further dozen mobs without WS'ing but no further chests. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I highly doubt it's only "cast magic, kill without WS", there must be something else.

Tried to get both chest A3 and A4 today on rdm with enspell+tier V/IV nuke spam.

First went in with koru, Cornelia, yoran, star sibyl, kuyin. I'm fairly certain none of the trusts do offensive JA WS on mobs. Killed 3 no chest.

I gave up, run around did another objective. Came back retry with different trust by replacing yoran with kupofried, in case Yoran's Nott counts as WS too.

The chest A3 popped after 3 kills, but A4 didn't pop after 3 more kills.

Tried another trust like Brygid, did 3 more kills, no chest.

I enspelled on all the attempts, nuked all attempts. I can't figure out why #A3 popped after trust change but not #A4. If enspell *** up chests then I should never get A3. The only difference between these kills is trust combo and nuke/melee ratio being slightly different, since I nuke more often on some mobs than another.

I wouldn't be surprised if kill speed is another factor here again.

im sure if you look from page 1-59 there ITS ALOT of ppl telling you how to get and what they did same as you and didnt get a3/a4 again we flooding the page with same stuff here let me tell you auto-attack stop attacking at 10% let the mage nuke it to death and your done

Yeah, stop cluttering up the Sortie Info thread with questions and concerns about Sortie Info. Let's get back to Prime Weapons and discussions about how people are butthurt over earrings... Much more productive.
[+]
By Afania 2022-09-12 14:37:12  
im sure if you look from page 1-59 there ITS ALOT of ppl telling you how to get and what they did same as you and didnt get a3/a4 again we flooding the page with same stuff here let me tell you auto-attack stop attacking at 10% let the mage nuke it to death and your done

Right, but even then we don't know the exact condition for it. You can post X works but that does not means X is the actual condition. It can be X + Y or even Z, but you got the Y or Z without knowing it.

When I got A3 to pop I did not purposely wait for the last 10% and switch to nuke only. I engaged entire time and nuked fairly early. It's a strategy that works, but it is not the actual condition.

The point of posting testimonials is to figure out the correct condition by subtraction, because it's 100% not figured out yet.

SimonSes said: »
Maybe for A4 you need to break some damage with single nuke, like maybe 10k? That being said I recall someone getting A3 and A4 with trusts on MNK and MNK Trusts can't nuke for that much I think?

All my T5 are more than 10k. If there is a dmg threshold and it's much higher like 20k, then it's quite harsh and I doubt that too.

I'm thinking that killing speed is one possible condition again.

Asura.Cthaeh said: »
The only thing I can think of from my own experiences is that you can't pull the mob with the same element you kill with. When I was on RDM I was pulling with Fire and had enspell on and it didn't work, but both changing the enspell and/or pulling a different way seemed to solve this. Might be tinfoil, but until I hear otherwise this is how I do it.

Just FYI, I used enthunder, nuked fire and occasionally mixed with thunder. So I did mix different elements, although I only used 2 elements plus dia.

I pulled maybe 3 with fire then after that it's all dia pull. It could be different element dmg ratio but I am not sure.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-12 14:56:23  

It’s not. My kill speeds are exactly the same on BLU and it’s incredibly inconsistent when A4 spawns.
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-09-12 15:06:06  

Right, but even then we don't know the exact condition for it. You can post X works but that does not means X is the actual condition. It can be X + Y or even Z, but you got the Y or Z without knowing it.

When I got A3 to pop I did not purposely wait for the last 10% and switch to nuke only. I engaged entire time and nuked fairly early. It's a strategy that works, but it is not the actual condition.

The point of posting testimonials is to figure out the correct condition by subtraction, because it's 100% not figured out yet.

Maybe for A4 you need to break some damage with single nuke, like maybe 10k? That being said I recall someone getting A3 and A4 with trusts on MNK and MNK Trusts can't nuke for that much I think?

All my T5 are more than 10k. If there is a dmg threshold and it's much higher like 20k, then it's quite harsh and I doubt that too.

Asura.Cthaeh said: »
The only thing I can think of from my own experiences is that you can't pull the mob with the same element you kill with. When I was on RDM I was pulling with Fire and had enspell on and it didn't work, but both changing the enspell and/or pulling a different way seemed to solve this. Might be tinfoil, but until I hear otherwise this is how I do it.

Just FYI, I used enthunder, nuked fire and occasionally mixed with thunder. So I did mix different elements, although I only used 2 elements plus dia.

I pulled maybe 3 with fire then after that it's all dia pull. It could be different element dmg ratio but I am not sure.

Damage % doesn't seem to matter either. I've been on BLU before, left it at 1% with Tenebral Crush and finished it with Glutinous Dart and got chest, for like 1k damage. Seems any BLU spells works FYI, you don't have to stick to elemental spells.
 Titan.Lyriane
サーバ: Titan
user: Lyriane
By Titan.Lyriane 2022-09-12 17:12:24  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

It’s not. My kill speeds are exactly the same on BLU and it’s incredibly inconsistent when A4 spawns.

I haven't had any trouble with BLU solo since I started making sure to tag each mob directly with at least one spell. It's possible that being hit exclusively with aoe prevents the mob from counting. Is this a possibility for the issue you've had? I pull exactly 6, and get all 3 chests from the same mob when they go down.

Another data point: my group did do another small A test recently that was pretty clear cut. 2 kills with magic and white damage only. On the 3rd mob we did exactly the same thing but threw in ONE jump. No chest. Next mob, back to the original plan, chest.
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
サーバ: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-09-12 17:55:46  
My supposition for A3/A4 is that it can be killshotted by either white or magic damage, but that damage must represent what was done as the majority of damage for that mob. Eh if 75% magic and 25% white damaged, then kill with magic. There are others who say can still get with WS though… so who knows?
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2022-09-12 19:24:47  
anyone noticing reduced rewards from sortie after the update? I feel like a full sweep normally nets you on average 6 drops either 3 boxes/3 sapphires or 4/2, 2,3,1. did a run today and got 1 old case only. I know there's always the RNG for these style of events, but that just seemed like a sudden decrease in drop rate.
By fillerbunny9 2022-09-12 19:26:41  
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
anyone noticing reduced rewards from sortie after the update? I feel like a full sweep normally nets you on average 6 drops either 3 boxes/3 sapphires or 4/2, 2,3,1. did a run today and got 1 old case only. I know there's always the RNG for these style of events, but that just seemed like a sudden decrease in drop rate.
we did a run two nights ago, and I think all we got for our trouble was 2 Old Cases. random just being random.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-12 20:32:44  
Got 6 blue chests, gold, 3 red, killed one boss, 1 old Case, 1 sapphire. Seems normal.

That one area still lacks a map, btw.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-09-12 20:42:03  
I was going to ask if anyone had increased rewards, got 2 +1 cases, 1 NQ and 5 sapphires
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-09-12 21:01:41  
Valefor.Worlace said: »
My supposition for A3/A4 is that it can be killshotted by either white or magic damage, but that damage must represent what was done as the majority of damage for that mob. Eh if 75% magic and 25% white damaged, then kill with magic. There are others who say can still get with WS though… so who knows?

Don't need magic kill or any magic at all, can melee it down with pure physical from 100 to 0. Kill three monsters without using a WS, then kill three more and you have the items for the boss.

It's likely something around don't do more then X amount of WS damage, but honestly it's best to just not WS at all. We've been able to repeat this perfectly with a variety of setups, but currently our SCH (who is our healer) will Tabula and then make SC's while him and the GEO burst them down. Simultaneously the rest of us (COR / BRD / WAR / whatever) are meleeing another monster down, we usually melee down 2 of them by the time he's blown up 4, but sometimes he gets to the fifth before we finish the 2nd.
[+]
 Phoenix.Godofwars
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Godofwars 2022-09-12 22:01:20  

You still cant understand that some people SOLO this on jobs that doesn't have nukes. Unless you suggest to stop and let Shantotto to finish last 10%?
if you go in solo and dont have magic then why go in there thats like me going to do kie with out MB or dd job to multi step it make sence ya! im not telling ppl how to play there game but if you dont have the job to do these then its time to /yell for pugs thats all not trying to talk crap to anyone here just sick of the same thing being said thats all i kno its a thread for sortie but i think ppl should i say should read the thread before they spamm the same crap over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-12 22:12:39  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Don't need magic kill or any magic at all, can melee it down with pure physical from 100 to 0. Kill three monsters without using a WS, then kill three more and you have the items for the boss.

Does using JA affects the kill? I tried to melee it down to 0 on WAR with Shantotto II nuking but no WS (her TP was stuck at 3000).

After 3 kills on leech, no chest pop. The only thing I think could affect it was that I used Provoke to pull the mob. Ran out of time so didn't try further kills. Will test again after I finish unlocking other jobs.
By zigzagzig 2022-09-12 23:59:41  
Shanto II use WS i think.
[+]
 Phoenix.Godofwars
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Godofwars 2022-09-13 01:03:10  
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Does using JA affects the kill? I tried to melee it down to 0 on WAR with Shantotto II nuking but no WS (her TP was stuck at 3000).

After 3 kills on leech, no chest pop. The only thing I think could affect it was that I used Provoke to pull the mob. Ran out of time so didn't try further kills. Will test again after I finish unlocking other jobs.
you can use prvoke it wont mess with the kills i have taking the a3/a4 mobs to 1% and just use a trust who will nuke it or /drk or rdm and nuke kill you will get the chest np a3/a4 hope this helped you
By SimonSes 2022-09-13 03:50:52  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I was going to ask if anyone had increased rewards, got 2 +1 cases, 1 NQ and 5 sapphires

Prepare for week of nothing for balance :)
By bigboykoalas 2022-09-13 04:00:57  
Thank you all ^^
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-13 05:49:54  
zigzagzig said: »

My understanding is that she will only WS if I do, I had my eye on her TP and it was capped at 3000 throughout the fight.
By Koliz 2022-09-13 07:15:31  
Shantotto one is much more consistent for the a objectives, never uses a WS. Magic kill shot also isn't needed, at least for a3. Haven't tried for a4 in a couple weeks. Honestly might not need her out at all but it only takes like 4 minutes and always works for me so I've just stuck with it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-13 07:59:01  
zigzagzig said: »

My understanding is that she will only WS if I do, I had my eye on her TP and it was capped at 3000 throughout the fight.

Her AI logic generally has her follow you to close any skillchain you make, however, if you take too long, she will just WS without you and solo, so she can mess up the objective if you're just TPing it down.
By silvchan 2022-09-13 12:19:09  
I go in as THF/DNC. I go in to get the gold from all 4 NM's and the red from A, C, and D. I get 5k-6k muffins a run and enough chances for sapphires and earrings to have 6 sapphires extra after upgrading and I've gotten 20 NQ earrings and 3 +1's.

This is all done solo.

So to answer your question of "if you go in solo and dont have magic then why go in there?"

I go in there to get all of my upgrades and my earrings... the same reason you go in. You don't need magic to do much, and downing bosses is just a bit more muffins and some more shots at a +1 earring.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-09-13 13:03:27  
Yeah this is a super soloable event, the lessor NM's give 500 muffins and a red box each, plus whatever from various easy to get blue / brown chests and a gold if all four are killed.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-13 13:15:40  
silvchan said: »
I go in as THF/DNC. I go in to get the gold from all 4 NM's and the red from A, C, and D.

Just curious, how do you guarantee a red on C?

Currently trying maximize the return with either BLU, COR or WAR.

A and D are guaranteed, B is only achievable on COR due to 30 seconds kills (Leaden Salute on elementals, Umbrils are annoying with paralyze).

WAR will guarantee A major boss kill so it has a higher return than red coffer on B but just need to perfect the Shard/Metal farming on WAR.

Tried BLU on A major boss but got wiped twice despite only spamming Expiacion as the solo DD. Not sure if the distortion element of Expiacion raged the Boss despite no skill chain triggered.
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-09-13 13:40:17  
You would have to be lucky enough that he isn't opposite of the C area you decided to enter. You have 2:30 from the time you open a door/enter C so any job you would pick can get the red, just depends on how lucky you are.

COR will have an easier time since you have Bolter's Roll.
[+]
By Afania 2022-09-14 03:40:55  
Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »
You would have to be lucky enough that he isn't opposite of the C area you decided to enter. You have 2:30 from the time you open a door/enter C so any job you would pick can get the red, just depends on how lucky you are.

COR will have an easier time since you have Bolter's Roll.

If other job has Zerg JA, it can probably offset the running speed disadvantage by killing it faster. I've got red C on DNC solo before, after I found bhoot I immediately pop grand pas and it dies to 4 WS in less than 30 sec. So that's a good 2 min spare time to find it too.

If a job has no movement speed enhancement JA nor Zerg JA, it's probably harder.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-09-14 10:04:43  
silvchan said: »
I go in as THF/DNC. I go in to get the gold from all 4 NM's and the red from A, C, and D.

Tried BLU on A major boss but got wiped twice despite only spamming Expiacion as the solo DD. Not sure if the distortion element of Expiacion raged the Boss despite no skill chain triggered.
Cdc, have skill chain bonus trait for best results
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-14 10:08:58  

What were your trust setup?
By ksoze 2022-09-14 12:02:23  
Weeew said: »
Just wanted to share what we have been doing for the last week..

Maximum rewards, fool-proof strategy, 14 steps:

Party Setup: COR, BRD, WHM, BLU, SAM, ANYTHING

1) Bolters roll then everyone goes North to gather 6 Acuex. One person can check south for Leech NM before joining the party. Have BLU nuke them down while party buffs. Avoid any physical damage to them. Make sure they are all tagged red when they die. 1 Blue + 2 Brown chests.

2) Go further North to area A boss and don't forget to rest for 1 tick after #A1 gate for the second blue casket. Kill boss A. For all bosses use savage blade, tachi shoha, reso, etc. spam to avoid skillchains. Can stun lock with sudden lunge.

3) After killing the A boss, bolters and head East to elementals and check for the Leech NM on the way. Avoid the Porxie.

4) Complete 3 objectives on Elementals. For the first 3 kills avoid magic aggro and kill them with anything in less than 20 secs each for blue chest. 3-step leaden works well. Then you can just WS/SC the rest for the 2 brown chests. Wildfire>Wildfire, Fudo>Fudo, CDC>CDC all work.

5) Kill area B boss. Avoid SC. Can stun lock with sudden lunge.

6) After killing the B boss, head South to K-8 and kill the Porxie on the way. If you already passed it on the way you can go back for it.

7) At K-8, Bolter's and split up. Half the group goes South-East to the locked gate B while the other half goes West to the other locked gate B. Open the gates together and find and kill the Bhoot NM within 2.5mins.

8)After killing the Bhoot, head to the upper level of skeletons.
MB fire or light-based spells at least once each on 6 skeletons to get both brown chests. Ninjitsu, Dia, low/high tier nukes all work.

9) Kill area C boss. Avoid SC. Can stun lock with sudden lunge.

10) After the boss, split into 2 groups to save time(or don't) and kill the remaining skeletons and ghosts on the way to corses. If you didn't already get the blue chest, have everyone focus and kill 3 corses within 20 secs from aggro for Blue chest. Kill the remaining corses for the second blue chest.

11) Head to area D and look for the Fomor NM. Kill the NM and head to one of the small rooms with 6 Fomors (H-9 or G-6). If you didnt find the leech NM earlier, the COR can go find it and solo kill. When the last NM dies you should get a golden chest.

12) Kill the 6 Fomors in order (WAR/MNK/WHM/BLM/RDM/THF) while doing a 4-step on each. Can entomb to keep them petrified. You will get 1 Red, 2 Brown, and 2 Blue chests.

13) Head to area D NM and kill. Avoid SC. Can stun lock with sudden lunge.

14) Kill Fomors with the remaining time.

Good luck

Just started with sortie and trying to follow this.

What is tagged red?

A3 didn't pop for me with my blu
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-14 12:18:04  
Weeew said: »
9) Kill area C boss. Avoid SC.

You don't need to avoid SCing Ghatjot. It literally melts on my MNK spamming VSmite making lights.

ksoze said: »
A3 didn't pop for me with my blu

Dream Flower > Entomb > Spec > Anvil > Entomb > etc and add a Subduction at the end if they're low enough and I've never NOT gotten A3 and A4. Sometimes I have to dip into the leeches to get it, but this has never failed me.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-14 12:32:07  
Is the method for Casket B #1 confirmed?

"Defeat 3 Biune foes within 30 seconds of pulling/aggroing them"

I went in with a friend and we had the following setup:
friend: DRK
me: SCH
Cornelia
Qultada
Monberaux
Koru-moru

We killed 11 elementals of various elements but mostly fire.
We got the 5kills and 10kills chests but no trace of Casket #B1.
Some kills might not have been within 30 seconds from aggro/pull, but at least 7 totally were.
Friend was doing darkness with Scythe on the Fire and I was MBing with Water5 and Water4 killing them easily.

So... either the 30 seconds rule is not confirmed (there's a confirmation mark on BG-wiki after all) otherwise I dunno, can anybody think of any variable that could've skewed our test?
Something performed by Trusts that could've *** it up?
It was really fast. 2 WS for a SC and double MB for kill.
I'm not 100% for 4 targets but for at least 7 I'm 101% sure.
So we should at least have received the #B1 wich only requires 3 kills within 30 seconds from aggro/pull.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 149 150 151