言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 424 425 426
By mhomho 2018-12-09 05:42:41  
Calling it now: new job trait makes weaponskill damage apply across all hits in; reverts the wsd bug in increments based upon trait level.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-09 07:56:12  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
They said changing synth details, they're probably changing the recipe to something less in line with the other s4 synths(maybe even removing the s4 shield req).

NQ is already 33, but that's still too expensive given it uses dark matter and medal mats.

Doubt that they will remove the shield requirement.. My guess is simply removing stuff from the mat list. Might actually see them occasionally if the recipe was only: Moldy Bolt, Malachite Crystal..

Don't know why they didn't make the recipe just pop out one of the new ammo dispensing bags instead. <,< Would've made it more in line w/ the RMEA that these things were intended to be comparable to.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-09 08:01:07  
Emphemeral Moogle adjustment: Will be able to mix/match crystal elements on trading. No more mystery! :O
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54403-?p=611594#post611594
-----------------------------------------
Job adjustments: Was covered under the BST section of FP42. Specifically called out BST and RDM, and that they are looking more at stuff like adjustments to weapon types (1h weapons called out) rather than direct adjustments to jobs.

Not going to speculate much on the damage calc change since it's probably going to be white damage onry. Anything that would affect WS noticeably would be considered Big News for them, and they said it's nothing groundbreaking, so odds are highly against any big changes to WS.

My guess would be the Job Trait portion of the adjustment is going to boil down to being some sort of adjustment to Fencer since both jobs have it but can't really take advantage of it in serious play. -_-;; Possible that they are adding something to reduce delay when single-wielding to balance out the attack speed gap for 1h vs DW tho? That could make sense if they want to push us to take advantage of our existing native Fencer traits...

My hope is that BST (and maybe RDM) will be gaining native Dual Wield, which I've griped about personally on OF. lol
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-09 09:00:20  
It's pretty clear that the update in December will be more about a general thing across jobs.

Still recently in the past they mentioned making (very small) job specific adjustments.
I'm sure there will be more to come form january onwards.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-09 09:23:03  
Asura.Sechs said: »
It's pretty clear that the update in December will be more about a general thing across jobs.

Still recently in the past they mentioned making (very small) job specific adjustments.
I'm sure there will be more to come form january onwards.

POL said:
First off, I’ve got some news on job adjustments! This is the first month of many that we’ve promised to bring you job-related updates, and to that end we’ve got a change to damage calculation formulas that affect a wide range of jobs—together with the addition of new job traits.

The incoming update has two different parts to it that we know of. One is a change to how damage is calculated "for a wide range of jobs" (which would fit in with some sort of adjustment to 1h weapons,) plus new job traits. The job trait adjustments are likely to be for BST and RDM from what was said in FP42.
By volkom 2018-12-09 09:27:46  
I'm hoping for an update to drk maybe like some acc.bonus but if they're going to add any trait it's probably going to be more attack or subtle blow :/
By Nyarlko 2018-12-09 10:01:54  
JPside update announcement also notes that they are implementing a change to trading in "chocolate coins" (lolGTrans) which is actually referring to DynaD currency. Will probably be able to purchase multiple items at a time, and/or trade in multiple stacks of singles for medals.

... Does no one bother checking JPside when I'm not around? >_>
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-12-09 10:15:08  
Nyarlko said: »
The incoming update has two different parts to it that we know of. One is a change to how damage is calculated "for a wide range of jobs" (which would fit in with some sort of adjustment to 1h weapons,) plus new job traits. The job trait adjustments are likely to be for BST and RDM from what was said in FP42.

With how many jobs got the "Physical Damage Limit" thing on the JSE necks, I wouldn't be surprised to see that implemented as a trait.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-12-09 10:50:19  
JPside update announcement also notes that they are implementing a change to trading in "chocolate coins" (lolGTrans) which is actually referring to DynaD currency. Will probably be able to purchase multiple items at a time, and/or trade in multiple stacks of singles for medals.

Those are chocobucks, not dynamis currency

choco = chocolate/chocobo
By Boshi 2018-12-09 11:15:31  
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Chocobuck
By Nyarlko 2018-12-09 11:36:45  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

It was in connection to Scout's Bolts, so probably not related to chocobucks. There is something about chocobo raising too tho.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-09 11:38:44  
Emphemeral Moogle adjustment: Will be able to mix/match crystal elements on trading. No more mystery! :O
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54403-?p=611594#post611594
-----------------------------------------
Job adjustments: Was covered under the BST section of FP42. Specifically called out BST and RDM, and that they are looking more at stuff like adjustments to weapon types (1h weapons called out) rather than direct adjustments to jobs.

Not going to speculate much on the damage calc change since it's probably going to be white damage onry. Anything that would affect WS noticeably would be considered Big News for them, and they said it's nothing groundbreaking, so odds are highly against any big changes to WS.

My guess would be the Job Trait portion of the adjustment is going to boil down to being some sort of adjustment to Fencer since both jobs have it but can't really take advantage of it in serious play. -_-;; Possible that they are adding something to reduce delay when single-wielding to balance out the attack speed gap for 1h vs DW tho? That could make sense if they want to push us to take advantage of our existing native Fencer traits...

My hope is that BST (and maybe RDM) will be gaining native Dual Wield, which I've griped about personally on OF. lol

I wish SE could get rid of the pointless mog animation when storing crystals.
[+]
By Treizekordero 2018-12-09 13:52:29  

If RDM gets Dual Wield even just Tier 1 I'll scream!!! Maybe even orgasm a bit. I don't play BST much but I'd love to see BST get a few Tiers of DW as well. I think that would allow some nice variety to these jobs.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-12-09 13:53:25  
It's SE, they'll take BST's ability to wield weapons period away
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-12-09 17:35:16  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
It's SE, they'll take BST's ability to wield weapons period away

Never forget Richy!
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-12-09 17:36:38  
OMG I FORGOT I MADE THAT PICTURE
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-12-09 19:38:13  

It was in connection to Scout's Bolts, so probably not related to chocobucks. There is something about chocobo raising too tho.

There's also adjustments to the ephemereal moogle in the same line, that doesn't mean they're somehow related to dynamis currency now.

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/12753.html
By Nyarlko 2018-12-09 19:49:18  

There's also adjustments to the ephemereal moogle in the same line, that doesn't mean they're somehow related to dynamis currency now.

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/12753.html

It's from the actual devpost, not the update announcement. Please don't make me go digging again ._.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-12-09 20:03:31  
I won't make you go digging, just admit you're wrong :)
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-12-09 20:43:47  
Also, part of the mystery on what the job adjustments are was already solved for us. Surprised no one bothered catching my miss on this one from JP update announcement:
POL said:
Battle related
Planned for implementation Update Task and Overview Working task Supplement
December Job characteristics · Adding new job characteristics -
December Fighting weapon Adjustment of upper limit of hits

Kanji for the bolded part: 12月 格闘武器 ・命中上限の調整 (Kakutō buki - meichū jōgen no chōsei)

Diff kanji than what I've seen used to refer to H2H, so that most likely would be "melee" weapons... wtf do they mean "not groundbreaking"? <,<;;;;
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-12-09 20:48:59  
It's not that groundbreaking, they're probably just making them cap at 99% acc like they always should have been.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniv
サーバ: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2018-12-09 21:11:08  

Incredibly limited updates/content releases and we’re getting updates to f#%*#%* chocobucks. That’s like putting new carpet in your local Blockbuster that closed 15 years ago.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-09 22:10:51  
Sylph.Wardeniv said: »

Incredibly limited updates/content releases and we’re getting updates to f#%*#%* chocobucks. That’s like putting new carpet in your local Blockbuster that closed 15 years ago.

It was requested by a player on JPside...
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-09 23:32:28  
I mean...it's not like the update to chocobucks is anything close to the amount of effort required in making brand new content. So doubt it really kept them from working on empy+3 lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-12-10 02:09:44  
If Rdm and/or Bst get Dual Wield it would almost revolutionize the jobs. Rdm could sub Sam and actually DD. Bst could fight along it's pet (as SE wants) and behave like it's old-school self.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-10 02:34:00  
Honestly I'd rather they make it so you can delay cap on a sword/board setup. I think that'd be a more neat change. Might allow PLD to do a little more damage, allow Fencer builds to have a chance to catch up, etc.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-12-10 02:38:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
If Rdm and/or Bst get Dual Wield it would almost revolutionize the jobs. Rdm could sub Sam and actually DD. Bst could fight along it's pet (as SE wants) and behave like it's old-school self.

if 15 STP and Meditate were what were stopping you from DDing on RDM, then yikes
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-12-10 03:42:24  
Siren.Kyte said: »

if 15 STP and Meditate were what were stopping you from DDing on RDM, then yikes
R E V O L U T I O N A R Y
By Boshi 2018-12-10 05:37:44  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

Dw1 might not be enough to beat /nin

Why the hell would you /sam over /war especially how bad rdm’s attack is. Only reason to /sam is for hasso
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-10 07:47:25  
I don't think giving bst native dual wield is a desirable solution.

I would rather they gave us worthwhile shields or scythes.

The problem is that there are no options which compare to dual wield for these jobs. As for Beastmaster, we have some really great Axes for pet buffs and master buffs.

I understand you want to use other support jobs. However, I don't think the solution is to just give Bst and rdm Dual Wield. It really doesn't seem to fit well. I would rather they make a fencer build for these jobs good enough to matter. And thats mostly a question of gear. I am not as knowledgeable how this works for rdm, but I am for bst.

This means there is no situation where using axe and shield is as good as using 2 axes, This is true for offensive and well as defensive play styles.

give us some shields w/ comparable pet or master buffs, and we'd be pretty golden.

Granted, Adapa Shield and Beatific Shield +1 are pretty great defensive shields. However, I can get pdt for master or pet in 2nd axe, and bst almost never tanks for lack of enmity tools. there are no shields which buff the pet.

Oh, and there's absolutely no reason beastmaster cannot dd next to pet using dual wield... it works quite well actually. Its only the flexibility of using other support jobs that has a hard time catching up.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 424 425 426