October 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 10:19:21  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Artsncrafts said: »
SimonSes said: »
Artsncrafts said: »
drain III still sucks on anything important

Are you trolling at this point, or you just being ignorant? Can you please list enemies that Drain iii sucks on and are so important?

Take your pick of nm pal lol
When you have no reply to an argument, this is what you say.

I explained myself quite well, I specifically stated which nms im talking about, and i have yet to be proven wrong.

Infact when you guys resort to nothing but name calling you show just how shallow your arguments are. If YOU SAY drain is so good on Omen Bosses, Master Trial NMs, and other top level content the burden of proof is on you.

If you get a magic burst or use gambit/rayke or geo bubbles ALONG with Dark Seal (shoutout to simone) your drain might not be total ***, but otherwise QUIT PRETENDING.

BTW SIMONE - I DONT CARE HOW LONG YOU PLAYED DARK, "'Hur dur i been drk longer" arguement from authority stfu
 Asura.Meliorah
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-10-15 10:30:15  
You all are putting on a fine display of how smooth brain the users of these forums have become, congrats I can put reddit above this cease-pool.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 10:36:56  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
You all are putting on a fine display of how smooth brain the users of these forums have become, congrats I can put reddit above this cease-pool.

Wow what a great contribution, how about you keep it to yourself

Oh whats that? BiS Drain Set? b-but Simone was drk since 2007
By FaeQueenCory 2019-10-15 10:37:53  
congrats I can put reddit above this cease-pool.
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 10:39:00  
FaeQueenCory said: »
congrats I can put reddit above this cease-pool.

Well maybe you should define what the bar for "good" is

edit: Also, its cool to bash reddit? what is this 4chan? If you want to throw reddit under the bus atleast try to have a discussion. Everyone here just wants to show how cool they are because they are smarter than everyone else. OK
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-10-15 10:41:24  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
I heard from a friend that it would be a good idea to make SA and TA job traits rather then job abilities. I, for one, agree with that. Who else does? We should start a petition.

That'll never happen. 100% critical hit rate and 100% accuracy for just standing behind a mob or another party member would be completely broken. And that doesn't even begin to touch upon the idea that EVERY weaponskill in a party would be a sneak or trick attacked rudra's. Seems a bit excessive.

I agree. This idea is completely terrible because it would essentially make THF a God... it’s PERFECTLY Fine as it is right now lol literally no one is complaining about our Murder-Buttons
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-15 11:17:20  
I would love SATA converted to job traits.
reduce the proc rate from guaranteed to something like 15%, with a bunch of extra tiers of the trait.

Randomly crit your WS that can't crit, and enmity goes to the geo standing basically on top of the enemy.

:I see this as an absolute win:
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 11:22:21  
Chimerawizard said: »
reduce the proc rate from guaranteed to something like 15%, with a bunch of extra tiers of the trait

So how do you gear for this (stacked vs unstacked) to maximize damage potential? As it stands, you can force more damage with a stacked set, because of SA/TA activation. If it was a proc rate, you can't have a set for both scenarios. At least not one that I can think of.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 11:26:31  
That modification would be a bad idea. There's not really a good way to do it lol. random activation on all hits once per attack round would be super broken. even at a low % it would be more or less full time mighty strikes.

I would just make all hits behind another player transfer enmity, without the crit bonus at all, literally decoy shot but with melee. sneak and trick are good as they are... maybe remove the merits and make them 30 seconds instead....
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-10-15 12:07:02  
Chimerawizard said: »
reduce the proc rate from guaranteed to something like 15%, with a bunch of extra tiers of the trait.

Randomly crit your WS that can't crit, and enmity goes to the geo standing basically on top of the enemy.

did I misunderstand the meme?
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-15 12:22:16  
Quote:

:I see this as an absolute win:

It would be a bad idea. The whole point of sneak and trick attack is that you can control when you force the critical. If it activated randomly that means we'd lose our ability to spike our weaponskill damage on demand, and that would completely screw over our ability to coordinate large skillchain damage spikes.

Quote:
This idea is completely terrible because it would essentially make THF a God

And it really would push thiefs damage to places it doesn't belong. With 100% SA or TA conditions rudras storm would be able to compete with Warrior, Dark, and Sam IE the true zerg classes in a 30 second fights, which is something thief should never be able to do. It would take a class that can already put up top tier damage numbers in content where we can melee fulltime (Dynamis is a good example) and multiply it in ways that would break the class balance.

And the result of this would be a bandwagon effect. Everyone would jump on the new flavor of the month job, and when S-E got fed up with it they'd swing the pendulum in the opposite direction and nerf us into oblivion. PLEASE don't ask them to do that. Thief is in an amazing spot right now. Lets not apply the "summoner burn all the important things menatlity" effect to it OK? We all know what happened to black mage when it was bandwagon a few years ago. And summoner has been on the hit list in recent months too. I'd really rather not see that happen when the job that feel like its in the perfect spot right now. Nothing good could come from giving us a permanent mighty strikes effect.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 12:38:29  
Pretty sure Chimera was being sarcastic XD
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-15 12:42:49  
Its just the concept of changing sneak and trick attack in general. I saw the sarcasm, the response wasn't directed at chimera so much as the idea that sneak or trick attack should or even could be changed in a positive way, and to emphasize just how broken the original idea (fulltime mighty strikes) really would be. I wouldn't mind Eiryl's idea though when S-E gets around to our job update. Remove sneak and trick attack merits, make them 50 seconds each (I think 30 is a bit too low, and you can only get 10 seconds off either or with 5/5 anyway) and put something else in their place. It would fit in line with the "spells to other things" updates the mages have been getting.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 12:50:01  
I just don't like having to chose one at 60 one at 50 and dancer gets to SA equivalent on a lower cooldown, so.... and with how broken everything else is lower timers (for both) would be ok

(dancer can get 2+ climactic weaponskills in 90 seconds, with no positional penalty)
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-15 12:56:42  
Quote:
I just don't like having to chose one at 60 one at 50 and dancer gets to SA equivalent on a lower cooldown, so....

It's a valid point though, and it fits in line with things the other classes have been getting. They could cut both timers down to 50 seconds and put some other effect in its place. Crit damage makes sense actually. We have triple attack merits to coincide with our triple attack trait, so crit damage merits to coincide with our critical attack trait fits. And 5% more crit damage would be a nice little boost without going overboard. I'd like that a lot.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-15 13:21:33  
Maybe a merited JA that gives Thief some form of Formless strikes. Or a merited trait / JA that boost MEva by a % of the thief's Eva.
Or a merited form of tanking stance JA

I always liked THF's enmity control abilities and with very few tweaks It'd be nice to have it be able to tank some with it.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 13:27:24  
Could always add even more bonuses to steal/mug/despoil/etc given how... meh they are.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-15 13:35:05  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
I just don't like having to chose one at 60 one at 50 and dancer gets to SA equivalent on a lower cooldown, so....

It's a valid point though, and it fits in line with things the other classes have been getting. They could cut both timers down to 50 seconds and put some other effect in its place. Crit damage makes sense actually. We have triple attack merits to coincide with our triple attack trait, so crit damage merits to coincide with our critical attack trait fits. And 5% more crit damage would be a nice little boost without going overboard. I'd like that a lot.
except the trait is after 75 and merits are 75 or lower abilities and traits
By Nariont 2019-10-15 13:36:36  
rather they split collab/accomp and let hide's hate wipe work on everything, if you want to go a step further let TA transfer a portion of the THFs current enmity along with whatever dmg enmity is applied, would just like thf to be the enmity master SE tried to pass it off as when they first put in those 2 fairly useless at the time JAs
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 13:57:58  
Hide could very easily work identical to Super Jump, minus the delay. The difference I would implement would be if you could SA/TA without needing to activate the abilities if you have Hide active. Because, technically... if you're hidden, you're still performing a "sneak" or "trick" attack. Basically, your next attack with hide active, behind a player or not, will always be a SA/TA (enmity generated here would immediately go to player in front) forced critical to use at the player's disposal. And reducing the timer to something modest like 3 minutes would be better. You could use it as an effective way of wiping a player's hate, if paired properly beforehand with Accomplice > Hide > WS (stacked).
By Nariont 2019-10-15 14:02:19  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Hide could very easily work identical to Super Jump, minus the delay.

What ive always thought about it really, theres quite a few thf JAs that just feel half-baked, and yeah main reasoning for it is to just have a way for the thf to clear whatever hate its built up from stealing from others or just itself, itd also occasionally alleviate the annoyance of having to position for SA since SA works from any direction under hide, plus just ideally lettign hate be more locked down so theres less annoyance with positioning in general
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-15 14:07:44  
Thief is supposed to be the master of enmity control, but the game has evolved to the point that enmity control isn't something people care too much about. That's why our enmity tools are largely "an answer to a question nobody asked". And the problem with our "steal stuff" category is that S-E just never added anything valuable for us to take. They were too afraid RMT would abuse them to upset the economy if they added valuable mug, steal, or despoil pools. So they created these abilities but then decided they didn't actually want us to use them and actively discouraged their use by rewarding us with beehive chips and lizard tails. Aura Steal is a nice touch though, and the capacity points upgrades make mug and despoil not "completely" useless, but I can't remeber the last time I felt like a heal from my 5 minute mug timer or the small TP I get from the occasional despoil felt like it was worth my time to push the button. Ironically with despoil's ability delay it doesn't even gain much if any more tp than I would have gotten had I not used it at all, save for maybe a mob with invincible or perfect dodge up.

I'm expecting something small like splitting accompolice and collaborater timers when they get to the thief update, and maybe a tweak to hide like was suggested. But I also dont think the job needs much attention right now. It's gotten a lot of love over the past few years and like I said, it's in a really good spot right now. It feels really good to play.
By Nariont 2019-10-15 14:12:55  
problem with the whole enmity control thing was the pitifully low cap on total hate back then, once DDs were allowed to let loose every fight became a spinning top match, thf or no, then they added collab/accomp at i think the peak of that time, so even with accomp all a DD had to do was WS and theres all the hate back.

Now that enmity/hate mechanics+cap raised in general were shifted those abilities can actually have some use if SE wanted to try that angle again, itd be easier to do than touching the other JAs unless they want to turn the other 3 useless JAs into plain debuffs
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 14:13:20  
Yeah, thf isnt in a bad spot as far as its job goes.

But its JAs outside what you pointed out above leave a lot to be desired. Also, don't forget Gilfinder (i think it is?) for its sizable bonus gil on kills... lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-15 14:14:48  
move gilfinder to level 50 and change it to sparksfinder, you'll see no shortage of thf

(really, please don't)
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 14:15:36  
Thief, more than any other job, probably has the most useless JAs and Job traits.

Yet its still in a good position lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 14:17:10  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
move gilfinder to level 50 and change it to sparksfinder, you'll see no shortage of thf

(really, please don't)

Rofl. Ya know it's funny, like 100% of all mobs created after 75 cap drop absolutely zero gil. I don't even think you can mug gil from anything post 75 cap, trying to think of an NM or mob that you can mug for money... maybe unity mobs? I'm not even sure.

(I *** you not, I actually saw a guy botting mobs for Gil about a month ago. using gilfinder+ gear and everything, my mind was BLOWN)
By Nariont 2019-10-15 14:17:19  
Think trait wise its largely fine, it just has JAs that SE would not follow through on and outside of aura steal they did little to band-aid them over the years
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 14:26:00  
All of the "steal" abilities are atrocious. They basically stole the entire line of moves from Galford from Blazing Heroes (With the exception of Steal Technique) and it didn't translate well in FFXI.

(Steal, Mug) Stealing items/gil is useless
(Mug) Stealing HP is not frequent or large enough. Needs to be "Steals HP and adds that total to your max"
(Aura Steal) Stealing Buffs is useful, but needs a buff itself. Like Steal 2-5 buffs guaranteed
(Accomplice/Collaborator) Stealing hate is useful, but needs to be split
(Despoil) Stealing items/inflicting a debuff is kind of meh when it's so random. Stealing TP would be cool if inflicted something like say Amnesia, or Inhibit TP. That would greatly improve its use and you could tie in Macc to the status debuff's land rate (as far as I know, macc does not improve debuff land rate)
(Larceny) stealing SP is fine, they could just make it a steal SP+full dispel of everything else (including auras), which would encourage more strategic use. I mean, that regen on Sahagin VD ambu is unbelievable. Just think about how much better it would be if you could have a chance to steal/remove that effect.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-15 14:28:23  
Also, Despoil only does the debuff IF it steals an item, making it largely useless on anything you would want to debuff, IIRC.

And then you get gilfinder, and finally like all jobs, a resist trait which is largely useless at cap, I believe.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12