users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » my character went from 99 to 1
my character went from 99 to 1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Butmunch
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-06 18:14:34  
can they even do a rollback if the char was deleted? but i send another email to them asking if they can still nothing yet just waiting
[+]
 Shiva.Haldarn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2022-06-06 18:15:13  
Do you get a rollback, or is it just a single item restore?

Genuinely my 2yo grabbed my controller once and dropped an item I had (wasn't anything particularly amazing) and a GM created a new one for me, but they said I only had one restore and that would be it so was I sure?
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-06 18:16:53  
Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
can they even do a rollback if the char was deleted? but i send another email to them asking if they can still nothing yet just waiting
I swore this came up years ago and they couldn't do a rollback if the account was deleted. I'm not willing to spend time digging for it though, it could of been a different forum even. So take it as you will.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-06 18:17:42  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
I swore this came up years ago and they couldn't do a rollback if the account was deleted. I'm not willing to spend time digging for it though, it could of been a different forum even. So take it as you will.

Dunno if it came up here, but this has happened before, and with the same final answer- the char was deleted not stripped, then a new char created in its place so there's nothing to roll back to.
By RadialArcana 2022-06-06 18:17:51  
https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=12457&ret=faq&id=20&la=1&pv=20&c=2&sc=309&q=Service&page=0

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/crs/

https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=78031&ret=faq&id=20&la=1&pv=20&c=2&sc=309&q=Service&page=0
[+]
 Shiva.Haldarn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2022-06-06 18:19:40  
Pro tier prank would be if your friend logged on and server transferred your character with the name of a mule, then made a new character on Asura and switched the content ID order round on the login screen.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-06-06 18:19:56  
Interesting
" Is it possible to modify the character data with the Character Reactivation Service?
Unfortunately, character data cannot be modified with the Character Reactivation Service. Character data such as status and inventory items will be restored to the same state as it was at the time of cancellation or deletion. However, if a character with the same name already exists in the World that the character is to be reactivated in, you must rename the character when you log into FINAL FANTASY XI."

Still might not be possible though since same POL ID but who knows. I'd bug them and bring this line of text up.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-06 18:20:03  

[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-06 18:24:54  
i mean i will keep trying but as of right now bm is gone
and ty yall for the info
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2022-06-06 18:34:15  
GetHelpNerd said: »
(none have even hit 10,000 dollars)

I'm not sure that's true. I feel like back in the day they got pretty high. I vaguelly remember $13k being one of the highest.

Asura.Chiaia said: »
" However, if a character with the same name already exists in the World that the character is to be reactivated in, you must rename the character when you log into FINAL FANTASY XI."

Something to note about this. If he deletes the new butmunch first there's a chance SE may accidentally restore the level 1 and not his original buttmunch. He should keep level 1 buttmunch alive until the restore is done, then delete it once it's been restored to free up the name. I've seen SE on a couple of occasions accidentally restore a level 1 with the same name. I had a friend who(this may have been before server transfers were a thing) wanted to reroll as a taru with the same name and deleted his character. Once he got back to the dunes on the taru he realized it was a huge mistake and deleted the new character, and tried to restore the old one, and they just restored the new one.
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-06-06 18:37:46  
i still have the lvl 1
[+]
By GwenStacy 2022-06-07 10:49:29  
sorry i delet your char bm
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-30 18:28:02  
So what was of this?
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2022-07-02 00:41:13  
Once the character data is overwritten with a new character, it’s gone forever.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-07-02 07:12:26  
Odin.Bangla said: »
Once the character data is overwritten with a new character, it’s gone forever.

Is this reactivation service not accurate? I am curious what came of any reactivation service attempt now too? This is right from their page:

Quote:

■ I created a new character with the same name as a character I had previously deleted. Can the previous character be reactivated?
Yes, as long as the character data is available. However, if a character with the same name already exists on the World a character is restored to, you will need to rename the reactivated character upon logging in.
Sounds like thats what the one time service is for trying? Or did the service fail?

(Note that its a separate special form link at the bottom of the page:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/crs/)
 Odin.Bangla
By Odin.Bangla 2022-07-02 07:15:46  
As far as I know, once the same character ID has been overwritten, they don’t have the data anymore. But that information is from years ago when I worked as a GM there.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-02 07:17:23  
I did it once. yes, that's how it works.

If you delete "Guy" make a new "Guy" then call and ask for the first "Guy" to be restored. You get to rename "Guy" when it's restored.

Same basic theory to server jump name change.

(if you do it on the same slot, I don't know what would happen. Also don't know the time frame in which it works, I did it same day for a free name change)
 Odin.Bangla
By Odin.Bangla 2022-07-02 07:19:30  
That’s great news then. Must have updated their service at some point.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-02 07:22:46  
I did that in.... 2006 or 2007
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [323 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-21 05:36:35  
I didnt read the entire thread but well... congrats i guess?
By Felgarr 2023-05-21 05:50:16  
How do people recall the accounts? I guess SE will do anything if you have the original registration codes?
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-21 05:50:43  
Asura.Naerie said: »
We found out what happened finally. It was just a straight transfer to bahamut server. The character 'butmunch' is now called Eisenzahn. It was all part of a long scam to get sympathy. The same player let his friend that was banned use his character Epixx, back in the v15 era, and then he recalled it and transfered it to bahamut server after it had gotten all the v25 clears. He got a nice little 4 box setup on bahamut now.

Hold up.
Put this out for me in a sequence please.

I think I know who this is lol
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-05-21 09:02:55  
Felgarr said: »
How do people recall the accounts? I guess SE will do anything if you have the original registration codes?

"recall" simply means that you login to SE website, change email and password, and never talk again to the dude that was using your character until that moment.
By DrGonzo 2023-05-21 12:51:28  
We found out what happened finally. It was just a straight transfer to bahamut server. The character 'butmunch' is now called Eisenzahn. It was all part of a long scam to get sympathy. The same player let his friend that was banned use his character Epixx, back in the v15 era, and then he recalled it and transfered it to bahamut server after it had gotten all the v25 clears. He got a nice little 4 box setup on bahamut now.

Bruh, Eisenzahn is my character from Ramuh back in 2005. What are you on. I made this char at launch...

I got sent this thread this AM and am like wtf?

*edit* Wait, did you just decide Im someone I was in a party with doing Odyssey last night? You just jumping in here, not even searching the character, which has item history back to 2012 on AH on Bahamut server...
[+]
By Dubaiii 2023-05-22 02:36:26  
DrGonzo said: »

Bruh, Eisenzahn is my character from Ramuh back in 2005. What are you on. I made this char at launch...

I got sent this thread this AM and am like wtf?

*edit* Wait, did you just decide Im someone I was in a party with doing Odyssey last night? You just jumping in here, not even searching the character, which has item history back to 2012 on AH on Bahamut server...

Azzeril = Epixx = Drevian, alt: Jaelynanna, Sheylyn Tihanys
Butmunch = Odysseuss alt: Xirxex

Stop with this *** Drama, and Weak attention seeking attempt in a 21 year old MMO.
By RadialArcana 2023-05-22 03:39:04  
Quote:
dying MMO

If I had a dollar for every time someone has said this over the years I would be in space with Beizos.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7