Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 13:12:13  
Quote:
The Washington State Patrol said the driver may have entered the freeway going southbound through an off-ramp to avoid barriers that were in place.

Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2020-07-07 13:12:50  
Last I checked, it was not Coronavirus Memorial Highway (but hey, things move pretty fast these days, so who knows). Start a new thread if you two want to avoid each other's questions about road closures.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 13:17:27  
It's pretty obvious whats going on here, only have yourself to blame for this one letting him back in P&R
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 13:17:27  
Drama Torama said: »
Last I checked, it was not Coronavirus Memorial Highway (but hey, things move pretty fast these days, so who knows). Start a new thread if you two want to avoid each other's questions about road closures.

wtf you just said it was ok >.>
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-07 13:21:26  
Viciouss said: »
wtf you just said it was ok >.>

I said a new thread was okay.

Drama Torama said: »
If there's enough to talk about, go for it. The rule of thumb is not to have multiples on the same topic. Four concurrent might be a bit much if it's the same 8 people in it all the time, but if there's things y'all want to talk about with that, have at it.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's pretty obvious whats going on here, only have yourself to blame for this one letting him back in P&R

I think I'd avoid suggesting too much introspection into who's allowed to post in this section. Like, that's not even aimed at you, just maybe something everyone should consider.

Also, I banned him from it for two years, man. I detonate people with more frequency than I'd like. Am I really that soft on crime?
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 13:26:51  
Cruz Missive said: »
Also, I banned him from it for two years, man. I detonate people with more frequency than I'd like. Am I really that soft on crime?

No but your well placed intentions of being a neutral arbitrator are constantly being taken advantage of by bad actors.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 13:27:36  
Alright. We can go back to covid then, it's not like there isn't constant news about it.
By Prong 2020-07-07 13:53:46  
Bottom line, the source I read and posted (and it wasn't Fox News) made it quite clear that the highway was not, "officially" closed with lights flashing, police barricades, etc. If the source I posted says differently, point it out, I missed that.

No, I didn't then decide to peruse 10 other sources to back that source's claims or try and find one that sounded MORE like it was official. That doesn't mean I was intentionally trying to skew some "narrative" or w/e so anyone who claims this can kiss my...

That's the problem these days with, "the news." Every source is so inundated with the author's opinion, be it to one side or the other, It's hard to believe any of it unless I was there and saw it with my own two eyes.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 14:04:24  
This is the distinction;

You're allowed to be wrong. You didn't see it, you didn't look for it, you only found what you wanted to find.

KN knew it, found it, was shown it, and keeps going "nuh uh" for 20 posts. That's *** ridiculous.

And it's not a "one off" or isolated incident or even just one person doing it.
By Prong 2020-07-07 14:14:00  
IS there a source though that specifically states, "The night of the incident, the highway was blocked off by state troopers/police with easily visible lights/police vehicles.." or something similar?

I honestly have not read every single source you posted yet, but I can't find one that does. There are a few sources that said the highway "had" been (in the recent past) blocked with some barricades, but it doesn't state if that was on that day, or even at night with highly visible police/highway patrol presence. They all seem to insinuate the "vehicles" he went around were protester placed.

Not arguing, just looking for more detailed articles with zero ambiguity.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 14:41:12  
No matter what website says "quote Washington State Police had closed the freeway" it's not good enough.

You apparently need legal papers that clearly state cop cars blocked the road, and pictures of it happening.

https://www.wsp.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/070420-WSP-Detectives-Seeking-Witnesses-to-I-5-hit-and-run.pdf

Quote:

The WSP closed both directions of I-5 for protest activity at 11:56 p.m. on July 3rd

. This was the 19th consecutive night protesters had entered I-5, and often times multiple times each night. As protesters were gathered along the SB lanes of I-5 a passenger car,that appears to have entered I-5 from an exit ramp,drove through the group striking two protestors at a high rate of speed.

Quote:
WSP CaptainRon Mead, District 2 Commander,addressed the media about this morning’s tragedy. He reiterated Chief Batiste’s messagesfrom May 30thand again June 27ththat the WSP is exercising the safest means possible to avoid injuries or worse to motorists, protesters,

WSDOT personnel and our troopers by closing the roadway as needed and separating protestors and vehicular traffic.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 14:46:06  
Ok, since nobody will do it even after Rooks threatened suggested to do it.

I went ahead and created a new riot thread for you to ignore.

So, by all means, go for it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-07 14:50:11  
Prong said: »
IS there a source though that specifically states, "The night of the incident, the highway was blocked off by state troopers/police with easily visible lights/police vehicles.." or something similar?

I honestly have not read every single source you posted yet, but I can't find one that does. There are a few sources that said the highway "had" been (in the recent past) blocked with some barricades, but it doesn't state if that was on that day, or even at night with highly visible police/highway patrol presence. They all seem to insinuate the "vehicles" he went around were protester placed.

Not arguing, just looking for more detailed articles with zero ambiguity.

the only official statement on the matter, is that they do not know how he got onto the highway. that he MAY have taken an 'off ramp' to circumvent the police roadblocks that were placed an hour before the hit. as of yet they still haven't confirmed HOW he got onto the road. its entirely possible that there was no block on the road at all and the police just think that there was. its possible they forgot to secure an on-ramp, any number of things are possible. what we do know is that he didn't drive around a blockade as was reported; the only 'blockade' he drove around was their cars parked in the middle of the street.

This is the most upto date article on the topic

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Driver-in-Seattle-crash-that-hit-2-protesters-due-15388646.php#photo-19641879

some additional facts, and some opinions, i've gleaned from this article

1. Judging from his size and build, hes young- maybe 24-25?
2. He asked if they were ok when the cops arrested him, and was clearly remorseful the entire time.
3. he was not charged with a hit and run - only vehicular assault - ergo no running.
4. Theres a very likely chance that he may be one of the african refugees that obama settled in the midwest during his presidency
5. There was no racial motivation or ideological motivation.
6. He's been a delivery driver, so his driving skills and knowledge should be enough to know not to get onto an exit ramp.
7. there is still zero clear evidence that he evaded any form of police blockade. i think the FAR more likely scenario is that the cops forgot (or the more sinister option, intentionally) to block an on-ramp rather than him doing it intentionally.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 14:50:50  
GDI, don't make Rooks use the killswitch.

Seriously, take it to the other thread I just created!
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-07 14:53:39  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

but they'll just nuke it for the fourth time <_>
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 14:54:51  
Cerberus.Hideka said: »

but they'll just nuke it for the fourth time <_>
If Rooks nukes it, Rooks nukes it. I won't complain about it. But he already gave the green light to make one, and as long as some people stay on topic, we should be fine.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 15:42:11  

If I had any intention of using it soon, I wouldn't have said anything about it. Things would have to deteriorate to the point where there was no redeemable value in keeping it open for me to go that far.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-07 15:51:17  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »

No but your well placed intentions of being a neutral arbitrator are constantly being taken advantage of by bad actors.

Yeah, except nobody thinks they’re bad actors, as you and Eiryl interestingly seem to think.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 15:53:41  
Rooks said: »

If I had any intention of using it soon, I wouldn't have said anything about it. Things would have to deteriorate to the point where there was no redeemable value in keeping it open for me to go that far.

Challenge accepted? Are my snacks ready yet btw.
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-07 15:55:27  
Viciouss said: »
Challenge accepted? Are my snacks ready yet btw.

Yeah let me cook something up real quick
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 15:59:47  
shamelessly stolen from Rav
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 16:29:28  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Yeah, except nobody thinks they’re bad actors, as you and Eiryl interestingly seem to think.

On the contrary my friend who always fails to grasp my points but always wants to take a failed shot.

Rooks knows exactly what it means. In all my shenanigans I’ve owned up to it and take responsibility for any action taken against me.

I have never begged for a reversal or leniency on any punishment merited.

You might want to rethink all the times you want to take/are tempted to be a sophomoric as if you want to decry about the low level of decorum here. You are just as guilty and should learn when to just shut the *** up.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 17:40:38  
Sigh Texas set two new records today, total new cases at 10,028 and deaths at 60. Also coming in at a 13% positivity rate with over 9k hospitalizations. At some point Abbot is going to have to stop making excuses and take another actual step in trying to slow the spread.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 17:49:29  
And they are still very low compared to other states, like California and New York...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-07 17:51:42  

On the contrary my friend who always fails to grasp my points but always wants to take a failed shot.

Rooks knows exactly what it means. In all my shenanigans I’ve owned up to it and take responsibility for any action taken against me.

I have never begged for a reversal or leniency on any punishment merited.

You might want to rethink all the times you want to take/are tempted to be a sophomoric as if you want to decry about the low level of decorum here. You are just as guilty and should learn when to just shut the *** up.

Lolwut? I'm one of the few who acknowledges my role in this. I just find it hilarious that a notoriously aggressive poster like you is crying about "bad actors".
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-07-07 18:24:59  
crying about "bad actors".

Who’s crying?

Did that strike a chord with you?

Or shall we chalk this up as another example of your cognitive bias conveniently obstructing your ability to comprehend?

With your constant misinterpretations I’m starting to suspect that the professional quality of your data analysis is not very good.

Oh, who am I kidding. That shits been suspect for years.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-07 18:32:26  
crying about "bad actors".

Who’s crying?

Did that strike a chord with you?

Or shall we chalk this up as another example of your cognitive bias conveniently obstructing your ability to comprehend?

With your constant misinterpretations I’m starting to suspect that the professional quality of your data analysis is not very good.

Oh, who am I kidding. That shits been suspect for years.

Ha, whatever makes you feel better, kiddo.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 18:34:07  
So, personal attacks now.

Why not just let it go?
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 18:36:53  
I'm aware of the connotations of this phrase, but there really isn't a better one:

Chill.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2020-07-07 19:12:17  
let it go?

Rooks said: »
I'm aware of the connotations of this phrase, but there really isn't a better one:

Chill.

Are these references a frozen reference?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 53 54 55