First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 04:58:25  
Nariont said: »
No it means trusts were given it as well
I don't see why they needed to say it though.
Don't trusts get all traits their job would get if it were a player?
It's always been like this, hasn't it?
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2019-10-10 05:01:34  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I guess they mean that monsters with those jobs won’t get these new traits
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 05:08:47  
Which, again, has pretty much always been the case since the lv75 era unless differently specified.

But w/e, it's a stupid thing, I don't wanna drag this further on, who cares about it anyway lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-10-10 05:21:58  
I, for one, welcome our inflation overlords. I have way too many things to sell and not enough buyers. I encourage all commoners to take advantage of powders and make gil for yourself so you can buy my stuff.
By Nariont 2019-10-10 05:32:52  
Asura.Sechs said: »

Well yeah but they typically say it does anyway
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-10 07:34:49  
Draylo said: »
Now BLU needs an update, thanks.

BLU should get more healing gear to solidify their role as a Jack-of-all-trades tbh. Feels like the job hasn't got a wide range of caster gear lately.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-10 07:37:35  
I remember once saying that they needed to dramatically upgrade H2H WS and make VS have fTP transfer in order to *fix* MNK, and well look what we have here. Lets get some testing so we can know how big the changes were and then adjust our gear selection accordingly. And yes my WAR/MNK troll build is gonna see some love again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-10-10 07:40:49  
Asura.Sirris said: »
BLU should get more healing gear to solidify their role as a Jack-of-all-trades tbh. Feels like the job hasn't got a wide range of caster gear lately.
If the update was just adding them to freke ring, malignance earring, and Gere ring I would be satisfied. Stop leaving blu off of new gear
By maxiel 2019-10-10 07:43:21  
They really didn't like the era where BLU, BST and BLM were all you saw. They all have gotten nothing since then.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-10-10 07:44:26  
The REAL buff is 7% WSD when you sub DRG for enmity control
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2019-10-10 08:00:08  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Need to have a wyvern active though, so no buff for you!
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-10 08:02:08  
what kind of dmg are people seeing with mnk ws now?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-10 08:06:32  
Phoenix.Miraun said: »

I don't believe so. That's a trait, and there's no mention of needing the wyvern for it. DRG got two WS buffs, one being a straight trait, and one being their bird buffs giving one.
 Asura.Braego
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2019-10-10 08:07:02  
RIP Spharai
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 08:11:15  
maxiel said: »
They really didn't like the era where BLU, BST and BLM were all you saw. They all have gotten nothing since then.
Granted it's true BLM got jackshit since then, I'm not sure SE disliked it.

It's true mage setups ruled Aeonic era and sorta Vagary too to a lesser extent but I wouldn't call those strategy "cheap".

Throw 2000 BSTs at monsters and AoE everything was cheap.
AC everything with SMN was cheap.
BLU wasn't cheap either granted back then it was a bit OP for lowmen setup.

The mage setup required a lot of different jobs and coordination, I wouldn't call that cheap honestly.
It wasn't killed by SE, if anything it got killed by the "geo nerf" and by the fact that DDs got direclty and indirectly better, progressively.
This made the mage setup (which is still viable, we've done aeonic with mages even after the geo nerf) more complex than the DD route, it's as simple as that.

Given nowadays' meta it's hard to buff mages again, they know it, they are simply choosing the easiest route: i.e. ignoring them.
I think it's a very different situation compared to BST and SMN though.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-10-10 08:12:40  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

I don't believe so. That's a trait, and there's no mention of needing the wyvern for it. DRG got two WS buffs, one being a straight trait, and one being their bird buffs giving one.

Yeah, that's how I read it. Miraun could be right though because it seems really unlikely that the max-level main job trait would start at 21% and scale up from there.

I know professional translation is actually a pretty difficult job but if it were me it seems like a no-brainer to run the translated work by someone else and ask if the message is clear.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-10 08:13:18  
Sadly, those buffs to DRG only affect the first hit of a ws. Annoying, since DRG only has like 2 viable 1 hitters, one requiring a relic weapon...The 31% wsd is welcome indeed but not as potent as one would think since it affects only one hit.

I'd only they affected the entire ws, given that DRG relies on multi hitters like stardiver and drakesbane
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-10 08:15:23  
Simple test with something like Spirits Within to see if /DRG gets the 7% WSD. Would do it myself, but I still haven't gone and unlocked DRG, lol.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-10 08:17:06  
/DRG 45 gets the 7% trait. DRG in addition to the job trait for weapon skill damage also gets an invisible wyvern parameter boost of +2% wsd per wyvern level, up to +10% at 1000 exp. So 31% wsd total. It's nice but it only works on the first hit of a ws.
[+]
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2019-10-10 08:18:13  
Aerix said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »
Gungnir wont, because the weapon itself is mediocre. Shining One proooobably will.

How is the weapon mediocre? It has +60 Accuracy, +15% Jump damage and Aftermath gives +5% Attack/Double Attack. Shining One has a nice amount of stats, but those are imo worse than Gungnir's bonuses. Trishula has a nice Store TP+10 and Accuracy+30 at R15 for TP, which is nice but not a game breaker. The other weapons can compensate by adjusting gear to maintain the x-hit.

As for WS: R15 Geirskogul has fTP 3.0 and gets a +68% damage multiplier. Compared to Shining One ID you can spam Geirskogul at 1k with vastly best SC properties instead of holding until 2k+. ID has the crit mod, of course, which could put it ahead but it remains to be tested. But with the new WSD+% trait Trishula Stardiver is disadvantaged.

Edit: R15 Gungnir also has 34 base DMG over Shining One.
Gungnir is a strong weapon. However, it was never really the base weapon's stats that were holding it back, it was Geirskogul as a WS compared to Stardiver.

And I realize this is anecdotal experience based on my experiences, but whatever, I'm posting on a forum fight me.

Before clearing dynamis for ranks, I had an AG'ed Gungnir that I was comparing with a newly acquired Trishula, and what I found was that while my individual parse typically dropped by about 5% swapping from Trishula to Gungnir, the overall parse increased by about 10% for all other DDs due to the application of Defense Down so often. So my individual numbers were objectively down, my parse to parse was down... however, the party was BETTER off with my parse down due to the defense down application. Now, for background, my gear was very well off, but missing Omen drops at the time... End tier, but not top tier. I've since upgraded.

When I looked more into parse numbers more, Gungnir's 2x damage caused my white damage to shoot way up, but my WS damage was substantially lacking versus Trishula. And of course, everyone else's numbers were substantially higher. I started using Geirkogul JUST for applying the aftermath, and then spamming Stardiver because the damage was simply better. So buffing Geirkogul wasn't really meaningful when I was looking at augments.

Speaking of R15ing... Trishula's augments just seemed to be objectively better. Stardiver was already producing higher parse numbers, so a straight 15% buff versus a 20% buff on a weaker weapon skill was better, and the +ACC is applicable to everything, versus +Jump damage... when honestly, a substantial bit of the jump damage seems to come from Relic+3 Body anyway that would not be buffed.

That being said... I don't want to discount Gungnir. But... that's dependent on no SAM for Ageha, it's dependent on a fight where you won't have 100% Angon uptime, etc. It's SUPER situational, but a good thing to have.

That being said, I may not R15 it, but I'd definitely like to see how Geirkogul does as a WS now.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2019-10-10 08:24:40  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Thank you for that clarification, and you're absolutely right, I had misread, and with seeing everyone only quoting the +21% number, I was thinking that's all we got.

+31% will be nice... While most of our WSs are multihit, I think the big winner would actually be something like Camlann's, where yes, it's multihit, but not enough hits to not go with things like Fotia. Especially if you're going to DD something like the new Alexander HTBG where you can't apply debuffs that you'd otherwise get through Gungnir or Stardiver.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-10 08:26:00  
Maybe now /DRG is the prefered sub for ranged Jobs (COR and RNG)?

Edit: if the 7% WSD trait can come with sub
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-10 08:26:40  
All DRG would have needed was for camlann to be a 3.5, 5.5, 8.5 ftp and DRG would be golden as hell
By Taint 2019-10-10 08:42:09  
Pantafernando said: »

I stand corrected
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-10 08:48:21  
The first tier of the WS Bonus trait is earned at lvl45 DRG, and that one is not wyvern dependent. The wyvern's bonus to WSD (initial claims are 10% at max wyvern) are from the pet. So we're talking two different things here.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-10 08:48:39  
Taint said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Good luck with that :p

It’s a wyvern active buff.

It's not. Dragoon got 2 buffs. One is from a regular old job trait, the first tier coming at 45 with 7%, which is subbable. The second was a separate line of boosts bestowed from the wyvern parameter boosts which is 2% per tier and caps at 10%. With the final tier of the wsd+ and the wyvern wsd boost the total amounts to +31%. /DRG players still get the 7%
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-10-10 08:52:32  
SE's usual monthly emails confirms the Harvest Festival for Oct 24-Nov 7. They forgot to change the caption, it was the same one for last month's email announcing the Lilith BCNM.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 09:03:06  
ahahaha

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-10 09:15:59  
Any testing on the new fTP values for those updated WS's? Lots of people giving screenshot type numbers but no one posting estimated per-hit http://fTP.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12