フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 144 145 146
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-14 12:38:01  
There's probably a damage type component too. I've never failed to get the chest via Expiacion -> Leaden or Leaden -> Leaden chain kills but you're not the first person I've seen report failing to get the chest with spell kills even if you kill within the 30s
 Phoenix.Teorem
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Soybean
By Phoenix.Teorem 2022-09-14 12:51:27  
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Tried BLU on A major boss but got wiped twice despite only spamming Expiacion as the solo DD. Not sure if the distortion element of Expiacion raged the Boss despite no skill chain triggered.
I'm using BLU and spam Expiacion to tank Ghatjot and not having any issues. With no special defensive buffs, the worst of Fetid Eddies or Clobbering Wave hit me for just under 800 damage when they get me out of my DT set.

If you're getting hit for 2k+ damage and you know for certain that you're not making Distortion (Savage > Expiacion) then I'd agree it's probably a trust such as Arciela whose auto-attack heals Ghatjot and powers up his moves.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-14 12:54:04  
Keep in mind as well, commonly used trusts like qultada can and will make random distortions with Expiacion all the time
By Afania 2022-09-14 14:14:32  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Is the method for Casket B #1 confirmed?

"Defeat 3 Biune foes within 30 seconds of pulling/aggroing them"

I went in with a friend and we had the following setup:
friend: DRK
me: SCH
Cornelia
Qultada
Monberaux
Koru-moru

We killed 11 elementals of various elements but mostly fire.
We got the 5kills and 10kills chests but no trace of Casket #B1.
Some kills might not have been within 30 seconds from aggro/pull, but at least 7 totally were.
Friend was doing darkness with Scythe on the Fire and I was MBing with Water5 and Water4 killing them easily.

So... either the 30 seconds rule is not confirmed (there's a confirmation mark on BG-wiki after all) otherwise I dunno, can anybody think of any variable that could've skewed our test?
Something performed by Trusts that could've *** it up?
It was really fast. 2 WS for a SC and double MB for kill.
I'm not 100% for 4 targets but for at least 7 I'm 101% sure.
So we should at least have received the #B1 wich only requires 3 kills within 30 seconds from aggro/pull.

It's being discussed pages back. Killing time after zoning in B is possibly one condition. If you didn't get the chest early then it probably won't pop again.

This is not 100% confirmed but it seems to match my experience so far.
[+]
By alamihgo 2022-09-14 14:23:46  
I've reliably earned boss chest x2 and blue chest from B kills every day since release by doing 3-step SC - solo or with a partner. Just last night, I broke protocol by zoning into B then changing course to C for about 9 minutes. When I returned to B, I got the boss chests per usual but didn't see blue chest after 10 kills. Rematerializing sector B then yielded a blue chest after the expected number of kills.

There is positively a time gimmick on B when you zone in.
[+]
By ksoze 2022-09-14 14:27:37  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Weeew said: »
9) Kill area C boss. Avoid SC.

You don't need to avoid SCing Ghatjot. It literally melts on my MNK spamming VSmite making lights.

ksoze said: »
A3 didn't pop for me with my blu

Dream Flower > Entomb > Spec > Anvil > Entomb > etc and add a Subduction at the end if they're low enough and I've never NOT gotten A3 and A4. Sometimes I have to dip into the leeches to get it, but this has never failed me.

Just did aoe blu 3 x 3 acuex and only A3 popped not A4
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-14 14:30:08  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
There's probably a damage type component too. I've never failed to get the chest via Expiacion -> Leaden or Leaden -> Leaden chain kills but you're not the first person I've seen report failing to get the chest with spell kills even if you kill within the 30s
We did mostly fire elementals and a couple of earth ones.

SC on Fire Ele was Darkness, MB was Water.
SC on Earth Ele was Light, MB was Aero.

I was hitting for like 80k with Tier5 without buffs and average gear.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-09-14 14:32:15  

You don't need to avoid SCing Ghatjot. It literally melts on my MNK spamming VSmite making lights.

Dream Flower > Entomb > Spec > Anvil > Entomb > etc and add a Subduction at the end if they're low enough and I've never NOT gotten A3 and A4. Sometimes I have to dip into the leeches to get it, but this has never failed me.

Umm yeah ... it's first 3 for A3 then another 3 for A4, they are sequential not simultaneous.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-14 14:33:02  
Afania said: »
It's being discussed pages back. Killing time after zoning in B is possibly one condition. If you didn't get the chest early then it probably won't pop again.

This is not 100% confirmed but it seems to match my experience so far.
To give further info that I omitted before, we started to fight elementals after doing the B1>B6 objective (which takes a while, we had no movement speed) and after accidentally zoning into C for a second, entering south from the Room with Dark and Earth elementals that has no map.

This to confirm that you might be right on the "within X minutes from zoning into B" additional requirement that you mentioned before.

Btw I did B1 > B2 > Locked B (see above) > B3 > B4 > B5 > B6 and it worked.
I was wondering if opening the Locked B leading into C would've *** up the sequence or not, but appearently it did not because the chest popped just fine after opening B6.
By ksoze 2022-09-14 15:02:52  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Umm yeah ... it's first 3 for A3 then another 3 for A4, they are sequential not simultaneous.

I did 9.. are auto attacks not allowed
By Viciouss 2022-09-14 15:05:44  
Did you make sure to claim them all individually? I think that is a requirement.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-14 15:19:58  
Viciouss said: »
Did you make sure to claim them all individually? I think that is a requirement.

Nah. I did 3 acuex pulls earlier, 5x, 4x, then 3x. A3 popped after the 2nd group was killed, A4 after 3rd group. Targets were switched a couple times but that was it. I probably tagged 4/12 of them. No meleeing was done.
By ksoze 2022-09-14 15:21:52  

I just got hate on all, no engagement
By Viciouss 2022-09-14 16:04:29  

Nah. I did 3 acuex pulls earlier, 5x, 4x, then 3x. A3 popped after the 2nd group was killed, A4 after 3rd group. Targets were switched a couple times but that was it. I probably tagged 4/12 of them. No meleeing was done.

I think you have to claim them at the very least. Your numbers reflect that. Pulling and killing 5 on your first pull should have gotten you A3. In all likelihood, you probably tagged 6/12 of them.
 Ragnarok.Eotfofyl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: EOTFOFYL
By Ragnarok.Eotfofyl 2022-09-14 17:15:46  

I think you have to claim them at the very least. Your numbers reflect that. Pulling and killing 5 on your first pull should have gotten you A3. In all likelihood, you probably tagged 6/12 of them.

I don't tag with Blu. I pull acuex (8 or 9 )and proceed to aoe kill. Get 3 boxes each time all on top of each other
 Bahamut.Orinthia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2022-09-14 22:20:29  

got this nin earring +2 just now, aug'd with: dex/agi+7, acc/macc+16, store tp+6
[+]
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-09-15 02:21:10  
Bahamut.Orinthia said: »

got this nin earring +2 just now, aug'd with: dex/agi+7, acc/macc+16, store tp+6

50+ earrings still waiting on NQ, i hate you :D
But seriously congratz, that thing is so nice!

Anyone else notice better droprates for old cases since update?
Back to Back run with 5 cases. Might be just coincidence..
 Leviathan.Hubie
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hubie
By Leviathan.Hubie 2022-09-15 06:50:43  
Quote:

I'd S a D for one case, let alone 5
By zigzagzig 2022-09-15 07:10:42  

Simple sortie Path for Solo with trust and people needing to unlock
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-15 08:13:03  
zigzagzig said: »

Simple sortie Path for Solo with trust and people needing to unlock
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-09-15 10:41:35  
Quote:

Our group's best run was 7 old cases, but our average hovers around 3-5 per run. I've been coming thief the past few weeks and we've noticed a visible increase in overall drops from the runs prior. The sample size is too small to be conclusive, but I do believe the 4 bosses are affected by treasure hunter in the same way incursion mobs are affected by it. We've been reliably hitting all but the final C objective where you need to kill every mob in that area. If you run a 6 man group the most efficient way to handle this event is to split up at the start and then regroup for the bosses. Here's our general gameplan

Party setup is typically Scholar, Warrior, Thief, Corsair, bard, Blue Mage

• Start with buffs at the main Diaphanous Device. Scholar does embrava, bard gives marches and mambos, cor gives samurai and bolters.

• Blue mage teleports to Device A, casts a self buff for Chest A2, then cleaves a bunch of acuex for chests A3, A4, and Casket A1. After that he runs to the /heal spot for casket A2, which gets chest A1 in the process.

• Meanwhile the bard and corsair teleport to Device B and do /hurray for Chest B2. Then proceed to the fire elementals for speed kills. Bard opens rudra's storm into cor's leaden salute which easily kills in under 30 seconds. Rinse/repeat 10 times to get chest B3, B4, and Casket B1. The porxie is usually in with the fire elementals too so once casket B1 has spawned they're clear to kill him for coffer B. Then they do the gates for chest B1 and casket B2

• While this is happening the Scholar, warrior, and thief teleport to device D. Drop the obsidian wing for Chest D2, then find and kill Demisang Deleterious ASAP for Coffer D. Afterward proceed to pull a party of fomors and kill in the correct order, making sure to 4 step each one along the way. This gets Chest D3, D4 Casket D1, and Casket D2. Afterward they do the gates for chest D1

• Next comes the boss rush. All 6 of us gather together and kill Degei --> Ghatjot --> Leshonn, using bolsters to travel between zones faster, then once Leshonn is down we gather at the gates to sector C. Three of us go to the east gate and 3 go to the west gate. Someone calls out a time on the game clock to open the doors (same as BLM timed nukes back in the day) and we open them in unison and bum rush the Bhoot, getting chest C1 in the process. Find the bhoot on widescan and everyone converges and kills it. This should be easy to do in under 2 and a half minutes. The Obdella should have been found by this time as well for Coffer A. So the bhoot should drop Coffer C as well as the Aurum.

• Once the Bhoot is dealt with all that's left is sector C. Pull a corse to device C and kill it for chest C2, then proceed to skeleton area. Blue mage and warrior speed kill skeletons for casket C1, while the thief, cor, and bard make skillchains for the scholar to burst on. That gets chests C3 and C4. Then finish by killing skorma and farming as many mobs in sector C as we can

Ideally we would have enough time to clear out all of sector C for the final objective, which is casket C2, but we have yet to actually do it in time. We've come really close though on some runs. I'm pretty sure if we were just a bit faster and more consistent we could clean sweep the zone.

Effeciency is the key to maximizing drop rates in this event, and that's probably about as efficient as you can go about the objectives. And I do think that treasure hunter affects the 4 bosses in the same way it affects drops in incursion. But speculation aside, if you can bring a thief along and not miss out on hitting any of the objectives in the process there's no real reason NOT to have maximum TH on the bosses. Our take on it is that even without definitive proof, it can't do anything but help.
[+]
 Titan.Lyriane
サーバ: Titan
user: Lyriane
By Titan.Lyriane 2022-09-15 14:36:14  
Asura.Sechs said: »
We killed 11 elementals of various elements but mostly fire.
We got the 5kills and 10kills chests but no trace of Casket #B1.
Some kills might not have been within 30 seconds from aggro/pull, but at least 7 totally were.
Friend was doing darkness with Scythe on the Fire and I was MBing with Water5 and Water4 killing them easily.

I know ya'll are hot for the "within X minutes of entering area B" explanation, but so far as I've seen, all the groups including mine who are saying that casket B wouldn't pop have been doing massive MB. My group, for one, was not messing around any more than usual in B on our run where it didn't work, it's just usually we do it with no MB, and this time we had MB and couldn't get the chest.

I think my theory is still viable.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-15 14:55:49  
It also failed to pop for me one time duo when we were doing Fudo -> Fudo -> 99k Fire, but popped as soon as I stopped MBing. Killing definitely didn't get faster.
[+]
By Seraphpdh 2022-09-15 15:45:23  
Have people had issues getting Chest #B3 and Chest #B4 to pop? I can always spawn the Casket #B1 by killing 3 fire elementals quickly, but sometimes the 'kill 5' and 'kill 10' chests just refuse to spawn. Sometimes they will only spawn after I re-materalize the foes in the area and kill an additional 5/10 mobs, having done nothing different from the first pass. It's really weird.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-15 19:48:23  
Not sure if someone else could help narrow this one down. Coffer D shows you need to kill any 3 fomors after Deleterious, but after killing THF, WHM, WHM it didn't pop. I pulled a WAR right after and I was able to get it. Has anyone else had success getting coffer D by pulling at least 2 of the same after?
By Seraphpdh 2022-09-15 20:32:53  
Not sure if someone else could help narrow this one down. Coffer D shows you need to kill any 3 fomors after Deleterious, but after killing THF, WHM, WHM it didn't pop. I pulled a WAR right after and I was able to get it. Has anyone else had success getting coffer D by pulling at least 2 of the same after?

Yes, we have killed combinations of THF/THF/WAR, and WAR/WAR/THF, and MNK/MNK/THF etc. and all have worked with no issues by the 3rd mob.

We usually pull them from the square hallways of the four small circle rooms just to the NE of the #D1 door with just the WARs/THFs/MNKs in it though for the post triple kill since its safer.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-15 20:43:25  
Odd. I know I didn't miscount either because I sacked the first 2 on my other character.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-15 20:56:56  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It also failed to pop for me one time duo when we were doing Fudo -> Fudo -> 99k Fire, but popped as soon as I stopped MBing. Killa definitely didn't get faster.

yeah like I said earlier I have never failed getting the chest with just WS/skillchain damage, but lots of you are reporting failure via MB kills. if it smells like ***and looks like ***...
By macsdf1 2022-09-15 22:40:39  
got 2 +2 ears last night heahaha

we just kill any 3 fomor after the mini
By Vaerix 2022-09-15 22:59:58  
macsdf1 said: »
got 2 +2 ears last night heahaha

we just kill any 3 fomor after the mini

*Humble brags but fails to mention he hadn't geared the jobs they were for for*
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 144 145 146