The Odyssey - || Strategy And Discussion ||

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 110 111 112
 Siren.Codegen
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
Posts: 163
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-19 01:04:32  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »
I’ve not looked at your videos but on a normal melee strike that did the I initial proc did it happen to be a crit

Curious as to whether or not there’s a damage check or some sort that has to be met to get the initial proc before a ws for the secondary proc


Also bursting the bird sped ***up for us significantly

Have not tried it on the others yet

Ahh yes... in all 4 examples I do note that a critical hit is in that first attack round when I proc !! So it's not definitive but in all 4 of my examples yes a crit was done on that round of attacks that caused red !!.
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »
So From all this I’m getting;
3 weapon types
8 elements
All divided evenly between the 6 nms

So something like;

Shark = Blunt / Thunder / Light

Bird = Blunt / Stone / Darkness

Trex = Slashing / Water / Darkness

Tree = Slashing / Wind / Light

Bee = Piercing / Ice / Darkness

Lion = Piercing / Fire / Light

And set up skillchains and bursts to proc to keep them docile.

Yes looks right based on what I've put together as well (with exception of the light/dark alignment) with the exception of the last thing. Simply meleeing for a single attack with the weapon weakness will proc red !! and then doing a weaponskill with that same weapon will proc blue !! and stop fetter spam. Skillchains and burst will do the same thing if the same weakness element for that mob and increase damage output but are not necessary to keep the fetters at bay. Just trying to hammer this home as everyone keeps saying SC/MB and in not one of my 4 runs was that necessary, simply a piercing melee attack for red !! followed an evisceration for blue !! will keep the fetters at bay on Bee for an example.

I don't think this is correct. They don't get blue proc from ws and red proc from melee hits or critical hits. For the shark (weak to blunt) I was the only one meleeing it as monk with blunt damage, and with impetus etc it's almost all critical hits, and i was doing back to back 3-steps double light skillchains. Never got a blue proc (and all h2h ws are blunt), and after a few minutes when it got an aura i kept doing red proc with my light skillchains and making the fetters disappear. Won without fully removing aura just by killing fast in the last 10%.
I think the lag makes it harder to attribute cause and effect because things get rendered in weir orders seconds after something actually happens.

Side question, anybody that started doing them at higher vengeance, how much is the price dropping? I got the unlock on all armor sets now, even for jobs I don't use, trying to decide if I should buy them all already and put more ambu etc in storage or wait on stuff I wouldn't use for now (but might be fun to CP in that gear on those jobs..)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-19 01:32:22  
Siren.Codegen said: »
how much is the price dropping

It drops for the whole server, and the amount is not much. Atonement 1 has been out for over a month and has only dropped 80k on Asura.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: mofat
Posts: 94
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-02-19 01:49:39  
these proc mechanics seem very similar to the T3 monkey in escha zitah.
 Asura.Kixstand
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kixstand
Posts: 16
By Asura.Kixstand 2021-02-19 02:20:49  
Apologies in advanced if this is answered already in this thread. I tried searching around but still am a little confused. I'm aware you can get a clear for t3's to purchase the armor by having someone with access take you in and get the kill. Is this correct? If so, would that automatically grant you access to be able to fight that nm on your own later?
Offline
Posts: 95
By zixxer 2021-02-19 02:29:04  
Asura.Kixstand said: »
Apologies in advanced if this is answered already in this thread. I tried searching around but still am a little confused. I'm aware you can get a clear for t3's to purchase the armor by having someone with access take you in and get the kill. Is this correct? If so, would that automatically grant you access to be able to fight that nm on your own later?

No, you cannot fight the T3 nm on your own later. You will still need to clear all of T1-2 to access on your own.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 239
By eeternal 2021-02-19 04:33:54  
anyone figured how to mitigate timbeeer? has an obnoxious amount of dmg
 Siren.Codegen
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
Posts: 163
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-19 05:28:09  
eeternal said: »
anyone figured how to mitigate timbeeer? has an obnoxious amount of dmg
Just my 2c but I think SE just wants people to prevent it, not mitigate it. Prevent the aura or make it go away with red and blue procs and he won't do it. I had a very smooth 5min fight with Mboze the tree where he didn't use aura or any bad moves. I think that move is meant to be a polite but clear way for the game to tell you that you're fighting it the wrong way.
Offline
Posts: 128
By Weeew 2021-02-19 05:38:21  
Siren.Codegen said: »
eeternal said: »
anyone figured how to mitigate timbeeer? has an obnoxious amount of dmg
Just my 2c but I think SE just wants people to prevent it, not mitigate it. Prevent the aura or make it go away with red and blue procs and he won't do it. I had a very smooth 5min fight with Mboze the tree where he didn't use aura or any bad moves. I think that move is meant to be a polite but clear way for the game to tell you that you're fighting it the wrong way.

We had a SAM solo dps it down with Fudo spam and did not see Timber either.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 341
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-19 06:51:36  
Siren.Codegen said: »
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »
I’ve not looked at your videos but on a normal melee strike that did the I initial proc did it happen to be a crit

Curious as to whether or not there’s a damage check or some sort that has to be met to get the initial proc before a ws for the secondary proc


Also bursting the bird sped ***up for us significantly

Have not tried it on the others yet

Ahh yes... in all 4 examples I do note that a critical hit is in that first attack round when I proc !! So it's not definitive but in all 4 of my examples yes a crit was done on that round of attacks that caused red !!.
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »
So From all this I’m getting;
3 weapon types
8 elements
All divided evenly between the 6 nms

So something like;

Shark = Blunt / Thunder / Light

Bird = Blunt / Stone / Darkness

Trex = Slashing / Water / Darkness

Tree = Slashing / Wind / Light

Bee = Piercing / Ice / Darkness

Lion = Piercing / Fire / Light

And set up skillchains and bursts to proc to keep them docile.

Yes looks right based on what I've put together as well (with exception of the light/dark alignment) with the exception of the last thing. Simply meleeing for a single attack with the weapon weakness will proc red !! and then doing a weaponskill with that same weapon will proc blue !! and stop fetter spam. Skillchains and burst will do the same thing if the same weakness element for that mob and increase damage output but are not necessary to keep the fetters at bay. Just trying to hammer this home as everyone keeps saying SC/MB and in not one of my 4 runs was that necessary, simply a piercing melee attack for red !! followed an evisceration for blue !! will keep the fetters at bay on Bee for an example.

I don't think this is correct. They don't get blue proc from ws and red proc from melee hits or critical hits. For the shark (weak to blunt) I was the only one meleeing it as monk with blunt damage, and with impetus etc it's almost all critical hits, and i was doing back to back 3-steps double light skillchains. Never got a blue proc (and all h2h ws are blunt), and after a few minutes when it got an aura i kept doing red proc with my light skillchains and making the fetters disappear. Won without fully removing aura just by killing fast in the last 10%.
I think the lag makes it harder to attribute cause and effect because things get rendered in weir orders seconds after something actually happens.

Side question, anybody that started doing them at higher vengeance, how much is the price dropping? I got the unlock on all armor sets now, even for jobs I don't use, trying to decide if I should buy them all already and put more ambu etc in storage or wait on stuff I wouldn't use for now (but might be fun to CP in that gear on those jobs..)

It's possible that the shark operates differently or that something else was going on. Would be easier if I could watch the vid and analyze as there is a lot of triggers and such for these. Perhaps your skillchains are causing some kind of additional mechanic as I am NOT skillchaning. I can say in the 4 examples on Xivioso this is what occurred in every fight. Melee hit, Red Proc, Evis, Blue Proc. Lag and none of that even plays into it, just watch the screen and log it's very obvious that this what is occurring in every run if you just watch.
 Siren.Codegen
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
Posts: 163
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-19 07:53:27  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Siren.Codegen said: »
I don't think this is correct. They don't get blue proc from ws and red proc from melee hits or critical hits. For the shark (weak to blunt) I was the only one meleeing it as monk with blunt damage, and with impetus etc it's almost all critical hits, and i was doing back to back 3-steps double light skillchains. Never got a blue proc (and all h2h ws are blunt), and after a few minutes when it got an aura i kept doing red proc with my light skillchains and making the fetters disappear. Won without fully removing aura just by killing fast in the last 10%.
I think the lag makes it harder to attribute cause and effect because things get rendered in weir orders seconds after something actually happens.

Side question, anybody that started doing them at higher vengeance, how much is the price dropping? I got the unlock on all armor sets now, even for jobs I don't use, trying to decide if I should buy them all already and put more ambu etc in storage or wait on stuff I wouldn't use for now (but might be fun to CP in that gear on those jobs..)

It's possible that the shark operates differently or that something else was going on. Would be easier if I could watch the vid and analyze as there is a lot of triggers and such for these. Perhaps your skillchains are causing some kind of additional mechanic as I am NOT skillchaning. I can say in the 4 examples on Xivioso this is what occurred in every fight. Melee hit, Red Proc, Evis, Blue Proc. Lag and none of that even plays into it, just watch the screen and log it's very obvious that this what is occurring in every run if you just watch.

You said you were not skillchaining but if you look at your own bee win at 13:00-13:06 it actually seems to show conclusively that both red and blue procs are purely from skilchains, you have a red proc on a distortion followed by a blue proc on darkness, which supports the idea that skillchains and not normal hits or weaponskills alone cause procs https://youtu.be/3c-Urgn3a3Y?t=779

So even if those skillchains were not planned and just luck with yor trusts that still supports the idea that skillchains and not normal hits or weaponskills alone cause procs.

Also, if you saw procs at other times not related to this you also had arciela who melees constantly and has the special effect were all her hits are counted as ws damage and dark elemental (e.g. they cure lilith and trigger rage on her melee hits in NMs that rage on ws), and luckily darkness is the bee's weakness and not light. It's possible that what you attributed to your hits was due to her constant dark ws damage from her special type of melee (would be a great find too if it can be verified), or lucky skillchains between trusts (AAEV an sel'theius with arciela in your case).

I've done successful runs on all the bosses now and none of them seemed to match normal hits or crits. And generally constant skillchains (e.g. from sam skillchaining etc) gave the smoothest runs with good suppression or prevention of fetters.

About the shark, if you look at the 3 screenshots I took from my early solo try, you can see:
-fig.1: crits with no aura = no procs.
-fig.2: WS with aura = red proc only (image is not showing but I think there was a light sc effect right after it which I think is what caused the red proc).
-fig.3: Crits with aura = no procs
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54555/the-odyssey-strategy-and-discussion/80#3565092
Not sure why my light sc were only giving me red proc and not blue, maybe I needed something like thunder>llght instead of light>light..
 Asura.Toralin
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
Posts: 1045
By Asura.Toralin 2021-02-19 08:31:56  
Anyone have a way to mitigate Tiiimbeeer from Mboze? Anyone tried stun? probably a joke with the lag in there though.
 Phoenix.Logical
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 341
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-19 09:04:01  
I
Siren.Codegen said: »
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Siren.Codegen said: »
I don't think this is correct. They don't get blue proc from ws and red proc from melee hits or critical hits. For the shark (weak to blunt) I was the only one meleeing it as monk with blunt damage, and with impetus etc it's almost all critical hits, and i was doing back to back 3-steps double light skillchains. Never got a blue proc (and all h2h ws are blunt), and after a few minutes when it got an aura i kept doing red proc with my light skillchains and making the fetters disappear. Won without fully removing aura just by killing fast in the last 10%.
I think the lag makes it harder to attribute cause and effect because things get rendered in weir orders seconds after something actually happens.

Side question, anybody that started doing them at higher vengeance, how much is the price dropping? I got the unlock on all armor sets now, even for jobs I don't use, trying to decide if I should buy them all already and put more ambu etc in storage or wait on stuff I wouldn't use for now (but might be fun to CP in that gear on those jobs..)

It's possible that the shark operates differently or that something else was going on. Would be easier if I could watch the vid and analyze as there is a lot of triggers and such for these. Perhaps your skillchains are causing some kind of additional mechanic as I am NOT skillchaning. I can say in the 4 examples on Xivioso this is what occurred in every fight. Melee hit, Red Proc, Evis, Blue Proc. Lag and none of that even plays into it, just watch the screen and log it's very obvious that this what is occurring in every run if you just watch.

You said you were not skillchaining but if you look at your own bee win at 13:00-13:06 it actually seems to show conclusively that both red and blue procs are purely from skilchains, you have a red proc on a distortion followed by a blue proc on darkness, which supports the idea that skillchains and not normal hits or weaponskills alone cause procs https://youtu.be/3c-Urgn3a3Y?t=779

So even if those skillchains were not planned and just luck with yor trusts that still supports the idea that skillchains and not normal hits or weaponskills alone cause procs.

Also, if you saw procs at other times not related to this you also had arciela who melees constantly and has the special effect were all her hits are counted as ws damage and dark elemental (e.g. they cure lilith and trigger rage on her melee hits in NMs that rage on ws), and luckily darkness is the bee's weakness and not light. It's possible that what you attributed to your hits was due to her constant dark ws damage from her special type of melee (would be a great find too if it can be verified), or lucky skillchains between trusts (AAEV an sel'theius with arciela in your case).

I've done successful runs on all the bosses now and none of them seemed to match normal hits or crits. And generally constant skillchains (e.g. from sam skillchaining etc) gave the smoothest runs with good suppression or prevention of fetters.

About the shark, if you look at the 3 screenshots I took from my early solo try, you can see:
-fig.1: crits with no aura = no procs.
-fig.2: WS with aura = red proc only (image is not showing but I think there was a light sc effect right after it which I think is what caused the red proc).
-fig.3: Crits with aura = no procs
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54555/the-odyssey-strategy-and-discussion/80#3565092
Not sure why my light sc were only giving me red proc and not blue, maybe I needed something like thunder>llght instead of light>light..

Yes I answered this yesterday a page or two back. That one example is clouded so lets look at my other 3 examples which all show exactly what I'm talking about.

You may be able to infer that based on that one example but you can also infer the explanation I give as the timing also lines up. Watch the log closely, I get pushed back due to the TP move, the Red proc window is open, I am slow to get back into range and actually don't melee him again for several seconds, watch the log for the Critical hit at 12:50 for 871 that causes Red !!. Further rounds of piercing attack cause further Red !!, then the evisceration at 13:04 causes blue proc and makes it go away.

So since that's a clouded example, lets look at the other 3 runs I have, all of which show what I describe without any skillchains confusing the issue. Lets take this one for an example
https://youtu.be/-Fj_9oHCaLA
At 22:15 Whirlwind is used, I get back in range, trigger red !!, fetter drops, I use evis, blue proc, fetter disappears.

Another example is in that same video when Droning Whirlwind happens at 10:53, I don't touch it again until 11:08 which is when red proc occurs, notice I don't use evis… no blue proc occurs, aura stays up,,, I pull it away. Red procs keep occurring as I keep meleeing, it's not until 11:45 when I eviseration that blue proc occurs… almost a full minute after the window opened. If it was arciela she would have triggerd it in that time. Also remember that gaol lag is coming into play here so you have to watch the log and know that graphical delays in the visual proc may occur as seen in my examples.

The best example is in my third run but I haven't posted that one, perhaps I will as it's an even clearer example of this occurring. I'll cut that video up and post it here later today.
Offline
Posts: 115
By Guyford 2021-02-19 09:45:08  
Siren.Codegen said: »
eeternal said: »
anyone figured how to mitigate timbeeer? has an obnoxious amount of dmg
Just my 2c but I think SE just wants people to prevent it, not mitigate it. Prevent the aura or make it go away with red and blue procs and he won't do it. I had a very smooth 5min fight with Mboze the tree where he didn't use aura or any bad moves. I think that move is meant to be a polite but clear way for the game to tell you that you're fighting it the wrong way.

He can use Timber regardless of the aura! Yaegesumi and sherzo/ea don't work. Haven't tried migawari or Invincible/sentinel.
 Phoenix.Logical
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 341
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-19 11:08:27  
Here is a video going over what I've seen in regards to Red/Blue proc and Fetter Despawn as well as detailing the way I think it works. All 4 examples are shown and slowed down so you can see what's going on.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 1781
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-19 11:53:08  
There may be a directional component to getting blue proc; for example, normsl Kumhau requires a WS from behind (after hitting it with fire damage) to get rid of aura.
 Phoenix.Logical
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 341
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-19 12:02:13  
Asura.Geriond said: »
There may be a directional component to getting blue proc; for example, normsl Kumhau requires a WS from behind (after hitting it with fire damage) to get rid of aura.

Interesting, I do see that on all three instances of the blue proc in my examples I was behind him in one form or another, in that one odd third example I was in side/front. Definitely something I'll test, fortunately I intend the normal strategy is for you to be behind the nm in these runs so this should work out well if it's all simply from behind.
 Siren.Codegen
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
Posts: 163
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-19 13:39:06  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
There may be a directional component to getting blue proc; for example, normsl Kumhau requires a WS from behind (after hitting it with fire damage) to get rid of aura.

Interesting, I do see that on all three instances of the blue proc in my examples I was behind him in one form or another, in that one odd third example I was in side/front. Definitely something I'll test, fortunately I intend the normal strategy is for you to be behind the nm in these runs so this should work out well if it's all simply from behind.
I'm not fully sold on critical hits being enough to proc, but i it was critical hits + from behind, that would explain both your observations and mine, since on monk I was doing almost constant rapid critical hits but I was doing too much damage and quickly stole hate from my 41 mog mastery Amchuchu tank I had summoned hoping it would help me proc with rune enthunder, so all my hits were from the front and I was tanking for the rest of the fight, and Amchuchu was not blunt damage.
I guess if you have 2 DD doing these bosses it might pay off to stay on opposite sides just in case, or opposite the tank if he can hold hate..
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2021-02-19 13:46:32
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 28
By Honeybaked 2021-02-19 22:58:35  
Asura.Nuance said: »
So From all this I’m getting;
3 weapon types
8 elements
All divided evenly between the 6 nms

So something like;

Shark = Blunt / Thunder / Light

Bird = Blunt / Stone / Darkness

Trex = Slashing / Water / Darkness

Tree = Slashing / Wind / Light

Bee = Piercing / Ice / Darkness

Lion = Piercing / Fire / Light

And set up skillchains and bursts to proc to keep them docile.

Ongo (Bird) is NOT blunt weak.

How is everyone taking it down? Just went with MNK DD(that killed the Shark in less than 2 minutes) and only got it to 55% before timing out.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
Posts: 163
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-19 23:01:33  
Honeybaked said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »
So From all this I’m getting;
3 weapon types
8 elements
All divided evenly between the 6 nms

So something like;

Shark = Blunt / Thunder / Light

Bird = Blunt / Stone / Darkness

Trex = Slashing / Water / Darkness

Tree = Slashing / Wind / Light

Bee = Piercing / Ice / Darkness

Lion = Piercing / Fire / Light

And set up skillchains and bursts to proc to keep them docile.

Ongo (Bird) is NOT blunt weak.

How is everyone taking it down? Just went with MNK DD(that killed the Shark in less than 2 minutes) and only got it to 55% before timing out.
The bird Ongo is not weak to ANY physical dama type, it's weak to magic, earth magic damage. I took it down with a completely magic setup, SCH making gravitation and then mage jobs doing MB stone damage. There is only 1 blunt-weak NM unfortunately, just the shark.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 115
By Guyford 2021-02-20 00:53:34  
Weak might be a strong word. In my experience it took half earth dmg. Has anyone confirmed that it doesn't take full ranged damage?
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: aerandir
Posts: 54
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2021-02-20 01:38:04  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
There may be a directional component to getting blue proc; for example, normsl Kumhau requires a WS from behind (after hitting it with fire damage) to get rid of aura.

Interesting, I do see that on all three instances of the blue proc in my examples I was behind him in one form or another, in that one odd third example I was in side/front. Definitely something I'll test, fortunately I intend the normal strategy is for you to be behind the nm in these runs so this should work out well if it's all simply from behind.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but it does appear that you get a blue proc on the third example. I see what looks like some of the animation around the 6:30-6:31 mark in your video. It looks like some of the same speed-lines on the other blue procs, however it's missing the "!!". The aura also appears to drop at this point. If so, this may be another example of some of the lag/delay you talk about, or maybe related to Ark EV dying around the same time.

All in all, this system is looking very close to how Fleetstalker works. Water damage on Fleetstalker from Enwater will get an almost continuous string of red procs in a similar manner to what I'm seeing, and then a followup weaponskill gets the blue to drop the aura.
 Odin.Senaki
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
Posts: 758
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-20 02:42:28  
T2:

Procne (Tulfaire)
  • Does a myriad of conal attacks.

  • Basically spams abilities one after another past 50% HP. (So don't worry about TP feeding, she will spam them anyway).

  • Has a potent knock back. (Fight her against a wall and it isn't an issue) [or use a trust tank to bypass this].

  • Does typical Tulfaire moves.

  • Over 7 min fight, didn't seem to SP/1hr. It's possible she has a 1hr, I just didn't observe it.

Offline
Posts: 4785
By SimonSes 2021-02-20 03:13:31  
Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
There may be a directional component to getting blue proc; for example, normsl Kumhau requires a WS from behind (after hitting it with fire damage) to get rid of aura.

Interesting, I do see that on all three instances of the blue proc in my examples I was behind him in one form or another, in that one odd third example I was in side/front. Definitely something I'll test, fortunately I intend the normal strategy is for you to be behind the nm in these runs so this should work out well if it's all simply from behind.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but it does appear that you get a blue proc on the third example. I see what looks like some of the animation around the 6:30-6:31 mark in your video. It looks like some of the same speed-lines on the other blue procs, however it's missing the "!!". The aura also appears to drop at this point. If so, this may be another example of some of the lag/delay you talk about, or maybe related to Ark EV dying around the same time.

All in all, this system is looking very close to how Fleetstalker works. Water damage on Fleetstalker from Enwater will get an almost continuous string of red procs in a similar manner to what I'm seeing, and then a followup weaponskill gets the blue to drop the aura.

I already posted that in youtube comment. !! is missing simply because he was to close to target and !! was above screen. I think !! was just delayed by lag and happened after Evisceration or crit hit. Not sure how much he slowed down that video there. If it's 0.25 speed then Evisceration at 6:13 was really only 4 sec before proc, so definitely in range of lag.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eelman
Posts: 125
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-02-20 05:28:52  


It was the first camp of mobs (tigers). So no one could have opened a chest or anything, which would have been 100 anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 1781
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-20 07:10:11  
Sometimes ths game combines two segment messages into one if they're very close; note that there's only 9 messages there instead of 10.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 1781
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-21 11:32:32  
What's the best strat for Marmorkrebs at V levels above 0? It's got like 60% PDT and an undispellable defense boost WS, and Sundering Snip is absolutely vicious, so a magic burst strategy might be best, but I'm not sure how magically resistant he is.
Offline
Posts: 4785
By SimonSes 2021-02-21 11:43:16  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Craklaw weak to Thunder
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-21 11:52:28  
Looks like above V0, all of the tier 2 (probably every NM in Gaol) resists something specific (as mentioned by Papesse), so you'll need to strategize based on that weakness or non resistance

Did 3 Henwen on a slashing, piercing, and blunt job and he resisted the first two to around the same degree you noticed on craklaw, so much that I timed out at 20% both times. The blunt user (monk) did great for the first 50%, until it took hate from AAEV. Then he turns into an insanely violent bull that never stops attacking due to zealous snort's counter, attack speed from haste, his guard rate and his normal attacks, which he has access to DA/TA. You also can't dispel his haste or counter I don't think. Ajido and qultada missed on dark shot and refused to use dispel, and alternative wiki implies some of the buffs from zealous snort can't be removed.

It's pretty ridiculous how he can counter 3-6 attacks in a row, taking you from 3000hp to 1000 in one attack round. He's deadly and probably a pain to solo with just standard trusts. I timed out at 1% on monk on +5, because he blocks so much damage from the front. Definitely can't steamroll him without a solid tank. I'm strategizing building a -50 enmity build with schere earring and Yngvi necklace swaps, since AAEV can tank him pretty easily aside from barreling smash critical move. Monk has no way to drop it's hate without sub, so it makes using a trust tank difficult since they can't retain hate very well from any decently geared DD
 Sylph.Gippo
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gippo
Posts: 43
By Sylph.Gippo 2021-02-21 12:29:11  
Is it confirmed though that blunt dmg type is what procs red/blue on Ongo?

I don't mind taking a magic setup as long as I know I can proc when needed.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 110 111 112
Log in to post.