October 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12
 Bahamut.Empyrean
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-10-14 23:56:46  
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Oh jesus. This could go on forever.

Yes, all jobs can do a subtle blow set. Do they ever utilize it? No. Absolutely no one does it (because their precious DPS). Also, when you're in a SB set youre not in a DT set, or a magic evasion set or a very strong DPS set. You risk something no matter what.

The point being made is monk can be in DT, highest magic evasion set, high STP, capped subtle blow and high acc set without really having to risk any form of DPS. it's in a way better place for survivability and utility and doesnt have to rely on magic for that. This all comes from the update and lilith gear.

It really can go on forever, it seems you don't understand how easy other jobs can still wear solid dps gear and still cap out subtle blow.
Auspice from whm with feet is 25, means in just 3 pieces of gear you can cap subtle blow at 50% and still get up to 65% with 2 other pieces.
Out of all 5 pieces, you really only lose dps out of the neck.

Mnk does NOT under any circumstances, no matter what you want to believe. Have better survivability than drk, nor does it have better utility.

Chakra what every 3 minutes? Shell Crusher -25% def, mantra (3 minutes), penance, inner strength (30 seconds).
VS
Drain 1, 2, 3 (Full time hp boost, also spell based so if HP boost is dispelled it can be recast without the need to for JA), stun, Catastrophe, Infernal Scythe + Bio 2 (combined -40% attack), Armor/Full break from G.A. (-25% def), weapon bash, dread spikes, blood weapon, arcane circle/crest if applicable. Can easily turtle up in some amazing hybrid dd sets.

All of that and still put out more dps than a mnk.

Counterstance still plummets your defense worse than Last Resort, so those times that AoE hits a drk and dread spikes doesn't help, does more damage to a mnk.

As was stated before, dread spikes is 100% activation rate, counter is not.

ItemSet 369096

The only major gain of mnk over drk, is penance and hitting SB 75% without su5.

Quote:
It's just a matter of time before theres a new HTB for sam,war,drk that could possibly make them top again. Right now, for the butt hurt drk bandwagon Torecleaver makers, it's not.
By the way....
Odin: drops stupid fast with a sam or drk multi-stepping
Odin has also been beat solo on VD by multiple rdm.

Alexander: drops regardless, he isn't dangerous at all, just a slow kill which can be sped up with a 2hd DD

Lilith: VD is most commonly killed sc/mb with a cor for TH and the fetters. There are also several post about doing VD with a other melee jobs outside of mnk.
Next most common would be blu/thf, pup/thf, thf/? people soloing.

None of that sounds like sam, war, drk being butthurt that mnk is somehow the best.

You have brought up what people will do, or not do, on drk that makes drk a bad job. You are blaming the job for what other people do. If you keep running into dead drks, don't play with them. If the people you play with can't use all the utility they have, they aren't playing to their top potential. If they miss all their weapon skills, don't play with them.
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-15 00:20:31  
Draylo said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
BLU was not exaggerated.

Just like MNK won't be. When the tards finally catch on, full blown monk onry. I said all this last week, and multiple times over the last years. They catch on VERY slow though, might not even happen depending on the next job updates.

(I will say that every single ambuscade shout I've seen except for 1 was for MNK though I spend very little time in town now !!<3!!)

Actually it was exaggerated, heavily. Look at Thornyy post himself, he stated that MNK was

"the safest, albeit slower, option for almost all melee fights prior to this update."

Yet he was a part of that bandwagon attacking BLU, saying Cocoon made it super overpowered! Because it was the most defensive class as well as offensive! Yet here he says MNK was, so which is it? None of the spells for BLU were adjusted, they were simply left off a few gear options and that is that. Just another bandwagon situation, for any main MNKs better hope that nobody bandwagons it or they'll see the nerf stick next.

Feels bad man, when they leave your favorite job out in the cold. BLU just couldn't stand where it was, balancing resulted in an overall improvement to the meta, and so here we are.
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2019-10-15 01:16:48  
Blu was never best at everything just could survive but so could any job if you geared it. And Blu was never on top no matter how much everyone wanted to whine about it. Mnk won't be top tier dd not compared to war drk sam hell dnc is a better utility dd then a mnk.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 01:21:00  
It's never about being the best. It's about having entirely too many/much upside with zero downsides.

"light" dd that can do the same(ish) damage as heavy with zero safety sacrifices is imbalanced.

Like you can slap on 5/5 malignance and totally afk, completely unkillable. Not really giving up anything to do it. You can't really get away with that on other jobs. Without putting on "full turtle".
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-15 01:47:28  
The reason BLU was so popular is they could cap their own delay reduction. Bard buffs hadn't been updated since abyssea and were far behind COR and GEO. This opened up a slot for another BLU DD or another GEO. By updating BRD buffs SE restored other melees to being viable. BLUs never had either the best DPS nor the best defense, they just didn't need a BRD to be functional.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-15 02:08:42  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Aerix said: »
Every job can cap out SB with Su5 in theory, it's just that most aren't willing to give up DT/MEVA or offensive stats for it.

Mainhand only.

Is this actually the case? Does the Path A Store TP only apply to the main hand as well, then?

Or were you simply saying jobs can't just offhand the Su5 to cap their SB? Because that was my point--DDs would have to give up offensive capabilities just to use a Path B Su5.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-10-15 02:13:22  
I heard from a friend that it would be a good idea to make SA and TA job traits rather then job abilities. I, for one, agree with that. Who else does? We should start a petition.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-15 02:19:17  
Every job can cap out SB with Su5 in theory, it's just that most aren't willing to give up DT/MEVA or offensive stats for it.

Mainhand only.

Is this actually the case? Does the Path A Store TP only apply to the main hand as well, then?

Or were you simply saying jobs can't just offhand the Su5 to cap their SB? Because that was my point--DDs would have to give up offensive capabilities just to use a Path B Su5.

None of the augments work when offhanded, at all. If they did, I'd have multiple Gandring's, because STP+25 from that paths augment would make it the BiS offhand for me in most cases. Instead the dagger is only useful for Evasion-cleaving shenanigans.

Also, funnily enough, I think the 2h jobs and MNK are now powerful enough taking off the "Mainhand only" for Su5 would actually make the game closer to balanced.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 02:25:56  
Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
I heard from a friend that it would be a good idea to make SA and TA job traits rather then job abilities. I, for one, agree with that. Who else does? We should start a petition.

It would have to be heavily adjusted. But yeah. Totally. Decoy shot should've been THF's permanent trait. You don't really want to stand behind a tank anymore though, generally a bad idea.

Sneak trait would just make THF tank 100% of the time.
By Aerix 2019-10-15 02:35:20  
None of the augments work when offhanded, at all. If they did, I'd have multiple Gandring's, because STP+25 from that paths augment would make it the BiS offhand for me in most cases. Instead the dagger is only useful for Evasion-cleaving shenanigans.

Also, funnily enough, I think the 2h jobs and MNK are now powerful enough taking off the "Mainhand only" for Su5 would actually make the game closer to balanced.

Well yes, but I'm not sure why you restated that as that was kinda confusing. It explicitly says it works only when main-handed on the augments themselves.

Either way, barely any job is willing to give up their REMA weapons just to use a Su5 for SBII, hence MNK's advantage in 6-person parties.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-15 02:37:32  

Well yes, but I'm not sure why you restated that as it was kinda confusing. It explicitly says it works only when main-handed when augmenting at Oboro, I think, no?

I said it because you don't lose little things by using Su5 on most 1h jobs...you lose entire REMA access. That's a whole lot to lose for subtle blow+25. Especially with REMA augments.
By Aerix 2019-10-15 02:43:24  
I said it was a possibility, but at the same I pointed out that it wasn't practical. That's all.
By SimonSes 2019-10-15 04:15:58  
Bahamut.Empyrean said: »

This is the only thing that I would argue with. Imo DRK can't put out more dps anymore and definitely not in utility sets. Still agree with DRK having tons more utility tho.

Yeah, I get the argument on Drk. But they're always dead. Because AoE exists and dread spikes are worthless and most content that's worth anything spams AoE. And Drain III barely works ok anything endgame.

You mean Drain III barely doesnt work?
You know that DRK has this cool JA called Dark seal, which is practically an elemental seal for dark magic? You can Drain III even Omen bosses, but the potency will be reduced by 50% if I remember correctly. You will still have WAY more HP than MNK.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 06:55:16  
SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Empyrean said: »

This is the only thing that I would argue with. Imo DRK can't put out more dps anymore and definitely not in utility sets. Still agree with DRK having tons more utility tho.

Yeah, I get the argument on Drk. But they're always dead. Because AoE exists and dread spikes are worthless and most content that's worth anything spams AoE. And Drain III barely works ok anything endgame.

You mean Drain III barely doesnt work?
You know that DRK has this cool JA called Dark seal, which is practically an elemental seal for dark magic? You can Drain III even Omen bosses, but the potency will be reduced by 50% if I remember correctly. You will still have WAY more HP than MNK.

drain III still sucks on anything important
By SimonSes 2019-10-15 07:03:09  
Artsncrafts said: »

Are you trolling at this point, or you just being ignorant? Can you please list enemies that Drain iii sucks on and are so important?
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 07:24:27  

Are you trolling at this point, or you just being ignorant? Can you please list enemies that Drain iii sucks on and are so important?

Take your pick of nm pal lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 07:30:34  
I have DRK, nowhere near as capped as some of the players, but still above average/pretty good. Drain 3 works on just about everything, including Omen Bosses. That includes HELMs, Ambuscade, HTBF etc. Unless the NM has a flat out Dark Magic resistance or is undead, it lands very consistently with a good Drain/DSNV set. Not sure which NMs you're referring to, but if you're going to claim the move sucks on anything, important, the burden of proof is on you to show evidence of that by listing the monsters, not the other way around.
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 07:32:48  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I have DRK, nowhere near as capped as some of the players, but still above average/pretty good. Drain 3 works on just about everything, including Omen Bosses. That includes HELMs, Ambuscade, HTBF etc. Unless the NM has a flat out Dark Magic resistance or is undead, it lands very consistently with a good Drain/DSNV set. Not sure which NMs you're referring to, but if you're going to claim the move sucks on anything, important, the burden of proof is on you to show evidence of that by listing the monsters, not the other way around.

You have a gimp drk but your drain 3 is working better than drks who have all the gear? YEA RIGHT

Show me your amazing drains that you are claiming to have, the burden of proof is on you.

And do it without a magic burst or specifically setting something up for your drain. Just a normal pt

And even then you could land a good one of 10 tries? You people seem like you just like to argue

And yes im talking about Omen bosses, and or Master Trials, or anything like that with high level nms, I havnt tried drain on disjoined nms, but unless they are specifically weak to darkness im sure it sucks on them too
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 07:37:54  
Ok yeah, you're just trolling for attention and wasting time debating. Good one, you got me.
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 07:40:55  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ok yeah, you're just trolling for attention and wasting time debating. Good one, you got me.

ok seems to me you are tucking your tail and running off but ok.

whatever saves your precious ego, hey you and simon started arguing about jobs you dont even play here so i dont feel bad for you
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-15 07:42:03  
Umm low post count, saying crap to piss people off, yeah it's someone's sock puppet. We deal with them the same way we deal with all trolls, don't feed them and let them starve to death.
By SimonSes 2019-10-15 07:42:12  
He probably uses DS for absorb STR then he cries his Drain III doesnt work.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 07:43:49  
He probably uses DS for absorb STR then he cries his Drain III doesnt work.

Yea Simon is the only DRK to figure out what dark seal is.

The other guy said something about drain first because he obviously has used it. Simon and Bukki are acting like people with no experience

Imagine a BLM saying Drain sucks on a particular enemy, and some nerdy mnk comes in telling him what elemental seal is lol.
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 07:46:02  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Umm low post count, saying crap to piss people off, yeah it's someone's sock puppet. We deal with them the same way we deal with all trolls, don't feed them and let them starve to death.

If "post count" was called "shame meter" you wouldnt act so tough
[+]
By volkom 2019-10-15 07:49:06  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
I dunno why people use Torcleaver. The weaponskill never hits.
Ground Strike > Torcleaver.

You under estimate its power!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-15 07:52:36  
volkom said: »

Even when it whiffs the air pressure of it passing does damage!
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-15 08:11:22  
Simon and Bukki are acting like people with no experience
simon started arguing about jobs you dont even play here so i dont feel bad for you

I'm not gonna react to your childish provokes. I was playing DRK for a long time on both of my main chars (since 2007), but I'm not gonna prove that now to some troll. begone.
By SimonSes 2019-10-15 08:47:06  
Asura.Saevel said: »
volkom said: »

Even when it whiffs the air pressure of it passing does damage!

If damage would be based of animation then Ukko's Fury would do 99k every time :)
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-15 09:52:14  
Quote:

That'll never happen. 100% critical hit rate and 100% accuracy for just standing behind a mob or another party member would be completely broken. And that doesn't even begin to touch upon the idea that EVERY weaponskill in a party would be a sneak or trick attacked rudra's. Seems a bit excessive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-10-15 10:12:32  

Take your pick of nm pal lol
When you have no reply to an argument, this is what you say.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12