Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55
By Prong 2020-08-02 00:55:38  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
We don't know how many got it from them. Give it a week.

How would we know they got it from that kid?

Again, back to the protests. If we claim not that many get it from protesting because it's "outside," then, condemn "outside" events like graduations and non-protest events, even as our media going as far to claim people are necessarily getting it from outdoor church gatherings...there is NO way of knowing where people are actually getting it.

Maybe two classmates test positive a week later from his school. Who is to say they didn't get it from Walmart that week? Pool party? Chuck E Cheese?

I mean, you yourself claimed parents are "not responsible enough to open schools." So, let's run with that. This means they've had their kids, not social distancing, no masks, at sleepovers, neighbor's houses, birthday parties, shopping, playgrounds...I mean, these morons probably exposed their kids as much as humanly possible! And only ONE comes to school with Covid? These idiots can't be that lucky, right? Bottom line, nobody has any way to tell where people actually get it, unless they had some control group who lived in *** Bio Dome with Pauly Shore and the only remotely interesting Baldwin.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-02 01:02:30  
Quote:
CLARK COUNTY, Ind. —

Two students in the Greater Clark County school district have been diagnosed with coronavirus just days after classes began, health officials say.
By Prong 2020-08-02 01:06:51  
So now you ARE implying they got it at school, only "days" after attending.

And they traced how they got it back to....I mean, what method was used for them to discover that they got it at school?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-02 01:07:35  
Different school, same state
By Prong 2020-08-02 01:08:55  
And they got the results back from testing on Day 1 only a couple days later? But this other kid wasn't able to get his back in time before school started?

Seems to be a ton of things we don't know about these situations.
By volkom 2020-08-02 01:13:12  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-02 01:13:16  
Correct. We know nothing about it. That's why its a bad idea to use them as guinea pigs.

Throw a fit about testing lipstick on dogs, but *** dem kids, give em corona.
By Prong 2020-08-02 01:19:35  
Correct. We know nothing about it. That's why its a bad idea to use them as guinea pigs.

Throw a fit about testing lipstick on dogs, but *** dem kids, give em corona.

We already did the experiment on adults. We call them, "essential workers." So let's stop doing, "the kids! the kids!" stuff again.

Bottom line, you're posting things implying these kids ARE in danger due to being in school, when they've found 3, in total, among the thousands of kids who have returned. They will find more I am sure, but they will also find kids with other life-threatening ailments. Non-Covid. Things kids have been catching and dying from for decades from schools. But still, we have zero way of knowing exactly where the kids got it from. Could have got it from anywhere and not the schools.

You keep saying, "wait a couple months." As if you know a vaccine will be available then. I've heard reports one may not be available to the public until late next summer due to the legalities behind human trials taking so long. Our society will implode if everything is shut down until then, and we know you want that to happen, but nobody else really does.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-02 01:22:24  
It wont take that long with "operation ignore all safety protocols" in place.

And if it does, you all need to be ready for the inevitable full blown "communism" on masks and isolation since you have no intention of being responsible.
By Prong 2020-08-02 01:23:55  
volkom said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

You can hear it in his voice, see it in his eyes, he is SCARED TO DEATH to straight up say the truth. "Yes, I'd suggest they limit the protests for safety's sake." He says everything but that, it's nuts. If THIS is the kind of "proof" people are using to claim the protests aren't mass spreading the virus, the sources of proof are absolutely polluted with political bias therefore, complete crap.
[+]
By Prong 2020-08-02 01:25:22  
It wont take that long with "operation ignore all safety protocols" in place.

And if it does, you all need to be ready for the inevitable full blown "communism" on masks and isolation since you have no intention of being responsible.

Don't start with the, "you people" ***. I wear one, I've said it many times. This has zero to do with your super optimistic vaccine availability timeline, don't deflect with the, "you people."
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-02 01:27:10  
Question ~ any idea on which groups of people are getting the sick the most?
Is it the grocery store employees?
Gas station attendants?
Fast food workers?
restaurant staff?
Medical personnel?
or people with underlying medical issues and the elderly?

cuz I'd assume it be those people that would be sick the most are essential workers. Dunno how a grocery store employee can work their entire shift and not be at similar risk levels than that of a teacher.
By Prong 2020-08-02 01:36:41  
Question ~ any idea on which groups of people are getting the sick the most?
Is it the grocery store employees?
Gas station attendants?
Fast food workers?
restaurant staff?
Medical personnel?
or people with underlying medical issues and the elderly?

cuz I'd assume it be those people that would be sick the most are essential workers. Dunno how a grocery store employee can work their entire shift and not be at similar risk levels than that of a teacher.

I would "assume" medical personnel being their job is to actually work with those who knowingly are already ill (some obviously with Covid) at a much higher rate than the other professions, but I don't know. They should also have access to the best possible safety equipment.

My nephew's wife is a nurse at a hospital in Youngstown, OH. She's been on the job 70+ hrs a week since the start of this and she claims only one other nurse she knows caught Covid so far, so I may be wrong. Would be interesting if such a breakdown existed (and if it came from a reliable source which unfortunately, I don't trust anybody these days to not be politically biased in their reporting).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-02 01:42:37  
You don't understand how a teacher, locked in a room with ~40 children ~7 hours a day has a higher risk than someone who interacts with more people, but for a few seconds each?

Have you ever met a child? You know that they're perpetually sticky and have no concept at all of hygiene.

I can't think of any job/age worse than a school age human. As far as being safe.
By Draylo 2020-08-02 01:44:41  
NYC has been turning into a cesspool that it was from the 70/80s. Countless homeless and drug users are roaming the streets causing chaos. People are fleeing the city at record rates, most luxury rentals are so desperate for tenants they are giving two months free and lowering rents across the board. People can't wait to leave and its getting worse!

That video just annoys me, nobody is willing to condemn these riots and tons of protests causing mayhem and police not wanting to do their jobs or quitting in record numbers.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-02 01:49:22  
You could always head to wyoming. You'll increase the states population by 100%.

You ain't gonna see tumbleweeds protesting.
By Draylo 2020-08-02 01:53:07  
I've honestly thought of going out of country till ***gets back together. Theres no point, people protesting and rioting during a pandemic where small business, hell any business, are being crippled. So stupid and opportunistic in all aspects. The left is playing this game to the end for the elections.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-02 01:55:35  
You literally can't now. You're locked in here. There's only 2 or 3 countries on the whole planet that would let you leave.
By Draylo 2020-08-02 02:05:05  
Well I have residency in Spain so I could if I wanted to I would imagine. So sad seeing NYC like this, what has the left done to you!
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-02 09:38:44  
... I'd assume it be those people that would be sick the most are essential workers. Dunno how a grocery store employee can work their entire shift and not be at similar risk levels than that of a teacher.
Isn't it amazing how the "essential workers" out there on the covid front lines, keeping what's left of the American economy open, are the lowest paid workers in the country?

Draylo said: »
I've honestly thought of going out of country till ***gets back together....
Good luck with that.

Well I have residency in Spain so I could if I wanted to I would imagine. So sad seeing NYC like this, what has the left done to you!
Is Spain letting Americans in?

I don't think so, this embassy document on the subject is about as clear as mud.
By volkom 2020-08-02 11:30:39  
Have you ever met a child? You know that they're perpetually sticky and have no concept at all of hygiene.

are you assuming everyone who attends school is 5 years old?

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Isn't it amazing how the "essential workers" out there on the covid front lines, keeping what's left of the American economy open, are the lowest paid workers in the country?
Are you considering doctors and nurses as low pay? Yes a grocery store employee is important ~ so is everyone involved with that industry. There's many industries and businesses that are still open and many tech companies have focused their staff to work from home. Its not just the grocery store folks and people who make minimum wage that are keeping the economy alive ~ its everyone who can still work that's doing it.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-08-02 18:40:22  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
... I'd assume it be those people that would be sick the most are essential workers. Dunno how a grocery store employee can work their entire shift and not be at similar risk levels than that of a teacher.

I've honestly thought of going out of country till ***gets back together....
Good luck with that.

Is Spain letting Americans in?

I don't think so, this embassy document on the subject is about as clear as mud.

Did you read the article you linked? It's open to legal residents of Spain to return.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-04 09:07:20  
So, end of the spike?
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-08-04 10:27:47  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So, end of the spike?
No, predictable results when you decrease testing.

Trump plan to cut federal support for Covid-19 testing sites sparks alarm
This article is more than 1 month old

Funding for 13 testing sites, including seven in Texas, will end this month – a move officials warn could cause further spread

Coronavirus: Federal government will end funding for 13 community-based Covid-19 test sites, most in Texas
Published Wed, Jun 24 2020

Florida halts COVID-19 testing as it prepares for hurricane
Published: July 31, 2020

Trump is partially right. Cut down testing you find fewer cases.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-08-04 11:12:17  
What about if you increase testing?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-04 11:21:43  
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
What about if you increase testing?
You find more results. Especially if the percentage of positive results remain the same.

Which is why tracking death rates and hospitalizations is a better way of tracking cases.

It also doesn't help the fact that multiple cases could be the same person testing positive twice or more.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-04 11:25:05  
It all comes down to how you want your interpretation to be shown:

If testing increases, you will find more cases, and you can claim that previously high caseload states where testing has decreased is "winning the battle" while those whose testing increases, results increase, are the ones with bad policies.

If testing decreases, caseloads will decrease, which, some people will claim that it is because lockdowns are the solution, never mind that comparison between states with laxer lockdowns or no lockdowns at all do not show any spikes, and those with draconian lockdowns still have spikes due to increased testing in that state.

Either way, Orange Man Bad!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-07 11:34:05  
So, Cuomo is going to reopen schools in NYS.

Will he prove the Republicans right? Or will he be vilified for going against the teacher's union?

Probably neither. My bet is that he will be applauded for this action by the media while the media, in the same breath, will just demean Republicans who are strongly pushing this very policy, all while saying COVID was made by the US Army and Trump is framing China for it all....
[+]
By volkom 2020-08-07 13:18:00  
no consideration for the safety of the children. what kind of mad man would do something like that and jeopardize the public health.

side note. you'd imagine the US would have a better way of educating students remotely considering our technological capabilities. Look at what mexico is going to do lol. failed political system ~ thanks republicans and democrats
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-08 17:29:08  
no consideration for the safety of the children. what kind of mad man would do something like that and jeopardize the public health.

side note. you'd imagine the US would have a better way of educating students remotely considering our technological capabilities. Look at what mexico is going to do lol. failed political system ~ thanks republicans and democrats

Necessity is the mother of invention, it took something like this for people to get off their *** and learn.

We've had telepresence technology for years. Back when I was wearing a uniform one of my responsibilities was overseeing the guys that ran our units Video Teleconferences (VTC). This was a one star command that had the size of a division (wasn't one though). The general liked to have daily meetings where all his subordinate commanders would be present, over 90% of them weren't nearby with some being stateside (we were in Korea). Using technology from the early 20's we were able to link everyone together for routing meetings where high level command topics were discussed and decisions made. Now that was over a decade ago and that technology has progressed even further. Our crowning achievement as creating a portable turn-key package that would go in the pack of a truck and could be deployed anywhere in the world. We demonstrated it during several exercises where we'd drive into the middle of the mountains, setup camp with some generators and tents. Unpack the satellite and get the whole thing running off a satellite network. One of the colonels and his staff officers would then participate in those daily VTC's. just to show it could be done.

Civilian requirements are far less then Military, everything can be run off a desktop or laptop unit. The hardest part is getting people used to collaborating with each other remotely in real time. Requires a different set of skills and habits.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55