Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 121 122 123
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-12-29 17:08:12  
lhova said: »
There’s no way in hell my rolls were 0 potency when they were done in regal neck which is +7. I could’ve swapped to rostam c but I didn’t because we were building tp with the before we even entered.

Not to play devil's advocate here, but this is a major red flag as a COR. Your main role is to buff the party, your own "I GoTtA ChAsE tHe PaRsE" ***comes second. There should never be a reason you're not using your path C Rostam. Putting +8 rolls on all your DDs is so much more valuable than one extra savage blade.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-12-29 17:38:38  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Bazing said: »
roll tracker showing a shockingly low potency
Not how roll tracker addon works FYI.
Yeah this is such a pain in the ***. For those that don't know, roll tracker only takes the +roll potency of your character when rolls are performed, even by others. Don't judge other CORs roll potency with this addon. Only use it for your own rolls.
[+]
By lhova 2021-12-29 18:20:00  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »
roll tracker showing a shockingly low potency
Not how roll tracker addon works FYI.
Yeah this is such a pain in the ***. For those that don't know, roll tracker only takes the +roll potency of your character when rolls are performed, even by others. Don't judge other CORs roll potency with this addon. Only use it for your own rolls.

So maybe that’s the reason he assumed he was getting 0 potency rolls. And at Watusa, I get that but I was basing the strat on the group I was in and I thought the main focus was to start spamming DD. It’s not like I went there and said “let me show how my Cor can out DD everyone else”. I only brought up the DD aspect because he claimed I offered nothing to the win and that I need to work on my savage gear and since I haven’t really played Cor in months I asked the forum about gear sets.

If I messed up or need to get better than I would have no problem admitting that. Never portrayed to be very knowledgeable in the specific mechanics of that fight but to just say someone is shitty and drop them is lame to me especially if it’s their first time and we won the fight.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2021-12-29 19:01:12  
You chose not to roll in max potency gear so that you could “build TP” and he didn’t realize that roll tracker doesn’t take into consideration his party member’s gear at roll time (how could it?). Thanks for bringing this to everyone’s attention. I’d kick you both out of any party that I made.
By lhova 2021-12-29 19:24:58  
Cpu said: »
You chose not to roll in max potency gear so that you could “build TP” and he didn’t realize that roll tracker doesn’t take into consideration his party member’s gear at roll time (how could it?). Thanks for bringing this to everyone’s attention. I’d kick you both out of any party that I made.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, got to love FFXI
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-29 19:31:27  
So many people here kinda being jerks to Lhova, who isn't being rude or arrogant or anything. Looked like a pretty legitimate question to me, trying to figure out if any gear had changed recently to cause this kind of drama. Exactly the point of the thread, and Lhova has consistently responded politely and acknowledged possible issues like some sort of lua error (though it seems more likely it was someone else making incorrect assumptions based on rolltracker) and the perfectly reasonable explanation of not grabbing all of their roll duration gear from other storage for a Bumba fight that absolutely doesn't need it anyway.

From the responses here, this doesn't sound like a player who is being obnoxious and refusing help. Feels a lot more like someone open to suggestions for what they might be doing wrong after a SINGLE fight, and willing to make adjustments for future fights. Maybe that wasn't actually the case in game, but I kinda doubt it.

Get off your weird high horses, people.
[+]
By dontclickme 2021-12-29 19:50:07  
the geo wasn't even listed on the parse. should have booted him instead. *emohairflip*
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-12-29 21:37:01  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
So many people here kinda being jerks

I expect nothing less from Asura (for the most part anyway).
[+]
By Trillium 2021-12-30 00:55:47  
Not to mention, if you are a try hard you can always tp wing. I mean 1 cor SB at full buffs really shouldn't be the difference in a win if you are just fighting the one mob... but I have had fails at 1% over the months lol. Esp. when you are super charging stuff and planning for 2 other mobs or bumba is 2nd or 3rd and jas are used up etc. Usually if someone needs clear I will tp wing at the start, but we are usually so overkill unless throwing in harder 2nd and 3rd mobs that it doesn't matter...

As others have said, the OP doesn't seem from post here like they are adverse to learning... newbie as oppose to noob. (not sure if people still differentiate the nomenclature...)
[+]
By Afania 2021-12-30 05:03:18  
Holy ***at people freak out over ONE potency lost in one fight.

If I secretly roll in +7 over +8 in one fight I highly doubt anyone would even notice any difference unless they read the duration change from the icons.

Isn't 1 potency equal to 3.12% more attack or 4 STP before CC bonus? I'm not even sure if 3.12% attack and 4 STP for 3 attack capped DD can produce more damage than 1 SB(36k) in a short fight. The kill speed difference between +7 roll + 1 SB v.s +8 roll is likely minimal if attack is capped, more so if 4 STP doesn't reduce DRG and WAR's hit build.

The best advice I have is avoiding elite PUG like plague. Kicking people over one small gear choice? This is ridiculous lol.

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Putting +8 rolls on all your DDs is so much more valuable than one extra savage blade.

In short fights I'm not so sure about that. If your attack isn't capped then +8 roll will probably produce more than 36k extra damage. If your attack is capped then that extra +4 STP needs to make everyone else reach 1000 TP 1 hit faster to make significant difference. Since there is constant warcry, I don't think a few TP overflow from 4 STP makes that much difference if the fight ends in a few WS.

But yeah, TP wing is the way to go.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-12-30 05:32:18  
Afania said: »
The best advice I have is avoiding elite PUG like plague. Kicking people over one small gear choice? This is ridiculous lol.

The best part is this is over RP farming V15 Bumba. It's not even something that truly matters. Did you get Bumba to anywhere from 0%->94% HP? Congrats, here's a chunk of RP. Keep fighting Bumba until you're done with it, then you're... done with it. Maybe next month will bring some changes, but for now this is just... dumb.
[+]
By Bazing 2021-12-30 07:48:06  
Thought people were done derailing this thread but here we still are.
Final notes:
- This is not about difference in one potency +7 vs +8. This is +8 vs +0
- I'll repeat it for 20th time: I was not party leader nor did I have anything to do with his replacement.
- Does he have a rollset? I sure hope so. But he didn't use it for rolling on 3 occasions. Is that enough reason to play victim card on FFXIAH and cry for several pages about your own mistake? Nope.

Can people stop derailing this thread now with pages of lies and false assumption spam? Great.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-12-30 08:24:13  
This is not about difference in one potency +7 vs +8. This is +8 vs +0

Except Lhova said it was done in Regal Neck.

Can people stop derailing this thread now with pages of lies and false assumption spam? Great.

There’s no way I’m not the only one that sees the irony here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-30 08:42:22  
I’m going to say it. 3000 tp before bumba is overrated. It’s already 1250 tp more than cor needs, and if you’re wsing before the war has used warcry, you’re also likely wsing before the geo is in position or the whm has cast dia.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-30 09:00:50  
You said that his roll potency was determined to be 0 using Roll Tracker and /check, but neither of them can be used to check that, so forgive us if we don't trust your claim here, especially when your statement that he was literslly useless supposedly because of +0 rolls (when even +0 rolls are noticeable buffs, he did good damage, and presumably did Wild Card and Random Desl) portrays you as overly willing to put him down.

It sounds more likely to me that your party leader misunderstood how Roll Tracker worked and unjustly kicked someone over it.
[+]
By Ahbon 2021-12-30 10:02:57  
It's just a game ... play it with love and concern towards each others ..
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-12-30 13:50:04  
Asura.Geriond said: »
You said that his roll potency was determined to be 0 using Roll Tracker and /check, but neither of them can be used to check that, so forgive us if we don't trust your claim here, especially when your statement that he was literslly useless supposedly because of +0 rolls (when even +0 rolls are noticeable buffs, he did good damage, and presumably did Wild Card and Random Desl) portrays you as overly willing to put him down.

It sounds more likely to me that your party leader misunderstood how Roll Tracker worked and unjustly kicked someone over it.

Gottem.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-12-30 16:32:35  
Ahbon said: »
It's just a game ... play it with love and concern towards each others ..

XI is full of arseholes unfortunately and most of them just happen to be on Asura. There is enough of a population that you can kick someone for anything you want and find someone else almost immediately.

As the for the Bumba and rolls if you need 10min+ rolls for a 3min fight you are doing something drastically wrong. Same if you need that +1 potency to farm then your actual DDs need to take a long hard look at their gear and ws frequency or their overheated braincell.
By lhova 2021-12-30 17:53:48  
My only question now and then I’m done with this topic but does anyone have $12 I can borrow? I have a Bundy in my sights…??
 Cpu
By Cpu 2021-12-30 21:52:14  
I don't mind you guys continuing to argue about this somewhat closed topic but do us all a favor and stay on one of the pleb servers until you're a little better versed on how to play. Come back to Asura once you're ready for the big leagues again.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-12-30 22:07:38  
Cpu said: »
Come back to Asura once you're ready to pay for the big leagues again.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-12-31 08:36:18  
What is even going on in this thread?

@cpu small pp energy right there, bro.... We all know the big pps play on bismarck.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-12-31 09:44:45  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
What is even going on in this thread?

@cpu small pp energy right there, bro.... We all know the big pps play on bismarck.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I mean, tru dat
By Hopalong 2022-01-09 22:06:49  
Quick question:

After I have rolled, I dont need +potency gear to double up.

My lua isnt changing when I look at showswaps to regal necklace on double up.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-01-09 23:17:39  
Yes, you don't need +potency for double up
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-01-10 07:48:16  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
Yes, you don't need +potency for double up
Getting correct readings from the rolltracker addon is the only reason for using potency+ gear.
By Lederic 2022-01-11 09:13:12  
What's the best food to eat for COR? Say for like segment farming?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-11 09:55:42  
Lederic said: »
What's the best food to eat for COR? Say for like segment farming?

Generally using Grape Daifuku myself. Gives enough acc/atk and some mab for when I leaden. Really one of the best all around foods to use for a lot of content.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 121 122 123