First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-18 11:48:20  
Putin On'the'ritz said: »
Cerberus.Hideka said: »
i apparently am not as the only BDS i know of is the anti-semitic slogan that the far left picked up in recent years, Boycot,Divest and Sanction, in regards to israel.

Bush Derangement Syndrome was all the rage in the early 2000s.
TDS is just BDS dialed up to 15.

I mean, you can't seriously contend that TDS doesn't exist.

I can show you a hundred clips of TDS occurring in the past day. That is how bad it is.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-18 11:49:14  
Putin On'the'ritz said: »
i've LITERALLY never heard it used. you are the first person i've EVER heard use it, and i was a democrat in the bush and obama era. not once lol

Yeah, if you'd spent some time on the right in those days, like I did, you'd have heard a lot of it. To be fair, these were the days before the rampant weaponization of social media, but it was definitely out there. Krauthammer was the guy who coined it, but people ran with it. I wasn't all that surprised to see it come back.
I'll admit, the term BDS wasn't used as much, but it still was used.

TDS though....
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-18 12:10:25  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »

In Portland, 'It's Like Stop and Frisk Meets Guantanamo Bay'
Protesters accuse federal officers in unmarked vehicles of making unlawful arrests

Quote:
(Newser) – Protesters in Portland, Oregon, say unidentified federal agents dressed in camouflage have been driving around in unmarked minivans and grabbing people off the streets. The US Marshals Special Operations Group and the Border Patrol Tactical Unit have been sent to Portland to protect federal property. But protesters describe being detained well away from federal property, where nothing is happening, per KPTV. Local accounts and videos suggest this has been happening since at least Tuesday, reports Oregon Public Broadcasting....
Federal agents... unmarked vans... snatching people off the streets....

Weren't we told Obama was going to do this?
That looks fake as ***. It looks completely staged.

And yes, I did watch the video.

thats what im sayin dude; it doesnt look legit. the car is a brown mom minivan, with literally mcdonalds bags in the dashboard. so much about this appears fake to me. it looks like they got some really convincing uniforms, and staged this.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2020-07-18 12:44:43  
I mean, the head of CBP is on Twitter saying yeah, that’s us, but sure, I bet you two can see the pixels or whatever
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-18 12:52:40  
Drama Torama said: »
Also, "deep fake". C'mon, man. Loosen up that tinfoil a bit, it's cutting off circulation.

His conspiracies appear to be endless.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-18 12:57:07  
I mean, the head of CBP is on Twitter saying yeah, that’s us, but sure, I bet you two can see the pixels or whatever
I didn't see the head of CBP say it's them.

All I did was watch the video Chanti quoted. I rather use video evidence than observation testimony.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-18 13:04:30  

Can you show me where the CBP Account is saying this?

https://twitter.com/cbp?lang=en
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-18 13:05:01  
Why google when you can just argue

So, I wouldn't know this ***at all, and I give no *** to research it tbh.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-18 13:13:24  
Sure, I can spoon feed you. It's from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/CBPMarkMorgan

Come on, just admit you were wrong. It won't hurt.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-18 13:14:22  

Can you show me where the CBP Account is saying this?

https://twitter.com/cbp?lang=en

That's not the head of the CBP's account.
By Viciouss 2020-07-18 13:15:48  
Damnit Rooks!
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-18 13:21:00  
Terlet Sangria said: »

well for one - i never said he didnt, simply that i couldnt find it on the official CBP twitter. thank you for providing it.

Second: you missed it on the last page where i said 'i could be wrong' before i said anything. But here i'll say it again:

Whoops, i was wrong.

i'm not like you or vic and can admit when i'm wrong.

CPB DID snatch someone suspected of committing a federal crime off of the street using a mom minivan.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-18 13:30:40  

I see his posts saying that he will protect the property and people inside federal buildings.

But for the life of me I cannot see that he stated that the agents in the video are his people. Or that the tactics used are what he called for.

To be blunt:

1) You have the CBP making an official statement about protecting federal property.
2) Sure, he wouldn't go over specifics about how they are doing it, and I don't care. However, I don't think that they would break federal law in the arrests they make, any defense attorney would have a field day if they break procedure and law in arresting people.
3) The video in question shows that, yes, there is 2 "officers" in question who arrested a protester. But there's something strange about that video, such as that the CBP's officers must have identification stating that they are the CBP (it's an armband), and that they are the police (there's a badge on the back of the jacket that specifically states "Police"). Evidence of this is actually provided by you, Rooks. Such as pictures from the CBP's head honcho showing said badge and armband, but on the video, those two identifiers are missing.
4) Let's not forget that the CBP has their own vehicles. Unmarked vehicles are common for all police, but those are used for staking out suspects, not general arrests. What happened was a general arrest, not a stakeout.

I don't deny that the CBP was making arrests in Portland. I do question the validity of the video in question, as THAT is what looks fake as ***.

Which is why I stated before:

That looks fake as ***. It looks completely staged.

And yes, I did watch the video.

I will admit if I'm wrong. I'm not questioning the events taking place in Portland. I'm questioning about this particular video that looks staged in the midst of this whole issue.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-18 15:23:47  

Portland Mayor to Trump: This Is 'an Absolute Abuse'
Words are flying after federal agents scooped up protesters in Oregon

Newser

Good 8 point rundown sourced from varied outlets.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-18 15:28:40  

Whoops, i was wrong....
Did it hurt?

Its real easy to run your own fact checks. I do. I am hardly ever wrong.

Its even easier to quote sources. I do that a lot. While the sources may be wrong it doesn't make ME wrong. Gullible perhaps but never wrong.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-18 15:54:58  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I am hardly ever wrong.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-18 16:53:19  
I have no doubt those are feds. What I have serious, beyond contestation doubt about is the people they are "grabbing" off the street are just peaceful, innocent people they are choosing at random. They should lock every one of these goons up until they release playtime is over and they can't just run around and do whatever the hell they want.
By volkom 2020-07-18 16:57:40  
peaceful protests
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-18 17:03:36  
While I understand the value of using outside sources to back up facts, I don't see the point in only using outside opinions to speak in your behalf just for the sake of "never being wrong". It's fine to share the occasional "here's something neat I found" article/video, but doing that excessively just seems kinda cowardly and counterproductive. If you think you're never wrong, you either have delusions of grandeur or you need to step up and speak your own mind more often without relying on pundits as a crutch.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-18 17:15:10  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
While I understand the value of using outside sources to back up facts, I don't see the point in only using outside opinions to speak in your behalf just for the sake of "never being wrong". It's fine to share the occasional "here's something neat I found" article/video, but doing that excessively just seems kinda cowardly and counterproductive. If you think you're never wrong, you either have delusions of grandeur or you need to step up and speak your own mind more often without relying on pundits as a crutch.

Especially when 85% of the posts are Op Eds posted by known and admittedly biased sources.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-18 17:40:55  

Are you actually advocating arguing with feelies over facts? That's the take away there.
By Prong 2020-07-18 17:43:17  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Are you actually advocating arguing with feelies over facts? That's the take away there.

No, he's saying just posting links to ***that agrees with your world view, then saying "I'm never wrong" is a cop out, being that you never are really contributing to the conversation. You're just taking shots from the crowd then hiding behind the ones in front.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-18 17:51:55  
I mean, why are you taking shots at all without facts.

No one cares about your (or anyones) opinions.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-18 17:53:16  
"those don't look like cops and that doesn't look like whats happening"

ok? no one cares, it IS whats happening. that's the only part that matters.
By Prong 2020-07-18 17:55:12  
I mean, why are you taking shots at all without facts.

No one cares about your (or anyones) opinions.

So YOU post a link with supposed facts on EVERY comment you make?

Of course you don't, you use your own reason and logic when arguing (sometimes knowledge but we can argue that later). You ONLY post links when there is something you are not 100% sure of or someone is refuting what you are saying.

There is a monumental difference between posting links to information when needed, and hiding behind Op Eds the majority of the time that you agree with and calling them facts.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-18 17:56:23  
"those don't look like cops and that doesn't look like whats happening"

ok? no one cares, it IS whats happening. that's the only part that matters.

Prong said: »
I have no doubt those are feds. What I have serious, beyond contestation doubt about is the people they are "grabbing" off the street are just peaceful, innocent people they are choosing at random. They should lock every one of these goons up until they release playtime is over and they can't just run around and do whatever the hell they want.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-18 18:11:49  
I mean if you want to argue about why they're doing it, that's fine.

You don't really need to bother, we know all the answers already. It's the left boogeymen, doing boogeymen things. The deepstate. Political theater. The media is lying.

Every single topic. We got it. Every time, we know, we got it. I promise. We heard it the 40th time, the 50th time, the 60th time.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-18 18:16:21  
Prong said: »

No, he's saying just posting links to ***that agrees with your world view, then saying "I'm never wrong" is a cop out, being that you never are really contributing to the conversation. You're just taking shots from the crowd then hiding behind the ones in front.

Yeah, I specifically differentiated between using links to backup facts and using others' opinions in place of your own. I'm not sure how Eiryl came to the conclusion that he did.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-18 18:18:39  
None of you bother to listen to anything that isn't backed up with a link.

Your first response after "the left did it" is "source?"
By Prong 2020-07-18 18:21:48  
I mean if you want to argue about why they're doing it, that's fine.

You don't really need to bother, we know all the answers already. It's the left boogeymen, doing boogeymen things. The deepstate. Political theater. The media is lying.

Every single topic. We got it. Every time, we know, we got it. I promise. We heard it the 40th time, the 50th time, the 60th time.

As i said on another topic, can you blame them sometimes? The Democrats (the left) and their media has made it so that, by their own actions these past 12 years, it's not really a stretch to question what they say, to question what is being shoved at you, when we find time and again, if you wait a little down the road, much of it is bullsh!t.

Now that isn't saying some of the conspiracy stuff even makes me cringe, but I can at bare minimum see why they might think it.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18