フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 150 151 152
 Asura.Bynebill
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-09-10 04:02:48  
I failed to get blue every single run when I started until I saw the kill in 30sec, and started to just engage with melee and multi step dark on cor (killing in sub 30sec with malaise) and have yet to fail to get it since.

I don't cast on the geo to get on the hate list for malaise effect I just engage on the geo as well.
By IGDC 2022-09-10 06:42:48  
22 old cases opened at once. 0x +1. my rng is best rng xD
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-10 10:31:14  
Had a weird run of luck last night and got DNC, SMN, and MNK+1 earrings on the same run.
 Shiva.Cziella
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2022-09-10 14:15:49  
RNG + GEO, killed 1 ice elemental, pulled a water elemental with silence on GEO, another one aggroed by magic, killed both Water elementals super fast (TF spam with KC) and got the blue chest right away, only 3 mobs I touched in the C area at all. So engaging or aggro doesn't matter, it's probably just kill speed
 Asura.Josho
user: Josho88
By Asura.Josho 2022-09-10 16:30:34  
So today I went for Casket #B1 and cleared out pretty much every Umbril, with maybe only a couple I thought were sketchy time wise... No casket. Made me think though, prior to starting on the Umbril I messed about with a couple Fire Elementals... Went and reset B, went straight for the Umbril this time and got the casket after the third without issue.

For those who are getting this casket on a regular basis, are the casket mobs the first ones you attack in the area?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-10 16:37:43  
There are no "casket mobs". Our group clears out only elementals and get all the chests from them.
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-09-10 16:38:38  
IGDC said: »
22 old cases opened at once. 0x +1. my rng is best rng xD
Just got some +1 earrings on my main but they are both for jobs my mule uses. I hate these earrings.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2022-09-10 16:48:13  
earrings are so random its annoying. I get a capped +1 nin earring a week ago. I don't play nin much. I leveled it because was bored and threw together gear I had from other jobs. Did make ambu capes and weapon for it though
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-10 20:09:14  
Asura.Geriond said: »
There are no "casket mobs". Our group clears out only elementals and get all the chests from them.

That’s not what he’s asking. He’s asking if the monster that’s giving people the casket on a consistent basis is the first set of monsters the group is fighting. In his Example, he started fighting on an elemental but went to Umbrils and couldn’t get a casket. Only after resetting the zone and killing Umbrils first did he get the casket. Basically he’s wondering if the objective could be that you must kill x amount of the first monster you fight in the area for a casket.

From your own experience, you only fight elementals, but if you fight an Umbril first, and can’t get the chest from elementals, that would be an indication that his hunch could be correct
 Titan.Lyriane
サーバ: Titan
user: Lyriane
By Titan.Lyriane 2022-09-11 00:17:54  
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I killed more than 3 Bhune elementals in under 30 seconds from aggro without seeing the blue chest, so something else must be required in addition to quick kills.

Maybe it's something like 30 seconds from the death of a previous Bhune mob?
I agree there is something else.
Using MNK or SAM self skillchain on umbrils we always get the blue chest.
One time we took sch + 2 blms and a smn - did sch self sch and 2 blm + smn MB - killed in well under 30 seconds in single SC each time (was careful not to magic agro before the skillchain) and no blue chest this way. I think a real weaponskill must be involved somehow to get the blue chest.

Our group had a similar experience today. Normally, we're able to get these, but today the casket wouldn't pop. The biggest difference was that today we had a GEO bursting our Lights for ~60k. Umbrils were dying in ~10 seconds from pull but we killed about 8 or so (getting both brown chests) without a pop. Then we had to move on.

Sounds like the theory to beat is "Kill in under 30 seconds AND do not use Magic Burst."

More testing is needed.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-09-11 00:30:46  
For B casket 1 there's 2 conditions. You need to kill 3 elementals semi quickly each elemental's kill timer starts when an action is done to them. They don't have to be killed back to back quickly just each individual one needs to be killed somewhat quickly. The second condition is there is another timer that starts after you enter B or some other condition tied to B (maybe after you open a B door or aggro something in B) that if you don't get this casket within a certain amount of time you won't get it till you reset B.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-09-11 03:51:18  
so for the B doors, do you have to not open them at all until they're in order? I swear I've opened B3 by the umbrils and closed it before, and then did 1-6 when i first got my key, but I could be wrong...
By Afania 2022-09-11 05:18:34  
Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
I'm sorta doubting that the Red Coffer from the ghost will be possible solo without some really strong luck. 2m30s (or possibly 2m24s) is a really tight window for a fully buffed group of 6 if it spawns somewhere inconvenient.

Can confirm that even if the Bhoot pops past the C1 gate, it's still possible to get the red coffer solo. (If you are a cor...)

I entered the C area from M8 B gate today and no ghost until I reach L13 corridor past C1 gate. Still got the red coffer.

What I did is that before I open the B gate I CC bolter Snake eye to 11, Random deal > CC Sam snake eye to 11. Then I opened the gate running at max speed fully buffed with max rolls.

The ghost dies with 7 WF so it's quick enough with sam roll.

I killed more than 3 Bhune elementals in under 30 seconds from aggro without seeing the blue chest, so something else must be required in addition to quick kills.

Maybe it's something like 30 seconds from the death of a previous Bhune mob?

I have my doubt about the 30 sec kill for a long long time. So far I have like 100% casket #1 pop rate killing fire elementals at K6 doing leaden > AE > leaden 3 step kill. However once I tried the same strategy against ice/water elementals in M2 area for 10+ min straight it didn't work.

I have no idea why the same strategy always works on one group but fail to work on another group. maybe it has something to do with map position or SC dmg elements. Case to the point Distortion is ice water so I wonder if that's one factor affecting it.

Or maybe it's just me killing ice/water a few sec slower /shrug. I stopped trying for casket #1 on anything that isn't fire elementals since then.

Edit: just saw this, this is very possible tbh:

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
For B casket 1 there's 2 conditions. You need to kill 3 elementals semi quickly each elemental's kill timer starts when an action is done to them. They don't have to be killed back to back quickly just each individual one needs to be killed somewhat quickly. The second condition is there is another timer that starts after you enter B or some other condition tied to B (maybe after you open a B door or aggro something in B) that if you don't get this casket within a certain amount of time you won't get it till you reset B.

Since I always kill fire elementals after I warp to device B, I get it done relatively quick if that's my target. On the other hand the time that I couldn't get the chest to pop I wasted a good 10+ min before I engage the mobs.
By SimonSes 2022-09-11 05:35:17  
I always do that casket on water/light with Mordant>Leaden, so it doesnt matter which elementals and Darkness works on water too.
 Odin.Valisk
サーバ: Odin
user: Valisk
By Odin.Valisk 2022-09-11 07:24:30  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
nice little trick i found for bhoot. if you widescan it and you are sure it's too far and won't kill in time, it stays scanned when you reset the area, saving you a little time to find it again.

Don’t you have to kill the Bhoot to reset its timer? We tried this and reset without killing so it stayed on widescan and did not get the red chest when killing within the time limit after reset. We had to reset the zone a 2nd time after actually killing the Bhoot to get the red.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-09-11 08:51:07  
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
so for the B doors, do you have to not open them at all until they're in order? I swear I've opened B3 by the umbrils and closed it before, and then did 1-6 when i first got my key, but I could be wrong...

No, if the door is already open, you can close the door, then re-open it and that counts for the opening the door, as long as it is in order.
 Bismarck.Havenx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: havenx
By Bismarck.Havenx 2022-09-11 19:23:06  
anyone else have RR up and then d/c, come back dead with no RR option to bring u up or just me ?
By Draylo 2022-09-11 19:59:55  
Yea been that way since day 1 of the spell existing.
[+]
By bigboykoalas 2022-09-12 06:44:09  
Hi Would someone tell me where I'm going wrong here in trying to get Metal A. Gone in RDM/NIN used Cherukiki, Ulmia, Jaochim,Koru-moru and cornelia. Pulled using Dia and applied it a couple of times throughout. I got the shard at the same time as the chest for killing 5 mobs then proceeded to kill a further dozen mobs without WS'ing but no further chests. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By Sockfoot 2022-09-12 11:22:16  
bigboykoalas said: »
Hi Would someone tell me where I'm going wrong here in trying to get Metal A. Gone in RDM/NIN used Cherukiki, Ulmia, Jaochim,Koru-moru and cornelia. Pulled using Dia and applied it a couple of times throughout. I got the shard at the same time as the chest for killing 5 mobs then proceeded to kill a further dozen mobs without WS'ing but no further chests. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the past, we tried to auto things down with a RDM in group using enspells and it didn't work. This was before the whole 'cast Dia on it' and I can't recall which debuffs we were doing, other than me using QD. I think others have reported enspells not playing nice? Now we aim to get the killshot with magic and typically nuke from 10% or so to dead.

My other group uses BLU and gets it with zero effort as a lot here do.
By Heghmoh 2022-09-12 11:58:53  
Sockfoot said: »

In the past, we tried to auto things down with a RDM in group using enspells and it didn't work. This was before the whole 'cast Dia on it' and I can't recall which debuffs we were doing, other than me using QD. I think others have reported enspells not playing nice? Now we aim to get the killshot with magic and typically nuke from 10% or so to dead.

My other group uses BLU and gets it with zero effort as a lot here do.

I have also had issues using auto attacks with en spell damage on.

Just set up a nuke set on RDM and you should be ok?
By bigboykoalas 2022-09-12 12:42:52  
Thanks for the info guys as I've been using enspell to beat it down.I will go in tomorrow with a nuking set in place
By Afania 2022-09-12 13:30:21  

I highly doubt it's only "cast magic, kill without WS", there must be something else.

Tried to get both chest A3 and A4 today on rdm with enspell+tier V/IV nuke spam.

First went in with koru, Cornelia, yoran, star sibyl, kuyin. I'm fairly certain none of the trusts do offensive JA WS on mobs. Killed 3 no chest.

I gave up, run around did another objective. Came back retry with different trust by replacing yoran with kupofried, in case Yoran's Nott counts as WS too.

The chest A3 popped after 3 kills, but A4 didn't pop after 3 more kills.

Tried another trust like Brygid, did 3 more kills, no chest.

I enspelled on all the attempts, nuked all attempts. I can't figure out why #A3 popped after trust change but not #A4. If enspell *** up chests then I should never get A3. The only difference between these kills is trust combo and nuke/melee ratio being slightly different, since I nuke more often on some mobs than another.

I wouldn't be surprised if kill speed is another factor here again.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-12 13:42:05  
Afania said: »

Nah. I AOE nuke acuex down on BLU and sometimes I get it before I pass through the A1 gate, and sometimes I pull 5-6 leeches and get it then. I can't seem to narrow down what spawns A4, but I've never failed on obtaining it on BLU. Kill speeds are the same every run typically.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-09-12 13:49:02  

I highly doubt it's only "cast magic, kill without WS", there must be something else.

Tried to get both chest A3 and A4 today on rdm with enspell+tier V/IV nuke spam.

First went in with koru, Cornelia, yoran, star sibyl, kuyin. I'm fairly certain none of the trusts do offensive JA WS on mobs. Killed 3 no chest.

I gave up, run around did another objective. Came back retry with different trust by replacing yoran with kupofried, in case Yoran's Nott counts as WS too.

I enspelled on all the attempts, nuked all attempts. I can't figure out why #A3 popped after trust change but not #A4. If enspell *** up chests then I should never get A3. The only difference between these kills is trust combo and nuke/melee ratio being slightly different, since I nuke more often on some mobs than another.

The only thing I can think of from my own experiences is that you can't pull the mob with the same element you kill with. When I was on RDM I was pulling with Fire and had enspell on and it didn't work, but both changing the enspell and/or pulling a different way seemed to solve this. Might be tinfoil, but until I hear otherwise this is how I do it.
 Phoenix.Godofwars
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Godofwars 2022-09-12 13:49:12  

im sure if you look from page 1-59 there ITS ALOT of ppl telling you how to get and what they did same as you and didnt get a3/a4 again we flooding the page with same stuff here let me tell you auto-attack stop attacking at 10% let the mage nuke it to death and your done
By SimonSes 2022-09-12 13:49:51  
Maybe for A4 you need to break some damage with single nuke, like maybe 10k? That being said I recall someone getting A3 and A4 with trusts on MNK and MNK Trusts can't nuke for that much I think?
By SimonSes 2022-09-12 13:51:40  
Phoenix.Godofwars said: »
im sure if you look from page 1-59 there ITS ALOT of ppl telling you how to get and what they did same as you and didnt get a3/a4 again we flooding the page with same stuff here let me tell you auto-attack stop attacking at 10% let the mage nuke it to death and your done

You still cant understand that some people SOLO this on jobs that doesn't have nukes. Unless you suggest to stop and let Shantotto to finish last 10%?
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 150 151 152