my character went from 99 to 1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-05 20:26:28  
RadialArcana said: »
georgebush said: »
except his friends list is the same, and he still has his macros.

Is this true?

Wouldn’t your friend’s list be the same if you made a mule? Same account, so that’s not unusual. What I’m not sure is if you back up macros to a server, and then retrieve them on a mule, if it works that way. Same name and everything, would it not align to the duplicate character or no?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-05 20:28:19  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
georgebush said: »
except his friends list is the same, and he still has his macros.

Is this true?

Wouldn’t your friend’s list be the same if you made a mule? Same account, so that’s not unusual. What I’m not sure is if you back up macros to a server, and then retrieve them on a mule, if it works that way. Same name and everything, would it not align to the duplicate character or no?
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
and macros are locally stored. and they are stored in the same 4 slots, i deleted one of my mains from PoL and added a different one instead, and it had same macros as the 1st one i had in slot.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-05 20:30:03  
i have not backed up my macros in at least 3 or 4 months and ik i have done changes since then, like the night befor all this i made some changes to my cor macros for the v20 lion and ik i did not back them up but the changes are still there
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-05 20:34:46  
Check the date on your saved server macros. If the perp was being clever, they probably saved them right before deleting your character so it looked like a glitch. I’m not sure if it behaves that way, but worth checking the backup date
By RadialArcana 2022-06-05 20:35:59  
If you gave a "friend" access to your account, do not tell Square Enix that because they might refuse to rollback. That's probably who did this though, if you did.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-05 20:37:13  
Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
i have not backed up my macros in at least 3 or 4 months and ik i have done changes since then, like the night befor all this i made some changes to my cor macros for the v20 lion and ik i did not back them up but the changes are still there
they are stored locally.

there are 4 slots in PoL that saves all your local data including macros.

If you delete an entire account from the PoL log in section, and put a new character in it's place it will still have all of the old characters macros loaded into that character.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-05 20:47:39  
if it had been a rando attack, from some malware, they would have stripped you bare and not even bothered deleting your character.

You got hit by someone you know or knows your creds, and they wanted to make it sting.

A random person would have jacked all valuables and gil, and left the rest alone. you would still have all your r/e let alone job levels etc.

This seems very personal for whatever reason. be it RL or ingame.
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-05 20:52:39  
welp who ever it was made sure to make it sting lol
to be real i let 3 people use my char one is dead, the other one has not played in 2~3 years and the 3th from ik know we dont have any bad blood been friends for 6ish years now
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-05 21:00:43  
one is dead

I like that you kill people for *** with your FFXI game.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-05 21:02:10  
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-06-05 21:20:05  
to be real i let 3 people use my char one is dead, the other one has not played in 2~3 years and the 3th from ik know we dont have any bad blood been friends for 6ish years now

any of them live in EU?
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-05 21:21:19  
nope
 Asura.Chaostaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2022-06-05 22:13:05  
why is everyone acting like getting to rabao on a fresh character is hard? or anywhere really. Homepoint addon exists.. lol
teleport to any homepoint or survival guide (even if not unlocked). takes 3sec lmfao. if homeboy is down to ruin an account, why not use homepoint addon.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-05 22:22:07  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
why is everyone acting like getting to rabao on a fresh character is hard? or anywhere really. Homepoint addon exists.. lol
teleport to any homepoint or survival guide (even if not unlocked). takes 3sec lmfao. if homeboy is down to ruin an account, why not use homepoint addon.
That all got patched over a year ago. If anything they warped around to zone lines.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-05 22:38:41  
Who exactly is acting like getting to Rabao on a fresh character is hard?
[+]
By Slowforever 2022-06-06 00:20:09  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhKfnVcVHSk

11 minute mark, explains it all
[+]
By Mrxi 2022-06-06 02:02:52  
Mrxi said: »
Slowforever said: »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhKfnVcVHSk

11 minute mark, explains it all
That's just listing past bugs, none of which has to do with this. Around 14:10 makes more sense.
Makes sense in the way that you can do some pretty crazy things with loopholes if start there i guess. Makes even more sense to watch whole video in that case.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-06 02:28:12  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »

Even if this addon still worked unintended, I believe most people that made comments like "they ran your fresh char all the way to Rabao?" were merely stating that a person who takes the time to do that rather than just stripping the char and moving on isn't likely due to keylogger, its a much more personal touch. Thus making us wonder if its related to someone who knows the player in question.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-06 03:45:30  

Chnage your password.

Why do people just hand out their account details to multiple people, when they know it's worth tens of thousands of dollars?
 Valefor.Furyspawn
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-06 04:01:48  

Assuming that none of them handed out your account information, you've already eliminated one of three possibilities. Either your relationship isn't as good as you think it is with your six-year friend or the guy who left found a reason to come back, if briefly.

Chnage your password.

This. Very much this. And get 2FA on your account if you plan on getting it restored.
By Starbucks 2022-06-06 04:35:14  
Maybe the one guy faked his own death so that he could steal your ***and get away free?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-06 04:42:21  
Maybe this is an example of Mandela Effect.
 Leviathan.Supernads
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-06-06 04:44:04  
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-06-06 04:44:24  

Chnage your password.

Why do people just hand out their account details to multiple people, when they know it's worth tens of thousands of dollars?

Whoa, people seriously spend that much on an account???
By RadialArcana 2022-06-06 04:53:41  
Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
Assuming that none of them handed out your account information, you've already eliminated one of three possibilities.

Unless you know them irl and know they died as a fact, it could be any of them honestly.

I wish people would wise up and stop trusting others in unnecessary ways, the best friend you ever had for 10-20 years can be your worst enemy tomorrow under the correct circumstances.

There are people that are married for 10+ years and one day it falls apart and they hate each other from then on. Friendships are supposed to be different?

If you wouldn't give a person your house keys/car keys, don't give them your account details.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-06 05:10:30  
The only thing I could add for the trusting credentials to other is: if you plan to recover your account via GM, dont tell that someone else logged in your account and deleted it.

Instead, tell that you decided to delete it but then changed your mind and want to play again.

Because sharing account is a violation to ToS. So, less likely people will do anything for someone doing something explicitly told to not to be done.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7