フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 121 122 123
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-27 17:35:26  
lhova said: »
Hi all! Can anyone post gearsets for V15 Bumba with no Nyame ranks. Did a run with a veteran group and we got the win but then i was gear shamed and dropped and i didn't get it because my gear "was" bis at some point. Also my Cor is M20 and I pretty much got bashed for my rolls and my Savage blade damaage Mines was 36k, Bard was 37k, War was 52k and Drg was 53k. Granted they were all Nyame R18-20 on all pieces.

Pretty much interested in roll, hybrid and savage sets for Bumba.

I don't generally beat brd in a parse on Bumba. This is mainly because I have to use Random Deal twice and Wildcard once mid run.

Honestly if your WS numbers are accurate, it's likely you were booted for something else. I don't know. I have almost fully upgraded nyame and I only average about 32k.

If you're just getting Nyame augs, I feel it is safe to say you don't have Augmented Ikenga yet for what Simon said above, so BiS would be basically what it was pre odyssey.

Head: WSD Herc
Body: AF +3
Hands: Meg. Gloves +2
Legs: WSD Herc
Feet: Relic +3
By Afania 2021-12-28 02:27:20  
Did a run with a veteran group and we got the win but then i was gear shamed

I don't see anything wrong with 36k ws avg unless something super game breaking was added when I was away.

Also WS avg isn't the only indicator judging someone's performance. WS frequency matters too.

If it's PDL that's making the WS avg difference, changing SJ to /DNC may increase it.

I'd just leave the group though. Gear shame people on a non-DD job for doing 36k WS avg is kinda ridiculous. Do people expect COR do 50k SB like WAR these days? How things have changed.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-28 02:31:04  
Afania said: »
If it's PDL that's making the WS avg difference, changing SJ to /DNC may increase it.

Changing sub job in Gaol.. It shows you doesn't play anymore :)
Outside of Gaol, changing sub job to /DNC wouldn't increase PDL anyway tho, because he has ML20, so /NIN at 53 and NIN gets PDLI at 50 :)

I'd just leave the group though. Gear shame people on a non-DD job for doing 36k WS avg is kinda ridiculous. Do people expect COR do 50k SB like WAR these days? How things have changed.

EDIT: I think COR can indeed reach much higher numbers than 36k now. Maybe it can even reach 50k avg with Warcry at attack cap with ML20, but on Bumba it might varies a lot with buffs. COR requires a little more to cap attack. Also for that high ws avg, you need 3-4 R19~20 NyameB pieces, so I don't see how person who farm Bumba would be expected to have it. Unless they think all people farming Bumba have at least R19 and only farm for R20, or make extra point for future in case of Nyame not being Rare or getting more Ranks :)

I completely agree that gear shaming is stupid af, especially if they win. Not bothering to play with that group is only solution.
[+]
By Afania 2021-12-28 02:37:17  
SimonSes said: »

Changing sub job in Gaol.. It shows you doesn't play anymore :)
Outside of Gaol, changing sub job to /DNC wouldn't increase PDL anyway tho, because he has ML20, so /NIN at 53 and NIN gets PDLI at 50 :)

I wanted to come back, then the first thing I read was "gear shamed for 36k WS", so frustrating!

If SJ doesn work then there is no way to increase damage much tbh. Not having pdl+ just sucked.

If you are under constant warcry I think BRD also has the advantage of offhand KC and still gets 2000 per WS. (When you can use SJ)
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-28 03:06:10  
Tbh that PDL I triat is not that impressive anyway. It's like 3% increase. WS avg is stupid anyway. You dont know if other people haven't hold to 3000TP. Like Afania said WS frequency is what important too (and DPS in extension). Still I don't see the point in even checking that for Bumba if they win. It might be important in like optimization Segments farms for more segments/gis. Who cares if you kill Bumba in 2min10sec or 2min20sec..
[+]
By Afania 2021-12-28 05:27:10  
2min10sec or 2min20sec..

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
This is mainly because I have to use Random Deal twice and Wildcard once mid run.

Oh, two things that I forgot to mention: In short Zerg fights using 3 JAs can lead to noticable DPS loss. This is because every JA that you use you lose 2 seconds of DPS:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Forced_Delay

So if you use 3 JA, that's 6 seconds of DPS loss. If you do 5k DPS per second, that's 30k DPS loss from using JAs.

In short fights if your BRD has similar TP speed and WS avg then sometimes 30k damage is the difference that makes people freak out over losing parse to a BRD.

To minimize JA DPS loss, you can "chain" JA with WS by using JA at 1000 TP, then immediately use a WS. This way you cut the DPS loss to 3 seconds.

I generally use wait 1 in a specialized macros if I know I'm going to use RD/WC mid fight so using a JA at 1000+ automatically chains into a WS.

Another thing is that if you can't use SJ then COR TP speed may be pretty bad. If your TP speed is below certain threshold then using QD x2 in a very good STP set for 1000+ TP than immediately chain into a WS may be faster than melee for TP. Since QDx2 only took 2 seconds to use if it's time well.

You can do QDx2 right after every RD/WC use too. That's potentially 3 extra WS in a short fight.

Most of the time parsing well in short zerg fights is the matter of engaging faster, then do everything you can to get 1 more WS off before the fight ends, hoping the lady luck is on your side. I think it's less about few piece of gears as long as your gear isn't super far behind.
[+]
By Veydal1 2021-12-28 11:10:48  
2min10sec or 2min20sec..

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
This is mainly because I have to use Random Deal twice and Wildcard once mid run.

Oh, two things that I forgot to mention: In short Zerg fights using 3 JAs can lead to noticable DPS loss. This is because every JA that you use you lose 2 seconds of DPS:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Forced_Delay

So if you use 3 JA, that's 6 seconds of DPS loss. If you do 5k DPS per second, that's 30k DPS loss from using JAs.

In short fights if your BRD has similar TP speed and WS avg then sometimes 30k damage is the difference that makes people freak out over losing parse to a BRD.

To minimize JA DPS loss, you can "chain" JA with WS by using JA at 1000 TP, then immediately use a WS. This way you cut the DPS loss to 3 seconds.

I generally use wait 1 in a specialized macros if I know I'm going to use RD/WC mid fight so using a JA at 1000+ automatically chains into a WS.

Another thing is that if you can't use SJ then COR TP speed may be pretty bad. If your TP speed is below certain threshold then using QD x2 in a very good STP set for 1000+ TP than immediately chain into a WS may be faster than melee for TP. Since QDx2 only took 2 seconds to use if it's time well.

You can do QDx2 right after every RD/WC use too. That's potentially 3 extra WS in a short fight.

Most of the time parsing well in short zerg fights is the matter of engaging faster, then do everything you can to get 1 more WS off before the fight ends, hoping the lady luck is on your side. I think it's less about few piece of gears as long as your gear isn't super far behind.

Everyone in this thread please read this. Then read it again. Very solid info & tips in here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-28 11:54:07  
Do you think we're capping attack on bumba V15? I'm not so sure.

Anyway, our group does not do Frailty, and opts for buffs vs. debuffs. The best average I've gotten on COR is around 32k. I don't see a 75% nerfed frailty allowing me to reach 50k on Bumba specifically.

My average in B/C with subjob is around 38k (spikes up to 45k). We don't run with a geo at all though, so that's literally chaos + brd.

Note to afania: It's fun to compete with the brd on bumba, but my primary purpose is refreshing warcry/mighty strikes on war. The difference between myself and my brd is usually like 0.1%. I think now that my nyame is pretty close to complete, I don't lose anymore, but our brd is kind of MIA at the moment.
By Veydal1 2021-12-28 13:20:38  
Others have mentioned it, but it's worth mentioning again - compare your WS frequency. If you have Scoreboard or some other parse tool, check your melee rounds / # of WS.

I can't speak to whether or not capping attack is possible as I admittedly haven't looked at those #s to see. But I would lean towards not capping, based off average WS #s. Talking out of my *** here admittedly, but I'd imagine WS averages to be higher if attack were capped. I think the main reason they're as high as they are is due to Ancient Circle + Warcry. That being said, between -
SV HM + Minuets
Angon
Crooked Chaos
Idris Fury

It's not out of the realm of possibility. I just have a feeling we'd see higher averages if capped. I'm sure someone with a spreadsheet and accurate Bumba stats (if they're known) can chime in.
By lhova 2021-12-28 16:15:04  
I think one of the guys just didn’t like me and hence was talking trash in hell and got the group to drop me. I felt like they treated it as if they won in spite of me even though the bard barely beat me on the parse and I’m light shot 2x, random deal, wc, random deal while spamming savage blades.

Yeah I prob won’t run with the again but granted they were consistently killing v15 Bumba so it could’ve helped me greatly rank up my gear ??

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-12-28 17:30:21  
What you want, to have much bigger chance, to cap attack on Bumba, is Dia II with Light Shot and Armor Break. Lets say Bumba has somewhere between 1600 and 1800 DEF, so you would need 5200-5850 attack to cap ratio without PDL. Now with above debuffs it's DEF would drop down to 912-1026, which would only require 2964-3334 and thats way more possible even with just minuets, Warcry, Chaos and Naegling bonus.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-28 19:10:45  
good luck keeping Dia II much less powered up with bumba spamming Heavenly whatever it is erasing it.
By Tathamet 2021-12-28 23:16:38  
the bard barely beat me on the parse and I’m light shot 2x, random deal, wc, random deal while spamming savage blades.

Speaking of Light Shot, I was under the impression that it would 'cap' after one shot (e.g. Dia2 > Light Shot = Dia3, but a subsequent Light Shot would not = Dia4). Is this not the case? Otherwise why Light Shot x2?

From BG:
Quote:
Defense Down Effect +2.73% (28/1024) and DoT + 1, caps after one shot.
By Bazing 2021-12-29 00:18:25  
I think one of the guys just didn’t like me and hence was talking trash in hell and got the group to drop me. I felt like they treated it as if they won in spite of me even though the bard barely beat me on the parse and I’m light shot 2x, random deal, wc, random deal while spamming savage blades.

Yeah I prob won’t run with the again but granted they were consistently killing v15 Bumba so it could’ve helped me greatly rank up my gear ??

You weren't kicked for your damage, you were kicked because your roll set is non existent. You rolled in 0 potency and 0 duration gear thrice in a row. That is why the leader of the group replaced you. Love your sad cries here tho. A+
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-12-29 12:03:48  
my gear "was" bis at some point.
I really wonder what people mean by this, cause nothing has changed for rolls in years.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fillerbunny9 2021-12-29 13:23:36  
even a fresh 99 COR should have either +3 from Merirosvo Ring via Sparks or +5 from Barataria Ring. there's really no excuse to be running around with +0 potency to Rolls.
[+]
By Masunasu 2021-12-29 13:55:30  
Doesn't roll tracker and similar addons only show potency bonus for the COR? From my experience all other jobs show/assume 0 potency since it can't check someone else's equipment for you. Or did you actually check your before/after stats and come to that conclusion or something?

Similarly for duration how would you even know on Bumba other than assuming 0 potency = 0 duration? Do vanilla buff timers show remaining roll time now a days?
By SimonSes 2021-12-29 13:57:15  
Masunasu said: »
Do vanilla buff timers show remaining roll time now a days?

Yes
 Carbuncle.Slib
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2021-12-29 14:01:15  
Bazing said: »

You weren't kicked for your damage, you were kicked because your roll set is non existent. You rolled in 0 potency and 0 duration gear thrice in a row. That is why the leader of the group replaced you. Love your sad cries here tho. A+

Did you guys at least warn him about his rolls being garbage? Sounds like a broken lua to me. I've had issues with gear sets not working due to a small change I made with my bard and wouldn't catch it till it's too late.
[+]
By lhova 2021-12-29 14:34:24  
There’s no way in hell my rolls were 0 potency when they were done in regal neck which is +7. I could’ve swapped to rostam c but I didn’t because we were building tp with the before we even entered. The only issue that I noticed immediately after is that I had 2 of my chase pieces for duration in my mog safe cause I haven’t used my Cor in awhile, but on such a quick fight the rolls were t going to wear anyway.

Basing you came off as a jerk in the run and accomplished that again on here. I spoke to the leader who said people were complaining about me and you were the only one bitching in party chat about the rolls. Like I told that leader and I’ll tell anyone that does pugs is that it’s ridiculous if you aren’t able to work with the people a little and if you assume that they are experts just because you are. We didn’t lose the fight and I’m confident the next round would’ve been way smoother but then you have elite aholes that kick people as if they weren’t noobs at some point as well. Now Bazing I accept your A+ grade by adding an EA+D!
By Bazing 2021-12-29 14:35:16  
Doesn't roll tracker and similar addons only show potency bonus for the COR? From my experience all other jobs show/assume 0 potency since it can't check someone else's equipment for you. Or did you actually check your before/after stats and come to that conclusion or something?

Similarly for duration how would you even know on Bumba other than assuming 0 potency = 0 duration? Do vanilla buff timers show remaining roll time now a days?

Can't believe this is still a conversation but: you do know you can /check people right? The 6 min duration and roll tracker showing a shockingly low potency I had never seen before were also enough proof.

And yes, we told him after the first roll cause everyone instantly noticed. It did not improve at all.

Edit:
You're right about one thing, we did clear that run even tho you were 0 help. Was fun to learn we could 5 man it so ty for that. Be grateful with your free clear and stop crying on forums.

Since Aragan 2.0 has chosen this innocent thread for his ramblings and obviously can't stop crying to me over something that was not even my party, nor my decision, i'm gonna leave it here.
By lhova 2021-12-29 14:39:17  
fillerbunny9 said: »
even a fresh 99 COR should have either +3 from Merirosvo Ring via Sparks or +5 from Barataria Ring. there's really no excuse to be running around with +0 potency to Rolls.

You can’t roll 0 potency when you roll in a regal neck. Stop believing the bs, he had issue with duration and assumed potency was low, which it wasn’t. I’m confident outside of tank 20 nyame my gear is BIS.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-12-29 14:48:57  

You can’t roll 0 potency when you roll in a regal neck. Stop believing the bs, he had issue with duration and assumed potency was low, which it wasn’t. I’m confident outside of tank 20 nyame my gear is BIS.
well, first of all you're saying they weren't they are saying they were. whose *** should we be believing precisely when there has been thus far zero evidence to support either.

second of all, for my statement, it was neither addressed at you, nor should you be taking so personally considering you are saying you have Regal Necklace.

lastly, maybe take your shitty drama out of a job guide, regardless?
By lhova 2021-12-29 14:51:21  

well, first of all you're saying they weren't they are saying they were. whose *** should we be believing precisely when there has been thus far zero evidence to support either.

second of all, for my statement, it was neither addressed at you, nor should you be taking so personally considering you are saying you have Regal Necklace.

lastly, maybe take your shitty drama out of a job guide, regardless?

Um I didn’t take anything personal, I said don’t believe the bs. I posted a question in the forum which I thought was the point of it. I addressed the person I was in the group with and yet you come at me. Whatever
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-12-29 14:52:02  
roll tracker showing a shockingly low potency
Not how roll tracker addon works FYI.

I’m confident outside of tank 20 nyame my gear is BIS
So why did you post here?
[+]
By lhova 2021-12-29 14:56:47  

Can't believe this is still a conversation but: you do know you can /check people right? The 6 min duration and roll tracker showing a shockingly low potency I had never seen before were also enough
And yes, we told him after the first roll cause everyone instantly noticed. It did not improve at all.

Edit:
You're right about one thing, we did clear that run even tho you were 0 help. Was fun to learn we could 5 man it so ty for that. Be grateful with your free clear and stop crying on forums.

Since Aragan 2.0 has chosen this innocent thread for his ramblings and obviously can't stop crying to me over something that was not even my party, nor my decision, i'm gonna leave it here.

That’s bs, how can you check me and the potency when I can’t check the store tp potency when I check myself. I can obviously see the attack increase when I do chaos (which is right in line with what it should be with a regal neck and lucky/11). Also on the parse I was literally right behind the bard at about 20% parse so please spare the dramatics that you guys 5 manned it, you didn’t. I don’t need a free clear from you so I’m not appreciative, if something went weird on that ONE run with my Lua then I would apologize for that but I always have show swaps and I say the gear change. But I agree with you as well, I’m done entertaining this convo. I’ve accomplished plenty of things in this game and I didn’t need Bazing to do 99.9999999% of it.
By lhova 2021-12-29 14:58:18  
Asura.Bippin said: »
roll tracker showing a shockingly low potency
Not how roll tracker addon works FYI.

I’m confident outside of tank 20 nyame my gear is BIS
So why did you post here?

I posted here because I haven’t been playing consistently in months and wanted to know if there were massive upgrades to Cor that i didn’t know about. From reading what helpful people posted, I realize that it wasn’t a gear issue.
[+]
 Valefor.Godsblackarm
サーバ: Valefor
user: Serj
By Valefor.Godsblackarm 2021-12-29 15:06:08  
It's a brain lua issue, mmhmm.
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97 98 ... 121 122 123