Election 2020 The Horse Race (Not Misspelled)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 33 34 35
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-15 09:13:34  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
We already established that Chanti has posted a conspiracy theory that is making rounds with the liberal left (Trump trying to stop the post office from delivering ballots so he can win the election) even though that is not what the article she posted stated if you actually read it.

So, put up or shut up.
I'm sorry. Trump said that's exactly what he is doing. Its not like he admitted it, he BRAGGED about it.

Trump said:
"They want $25 billion — billion — for the post office. Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," Trump said on Thursday, adding, "But if they don't get those two items, that means you can't have universal mail-in voting."
If something is true can it be a consparicy theory?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-15 09:14:40  
Paged!

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-15 11:16:07  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
We already established that Chanti has posted a conspiracy theory that is making rounds with the liberal left (Trump trying to stop the post office from delivering ballots so he can win the election) even though that is not what the article she posted stated if you actually read it.

So, put up or shut up.
I'm sorry. Trump said that's exactly what he is doing. Its not like he admitted it, he BRAGGED about it.

Trump said:
"They want $25 billion — billion — for the post office. Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," Trump said on Thursday, adding, "But if they don't get those two items, that means you can't have universal mail-in voting."
I'm sorry, but did anything in that quote said he isn't giving that money to the USPS?

Read it again. Does it say anything about not giving that money if it is voted and signed into law? He is making a statement on how inefficient they are currently.

That is a HUGE leap you are making from that quote.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-15 11:17:21  
Viciouss said: »
Everything Saevel has posted in this particular thread has been a baseless conspiracy theory backed up by no sources.
Put your money where your mouth is.

Prove to me that what Savael has posted is a conspiracy theory.

So, put up or shut up.

I already did that when I debunked both of you when Saevel was lying about mail in voting. Literally all of his *** claims about "blue haired twenty somethings" impossibly intercepting..what was the number he used..thousands of ballots...and filling them out and having them counted was a radical conspiracy theory that you stupidly hooked onto that was immediately shattered by signature verification.

Everything you and Saevel have made up about mail in voting fraud has been a bogus conspiracy theory. Which duh, Trump continues to lie about it, so of course his supporters will try to carry his water. So don't try to call me out for not caring about what Chanti posts when you guys have been outright lying about mail in voting.
Pointing out an apparent flaw in the mail in ballot system is not spreading a conspiracy theory.

I honestly don't think you know what that word means.jpg
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-15 11:20:00  
Not to mention the USPS already came out and said that it said that it cannot guarantee that mail-in ballots will arrive on time.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-15 11:23:15  
What about collecting and delivering the ballots safely and in a timely manner to election officials?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-15 11:27:04  
volkom said: »
What about collecting and delivering the ballots safely and in a timely manner to election officials?
Which would also require people to actually SEND them in in a safely and timely manner.

We still have millions of people who literally wait until the day of to file their taxes. That is the reason why IRS determines timely filing based on the post mark and not on the received date because, even when mailing in paper forms was still a thing, it would still take months for returns to come in.

Does anyone honestly think that the same postal service, who hasn't improved one bit since then, can handle even 20% of the country voting by mail? By the time the ballots finally come in, we would have already passed the January 20th deadline!
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-15 11:34:17  
I ordered a mug back in late may for fathers day. The USPS had it marked on their package tracker that they received the package and it was in processing. It's been held for so long that I went to the office and asked if they have it. They couldn't find it. So I reordered the mug and got it in 5 days by UPS
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-15 11:35:34  
Mail in ballots do not go cross country, they stay in county (in state in some places maybe) They take a couple days max.

It doesn't take months for that to happen. Absentee ballots are mailed much further and take longer.

Post office will lose ballots, obviously, inevitably. If you expect anything in america to be 100% or even 80% efficient you're crazy. It's the best you can do.

We're playing "least worst" here. The "least worst" option is losing some ballots.

Best option (and this is over generalizing) is ballot drop offs. Put a box at all the polling centers, with 24/7 camera surveillance, drive up, drop off, no contact. You still have to show up in person, camera will catch you dropping in multiple/return trips. No postal service required.
By volkom 2020-08-15 11:48:15  
Where are the mail in ballots made?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-15 11:50:51  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Mail in ballots do not go cross country, they stay in county (in state in some places maybe) They take a couple days max.

It doesn't take months for that to happen. Absentee ballots are mailed much further and take longer.

Post office will lose ballots, obviously, inevitably. If you expect anything in america to be 100% or even 80% efficient you're crazy. It's the best you can do.

We're playing "least worst" here. The "least worst" option is losing some ballots.

Best option (and this is over generalizing) is ballot drop offs. Put a box at all the polling centers, with 24/7 camera surveillance, drive up, drop off, no contact. You still have to show up in person, camera will catch you dropping in multiple/return trips. No postal service required.
I do scholarships for students at various schools.

I mailed out 40 checks on July 27th, some of which went to the same school, some to schools across the country.

Out of the 40 checks, as of yesterday 25 of them have been cashed. 2 schools in particular are in the same city as where I live in. Those 2 schools also have the largest number of checks associated with them, so there are more students who receive those checks for scholarships than others.

Guess what? Neither of those 2 schools have received the checks, even though they live in the same city and one of the 2 are even in the same ZIP code as where I mailed them out.

That was over 2 weeks ago, coming up 3 weeks now.

Do you honestly think the USPS can accurately deliver millions of ballots on time, even to the same ZIP code this way?

And before you say anything, I had 3 checks go out to schools that are out of state (Notre Dame, LA, and Albany), and they received their checks within days.

So, I do not place any trust on mail-in ballots going to the right location at the right time on time any time. They couldn't handle 40 mailings, why should they handle 100 million?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-15 11:52:29  
Talking about filled in ballots, sent from home to place they're counted.

Where they come from? *** if I know. Doesn't matter. Making fake ballots / Forging ballots is a non-existent problem (extremely minute, easily detectable) Ballots disappearing is the actual problem.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-15 11:54:21  

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-15 11:54:24  
Making fake ballots / Forging ballots
Thanks for bringing up another weakness in the system.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-15 11:55:59  

So, you are willing to accept a less than 80% success rate then.

Going from a 99.99%+ success rate system to a >80% success rate system because it benefits you and makes it easier to commit fraud?

That's your argument?
By Viciouss 2020-08-15 11:56:34  
Everything Saevel has posted in this particular thread has been a baseless conspiracy theory backed up by no sources.

So, put up or shut up.

I already did that when I debunked both of you when Saevel was lying about mail in voting. Literally all of his *** claims about "blue haired twenty somethings" impossibly intercepting..what was the number he used..thousands of ballots...and filling them out and having them counted was a radical conspiracy theory that you stupidly hooked onto that was immediately shattered by signature verification.

Everything you and Saevel have made up about mail in voting fraud has been a bogus conspiracy theory. Which duh, Trump continues to lie about it, so of course his supporters will try to carry his water. So don't try to call me out for not caring about what Chanti posts when you guys have been outright lying about mail in voting.
Pointing out an apparent flaw in the mail in ballot system is not spreading a conspiracy theory.

Nice try, but making ***up about x amount of "blue haired twenty something's" somehow intercepting and using mail in ballots to cast votes is indeed a huge conspiracy theory. But it's ok, Saevel has been lying for years about voter fraud in one form or another. Usually it's California allows voter fraud to occur because it doesn't affect elections. So this is nothing new.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-15 11:58:25  
I mean, we already established that voter fraud is rare (nobody is contending with that, nobody here ever did).

But opening up a new system that allows fraud to occur, along with the drastically reduced rate of actually counting the votes, does not make the new system better.

Why are people thinking that mail-in ballots are the way to go when it is shown to be much worse than the old way?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-15 11:58:33  

Going from a 99.99%+ success rate system to a >80% success rate system because it benefits you and makes it easier to commit fraud?

That's your argument?

3rd time:

By volkom 2020-08-15 11:59:11  
Lol. Okay so theres a facility in Arizona that prints ballots. I'm sure they're not the only place that does it but they will produce like 80M ballots. So how are they going to ship the ballots? Are they going to the county to then be dispersed to voters? What if theres a delay? A shortage? Misprint? What if they send the ballot to the wrong address and you dont get one? Will you go to the polls to cast a vote?

Why can you have thousands in the streets and be immune but you'll die if you go to voting booth
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-15 12:00:34  
The same people who are protesting, are not 100% of the voters.

You can have people protesting, and people afraid to be outside, at the same time.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-15 12:00:54  

So, put up or shut up.

Nice try, but making ***up about x amount of "blue haired twenty something's" somehow intercepting and using mail in ballots to cast votes is indeed a huge conspiracy theory. But it's ok, Saevel has been lying for years about voter fraud in one form or another. Usually it's California allows voter fraud to occur because it doesn't affect elections. So this is nothing new.
So, ballot harvesting doesn't exist to you then.

You already establish and have a long history of establishing your lack of understanding of reality, so this doesn't come as a surprise.

But the level of obscure thinking you portray goes well beyond my expectations.

You really need to start facing reality, the longer you go against it, the harder it will hit you when you have to hit it.
By Viciouss 2020-08-15 12:01:45  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

So, put up or shut up.

Trump said:
I'm sorry, but did anything in that quote said he isn't giving that money to the USPS?

Read it again. Does it say anything about not giving that money if it is voted and signed into law? He is making a statement on how inefficient they are currently.

That is a HUGE leap you are making from that quote.

Yes actually, he is talking about his opposition to funding the USPS. He is not making any statements on how "inefficient they are currently." He is directly opposing funding the USPS. Now of course Trump flipflopped on that the very next day, and I have no doubt he will continue to flip flop on it because thats what he does. But in Chanti's quote, he was opposing funding the USPS, stating directly that if they don't get money they can't have mail in voting. Pretty easy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-15 12:03:34  

That's your argument?

3rd time:

I'm pointing out that your argument is incredibly weak.

But keep defending it. Don't be surprised when the outcome is worse than even you imagined.
By Viciouss 2020-08-15 12:05:09  

So, put up or shut up.

So, ballot harvesting doesn't exist to you then.

You already establish and have a long history of establishing your lack of understanding of reality, so this doesn't come as a surprise.

But the level of obscure thinking you portray goes well beyond my expectations.

You really need to start facing reality, the longer you go against it, the harder it will hit you when you have to hit it.

Ballot harvesting was made legal in California just recently, Saevel's ***, false claims precede that by quite a bit. Also, to reemphasize, ballot harvesting is not voter fraud. It hurts your feelings I know, but its a legal practice. Again, thats two separate conspiracy theories put forth by you and Saevel, and both have gone down in flames.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-15 14:23:23  
volkom said: »
Where are the mail in ballots made?
According to Trump in China.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-16 14:29:16  
https://www.yahoo.com/news/barack-obama-reportedly-said-dont-025732889.html
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-16 21:32:48  
I have some bad news and some good news.

There's this job I've been wanting for awhile that is going to be opening up soon (or so everyone seems to think). I applied for the job, as did several others. One of the guys who also applied I told those hiring he is a bit inappropriate with children and ladies and that he has sexual assaulted women. But, for whatever reason, it seems he's the one they have decided to hire. That's the bad news.

Here's the good news! That same fella asked me to be his assistant...and I've accepted!!
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-16 22:57:04  
This is a really interesting story. AND, I specifically sought out the CBS News one, so nobody who doesn't like it's take can blame political conservative bias.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-16 23:57:35  
nothing wrong in that video. they got 97% of the ballots back. its close enough
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-17 00:03:22  
97% is better than you should even expect. As far as "oh noes we lost 3%" You should be ecstatic they only lost 3%
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 33 34 35