Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 53 54 55
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 09:59:16  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Skyrocket? Florida is nowhere near the cases OR deaths being reported by California OR New York.

In fact, there are more cases and deaths in New York City than there are in the entire state of Florida.

Seriously Chanti, you have GOT to stop posting facts I don't like....

Who cares about NY and Cali? The cases in Florida ARE skyrocketing, their new cases per day is outrageous, I think they hit 10k like 4 days in a row before the weekend. The cases in Texas and Arizona are skyrocketing as well. Chanti has yet to post anything remotely close to "facts I don't like." Continue with the accurate updates Chanti.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2020-07-07 09:59:17  
protesting on an open freeway
GOT to stop posting facts I don't like

:)

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Save it just in case Rooks allows us another riot / protest thread.

If there's enough to talk about, go for it. The rule of thumb is not to have multiples on the same topic. Four concurrent might be a bit much if it's the same 8 people in it all the time, but if there's things y'all want to talk about with that, have at it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 10:21:22  
Viciouss said: »
The freeway was not open.
Quote:
In a tweet late Saturday, the Washington State Patrol said protesters would not be allowed to enter the interstate. "For the safety of all citizens including protesters and motorists, pedestrians walking on the freeway will be arrested," the tweet added.

From the source Prong posted. This is proof, along with the lack of mention that the state patrol closed the highway. It was an illegal closure, it was not sanctioned by the city nor the state.

It was closed by the cops, and had been closed for over an hour.

Where do you see that? It certainly wasn't from the source.

This was the 19th consecutive day of highway protests, and the cops, albeit unhappy about it, has been closing the highway each night because of them. There was no "traffic," it was just this one car that somehow got onto the highway.
I will admit that it was the 19th day (at the time) for highway protests, but that still doesn't mean that it was a legal closure.

Why else do you think the guy wasn't charged for vehicular manslaughter, and instead charged with 2 counts of vehicular assault?

Edit: Rooks sucks!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 10:25:11  
Skyrocket? Florida is nowhere near the cases OR deaths being reported by California OR New York.

In fact, there are more cases and deaths in New York City than there are in the entire state of Florida.

Who cares about NY and Cali? The cases in Florida ARE skyrocketing, their new cases per day is outrageous, I think they hit 10k like 4 days in a row before the weekend. The cases in Texas and Arizona are skyrocketing as well. Chanti has yet to post anything remotely close to "facts I don't like." Continue with the accurate updates Chanti.
A) Your opinion doesn't mean it's fact.
B) When there are more testing, you will find more cases. When testing is done at a growing rate, the number of cases rises. Let me ask you this then: Has the number of deaths increased proportionally to the rise of cases? If it hasn't, why is that the case? There has been nothing to cause the rate of deaths to be reduced, since there is no cure nor vaccine made.
C) Opinion pieces are not news reports. You like to call me out on this, but you apparently cannot tell the difference between the two anymore. I mean, I don't blame you since almost all "news" reports you see from liberal media are nothing BUT opinion pieces....
D) Get your head out of the clouds man!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 10:25:54  
Drama Torama said: »
protesting on an open freeway
GOT to stop posting facts I don't like

:)
I didn't post facts I don't like. Just an observation.
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 10:42:56  
The freeway was not open.
Quote:
In a tweet late Saturday, the Washington State Patrol said protesters would not be allowed to enter the interstate. "For the safety of all citizens including protesters and motorists, pedestrians walking on the freeway will be arrested," the tweet added.

From the source Prong posted. This is proof, along with the lack of mention that the state patrol closed the highway. It was an illegal closure, it was not sanctioned by the city nor the state.

It was closed by the cops, and had been closed for over an hour.

Where do you see that? It certainly wasn't from the source.

This was the 19th consecutive day of highway protests, and the cops, albeit unhappy about it, has been closing the highway each night because of them. There was no "traffic," it was just this one car that somehow got onto the highway.
I will admit that it was the 19th day (at the time) for highway protests, but that still doesn't mean that it was a legal closure.

Why else do you think the guy wasn't charged for vehicular manslaughter, and instead charged with 2 counts of vehicular assault?

Edit: Rooks sucks!

Where did I see it? Literally every single article that has reported on it, which I will not post for you, Hideka, or Prong. You guys have been making ***up from the start on this while posting no sources for any of your wild claims when a basic google search has easily debunked everything you all have said. Every article says the same thing, all you have to do is go read them on your own.
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 10:48:14  

A) Your opinion doesn't mean it's fact.
B) When there are more testing, you will find more cases. When testing is done at a growing rate, the number of cases rises. Let me ask you this then: Has the number of deaths increased proportionally to the rise of cases? If it hasn't, why is that the case? There has been nothing to cause the rate of deaths to be reduced, since there is no cure nor vaccine made.
C) Opinion pieces are not news reports. You like to call me out on this, but you apparently cannot tell the difference between the two anymore. I mean, I don't blame you since almost all "news" reports you see from liberal media are nothing BUT opinion pieces....
D) Get your head out of the clouds man!

None of Chanti's links have been opinion pieces, so there goes that theory. They are nothing like your blogs.

The cases are skyrocketing in the South, the idiot Abbott said yesterday the hospitalizations are from cases in late May and early June, which is scary considering Texas is in a way worse situation now. If 10% of the cases require a hospital visit, we are talking about adding 500+ people per day a month from now.

The Surgeon General said a few days ago that deaths lag about two weeks behind new case counts, so don't try to run to the death rate to downplay the current crisis.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 10:52:22  
Where did I see it? Literally every single article that has reported on it, which I will not post for you, Hideka, or Prong. You guys have been making ***up from the start on this while posting no sources for any of your wild claims when a basic google search has easily debunked everything you all have said. Every article says the same thing, all you have to do is go read them on your own.
I present to the Jury of FFXIAH P&R posters the following evidence to prove of Vic's status of "Full of ***"

Evidence A

Clearly Vic is lying out of his *** when he stated that "You guys have been making ***up from the start on this while posting no sources..." when, by extension, this topic would have never been brought up it it wasn't for Prong posting an article about this very subject.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 10:55:21  
None of Chanti's links have been opinion pieces, so there goes that theory. They are nothing like your blogs.

I present to the Jury of FFXIAH P&R posters the following evidence to prove of Vic's status of "Full of ***"

Evidence B

Clearly Vic has no clue what an opinion piece is, but hey, his sources he never posts or his "facts" he never quotes come from opinion pieces themselves, so who can blame him?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 10:55:40  
So, the very first sentence of Prongs article says the highway was closed. So, remember when I said you guys were making ***up from the start? Where exactly did you get the thought that the highway was open?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 10:57:26  
Illegally closed doesn't mean it's legally closed.

Hell, that sentence contradicted itself. I thought you understood basic logic, but you are from Austin, so....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 11:01:42  
Also, if it was legally closed, wouldn't there be cop cars stopping people from entering the highway?

And if it was legally closed, wouldn't the guy be charged for vehicular manslaughter instead of vehicular assault? Or even charged for reckless driving, failure to observe police direction, or any of the other dozens of violations he would have been charged for for bypassing a closed freeway?

I mean, use some common sense man!
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 11:05:52  
Ok so now you are literally making up scenarios to fit your narrative and wow is it not working. The highway was closed by the cops for over an hour. Secondly, he was booked on two counts of vehicular assault, the DA has said to expect formal charges tomorrow. I'm expecting one count of vehicular manslaughter for the girl that died, and one count of vehicular assault for the victim that lived. Again, basic google searches would fill in these gaps in your narrative.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 11:14:51  
The highway was closed by the cops for over an hour.
Prove it. And I'll help you out.

There would be an official statement from the police office that states that the section of highway where the accident occurred was closed. It is required by law for both legal and liability purposes. Word-of-mouth does not fly. And official statements come straight from the police precinct and/or DOT. Hell, do you want me to hold your hand and help you research it too? Because, I'll go one further and give you the tools for your research.

But I know, we all know, you will not do it. You will continue to say "no u!" and pretend you won an argument when you are clearly wrong...again!
Secondly, he was booked on two counts of vehicular assault, the DA has said to expect formal charges tomorrow.
Good, post it if it occurs.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 11:43:55  
Quote:
Officials were trying to determine the motive as well as where he got onto the interstate, which had been closed by the state patrol for more than an hour before the women were hit.
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 11:47:29  
I already said I wasn't doing your work for you. You guys have been making ***up from the start, hell, you posted the article that says the highway was closed but have made up a *** narrative to try to make a case it was open. You literally debunked your own post.

I'm not "pretending" anything, you are just being an idiot. We know the highway was closed by the cops for over an hour and there were no other cars on the highway, there was no traffic. You were clearly making that up and its been very amusing to watch you try to spin your way out of it. Hasn't worked at all.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 11:55:16  
So, all I see from Vic is "no u!" Which, honestly, all he ever replies with when he is called out for his ***.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Officials were trying to determine the motive as well as where he got onto the interstate, which had been closed by the state patrol for more than an hour before the women were hit.
I could say that I-35 was closed from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. today in Austin to protest Vic living in Austin, but that doesn't mean it happened or is true.

There is no journalistic integrity anymore, half of the time they make ***up due to laziness and the expectation for people to not check their work. Guess what? That's not going to fly when there's an easily verifiable way to see if the highway was closed at the time of the incident. And guess what?

It was not closed by state highway at the time of the incident.

So, are you going to believe word-of-mouth, or the official record? Because it looks like you are going to believe word-of-mouth.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 12:01:17  
Seattle times, there own news paper. Pay walled. You can pay it to verify.

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 12:02:29  
You own beloved FOXNEWS. https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-protester-hit-car-highway-dies

Quote:
Authorities have closed I-5 several times amid the unrest, with Washington State Patrol Capt. Ron Mead telling reporters that protesters had shut down the interstate for 19 days in a row.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 12:05:16  
This is whats so *** stupid with you people. It's right god damn there. You have google just like everyone else. But you insist on this *** just to argue.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 12:14:22  
I also see that you skimmed over the following:

WA State patrol said:
The @wastatepatrol will not be allowing protesters to enter I-5. For the safety of all citizens including protesters and motorists, pedestrians walking on the freeway will be arrested. @wspd2pio

Quote:
“My hope is, as a result of this tragedy, protesters will reconsider their desire to be on the interstate because I cannot guarantee their safety, plain and simple,” Mead said.

Sounds like it was sanctioned, huh? Like I stated before, illegally closed doesn't mean legal closed, no matter how much you wish it.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This is whats so *** stupid with you people. It's right god damn there. You have google just like everyone else. But you insist on this *** just to argue.
Are...you talking about yourself?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 12:15:37  
Also, Seattle Times article wasn't under a paywall.

Shows how much you bother with your own sources.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 12:27:23  
Mine IS paywalled.
Quote:
You've reached your limit of free articles.
We rely on paying subscribers. Choose a plan that’s right for you. Cancel anytime.

You clipped that first quote out of date.
That quote was AFTER the people were hit.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 12:35:17  
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 12:44:50  
Still doesn't prove that it was legally closed at the time of the incident.

Also, as your sources say, if officers closed it, but how come they didn't physically close it? It's not that hard to stop incoming traffic, all it takes is 2 police cruisers to direct traffic off the interstate, and 2 police cruisers to stop traffic from coming on the interstate from the access ramp. Are you telling me that Seattle and Washington State is so underfunded on police cruisers that they didn't have 4 to close down this highway?

That is because it wasn't closed, as the official website stated at the time of the incident.

Posting the statement made almost 2 weeks prior to the incident doesn't mean it happened.

It's like you don't even think about things at all, and are trying to prove your point from random quotes and statements.
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 12:48:53  
See Eiryl, this is why I didn't bother. He is going to make up whatever narrative possible to try to spin his way out of being completely wrong. Never waste time sourcing anything when they ask you to, its just them refusing to go to the effort.

The facts haven't changed, the highway was closed by the cops for over an hour, there was no traffic, the guy ran a roadblock and mowed down a crowd. These facts are never going to change.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 12:52:12  
The facts haven't changed
This is the only thing in your post that is correct. The facts haven't changed.

Posting a statement doesn't prove that the highway was legally closed at the time. Nor is ignoring what the Washington State DOT website stated at the time of the accident, the highway was not closed to traffic, which means that police did not close the highway to traffic, which goes against your narrative.

Then again, I fully expect both of you to hightail it out of this conversation, since sources and logic rendered your opinions useless.

So, bye Felicia.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 12:59:07  
Apparently there were state barricades. https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wsp-protesters-will-not-be-allowed-enter-i-5/WDU7TV7W4FHJPOBFGU7QRVCODI/

Quote:
Salisbury said the protesters might have been given a false sense of security since troopers blocked off the freeway with barriers.

Quote:

Still, walking on I-5 is illegal. But the Washington State Patrol looked the other way, even setting up barriers during the nearly three weeks of nighttime protests on the freeway.

“We’ve worked tirelessly to separate motorists from pedestrians fearing a tragedy like this could very well happen,” insisted WSP Capt. Ron Mead.

But that may have lulled the protesters into a feeling of safety.

“There was absolutely no traffic,” said Salisbury. “And the actual lanes were barricaded. So I think it gave a sense of security.”
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 13:10:19  
The facts haven't changed
This is the only thing in your post that is correct. The facts haven't changed.

Posting a statement doesn't prove that the highway was legally closed at the time. Nor is ignoring what the Washington State DOT website stated at the time of the accident, the highway was not closed to traffic, which means that police did not close the highway to traffic, which goes against your narrative.

Then again, I fully expect both of you to hightail it out of this conversation, since sources and logic rendered your opinions useless.

So, bye Felicia.

Uh no we are staying right here, comfortably knowing that the highway was closed for over an hour before one car ran a blockade and mowed down the protesters. There was no other traffic.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 53 54 55