Election 2020 The Horse Race (Not Misspelled)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35
By Viciouss 2020-08-28 13:40:30  
Considering how much trouble he seemed to have getting sentences out in the correct order, I don't think it proved anything of the sort. Unless you count the inability to read a teleprompter as something. But at least you tried.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-28 13:44:57  
Viciouss said: »
Considering how much trouble he seemed to have getting sentences out in the correct order, I don't think it proved anything of the sort. Unless you count the inability to read a teleprompter as something. But at least you tried.
I know, right?

It's sad that Biden can't even do that right.

I feel very sorry about your boy Biden.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-28 13:58:26  
Yeah, you should see how bad Biden goofs up even the simple things whenever he crawls out of his hole, such as his recent confusion of Jacob Blake with Kyle Rittenhouse.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-28 13:59:31  
I wonder if Jacob Blake was even mentioned at the RNC? I'm betting on no.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-28 14:15:14  
I wonder if Jacob Blake was even mentioned at the RNC? I'm betting on no.

You lost the bet, then. Ben Carson brought it up and used the words of Blake’s mother in his speech.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-28 14:29:05  
Was he the only one? Cuz that's on the last day of the convention. I mean, no one expected Trump to care, although I'm sure he tried his Lincoln comparison again, but no one else cared to mention him? I'm sure they focused on those rioters tho.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-28 14:53:43  
Was he the only one? Cuz that's on the last day of the convention. I mean, no one expected Trump to care, although I'm sure he tried his Lincoln comparison again, but no one else cared to mention him? I'm sure they focused on those rioters tho.

So what? It’s not like the only things worth talking about are things that just barely happened. Beyond that, we don’t even have all the facts yet. Uninformed platitudes don’t help anyone.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-28 15:00:26  
That was the big deal out of doing the speeches live though, remember Trump tried to criticize the DNC for having taped speeches, only to turn around and have the majority of the RNC speakers deliver taped videos as well. Whats the point of doing it live, if you're just going to ignore current major events?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-28 15:07:49  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yeah, you should see how bad Biden goofs up even the simple things whenever he crawls out of his hole, such as his recent confusion of Jacob Blake with Kyle Rittenhouse.

Only two things need to be said.

Quote:
if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black

Quote:
Unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things

There is no amount of spin or selective amnesia that can erase that.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-28 15:19:37  

[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-28 15:20:47  
And yet Biden still enjoys tremendous support within the black community. But I'm sure those quotes are important to someone.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-28 15:31:19  
And yet Biden still enjoys tremendous support within the black community. But I'm sure those quotes are important to someone.

I wouldn’t call it “tremendous”. I just did a quick search, and it seems that polls show he has less black support than Clinton did, and they also show a particular weakness among young black voters. I’ll need to do some comparisons on my own, but a waning amount of support that goes down with age doesn’t exactly bode well, even if the overall community still has a clear Democrat majority.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-28 15:38:39  
I'm willing to bet Biden does better than Clinton did when it comes time to actually vote. So yes, I would still call it tremendous support, especially stacked up against Trump. I don't think anyone should be worried about young black people voting for Trump.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-28 15:55:21  
I'm willing to bet Biden does better than Clinton did when it comes time to actually vote. So yes, I would still call it tremendous support, especially stacked up against Trump. I don't think anyone should be worried about young black people voting for Trump.

Yeah, you go ahead and make more bets based on wishful thinking. And what does Trump have to do with it? Did you ever consider the fact that weaker support could for Biden could mean they just, you know, don’t vote at all? It’s not like someone is forcing then into a box and making them pick one.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-28 16:48:26  
It’s not like someone is forcing then into a box and making them pick one.

Well apparently that was Biden's idea...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-08-28 16:57:35  
volkom said: »

I saw that online as well!

I believe these are photoshopped, because when you go to the actual Wisconsin Sex Offender Registry and search by name, nothing comes up under Rosenbaum.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-28 17:46:10  
The Wisconsin site may or may not be photoshopped (do they remove the info post mortem? I dunno), but you can see his criminal record using the AZ inmate data search.

Inmate#172556
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-28 18:06:37  
Does it really matter? He was murdered, and his killer is staring down a mandatory life sentence.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-28 18:18:52  
Does it really matter? He was murdered, and his killer is staring down a mandatory life sentence.

I was just clarifying for the sake of knowledge. I'm not happy that he got gunned down.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-28 18:47:18  
Vigilante, volunteer, terrorist: how the US media covers Kyle Rittenhouse

The teen has been charged with shooting and killing two protesters in Kenosha, but it hasn’t stopped some pundits from trying to humanize him

The Guardian

Or victimizing his kills.

I searched "kyle rittenhouse victims fact check" and it seems that there is nothing about the sex offender claim.

I did find this: Did Kyle Rittenhouse break the law by carrying an assault-style rifle in Kenosha?
Politifact

Searching "Joseph Rosenbaum fact check" I found no fact checks but two posts, both over a day old, with the sex offender claim, one of those refuting it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-28 18:50:30  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

The teen has been charged with shooting and killing two protesters in Kenosha, but it hasn’t stopped some pundits from trying to humanize him

The Guardian

I searched "kyle rittenhouse victims fact check" and it seems that there is nothing about the sex offender claim.

I did find this: Did Kyle Rittenhouse break the law by carrying an assault-style rifle in Kenosha?
Politifact

Searching "Joseph Rosenbaum fact check" I found no fact checks but two posts, both over a day old, with the sex offender claim, one of those refuting it.

I literally just linked the AZ database where you can see his criminal record for yourself. No fact-checker needed, it's a first-hand source.
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-28 19:36:49  
not surprising ~ left trying to protect another pedo
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-08-28 19:48:22  
Wat
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-08-28 20:22:53  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-08-28 23:03:34  
volkom said: »
not surprising ~ left trying to protect another pedo

Donald Trump was a democrat in this photo.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-28 23:11:56  
That's the best retort you can give?
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-29 22:16:01  

Does it matter if someone is a registered pedo? Hell yeah it does. Like Alton Sterling, that guy got killed by cops but it was just a long time coming, after impregnating a 14 year old when he was 21. Sick people like that don't deserve to share the oxygen the rest of us breathe and if you don't believe that, then you're worse than just a bad forum troll. This was a karma killing. You step into that fire enough times in life, you deserve whatever you get.
By Prong 2020-08-29 22:36:21  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

The Guardian

Politifact

At first honestly, I was ALL IN on just blaming this kid for being dumb, militant and shooting a couple people over an argument. Then, I started digging last night and didn't just take what was being presented to me by the TV press at face value.

1) All 3 who he shot were either pursuing or attacking the shooter with the apparent intent to do harm.

Now, the first one he shot based on video/first hand witness accounts seemed to be a mix of him violently pursuing the boy along with the fact SOMEONE (the journalist who was right behind Rosembaum"The Pursuer" stated) fired a gunshot. He could not tell if it was just shot into the air or at Rittenhouse "The Shooter," but he stated it was at that exact moment Rittenhouse stopped fleeing Rosembaum, turned to face Rosembaum, Rosembaum lunged at (apparently attempted to grab) Rittenhouse's weapon, so the boy dodged the attempt, then fired 4 shots, one hitting Rosembaum in the head. The journalist stopped to help Rosembaum and he said Rittenhouse circled around a car, then came back, pulled a phone from his pocket and called 911, then fled due to more attackers pursuing him.

2) From multiple videos, some clearer and more up close than others, it appears Huber "Man with the Skateboard" after Rittenhouse was struck in the head by a protester and fell, Huber came up from behind Rittenhouse with his skateboard in both hands. It appeared at least he was trying to swoop in to knock the weapon away from Rittenhouse or grab it, but at the last second, a black male swung by from the opposite direction and kicked Rittenhouse in the neck/shoulder area, then basically tripped up Huber as he ran away. Huber then seemed to actually stumble over the back of Rittenhouse, then Rittenhouse shot him as he stumbled over him. I assume he'd thought Huber had been the one who struck him in the head and watching the video, it would be quite understandable why he'd think that.

3) Then finally, Gaige Grosskreutz. the man Rittenhouse shot in the right bicep, the close up video clearly shows Grosskreutz pulling out a pistol and starting to aim it at Rittenhouses head as he sat on the street after being kicked in the head. Rittenhouse then raises his weapon and shoots Grosskreutz in the arm. Grosskreutz is later heard stating to his friend at the hospital, "The only regret I have is I wasn't able to pull the trigger and kill him." So, the boy had every right to defend himself in that case.

Rittenhouse was not in WI because he was "shipped in from Illinois" as some of the media is claiming. He was there as a volunteer local pool lifeguard that day while being part of a volunteer group who had come to help clean up grafitti that was created by the protests. Also, he did not bring the gun with him across state lines, a gentleman who owned a gas station a couple auto "shops" had put out a call (how it was not clear) that he needed help to stop protesters from vandalizing what was left of his property, so Rittenhouse and his friend attained weapons and went to help the business owner protect his shops, while offering first aid to anyone who needed it. Where he got the guns from, it did not say.

Now, I don't know what the laws on guns are in WI and honestly, I'm still pretty meh on the idea of some random 17 year old heading towards a potentially dangerous situation with heightened emotions, while carrying a loaded automatic weapon, but the facts I found clearly would get him off from, "first degree murder with intent" charges, which is what the DA filed on two of the counts.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-29 22:46:22  
Yeah, it's not a cut-and-dry case like people want it to be. I still think he'll serve his share of time in prison, but first degree murder will be tough to prosecute.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-29 22:53:44  
Yeah, it's not a cut-and-dry case like people want it to be. I still think he'll serve his share of time in prison, but first degree murder will be tough to prosecute.

Right and like I said, I'm still not pro-seventeen year old vigilante non-deputized hero boy, even though I agree that something needs to be done more than the cops are willing to do in order to stop the tide of morons destroying businesses. I'm sure he broke some laws and is going to serve some time, I just doubt the first degree murder charges are going to stick. Especially since two conservative groups, one guns rights group out of Colorado, already have raised combined about $200k+ for his legal fees. He'll most likely get a decent lawyer who, with what I found in just 40 mins of research, will tear that first degree murder charge apart.
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35