Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 53 54 55
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-07 19:15:29  
clearlyamule said: »
Are these references a frozen reference?

They are now!

(A former moderator used that as his "calm the *** down up in here" line. His legacy is... complicated. Where you come down on that era depends on your stance on strict moderation, really.)
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-07 19:15:38  
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 19:16:48  
Instead of seemingly every single day, every single thread telling people to "chill" maybe eliminate the problem people.

I mean seriously, how long are you going to put up with it. Lock this thread, lock that thread, nuke this thread, warn that thread. It's pretty clear there is no self control. And while you don't want to "shrink the base" pruning improves the over all health of the plant.

(No that is not a thinly veiled genetics comment, it's simply commentary on the very obvious current problem)

You cant even have a conversation without the automatic reply of "nuh uh", "no u", or "the left" Just the bare minimum isn't even being met.
Administrator
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-07 19:29:54  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
maybe eliminate the problem people

That's your solution to everything
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-07 19:30:35  
my dude, you sat here full heil hitler - eugenics is the (final)solution! less than a month ago. you have to realize that if anyone would fall into 'problem people' it would be you.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2020-07-07 19:32:49  
Slightly more seriously, the mods and I take a much lighter hand in here by design. This section is mostly walled off from the rest of the site, and we already had to turn off ads for it, so it's not like it can cause MORE problems in that regard, so as long as people basically bicker within acceptable parameters it's not that big a deal, and no one really expects things to be taken seriously.

Like, KN and Vic go knives out at each other in here without hesitation, and if you look in the XI sections, they get along fine. Accept this place for the kabuki it is.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 19:42:22  
Drama Torama said: »
Accept this place for the Bukakke that it is.

FTFY
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Exodus
By Putin On'the'ritz 2020-07-07 19:43:19  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »

FTFY

More than one thing can be true.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 19:54:20  
Putin On'the'ritz said: »

FTFY

More than one thing can be true.

schrodinger's forum subsection... this thread is like that since Byrth stopped contributing. Lots of political opinions not a whole lot talk about the data. But it’s in the PnR section so technically it’s on topic.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-07 20:37:48  
No matter what website says "quote Washington State Police had closed the freeway" it's not good enough.

You apparently need legal papers that clearly state cop cars blocked the road, and pictures of it happening.

https://www.wsp.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/070420-WSP-Detectives-Seeking-Witnesses-to-I-5-hit-and-run.pdf

Quote:

The WSP closed both directions of I-5 for protest activity at 11:56 p.m. on July 3rd

. This was the 19th consecutive night protesters had entered I-5, and often times multiple times each night. As protesters were gathered along the SB lanes of I-5 a passenger car,that appears to have entered I-5 from an exit ramp,drove through the group striking two protestors at a high rate of speed.

Quote:
WSP CaptainRon Mead, District 2 Commander,addressed the media about this morning’s tragedy. He reiterated Chief Batiste’s messagesfrom May 30thand again June 27ththat the WSP is exercising the safest means possible to avoid injuries or worse to motorists, protesters,

WSDOT personnel and our troopers by closing the roadway as needed and separating protestors and vehicular traffic.

You can answer a simple question without being jerky (or perhaps you can't).

I'm actually shocked you took the official police report at face value, being that, you know, cops wrote it. Odd how now suddenly they can be trusted.
By Prong 2020-07-07 20:40:57  
Slightly more seriously, the mods and I take a much lighter hand in here by design. This section is mostly walled off from the rest of the site, and we already had to turn off ads for it, so it's not like it can cause MORE problems in that regard, so as long as people basically bicker within acceptable parameters it's not that big a deal, and no one really expects things to be taken seriously.

I was actually wondering about this today, and you kind of touched on it with the "ads" thing. How does this website stay afloat? I mean, SOMEONE has to be flipping the bill I suppose, sites usually aren't just hosted for free.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 21:03:01  

Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 21:04:41  
Way to go on getting those rookie numbers up Austin.
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 21:13:21  
Hospitalizations are easily the biggest problem right now, at least Texas is releasing the numbers, the cowardly Governor of Florida isn't even making them public in his state, but rest assured they are doing worse than Texas. Here Abbott is just crying about how local officials are questioning the legality and enforceability (WORD INVENTION) of his mask mandate. The language of the order is..questionable, making it difficult to enforce.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 21:18:34  
Well it looks like Florida, Texas and California are in race to surpass New York with CA in the lead by wide margin while Texas edged passed Florida today. Meanwhile Arizona and Georgia are battling it out to be in the top 5.

In the words of Trump: SAD!
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2020-07-07 21:27:27  
Prong said: »
I was actually wondering about this today, and you kind of touched on it with the "ads" thing. How does this website stay afloat? I mean, SOMEONE has to be flipping the bill I suppose, sites usually aren't just hosted for free.

We still have ads on non-forum pages, and the GW premium money. We also take pains to keep AH/GW as efficient as possible so we can get away with more modest hardware specifications.

Ads on the forum pages had to go away, because P+R was getting us flagged so often there was concern we'd get cut off entirely.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 21:32:11  
Terlet Sangria said: »

Because its the optimal route.
Ads on the forum pages had to go away, because P+R was getting us flagged so often there was concern we'd get cut off entirely.
See even your ads had to be adjusted for the whole site because P&R has no modicum of control. Thats a big obvious red as hell flag one would think.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 21:36:54  

See even your ads had to be adjusted for the whole site because P&R has no modicum of control. Thats a big obvious red as hell flag one would think.

If you really want to see why just stop posting for a week or two. It turns into something akin to Voat and r/incels real fast.
By Prong 2020-07-07 21:39:08  

We still have ads on non-forum pages, and the GW premium money. We also take pains to keep AH/GW as efficient as possible so we can get away with more modest hardware specifications.

Ah, I just always wondered how the site was funded. That's interesting. Thanks!
By Prong 2020-07-07 21:42:17  

Dude, come on now. If you are somehow insinuating that you are NOT in the mix of those who needs reigned in, you are more than just a troll, that's borderline delusional. 90% of your posts, even the ones NOT in this P&R section, are intentionally antagonistic in nature and wording.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-07 21:53:02  
Here is IMO is a pretty interesting site I found that at least appears to be non-politically partisan in nature regarding Covid numbers.

https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

I haven't taken the time to look over the entire list but, from the top quarter or so I have looked at, it's almost like the amount of Covid cases increase in relation to the amount of tests that are recorded as being performed on each given day.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 22:30:47  
I haven't taken the time to look over the entire list but, from the top quarter or so I have looked at, it's almost like the amount of Covid cases increase in relation to the amount of tests that are recorded as being performed on each given day.

On scale of “stoned” to “lucid tautologist”, how baked are you/were you, when you typed that out?
By Prong 2020-07-07 22:33:31  

On scale of “stoned” to “lucid tautologist”, how baked are you/were you, when you typed that out?

I don't have access to pot, but honestly, other than you just trolling for the sake of being snarky, I have zero idea what you are talking about.
By Prong 2020-07-07 22:37:04  
[quote="Shiva.Zerowone"[/quote]

Also, do you actually live in Sierra Leone? Always wondered just because I was always under the impression those "nation" flags are for you to state what nation you reside in, but I personally know several (most of an LS actually) people on my server who I know for a fact were born in the US and have lived here their entire lives yet, they chose flags from other countries, I assume linked to their family lineage or something.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 22:37:55  

I don't have access to pot, but honestly, other than you just trolling for the sake of being snarky, I have zero idea what you are talking about.

You seemed pretty smacked to be redundantly stating the basic concept of testing and documenting results.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 22:42:24  

Also, do you actually live in Sierra Leone? Always wondered just because I was always under the impression those "nation" flags are for you to state what nation you reside in, but I personally know several (most of an LS actually) people on my server who I know for a fact were born in the US and have lived here their entire lives yet, they chose flags from other countries, I assume linked to their family lineage or something.

Maybe I’m in your linkshell then.

Think of it like a two pronged assault on your sensibilities.

People are silly. I wouldn’t give the flags too much thought. I’m an American mongrel mix of Swedish German Spanish and French.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-07 22:45:01  

He missed the obvious point that the phrase "it's almost like" is often an indication of sarcasm.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-07 22:48:19  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

He missed the obvious point that the phrase "it's almost like" is often an indication of sarcasm.

Bingo.
By Prong 2020-07-07 22:49:31  
I'm sure many have already seen this but, I'll just put it up here because it's refreshing that someone in power at least admits it.

By Prong 2020-07-07 22:50:09  
This is why I need an edit button....

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 53 54 55