users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-21 12:39:26  
We were able to proc red and a subsequent blue without any blunt damage, so that shouldn't be a prerequisite. We had slashing and magic burst Stone damage
By SimonSes 2021-02-21 13:29:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Looks like above V0, all of the tier 2 (probably every NM in Gaol) resists something specific (as mentioned by Papesse), so you'll need to strategize based on that weakness or non resistance

Did 3 Henwen on a slashing, piercing, and blunt job and he resisted the first two to around the same degree you noticed on craklaw, so much that I timed out at 20% both times. The blunt user (monk) did great for the first 50%, until it took hate from AAEV. Then he turns into an insanely violent bull that never stops attacking due to zealous snort's counter, attack speed from haste, his guard rate and his normal attacks, which he has access to DA/TA. You also can't dispel his haste or counter I don't think. Ajido and qultada missed on dark shot and refused to use dispel, and alternative wiki implies some of the buffs from zealous snort can't be removed.

It's pretty ridiculous how he can counter 3-6 attacks in a row, taking you from 3000hp to 1000 in one attack round. He's deadly and probably a pain to solo with just standard trusts. I timed out at 1% on monk on +5, because he blocks so much damage from the front. Definitely can't steamroll him without a solid tank. I'm strategizing building a -50 enmity build with schere earring and Yngvi necklace swaps, since AAEV can tank him pretty easily aside from barreling smash critical move. Monk has no way to drop it's hate without sub, so it makes using a trust tank difficult since they can't retain hate very well from any decently geared DD

Looks like a fight suited for PUP. You can go all out and if you finally take hate from AAEV, you switch hate with automaton then dismiss it and summon again.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-02-21 13:40:25  
SimonSes said: »
Looks like above V0, all of the tier 2 (probably every NM in Gaol) resists something specific (as mentioned by Papesse), so you'll need to strategize based on that weakness or non resistance

Did 3 Henwen on a slashing, piercing, and blunt job and he resisted the first two to around the same degree you noticed on craklaw, so much that I timed out at 20% both times. The blunt user (monk) did great for the first 50%, until it took hate from AAEV. Then he turns into an insanely violent bull that never stops attacking due to zealous snort's counter, attack speed from haste, his guard rate and his normal attacks, which he has access to DA/TA. You also can't dispel his haste or counter I don't think. Ajido and qultada missed on dark shot and refused to use dispel, and alternative wiki implies some of the buffs from zealous snort can't be removed.

It's pretty ridiculous how he can counter 3-6 attacks in a row, taking you from 3000hp to 1000 in one attack round. He's deadly and probably a pain to solo with just standard trusts. I timed out at 1% on monk on +5, because he blocks so much damage from the front. Definitely can't steamroll him without a solid tank. I'm strategizing building a -50 enmity build with schere earring and Yngvi necklace swaps, since AAEV can tank him pretty easily aside from barreling smash critical move. Monk has no way to drop it's hate without sub, so it makes using a trust tank difficult since they can't retain hate very well from any decently geared DD

Looks like a fight suited for PUP. You can go all out and if you finally take hate from AAEV, you switch hate with automaton then dismiss it and summon again.

We've been doing this with a pup tank and using a drg for DD, but time does get close. You can also use a mnk and just have a smn spam pacifiying ruby on it, maybe get a dirge from the brd too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-21 14:05:17  
What he means is using PUP as the "Monk" (blunt user), letting AAEV tank, and once you take hate from all the WS spam, you can Ventriloquy the hate onto your robot then Deactivate him. Then Activate and repeat. It's a method I was considering using PUP as the DD (but had not thought about this particular style with Ventriloquy) that could work well, but I don't have a well enough PUP to feel comfortable pulling it off (Mine is like 400 JP). I should master it this campaign so I have it for instances like this. Good idea Simon.

I guess in this case, you could use any kind of puppet, probably DPS with blunt h2h or support, since you arent using him for anything besides a hate dump anyways. I guess I have to look into the PUP thread for gear sets xD
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-02-21 14:24:55  
I guess I have to look into the PUP thread for gear sets xD
Aerix's sets are great!
By Guyford 2021-02-21 16:26:52  
What he means is using PUP as the "Monk" (blunt user), letting AAEV tank, and once you take hate from all the WS spam, you can Ventriloquy the hate onto your robot then Deactivate him. Then Activate and repeat. It's a method I was considering using PUP as the DD (but had not thought about this particular style with Ventriloquy) that could work well, but I don't have a well enough PUP to feel comfortable pulling it off (Mine is like 400 JP). I should master it this campaign so I have it for instances like this. Good idea Simon.

I guess in this case, you could use any kind of puppet, probably DPS with blunt h2h or support, since you arent using him for anything besides a hate dump anyways. I guess I have to look into the PUP thread for gear sets xD

We had this idea as well, but realized that since we can't bring 2 pups we'd need another tank.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-21 16:29:22  
AAEV can tank him very well, if you have good MM. The only time she was in danger was from Barreling Smash, but Ulmia's Scherzo might be able to help
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-21 18:49:16  
Does anyone know of the following scenario?:

Person 1 has T1-T3 cleared / beaten.

Person 2 has never done Ody NMs before.

Person 1 takes Person 2, into a high Vengeance level of a T3.

Can Person 2 Augment / RP the armor/weapons of that Vengeance T3 win?
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-21 18:54:38  
Quote:
Does anyone know of the following scenario?:

Person 1 has T1-T3 cleared / beaten.

Person 2 has never done Ody NMs before.

Person 1 takes Person 2, into a high Vengeance level of a T3.

Can Person 2 Augment / RP the armor/weapons of that Vengeance T3 win?

No, all that does is allow person 2 to buy the base gear when he otherwise wouldn't be able to. You need to have cleared all the atonement 1 and atonement 2 nms yourself. If person 1 was to take person 2 into all 10 of the previous nms and clear them on a higher vengence THEN person 2 would be able to unlock rank points on the new gear. But you can't skip the requirement to kill the earlier atonement nms before you're allowed to accrue rank points.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-21 20:21:20  
You can solo all 4 T1s with the right job, and V0 Raaz can be done solo also. Or you could just find a group doing Henwen and join for the clear, to be able to buy the item.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-21 20:44:41  
Unlocking is all easy, it's just getting enough points to do it is the ***part

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-21 21:13:47  
Odin.Sudra said: »
If I want that sash from whatever that tier 2 mob it’s from, I just have to kill the four tier 1s once each? And then that specific tier 2? I don’t care about RPing it.

Can I kill all of them with some sort of melee plus brd/geo?

I just unlocked T2 the other day, you can come with me and clear the NM for the dash sometime if you would like (compared to manually farming the T1s).

PM me if interested. ^^
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-22 00:09:21  
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but JP wiki states that every monster in Gaol has a Geomancy resistance. They don't state the value, though. They also mention the Blood Pact nerf (successive BP deals reduced damage, hence AC is not effective), so I assume the former about Geomancy is true.

Quote after translated via google
Quote:
It should be noted, Odeshi other of the area enemy and of NM Similarly, the boss is common to fulfillment [Blood Pacts] and feng shui magic [Geomancy] against the resistance have.
Therefore Summoner is Apogee and Astral passages in damage difficult to earn, Fusuishi [Geomancer] is subjected to a friend feng shui magic is no longer forced to use mainly the like,It will be a battle with many restrictions other than invalidation of support jobs and job cover NG.

Asura.Nuance said: »
Bird = Blunt / Stone / Darkness
Guyford said: »
Weak might be a strong word. In my experience it took half earth dmg. Has anyone confirmed that it doesn't take full ranged damage?

They also list Ongo the Waktza as having Stone weakness or vulnerability (the list says weakness but they could mean both), not any weapon. I know others mentioned Earth weakness and there was some back and forth, but this backs up what we already thought about the weakness. If you didn't deal a lot of damage with Earth, you might need to check your magic accuracy, or it may just be that Ongo resists every other element besides Stone.

FWIW, in a run we did early on, I did see spikes of a Corsair dealing 20k+ Last Stands, but it quickly stopped and we were not able to see it get that kind of damage later on in the fight (it dropped to a couple thousand but a couple got up to around 8k). It could be a PDT buff or something we didn't catch.
By Guyford 2021-02-22 00:22:40  
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but JP wiki states that every monster in Gaol has a Geomancy resistance. They don't state the value, though. They also mention the Blood Pact nerf (successive BP deals reduced damage, hence AC is not effective), so I assume the former about Geomancy is true.

Quote after translated via google
Quote:
It should be noted, Odeshi other of the area enemy and of NM Similarly, the boss is common to fulfillment [Blood Pacts] and feng shui magic [Geomancy] against the resistance have.
Therefore Summoner is Apogee and Astral passages in damage difficult to earn, Fusuishi [Geomancer] is subjected to a friend feng shui magic is no longer forced to use mainly the like,It will be a battle with many restrictions other than invalidation of support jobs and job cover NG.

Asura.Nuance said: »
Bird = Blunt / Stone / Darkness
Guyford said: »
Weak might be a strong word. In my experience it took half earth dmg. Has anyone confirmed that it doesn't take full ranged damage?

They also list Ongo the Waktza as having Stone weakness or vulnerability (the list says weakness but they could mean both), not any weapon. I know others mentioned Earth weakness and there was some back and forth, but this backs up what we already thought about the weakness. If you didn't deal a lot of damage with Earth, you might need to check your magic accuracy, or it may just be that Ongo resists every other element besides Stone.

FWIW, in a run we did early on, I did see spikes of a Corsair dealing 20k+ Last Stands, but it quickly stopped and we were not able to see it get that kind of damage later on in the fight (it dropped to a couple thousand but a couple got up to around 8k). It could be a PDT buff or something we didn't catch.

What I was talking about was my enspell was dealing 480 dmg per hit to Ongo (normal is 960 so half). It wasn't like it was occasionally doing 480 dmg, nearly every hit was 480 dmg, which leads me to believe that it either takes half enspell dmg or half earth dmg. As for the geomancy, bolster malaise added about 300 dmg to stone 2 on umbril (3.9k w/o 4.2k with). Don't have numbers for acumen.

Edit: the geo was +7 not idris
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-02-22 00:28:43  
Not sure if mentioned before but there doesn't appear to be a gil cap to what you can receive when you touch the end point.. we thought it was 910k but we got 1,050,000 tonight.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-22 13:18:35  
Yeah the list of weaknesses I listed were just assumptions based on the little information available overall at the time.

I know when I did bird it resisted all elemental enfeebles except rasp for me personally so the earth weakness lines up for me more based on that. We didn’t notice any weapon type excelling over another dmg wise. Would seem for bird a good Sam with a legit sb build just multi stepping for your blm Sch geo whatever might be the way to go
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-22 13:28:13  
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Not sure if mentioned before but there doesn't appear to be a gil cap to what you can receive when you touch the end point.. we thought it was 910k but we got 1,050,000 tonight.

We've seen 1,410,000
[+]
 Bismarck.Amancalledhero
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Amancalledhero 2021-02-22 19:50:14  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »

We've seen 1,410,000

O.O 1.4mil? how much segments you get on that run, that's pretty high.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-02-22 20:04:31  
About 4.5k

Was just a whole lotta CJ friendly families that run
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-22 20:05:40  
Did you only kill Nostos?
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-02-22 20:07:16  
yeah, was nostos only
3x COR, 3x BLU, split up yadda yadda

picked off random mobs at the end

Also, was in B so 235 things killed
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-22 20:49:55  
That's a very smart way to spend 30 minutes if you're not particularly pressed for segments. Decent Gil payout for a few thousand less segments.

What is your path strategy towards progressing to the fifth floor vortex? I assume you walk the entire way up or do you use ports at some point?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-22 21:38:45  
blu+cor start 1
blu+cor start 3
blu+cor start 6

depending on time, the blu+cor that start on 1 go to 2 then to 3. either go up to 4; or portal to 6 and down to 5.
By zixxer 2021-02-23 01:07:51  
Just did Arebati on veng 0
pup tank
cor (me) r1 fomal chaos/sam
whm
rng r15 fomal
igeo bolster fury, frailty, entrust agi
rema brd HM, 3x min, and dirge

3:30 min fight with buffs. After the pup got hate, we stayed past 20 yalms. No issues. Pulled hate, once. Whm only healed the pup once due to initial aggro pull.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-23 08:51:57  
Arebati Solo complete. Same strategy for Red/Blue Proc that worked on Xevioso works on Arebati. Just melee for a crit round then evisceration and it takes care of the Red and Blue proc. Worked in both my runs. Next, onto the slashing NM's!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-02-23 09:15:46  
Nice job. What MM lvl do you have?
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 237 238 239