Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-06-05 02:26:03  
running from windy through gustav to rabao is a real hate ***, wow

i agree, Derfland is weird though
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2022-06-05 05:26:03  
Should just call a GM and tell the entire story.

If there is anything wrong with this, they should have backup to recover.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-06-05 05:59:42  
The idea that any form of incidental or corruption would remove everything from so many unrelated systems is ridiculous. Clearly someone wanted to screw him over so they deleted his character, made a new one, and spent the hour or so running to rabao.
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
サーバ: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-05 06:16:37  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
The idea that any form of incidental or corruption would remove everything from so many unrelated systems is ridiculous. Clearly someone wanted to screw him over so they deleted his character, made a new one, and spent the hour or so running to rabao.

The person who did this is someone who knew he was previously in Rabao, when he logged off, was able to access the character before he logged back on, and recreate the character in the creator after deleting the original (not that it'd be hard to match a screenshot). That's a lot of effort.

Sounds like someone close to you has a terrible sense of humor, has been stewing for a while, is a psychopath, or some mix of the three.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-06-05 06:17:59  
Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
someone who knew he was previously in Rabao, when he logged off, was able to access the character before he logged back on, and recreate the character in the creator after deleting the original (not that it'd be hard to match a screenshot)

it's just someone who could log on his account, they could've seen it was in rabao before deleting the character and even logged in for a second to check specifically where if they wanted

would guess it's whoever's in his endgame shell and has his login, stole all his ***then did the run around figuring it could be passed off as a bug and it wouldn't cost them any personal relationships
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-05 07:22:29  
This is obviously a new character with the same name.

Whether someone did it to you, or you did it for giggles remains undecided.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-05 07:40:27  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Yep.

And it couldnt have been BM, he's gone thru way too many /yells to give it all up.

Also, I can verify this is Butmunch via chr = char, etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-05 07:57:11  
Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
is what butmunch looks like now
I just noticed he has a pearl. Whoever did this is a sack or knows someone in the LS who knew what happened.

EDIT: Unless BM got it himself, nvm me.
 Odin.Lusiphur
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-06-05 08:41:58  
Inb4 you get flagged and banned for the person or you POShacking their way to Rabao.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-06-05 08:51:53  
Bummer, sorry dude that sucks
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-05 10:02:04  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
you'd think they would have changed the passwords as a first item of business if taking over the account.

strange indeed, best of luck to you
Pantafernando said: »
Should just call a GM and tell the entire story.

If there is anything wrong with this, they should have backup to recover.

1. I'd everything short of guarantee if this is malicious, the intent was not to "take over the account"- the intent was for Butmunch to log on and see his char destroyed, so changing the passwords/login would have defeated that purpose. Otherwise, why go thru all the trouble of running them there?

2. I am going to say they sadly won't have backups as the char they have backups for is now gone- there's nothing to roll back to a prior state. I have seen this happen to someone about 2 and a half years ago. They spent almost 4 months trying to restore their char, and eventually just changed servers and rebuilt a new one with help from friends.

Best of luck in at least hunting down the how, and if lucky....the who. As for restoration, I do also wish for you to have better luck than the example I'm thinking of. Perhaps the change of regions from NA to EU can be of some proof, I honestly have no clue what SE's standards are regarding this level of blowup.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-06-05 10:16:54  
If I was a GM I would do this to every character with a silly name until I got caught and fired, and then just say I was doing my job to prevent people using silly names.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-05 10:25:31  
Starbucks said: »
If I was a GM I would do this to every character with a silly name until I got caught and fired, and then just say I was doing my job to prevent people using silly names.
Ever read http://bannable-offenses.blogspot.com/2006/04/ ?
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-05 10:47:21  
Oof
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
サーバ: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-05 12:03:05  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
someone who knew he was previously in Rabao, when he logged off, was able to access the character before he logged back on, and recreate the character in the creator after deleting the original (not that it'd be hard to match a screenshot)

it's just someone who could log on his account, they could've seen it was in rabao before deleting the character and even logged in for a second to check specifically where if they wanted

They still would've had to known he wasn't on the account, e.g. muling, in order to not kick him offline when they logged on.

I can't in any way understand a mindset that would cook up something like this.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2022-06-05 12:05:24  
This is definitely someone you know that's done this. They have thought you'd be outwitted by it.

Unfortunately, SE will likely recover the character and you'll find they have tossed all your stuff and you'll have to get a roll back.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-05 13:42:07  
I can't in any way understand a mindset that would cook up something like this.

Its not just a movie line. There truly are people who simply like to watch ***burn. I don't get it either, but they are out there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-05 14:06:36  
It's disappointing people are still doing goofy ***like this. BM is a cool dude that I can vouch for, it's a shame this nonsense still goes on. Hopefully GM can restore this and roll it back to pre-deletion.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-06-05 16:12:16  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Need to see /played receipts imo

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-05 19:18:02  
BM, keep us updated if you get your character back plz!
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-05 19:53:08  
i am still waiting to here back from SE
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-06-05 19:53:33  
IIRC this sort of thing was really common years ago, there were malware variants that would steal credentials for popular MMOs including WoW, FFXI, and EQ(2). Folks in 11 would login in front of the mailbox NPC (before you could do it from your MH) and all their valuable gear and gil gone (prior to gil send caps being introduced), pretty sure it traced back to RMT activity. They added the hardware tokens to mitigate it, something I always found a little funny since their use of these tokens predates my bank by several years (but also smartphones, which made implementing it easier).

I don't recall any of them ever going to the effort to drag their characters around to far reaching zones or hide their tracks in any way, though. IDK the implementation details, but it seems like a poorly thought out way of making it appear like a bug or corruption somewhere, given that I would assume any said bug or corruption that erased everything else wouldn't retain your last known position either. I could be wrong, though this isolated incident where everything is erased except your location makes it all seem intentional.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-05 20:10:26  
Assuming you're not trolling.

Looking at your profile, I'm guessing you had a ton of gil on your account. That makes you a primary target for making $$$

They got access, transferred it and deleted your character and remade it. Either to confuse you so they had time to sell your gil or because they wanted to get rid of as much evidence as possible.

They most likely pos warped you around to get where you were, so not like they had to take specific routes.

It is going to be someone you allowed access to your account

If you're running a merc system and have a stupid amount of gil / showing it off then you should have security keyfob attached to your account.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-05 20:17:50  
georgebush said: »
except his friends list is the same, and he still has his macros.

Is this true?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-05 20:20:03  
you had to reaquire a pearl from your LS? or....?
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-05 20:20:16  
yes its true
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-05 20:21:44  
ya i had my ls leader give me a pearl so i can tell them
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-05 20:26:00  
RadialArcana said: »
georgebush said: »
except his friends list is the same, and he still has his macros.

Is this true?
FL is tied to overall account, and macros are locally stored. and they are stored in the same 4 slots, i deleted one of my mains from PoL and added a different one instead, and it had same macros as the 1st one i had in slot.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7