フォーラム » FFXI » General » my character went from 99 to 1
my character went from 99 to 1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-06 05:19:41  
Couldn't you also just use a weak excuse like my 2 years old son messed up while I was on a work call, or my cat walked over my keyboard while I rushed to the bathroom?

lulz
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-06-06 05:25:52  
I don't believe his account would be worth 10s of thousands of dollars. Unless he has capped gil and billions in sellables, how much does gil even sell for now?
By RadialArcana 2022-06-06 05:29:36  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Whoa, people seriously spend that much on an account???

No, was exaggerating for effect. A pimped out character + capped gil is still a valuable asset though.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-06-06 05:42:28  
RadialArcana said: »
Unless you know them irl and know they died as a fact, it could be any of them honestly.

I wish people would wise up and stop trusting others in unnecessary ways, the best friend you ever had for 10-20 years can be your worst enemy tomorrow under the correct circumstances.

This, but also, there's a lot of focus on the revenge aspect here. I don't see revenge in the motives.

Deleting his character? Could be an act of revenge, or to cover up that it was stripped.

Making a new character? Could be an act of revenge, or to cover up that it was stripped, in either case it may make it harder to restore the original.

Running back to where he was? Only serves to cover up. The 'le epic prank' angle doesn't make sense when the rest of it is too cruel to be a joke. The only reason to go to that effort is to cover up what already happened. If you're looking for revenge, why would you hide it?

So, I'm going to repeat. Someone stripped your account, and then they went to that trouble hoping you'd believe it was a bug and not an act of malicious intent. This person still has some investment in either you or the linkshell you both run with. They probably thought they could get away with stripping your character if they did it this way, and get all the goods with nobody being any the wiser.
[+]
 Asura.Aaliana
user: edster105
By Asura.Aaliana 2022-06-06 06:13:11  
logging off in Rabao not only makes it look like it may have been a bug, but gives time for the perp to get away with selling items / gil etc. Please let us know what SE think when you contact them.
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2022-06-06 08:22:38  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Whoa, people seriously spend that much on an account???

No, was exaggerating for effect. A pimped out character + capped gil is still a valuable asset though.
no FFXI account has ever been sold for tens of thousands of dollars. (none have even hit 10,000 dollars)

no idea what the point of this exaggeration was.

as people have said it's also not hard to get to rabao. if you log onto an account with the purpose of stealing everything on it and deleting it you're going to not have a problem running at 300% speed or POS hacking. stop focusing on these completely random things
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-06-06 08:29:03  
As someone who got hacked by someone that I never expected… The first thing you can do is go to your SE account (where you add crysta), and there’s an option to see the IP’s where the account was logged on, then I would call Square Enix and explain the attack. Be aware that they can trace back all the IPs your account has ever been logged into.

You can PM me if you need help with this, I had to go through this twice by the same person.
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-06 08:39:48  
Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
welp who ever it was made sure to make it sting lol
to be real i let 3 people use my char one is dead, the other one has not played in 2~3 years and the 3th from ik know we dont have any bad blood been friends for 6ish years now

Chnage your password.

Why do people just hand out their account details to multiple people, when they know it's worth tens of thousands of dollars?
i did change my password
Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
Assuming that none of them handed out your account information, you've already eliminated one of three possibilities.

Unless you know them irl and know they died as a fact, it could be any of them honestly.

I wish people would wise up and stop trusting others in unnecessary ways, the best friend you ever had for 10-20 years can be your worst enemy tomorrow under the correct circumstances.

There are people that are married for 10+ years and one day it falls apart and they hate each other from then on. Friendships are supposed to be different?

If you wouldn't give a person your house keys/car keys, don't give them your account details.

yes the one that dead ik irl.
i mean fair your not wrong most likely trusted someone that i should not of.

Pantafernando said: »
The only thing I could add for the trusting credentials to other is: if you plan to recover your account via GM, dont tell that someone else logged in your account and deleted it.

Instead, tell that you decided to delete it but then changed your mind and want to play again.

Because sharing account is a violation to ToS. So, less likely people will do anything for someone doing something explicitly told to not to be done.
ya ik
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-06-06 10:27:49  
GetHelpNerd said: »
as people have said it's also not hard to get to rabao. if you log onto an account with the purpose of stealing everything on it and deleting it you're going to not have a problem running at 300% speed or POS hacking. stop focusing on these completely random things

idk if it’s completely random, if he logged off in Labyrinth of Onzozo that would be completely random

who knows how deep it goes, for all we know he also created another mule of his own (Betamunch) to put next to Butmunch I to see what size Elvaan he is so that Butmunch II could be the exact same size
By SimonSes 2022-06-06 11:04:49  
Siren.Bruno said: »

idk if it’s completely random, if he logged off in Labyrinth of Onzozo that would be completely random

who knows how deep it goes, for all we know he also created another mule of his own (Betamunch) to put next to Butmunch I to see what size Elvaan he is so that Butmunch II could be the exact same size

I think by random things, he meant people speculating how exactly he got to Rabao and what locations he visited and how long it took or how hard it was or if Unity would be faster etc. All that is useless discussion, because with hacks you could do all that with no effort at all.
By GetHelpNerd 2022-06-06 11:27:19  
SimonSes said: »
Siren.Bruno said: »

I think by random things, he meant people speculating how exactly he got to Rabao and what locations he visited and how long it took or how hard it was or if Unity would be faster etc. All that is useless discussion, because with hacks you could do all that with no effort at all.
Correct.
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-06-06 11:37:42  
oh yeah, i think he definitely clipped or pos hacked so none of it really matters, my misunderstanding. although to me it’s kind of funny he took the boat when he could have just pos hacked around a lot quicker lol

Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-06-06 11:48:24  
I have always liked to think that my character goes on fun adventures when I'm offline, traveling the digital world with no actual progression.

.....and then maybe they drink and what we have here just kinda happens.

.....I'm not being helpful.
[+]
By Veydal1 2022-06-06 12:18:47  
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
As someone who got hacked by someone that I never expected… The first thing you can do is go to your SE account (where you add crysta), and there’s an option to see the IP’s where the account was logged on, then I would call Square Enix and explain the attack. Be aware that they can trace back all the IPs your account has ever been logged into.

You can PM me if you need help with this, I had to go through this twice by the same person.

This and other mentions stating the same, is the best advice given in this thread to determine what happened.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-06 13:06:15  
I realize my comments may have come across without sympathy. This situation really sucks for you, hopefully you have a good LS that will help you get back to your progress level as quickly as possible.

Endgame characters have a tremendous amount of man hours put into them and it's daunting to start all over.

My condolences. RIP Butmunch 1.0. Long live BM 2.0!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-06 13:07:26  
Post the rando I.P. here maybe some haxxor here can track them down.
By Pantafernando 2022-06-06 15:27:43  
I actually searched for the login history option for my own account and didnt find it. Do that even exist?
By IGDC 2022-06-06 15:30:12  

Click Login History on main page.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-06 15:34:36  
Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
I have always liked to think that my character goes on fun adventures when I'm offline, traveling the digital world with no actual progression.

.....and then maybe they drink and what we have here just kinda happens.

.....I'm not being helpful.

don't mean to fully derail, only add a little levity to such a horrid situation- I imagine that someone is playing the real me in another tier of an MMO, and when I get down and isolate myself from friends and such, the person playing me musta just deactivated the account until new content comes out.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-06-06 15:44:49  
Pantafernando said: »
I actually searched for the login history option for my own account and didnt find it. Do that even exist?

It exists under the account tab > login information on square enix account, at least for NA square enix accounts. It'll register logins to the web api and the game, but at least for me, it doesn't record IP for logins to the game so it's unlikely to help much here.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-06 16:15:05  
I guess SE account just delete log records over 2 year so.

My main had no game login, but i just checked my mule that i just logged in, and her record was there, including some 500 days old record.
 Asura.Fatlock
user: fatlock
By Asura.Fatlock 2022-06-06 17:28:33  
This pic is on asura server. Yall are being trolled
By IGDC 2022-06-06 17:57:33  
Asura.Fatlock said: »

Legit 50/50 possibility
By RadialArcana 2022-06-06 18:03:22  

True.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-06 18:04:21  
welp BM is gone yall was right someone deleted my char and remade it SE did tell me that and they said there is nothing i can do
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-06-06 18:04:40  

What, the first one? Butmunch transferred to Asura like a year ago, based on his AH history

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Butmunch
[+]
 Shiva.Haldarn
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2022-06-06 18:04:57  

Called it on p1.

He posted on OF from his Asura mule with the same name. Didn't think to confirm by searching the character names in the pic tho so good call.

Edit: apologies didn't consider yr AH forum account would be a different server. My bad. Sorry for yr loss, that's awful.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-06 18:07:58  
Think you don't realize they been on Asura not Bahamut for a while... You can keep posting on here with your old linked server.name
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-06 18:09:48  
welp BM is gone yall was right someone deleted my char and remade it SE did tell me that and they said there is nothing i can do
T_T
By RadialArcana 2022-06-06 18:11:45  

No, you can demand a rollback. They are lazy asf and won't do it unless you keep on. You get one rollback.

Also never admit you gave your details out, just say you logged in and saw it and don't know how it happened.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7