フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Riot 4: Rocky vs. Ivan
Riot 4: Rocky vs. Ivan
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-08-02 16:17:51  
I'm still using my white privilege card but it's close to maxed out and I don't live in London, Birmingham or Leicester so I'm not quite a minority yet to claim my victim card. Maybe next year, with serco and mears transporting illegals up and down the country.

Being called something doesn't make anyone a victim, just base your definition on something other than identity politics and virtue signals. People are multi dimensional, that's what the left doesn't get. I'm just stating facts and pointing out why it's not working and it's not helping your side in any way at all. The racist card is dead, nobody takes it seriously other than virtue signal activists and students and its extremely boring now, just like the boy who cried wolf. It's just the involuntary noise lefties make when they're offended in 2020. Language changes with time. That's on the people who use it.

What one to devalue next? Nazi is already grossly over used in my opinion, as if they are around every corner and hiding in every bush. You could probably push Nazi down 3 or 4 rungs on the ladder if you keep at it for a few more years. Transphobe is coming back with the JK Rowling thing so maybe not that one while it's on the upswing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-02 16:20:44  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But if you are going to do that, let's talk about left-wing terrorists, which, suprise!, Antifa is one of many organizations that is a part of....
OK, name me one person that any left wing terrorist group has killed in this country in this century.

Also... antifa is NOT an organization. No one here has even the slightest idea of what antifa is other than a bogyman.
You have the Symbionese Liberation Army, New World Liberation Front, May 19th Communist Organization, United Freedom Front, The Weatherman/Weather Underground* (although the only deaths caused by the Weatherman were to their own, but it was still for their "cause"), just to name a few....
*All last century. If you wish to include the 1900s there's about 3,000 lynching deaths alone.
Sure, let's pretend that liberal groups aren't violent because there hasn't been any murders reported by Antifa this year. There's no history, is there?

If we really want to walk down that road, we can always mention that the left has killed more people in the past 100 years than anyone else, including Hitler. Do you really want to go down that road?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-02 16:22:08  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well, some of us thought is was ridiculous then, but unfortunately many of you don't realize how ridiculous it is to think that some of those things will happen now.
Naw, that's not how it works.

If one conservative makes a claim like that, apparently we all do.

But if one liberal makes the claim that Trump will stop the election to stay in power, none have made it when it is pointed out in the future.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-08-02 16:45:05  
Semi-Related, or at least in the same vein. Sadiq Kahn, the Mayor of London has already done this for the London Mayoral Election (decide to postpone mayoral election until 2021, giving him another year in office without consent) and he's not even a politician. He is a far leftist Western Nation hating *** though. He could be the worst Mayor in history with the state of London now.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-02 16:45:42  
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Being called something doesn't make anyone a victim, just base your definition on something other than identity politics and virtue signals. People are multi dimensional, that's what the left doesn't get. I'm just stating facts and pointing out why it's not working and it's not helping your side in any way at all.

"Thats what the left doesn't get?" You can't say something like this then follow it up with a claim that your just "stating facts." Your stating your opinion, nothing more. Accusations aren't facts. There isn't anything the "right" gets that the "left" doesn't. All the things you think the left is guilty of, your side is just as guilty. When you try to claim otherwise, thats you playing the victim.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-02 16:59:07  
Viciouss said: »
All the things you think the left is guilty of, your side is just as guilty. When you try to claim otherwise, thats you playing the victim.

?

So, the past several years of you trying to paint how much worse the Right is than the Left was you playing the victim all along?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-02 17:25:38  
Annnnd KN takes the Oscar for goalpost moving!
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-08-02 17:32:47  
When that pattern of actions has repeated itself loudly and aggressively for the last ~decade+ (more openly pronounced in last 5), yes, it becomes fact. I was on what you would call the left until student activists hijacked my party and picked my side for me by defining me by what they perceived as my group identity based on colour, religion, gender and sexual orientation, assigning victimhood and oppresser points based on those (imutable characteristics I might add) and questioning this stuff became no go zones on punishment of banishment from the group.

I'd ALWAYS voted for parties on the left, because that's what people do(did) in the North East of England, and before then it wasn't infected with woke blame merchants, it was for working class people, coal miners, etc. Ie. The low class "labour" who keep the country running behind the scenes. If they want to play divide and conquer based on race, and religion, they can keep their shitty ideology and I'll vote for any party that's most likely to keep them out of power, regardless of what they get called, and so will the majority of the working class.

We've never looked down on people because of their race in the Northern Cities, the divide in the UK has always been economic, not racial. Everyone is the same colour on the way out of the coal mines, so character means everything where I come from, and respect is earned, not demanded. That's why the UK left has no hope of coming to power in the next 20 years after being called racist for voting a certain way by our left leaning parties. Well, that and Liebour have a bit of an anti-semitism problem and we have a large Jewish community with some of the most prestigious Jewish schools in the world here, so yeah that's not gone down well. Now the USA is probably going the same way with the state of the Dems (I mean, Joe Biden? Really?) until individualism is put front and centre again. (That goes for thought too, not just appearance.)

Remember individualism? Those were some great times. I'd like to go back there again some time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-02 17:35:55  
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-08-02 17:50:54  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-03 00:26:33  
You have never seen an antifa in your life.

Let Fox "news" define your thoughts, don't think for yourself, you will be fine.

Can we talk about this for a second...do you guys really think that there is no such group of people working in conjunction with one another via social media/etc. that bonds under the shell of, "Antifa?" Then why do they have a symbol? A flag? Why have I seen many, many photos and videos of people banding together, wearing almost identical clothing, yelling the same things while wearing these symbols? Do you really think they don't organize as a unit?

I mean if we can't even get passed this hurdle, how can we communicate on this topic at all? You keep ignoring the message by focusing on, "there's no such thing as Antifa." And, never addressing the actual message other than to give some snarky *** comment, presuming to know my television viewing habits.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-03 00:30:36  
How to form an Antifa Group.

Unless you can prove this website to be a farce, I read about 3/4 of the page and it didn't appear to be, this mentions "antifa group" numerous times. So, they may each have their own little "group" name, but they are all working under the guise of an, "Antifa group."

So, can we stop acting like these people are phantoms?
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-03 01:32:19  
Redneck Revolt
Rose City Antifa
RefuseFascism
Antifa Seven Hills
They have their own press even...
Torch Network

So yeah, acting like these groups under the umbrella of the antifa network don't exist...just stop.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-03 08:05:03  
https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-lives-matter-mural-set-190957167.html

Quote:
Tulsa City Council decided to remove the Black Lives Matter painting located in the Greenwood District after the mural was not granted city approval.
According to Tulsa World, chairman of the Tulsa County Republican Party, Bob Jack, sent a request to the city councilor and mayor about the process to create a pro-police "Back the Blue" mural in solidarity of the city's police department.

In a city council meeting on Wednesday, officials gathered to discuss granting license agreements to permit street paintings and the Black Lives Matter mural was on the agenda, according to Tulsa World.

The artist and organizer of the mural, Ryan Rhoades, along with volunteers didn't receive approval from the city to execute the painting on the street.
By volkom 2020-08-05 17:33:27  
So... anyone see the body cam footage of the George Floyd arrest?

Thoughts?
By volkom 2020-08-06 08:53:06  
/shrug guess not?

It seems your favorite twitter warrior Andy Ngo spoke with congress again. Guess what he posts online has some truth to it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-06 10:01:58  
volkom said: »
So... anyone see the body cam footage of the George Floyd arrest?

Thoughts?
volkom said: »
/shrug guess not?
I just watched it.

I really have no comment.
By volkom 2020-08-07 10:23:56  
I'm surprised news outlets aren't covering it as much. Guess the media and leftist got what they wanted out of the incident.

In other facts I don't like ~

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-mayor-condemns-rioters-for-attempting-to-commit-murder

Quote:
Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Thursday evening condemned the actions of rioters who attempted to set fire to a police precinct and blocked the exits while officers were inside.

“When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder," Wheeler said in a news conference with Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell.

these aren't rioters. they're peaceful protesters
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-10 01:00:19  
Wow, Wheeler actually said something that makes sense.

"You are creating the B-roll film that will be used in ads nationally to help Donald Trump during this campaign."
By Prong 2020-08-10 08:19:25  
Planned and coordinated looting in Chicago.

"Along the Magnificent Mile, people were seen going in and out of stores carrying shopping bags full of merchandise as well as at a bank, CBS Chicago reported, and as the crowd grew vehicles dropped off more people in the area. CBS Chicago reports that video shows multiple cars parked on the streets as people ran out and broke into stores. Former Bears player Patrick Mannelly witnessed the looting from his high-rise condo and saw cars driving up to a U-Haul truck and putting stolen goods into the trailer."

"Tom, the owner of Wabash Jewelers, told the station that the looting was coordinated. "There was no anger. They politely told me that were going inside," he said. He said the looters drove up in cars, carrying bricks to break the glass. As they left, they ran to nearby U-Hauls to put the stolen loot inside."

BLM musta already ran through Soros' $200+ mill.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-10 09:32:41  
Prong...

No evidence that BLM had anything to do with the looting.

Also no evidence that George Soros has anything to do with either BLM or this spate of looting.

LOTS of evidence that Soros is being used like the term "european bankers" ie: a scapegoat word for Jews.

So in the future, please refrain from slyly sliming Jews by blaming things on Soros. Come right out and say you are a screaming anti-semite and that we all suck.

Then you can find out what happened to the check for my cut of our world domination, OK?
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-10 09:39:58  
if blaming soros is equivalent to blaming the jews. then BLM are racists
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-10 09:45:43  
Well, since Antifa has hijacked the BLM protests, it is almost impossible to differentiate them at all.

Never mind that BLM has, on their website, promoted Marxist policies, which Antifa is also promoting Marxist policies, but since they do not claim to be a part of it (also, they never condemned it either, silence is violence, right?), it is very easy to conflate the two together.

Are all BLM protesters violent thugs? No. Is their messaging being destroyed by the looting? Yes.

Also no evidence that George Soros has anything to do with either BLM or this spate of looting.
Wrong.

So in the future, please refrain from slyly sliming Jews by blaming things on Soros.
Only you are claiming that. I don't care what religion Soros is, I'm not against him because of his religion. Just like how you and the left are not against the Kosh brothers (well, 2 of them now) for their religion. Just their political stances.

You are the first person who attributed the hate against Soros as an anti-semite ploy. Nobody, and I mean nobody I have heard of who is against Soros is against him because he is Jewish (personally, I don't even know or didn't know he is, I personally don't care).

So, claiming that people who are against Soros is anti-semite is the same as claiming anyone who is against Obama is racist. Which is the weakest argument you can ever make.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-10 09:47:59  
Prong...

LOTS of evidence that Soros is being used like the term "european bankers" ie: a scapegoat word for Jews.

So in the future, please refrain from slyly sliming Jews by blaming things on Soros. Come right out and say you are a screaming anti-semite and that we all suck.

Then you can find out what happened to the check for my cut of our world domination, OK?

At least they didn't try to blame Antifa right away this time?
By volkom 2020-08-10 09:54:44  
funny how the circle starts over again with race every time. If you have to bring race into things perhaps...idk
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-10 10:02:39  
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-10 10:28:14  
Well, since Antifa has hijacked the BLM protests, it is almost impossible to differentiate them at all.

Never mind that BLM has, on their website, promoted Marxist policies, which Antifa is also promoting Marxist policies, but since they do not claim to be a part of it (also, they never condemned it either, silence is violence, right?), it is very easy to conflate the two together.

Are all BLM protesters violent thugs? No. Is their messaging being destroyed by the looting? Yes.

Wrong.

So in the future, please refrain from slyly sliming Jews by blaming things on Soros.
Only you are claiming that. I don't care what religion Soros is, I'm not against him because of his religion. Just like how you and the left are not against the Kosh brothers (well, 2 of them now) for their religion. Just their political stances.

You are the first person who attributed the hate against Soros as an anti-semite ploy. Nobody, and I mean nobody I have heard of who is against Soros is against him because he is Jewish (personally, I don't even know or didn't know he is, I personally don't care).

So, claiming that people who are against Soros is anti-semite is the same as claiming anyone who is against Obama is racist. Which is the weakest argument you can ever make.

For the record, I didn’t know he was Jewish either. But here’s the funny thing about stereotypes. If you are the living embodiment of a negative stereotype, you can’t call me a racist for pointing out what you’re doing, especially if I never even mentioned your race. If Soros doesn’t want to be scapegoated for pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into these groups, maybe he should stop pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into these groups.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-10 10:35:53  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
For the record, I didn’t know he was Jewish either.
You will never catch me attacking a person based on their religion, because, frankly, I don't give a flying *** about it.

I know Chanti is Jewish, and only because she said so. Good for her. I'm glad she is religious. It doesn't affect me at all, nor is she trying to convert me into Judaism. Not that she shouldn't try (good luck!), but she won't because this isn't exactly the place to do it.

I have been with, and in some cases worked with, people who are fervent followers of their religion (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Shintoism, even one person who was a Satanist), and it didn't bother me one bit. There is a reason behind that, but I won't bore anyone with the details.

Point being, attacking somebody because of their religion is a very stupid argument to make. Claiming that somebody is attacking others because of their religion without proof, especially indirectly accusing me of doing it based on my political affiliation, is even more of a stupid argument to make.

Attack the person, not the group.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-08-10 10:43:00  
Prong...

This is the problem with identity politics and group think. An individual doesn't represent the views of every person in the groups he belongs to. Criticising someone who happens to be Jewish for their actions is not a slight against all Jewish people. Come on...

I don't get why some people attribute an individual with an entire group based on a single immutable characteristic. Talk about narrow minded. "This person belongs to this group, therefore he represents all people within that group". No.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-10 10:50:36  
if we like to paint groups with broad strokes then ~

antifa are fascists
BLM is racist
the far left are commies
the far right are nazis
protesters that are violent are rioters
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18