フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 237 238 239
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-12 03:33:41  
Traded 5 Emperor arthro shells to vortex (dunno how many it took from inventory, might have only taken 1 of the 5). Summoned Brachys, a crab that had a high *** counter rate and instantly killed me on my thf in one attack round. 500+ damage counters with no DT set. Likely not advisable to spawn mobs solo with trusts.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 04:02:06  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Personal box at the end when touching Otherworldy Vortex for each FETTER you kill, for all party members. If u kill all 4 fetters AND EVERYTHING around them it seems you will get 4 boxes.

~edited phrasing

So looks like if you solo, go for trash and farm with th4+ and for group you kill featers and go touch otherwordly.

Unless maybe kill 2 featers solo and go to the top? You could open 2 chests that way and get 2 boxes. So in theory maybe even get 4 chests and some scales from farming.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 04:48:09  
SimonSes said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Well if dude already finished a piece few days after update, there isnt much time gate here it seems.

Probably just the appetitizer was released (im on a work trip, cant "enjoy" the new content till weekend...)

He finished because he bought scales or have legion of mules. Regular player with 1 account will need realistically around 10-14 days for one piece farming daily.

But thats the point. If you can get enough just from market in few days that means its not that huge grind.

And vanillas, if they are moderately smart will farm their dailies the farm money to get the rest of the scales.

But this also indicate we can have something new next month already
Unlike lilith that was designed to last a couple of month, the current odyssey seems to have been designed to be complete or nearly complete by the time of next update.
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 05:29:28  
Well if dude already finished a piece few days after update, there isnt much time gate here it seems.

Probably just the appetitizer was released (im on a work trip, cant "enjoy" the new content till weekend...)

He finished because he bought scales or have legion of mules. Regular player with 1 account will need realistically around 10-14 days for one piece farming daily.

But thats the point. If you can get enough just from market in few days that means its not that huge grind.

And vanillas, if they are moderately smart will farm their dailies the farm money to get the rest of the scales.

Unlike lilith that was designed to last a couple of month, the current odyssey seems to have been designed to be complete or nearly complete by the time of next update.

You are missing the fact that people went with their naked mule and sneak/invi for ~45 scales per mule. Its one time thing. They also sell it because they think its the biggest gain now, but in few weeks they will try to buy back for cheaper price and then they will realise that suddenly everyone need scales but not enough people will want to sell them.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 05:52:39  
But suposelly can you get the reward with a fresh created mule with just access, inv sneak?
 Bahamut.Minimuse
サーバ: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-03-12 07:04:32  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Personal box at the end when touching Otherworldy Vortex for each FETTER you kill, for all party members. If u kill all 4 fetters AND EVERYTHING around them it seems you will get 4 boxes.

~edited phrasing

So looks like if you solo, go for trash and farm with th4+ and for group you kill fetters and go touch otherwordly.

Unless maybe kill 2 fetters solo and go to the top? You could open 2 chests that way and get 2 boxes. So in theory maybe even get 4 chests and some scales from farming.

I'm not sure if you need to just kill the fetters or the fetters + all the semi-invisible beastmen around the fetters.

It's possible to kill a fetter without aggro from the semi invisible beastmen that are sight aggro like Yagudo and Orcs. I'm assuming Quadav will sound aggro which makes them easier to gather in a group.

On the first day, when I duo'd with my cousin on RUN and me on COR with a THF4 set, we killed 1 fetter but stopped killing the semi-invisible beastmen because they were not dropping anything. Not all of the beastmen aggro'd. Only the Yagudo beastmen that were in sight of us or each other aggro'd us. Care needs to be taken by support in this case as support will get aggro'd if they rush in too early before the tank has claim on everything. These mobs hit very hard.

Definitely go in with at least th4 if solo farming just trash mobs.

Go in with a full, balanced party to maximize drops from fetters. The fetters are easy to kill. The beastmen hit hard and have a little more hp than common trash mobs. Helps to sleep them too as they can easily overwhelm even the toughest of tanks.
 Asura.Deijixfx
サーバ: Asura
user: Deijixfx
By Asura.Deijixfx 2020-03-12 07:15:40  
Me and a group of peeps went in yesterday, to do some testing.
Killing a fetter + beastman group rewards 10 izzat, no special drops were seen, we did not have a thief, just a range using bounty shot.

Gonna test farm some nms tonight. i tried to spawn 1 today with my alt using unity items, turns out 1 is not enough.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-03-12 07:46:14  
My second run of this is probably the best I can do.

Went in, killed all normal monsters, Feters and Beastmen, killed all of the Yaguado. I had 20 Izzat, spawn a Unity NM Which was a Sporebat type mob that died in a 4 step SC. This NM used Blood WEapon, the NM I tried yesterday used 100 fists and rek'd me.

I got 90 Izzat from Monsters and 22 from the 2 boxes that I got from NM and a chest I used them on. The only thing I didn't do on Floor 1 was spawn the Junction that said "Item can be used to pop something here" I had 3 Sarama Hides, 2 Thuban Things and neither worked, nor did a combination of them work.

All of my drops were done with TH2 from Gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-12 07:54:36  
That's two, already
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI Updated (Mar. 12)

A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

[Date & Time]
Mar. 12, 2020 3:00 (PDT)
Mar. 12, 2020 10:00 (GMT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
An issue in Battle Content "Odyssey" was addressed.
 Asura.Deijixfx
By Asura.Deijixfx 2020-03-12 07:56:35  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
spawn a Unity NM Which was a Sporebat type mob

What method did you use to spawn this nm?
By Wotasu 2020-03-12 08:03:02  
Asura.Deijixfx said: »

an Ethereal Junction spawns when you kill a Fetter, and it takes 10 Izzat to trigger. I got a Goobbue Type NM which also used Blood Weapon. 2nd Ethereal Junction asked for an item, maybe s Scale? Didnt think about that until later.
 Ragnarok.Inx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2020-03-12 08:12:56  
Few unanswered questions:

How is the augmentation to Trust power in Odyssey earned? I believe the requirement must be more than simply killing sets of trash mobs and making it to the otherworldly at the end.

Rewards upon reaching end were:

360k gil from a group that killed everything on first floor, 2 NM's popped.

100k gil for solo killing 2 groups (4 izzat) worth of scrubs and reaching end.

On another run I also got 100k gil for solo killing more scrubs (4 sets I think.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2020-03-12 08:20:03  
Seems like the NMs from either spawn point will be one of the 119/122 unity NMs with similar mechanics, but not exactly the same as my morbol didn't go through 3 stages and only did blood weapon. May be a good ideal to either focus on repeatedly killing one to raise its kill count for the moogle or killing all of them at least once. Can't wait for Pandemonium Warden v3 in the future lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 08:21:13  
360k per char?
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2020-03-12 08:23:07  
Yep. Surprised the hell out of us.

But as I said I was getting 100k for just clearing a couple of easy rooms and heading for the exit solo for the RoE.

Thinking about it, we did a bit more than the first floor full clear on that run, did a second fetter and agon mobs and popped another NM at least.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-12 08:25:51  
Almost 2m generated per party for a 30m work.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-03-12 09:07:44  
Asura.Deijixfx said: »

So there seems to be 2 spawn methods, Unity Item (I think 5 minimum) or Izzat once you have killed a fetter.

In terms of the invisible mobs I don't know if its a coincidence or not but every time they have aggro'd they go after my GEO and no other character. Dunno if the bubble is causing something funky to happen.

It should be possible, to kill fetters on all floors + escape as low as 3 man, I cleared everything in my run and had about 3 minutes to spare but a lot of it was goofing about looking at chests etc. I'd say 4 man would be the most optimal though as you can't really AOE.

Only flaw would be is that the fetters on floors seem to be placed randomly so you could get screwed over on travel times but imagine if you wanted to eat some taco's and take that risk you could and do it no probs.
By Weeew 2020-03-12 09:16:26  
My second run experience soloing on COR with trusts:
  • Leaden Salute all the things

• Tact/Sam with august, ygnas, monb, star sybill, koru

• Killed everything on floor 1 and 4 groups on floor 2

• 30 izzat but could only find 2 chests to open

• both chests only dropped 1 box each so was a little unlucky

• TH4

Ended up with 135 scales. Could have been alot higher if I found a third chest and if the chests dropped more than 1 box each.

(I also got a message saying 'moogle magic II' when I killed a regular enemy. Must be to do with the total amount of things killed.)
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 10:09:31  
Weeew said: »
both chests only dropped 1 box each so was a little unlucky

That is not being unlucky. Chest can drop 0 boxes too. I think from like 13 chests I opened so far I got one box 7 times, no box 5 times and 2 boxes one time.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-12 10:28:14  
I mean it'd be super lame, but couldnt RMT just:

Create a character -> Buy oils/powders -> SuperWarp to Rabao -> create a script to run to 7th floor flux -> Get reward -> Delete Char -> Rinse & Repeat?

There's no lockout to this content, is there?

It only takes what, like 10mins to get to the flux if you know the route? Depending on prices of scales, it may be more profitable than sparks farming on 18 chars.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-12 10:36:24  
Sparks are instant gil with lower enforcement. Running a neverending parade of lv1s through this would be extremely noticable(queues would be insane too), never mind that you need to sell them to make the gil.

Maybe theoretically possible, but I wouldn't expect it to happen.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-03-12 11:26:57  
My findings thus far:

As stated multiples times already here, you can sneak/invisible to maneuver around the mobs here. However..

The invisible mobs appear true sight and/or sound, so you have to be cautious of them.

Appears that killing fetters gives personal loot. We all got a box.

You can solo for the RoE if you want following the guidlines above.

Competing RoE gives you 1 large box.

Clear is NOT party wide and each person must touch it individually for credit. (Also recieved 60k gil, we cleared 1 fetter/quadavs, and the mob family near it)

Didn't notice until after fetter and invisible mobs were dead, but one or the other gave 10 izzat.

Have tried a few different unity mats for unm 119/122 and traded 5 to pop a NM. NM that spawned was of the same mob family as items traded.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-03-12 11:27:04  

• TH4

Ended up with 135 scales. Could have been alot higher if I found a third chest and if the chests dropped more than 1 box each.

(I also got a message saying 'moogle magic II' when I killed a regular enemy. Must be to do with the total amount of things killed.)

Tonight ill be going in with my COR GEO duo. How do you do the fetters? Kill the surrounding mobs then attack the fetter while trusts keep you alive with invisible beastmen smacking you? Then the beastmen?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-03-12 11:30:25  
Asura.Bayonette said: »

• TH4

Tonight ill be going in with my COR GEO duo. How do you do the fetters? Kill the surrounding mobs then attack the fetter while trusts keep you alive with invisible beastmen smacking you? Then the beastmen?

We slept regular adds. Healer had hate from invisible mobs because they were untargetable and cured through it. Can kill fetter > invisible adds (they'll become targetable) > regular mobs.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-03-12 11:31:49  

You are missing the fact that people went with their naked mule and sneak/invi for ~45 scales per mule. Its one time thing. They also sell it because they think its the biggest gain now, but in few weeks they will try to buy back for cheaper price and then they will realise that suddenly everyone need scales but not enough people will want to sell them.

I have been selling my scales. I predict there will be a lul while we wait for the 122+ gear to drop. Most people will get their priority pieces, then there will be a period where the playerbase stockpiles scales.
 Asura.Deijixfx
By Asura.Deijixfx 2020-03-12 11:55:14  
Something of note to add was that our rng and cor were doing 0 dmg to the fetter from distance and had to move much closer to do any damage. This may relate to how aoe does much reduced damage.
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 12:05:09  
Asura.Bayonette said: »

Pull and kill regular mobs, until you see opportunity where nothing is close to fetter (there is always a moment when there is max 1 mob close to it at some point). Kill fetter fast (It's easy to kill. One good 2 step SC will kill it), then kill remaining mobs. I wouldn't try to aggro more than few mobs in general when solo or duoboxing, especially if you dont have Malignance set on COR.
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2020-03-12 12:53:37  
Max gil reward is higher than we thought, just got 495k from today's run.

Btw force popping nm's uses a single UNM mat, not 5. And they cannot be reused within the same run. Spawning NM appears to be unrelated to what you use to pop.

So far NM's we faced: Tipuli(fly),Aegupius,harpe(weapon),leucippe and physis (morbol).

Moogle mastery ranks up as you kill stuff, @287 kills, 8x NM and 2 chests we at Mastery III.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-12 12:59:42  
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Max gil reward is higher than we thought, just got 495k from today's run.

Btw force popping nm's uses a single UNM mat, not 5. And they cannot be reused within the same run. Spawning NM appears to be unrelated to what you use to pop.

So far NM's we faced: Tipuli(fly),Aegupius,harpe(weapon),leucippe and physis (morbol).

Moogle mastery ranks up as you kill stuff, @287 kills, 8x NM and 2 chests we at Mastery III.

Do you need to touch the flux on the top floor to get the gil? Or when does the gil actually get distributed to you?
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2020-03-12 13:05:23  
Yes, you have to leave personally to get it, and as always if other party members are fighting its locked out.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 237 238 239