All divided evenly between the 6 nms

So something like;

Shark = Blunt / Thunder / Light

Bird = Blunt / Stone / Darkness

Trex = Slashing / Water / Darkness

Tree = Slashing / Wind / Light

Bee = Piercing / Ice / Darkness

Lion = Piercing / Fire / Light

And set up skillchains and bursts to proc to keep them docile.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 15:03:12  
They all seem to be neutral to light and darkness.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-18 15:04:27  
Asura.Geriond said: »
They all seem to be neutral to light and darkness.

More for the bursting opportunity off those SC although did bird the other day and I’d say the darkness definitely lead to the secondary proc to remove aura ***while extending the burst window for me for stone
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 15:07:58  
Asura.Nuance said: »
So From all this I’m getting;
3 weapon types
8 elements
All divided evenly between the 6 nms

So something like;

And set up skillchains and bursts to proc to keep them docile.

Yes looks right based on what I've put together as well (with exception of the light/dark alignment) with the exception of the last thing. Simply meleeing for a single attack with the weapon weakness will proc red !! and then doing a weaponskill with that same weapon will proc blue !! and stop fetter spam. Skillchains and burst will do the same thing if the same weakness element for that mob and increase damage output but are not necessary to keep the fetters at bay. Just trying to hammer this home as everyone keeps saying SC/MB and in not one of my 4 runs was that necessary, simply a piercing melee attack for red !! followed an evisceration for blue !! will keep the fetters at bay on Bee for an example.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-18 15:14:34  
I’ve not looked at your videos but on a normal melee strike that did the I initial proc did it happen to be a crit

Curious as to whether or not there’s a damage check or some sort that has to be met to get the initial proc before a ws for the secondary proc

Also bursting the bird sped ***up for us significantly

Have not tried it on the others yet
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 15:32:04  
I’ve not looked at your videos but on a normal melee strike that did the I initial proc did it happen to be a crit

Curious as to whether or not there’s a damage check or some sort that has to be met to get the initial proc before a ws for the secondary proc

Also bursting the bird sped ***up for us significantly

Have not tried it on the others yet

Ahh yes... in all 4 examples I do note that a critical hit is in that first attack round when I proc !! So it's not definitive but in all 4 of my examples yes a crit was done on that round of attacks that caused red !!.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-18 15:48:23  
So something like;

Didn't I read somewhere that they also absorb certain elements? (I thought someone said Gabbrath absorbed either Fire or Light damage)
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-18 16:09:41  
One would hope that whenever we tack down these weaknesses 100% then someone doing these fights wouldn’t make the mistake of doing something dumb like that to begin with. You only get 15mins and not doing just a little research for the benefit of your group beforehand is your fault.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-18 16:24:04  
I have a question about Sheol Gaol's atonement levels / armor upgrades.

So say person 1 killed every T1-T2 NM and has T3 unlocked.

Can Person 2, who has never beat the T1s nor T2s, join person 1 for the T3 fights?

And then further, can person 2 upgrade/rank up their armor upon doing repeated fights with person 1?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-18 16:31:51  
Odin.Senaki said: »
So say person 1 killed every T1-T2 NM and has T3 unlocked.

Can Person 2, who has never beat the T1s nor T2s, join person 1 for the T3 fights?

Person 2 can join the T3 fight

And then further, can person 2 upgrade/rank up their armor upon doing repeated fights with person 1?

They will get RP for whatever Veng+ they join on, that part is confirmed. What I don't know is if the option to spend your RP is unlocked at the point you start receiving it, or if you have to clear all of the lower tiers first. My assumption is you can spend your RP as soon as you start earning it
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-18 16:32:33  
A person can get the clears yes, I dont know about ability to start upgrading though.

So you can buy the armor.

(so where the *** all the mercs at!? real talk take my money) If you're soloing it, and not letting someone pretend to be qultada or ulmia, you're missing out on easy money. (5m and you get rolls and I won't interrupt your skillchains Qultada+1)
Also... in general, where the hell are the mercs. No VD, No Omens, No Odins, No T3 runs, No abjuration farmers, all this money on the table. Deader than ***the last few days. Sad Boi.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-02-18 17:52:41  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
A person can get the clears yes, I dont know about ability to start upgrading though.

So you can buy the armor.

(so where the *** all the mercs at!? real talk take my money) If you're soloing it, and not letting someone pretend to be qultada or ulmia, you're missing out on easy money. (5m and you get rolls and I won't interrupt your skillchains Qultada+1)
Also... in general, where the hell are the mercs. No VD, No Omens, No Odins, No T3 runs, No abjuration farmers, all this money on the table. Deader than ***the last few days. Sad Boi.

Was selling Ambu a bit earlier in the month but the buyers were slim at 6-7mil/run. Omen I used to do pre-sparks nerf and that was good gil, but once everything lowered in price doing runs for a 10mil ammurapi shield just isn’t worth the hassle. Odin was good for a while, but then 24/7 rmt stepped in and it’s only worth doing for head/body as the rings/weapons are rarer. You couldn’t pay me RL $$$ to farm escha. I hate the random drop stuff.

Working my way towards atonement 3 NMs and then I’ll be glad to sell those. I personally don’t like wasting my time on drop-rate-dependent gil. Only interested in guaranteed cash (unless the drop rate is high enough to be worthwhile, but can’t think of many. Even VD Lilith/Alex isn’t worth merc’ing imo).
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-18 18:26:58  
I don't know man but 6mil for Ambu is expensive. If it was 800k-900k for a stack of Alex then maybe. I would buy the run for an alt then sell the Alex and cash in the extras for cape materials, vouchers/tokens and armor upgrades

At 350k alex, it would be insane to pay 6mil unless the person is really desperate. 4mil and you start getting buyers. 3mil and the order will flood you.

Odyssey is different. It's new and you can skip the lesser NM. So maybe people will pay a premium for that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-18 18:34:03  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
So maybe people will pay a premium for that.

I am shocked how few people aren't making a goldmine from this. Though segments is the real block, still. I wouldn't expect any less than 10m/clear, since you get a full set of gear for it and 2 weapons. Not seeing the merc shouts like I expected. Perhaps even the potential buyers need segments.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-02-18 18:42:26  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
I don't know man but 6mil for Ambu is expensive. If it was 800k-900k for a stack of Alex then maybe. I would buy the run for an alt then sell the Alex and cash in the extras for cape materials, vouchers/tokens and armor upgrades

At 350k alex, it would be insane to pay 6mil unless the person is really desperate. 4mil and you start getting buyers. 3mil and the order will flood you.

Oh I totally agree. 6mil/run is quite high. But this month you're either giving yourself carpal tunnel shooting arrows as COR/RNG or being stun locked 90% of the fight as PLD. Most Ambu months I can duo with a friend between me and their characters, but this month requires more people (and time than usual) which in turn requires a higher price for me to find it worth doing to sell.

I think the Odyssey buyers will come, but the new "BiS" gearsets also need to be updated for every job. Most people just wanna look at BGWiki/FFXIAH, find the desired sets, then either A) Kill the mobs or B) pay a merc to get that gear.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-18 18:53:33  
Yeah, I think fragments is the bigger block for the Merc and the buyers.

Solo buyers will have a hard time farming for the fragments if they haven't done any odyssey. I got like 400 fragments in 2 runs climbing for the clears and teleports. Not sure if I could solo for 1k fragments per day or not.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-18 19:42:23  
When you finish the Sheol C RoE, you recieve 3 Moglophone II KI's for free right then and there. I saw someone post a few pages back that they could bring their friend into a T2 fight without their friend having even done any Sheol Gaol at all yet. Edit: Also, literally a few posts above this said the same thing, I'm blind. This means, any one who wasn't interested in Odyssey (like myself) up until the recent update and never bothered with the content are now able to pay right away for 3 T3 clears as long as they're brought in by the PT leader.

Segments aren't a problem for those people right now at all. They might be a problem for the people mercing the content itself, for sure, but believe me when I tell you there's a TON of people waiting with 3 KI's right now for somebody to sell it to them.

A question I have about Gaol is, does it allow alliances or is it 6 man content only?
By Guyford 2021-02-18 19:45:55  
Aricomfy said: »
When you finish the Sheol C RoE, you recieve 3 Moglophone II KI's for free right then and there. I saw someone post a few pages back that they could bring their friend into a T2 fight without their friend having even done any Sheol Gaol at all yet. This means, any one who wasn't interested in Odyssey (like myself) up until the recent update and never bothered with the content are now able to pay right away for 3 T3 clears as long as they're brought in by the PT leader.

Segments aren't a problem for those people right now at all. They might be a problem for the people mercing the content itself, for sure, but believe me when I tell you there's a TON of people waiting with 3 KI's right now for somebody to sell it to them.

A question I have about Gaol is, does it allow alliances or is it 6 man content only?

Not exactly, you need 3 kis to enter, so this would enable you to enter once, then you'd have to get 3k segments again. That is unless the mercs are actually dealing with the no repeated jobs bs for 3 straight NMs.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-18 19:50:52  
Yeah, farming back those segments will be a lot easier on people though once they get that first T3 clear and grab that equipment I imagine. Not too difficult to get 3K again relatively quickly and a lot of groups can get it in a single run it seems.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-02-18 20:11:49  
I’m still surprised SE programmed it like this so you can exit and come back in. It seems to usurp their intention of being flexible with jobs
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-18 20:14:53  
That's why you can't enter unless you have 3 phone IIs.

They set it up so you could burn all 3, or burn one, but get locked out after.

... where they failed was making a bonus for doing more than one. But I see the thought that was there.

You could do 3 and then farm 3 pops worth, or do 1 and farm 1 pop worth, the logic is sound, but the implementation as always was lacking. (you have a stockpile of segments now, but in a month that won't be the case)((I mean, you could stockpile a million segments and farm one by one by one, but be reasonable))

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-18 21:00:44  
Does anyone know if T1: Gogmagog, can be shadowbind (ed)?
By Taint 2021-02-18 21:40:52  
Did Odyssey server just crash? Extreme lag in Gaol led to a wipe and now I'm kicked out of Shoal B and can't get back on.

3203 error "Unable to connect to area server"
 Asura.Aessk
user: Hobbes423
By Asura.Aessk 2021-02-18 21:58:22  
We also crashed. After a few minutes we managed to get back on but were booted out. Just entered again. Just still the lagfest it's always been.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-18 22:32:11  
Does anyone know if T1: Gogmagog, can be shadowbind (ed)?

He can be, as normal Bind from RDM lands without any issue on him. He can also be hit with Gravity to kite his SP.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-19 01:00:23  
I found this in a JP blog post and thought it might be a useful reference for segment farming. The post was about Sheol C, so I don't know if this extends to A and B, though. Also, the usual google translate disclaimer, I can't read JP. lol.

It's a listing of each mob type's dmg resistance. Seems like rather than having a weakness, each mob just resists one dmg type.
Quote:
Slash resist: Aquans / Undead / Lamia
Blunt resist: Lizard / Bird / Dragon / Troll
Pierce resist: Beasts / Arcana / Demon / Mamoolja
Magic resist: Vermins / Plantoids / Amorphs

And some info on a few of the Sheol C NMs.
Quote:
NMs
Chaos steward: Pierce resist
Asena(Cerb): Pierce resist
Lotanu(Wyrm) Blunt resist
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 237 238 239