Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 422 423 424
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-01 13:29:53  
Asura.Sirris said: »
The idea of Ambuscade weapons, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They already have the JSE weapons, which already have large acc/macc/pet acc/whatever bonuses, and there are weapons from other lower- to mid-tier content like Delve, Sinister Reign, UNMs, HTBF, and Escha to get you to REMAs and higher endgame. There are crafted 119 weapons, too.

There's not some gap in weapon progression that needs to be desperately filled.

They should instead address the difficulty with support, particularly with bard and geomancer. BRD having such a high investment to get into endgame, and GEO having an IRL time-gate of over 6 months to their ultimate weapon... putting these kinds of hurdles in front of essential support jobs is pretty lousy.

The ambuscade weapons are going to exclusively address the issue that returning players have a difficult time getting weapons. A lot of returning folks go to ambuscade upon reaching 99 and then find themselves in a situation whereas the next step up is Escha-Ru'an or UC, both of which bacially require them to have a higher weapon tier than sparks to get into. So ambuscade weapons are unlikely to be useful to anyone that has done Reisenjima+ content; but greatly reduce the busy work needed for returning players.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-01 13:32:42  
Basically a replacement for the poorly thought out Oboro weapons. Oboro JSE weapons would serve as amazing "starter" weapons, except SE made them far too expensive to make relative to their use. They should of been a quick fetch quest that involved that jobs story line NPC's and rewards the base item. Do a second phase of the quest to get the augmented one and call it a day, no buying items required.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-01 14:03:51  
I don't think the Oboro weapons were so much poorly thought out as outdated. They served their purpose at release, and were revitalized at time of augments. Gear creep has continued to the point they're irrelevant now, so we need something new.

The materials are only 2-4m too, that isn't really back breaking with things like gain in the game.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-01 14:19:09  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I don't think the Oboro weapons were so much poorly thought out as outdated. They served their purpose at release, and were revitalized at time of augments. Gear creep has continued to the point they're irrelevant now, so we need something new.

The materials are only 2-4m too, that isn't really back breaking with things like gain in the game.

I think only a few of Obroro's weapons are still useful, assuming you're not REMA. I know Bst still uses his Axe as a poor man's replacement for the Reisenjima/SU5 one.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-11-01 14:37:03  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

I think only a few of Obroro's weapons are still useful, assuming you're not REMA. I know Bst still uses his Axe as a poor man's replacement for the Reisenjima/SU5 one.

Those weapons were meant as "starter" weapons for people who needed something better then sparks but not real gear from stuff like Reisenjima. On release they were much weaker then other options like T2 Reisen weapons. I remember when they came out and everyone on here was trashing them for being so shitty compared to what content already dropped.

This for example

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Minos

Would be awesome for a returning player and needed something to farm CP and do Escha content.

It's not as powerful as this

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Aganoshe

But would of been much easier to obtain, except the acquisition and upgrading of the weapon involve gil and ultimately it's better to just pay the gil to someone to farm the later. If they would of made the JSE weapons stupid easy to obtain, then they would of served their purpose as bridge gear.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-01 14:41:47  
Minos was added in early 2014. Reisenjima was not added until the end of 2015.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-11-01 14:46:00  

There are definitely a few more - RUN SMN BRD GEO NIN offhand - that stay useful. More that would be if, as Saevel suggested, they were better implemented as starter weapons.
They take both unlocking Oboro access and finishing RoV just to be able to make and augment to their potential. Actually finding the crafted weapons on the AH can be hit or miss these days too. By the time someone can actually make one, the potential usefulness may be diminished.

There just aren't many weapons that are really on par with the effort/reward of Ambuscade armor though (NQ or maybe +1 anyway). Coalition ones, but those are basically statless outside of reives. Having some better "starting" options isn't a bad idea.

Entirely possible that they'll end up putting some decent instrument alternatives in or whatnot. Or even make something like 242 skill Aeonics or i119 Walk of Echoes weapons as another option to unlock those WS.
(but probably not)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-01 14:49:01  
Terpaderp has a use still until empy. Aettir is a very fine weapon. Bst one is decent offhand. Ninja one is actually a good accuracy option for offhand. Pup is a superb weapon for the non hardcore crowd. I'm the rest are pretty garbage but they did serve a purpose at the time and the augmented versions were a good upgrade for some jobs.

The bigger roadblock with these weapons was their requirements to obtain. I agree they should have just been job specific quests anyone could finish rather quickly and then the augment version am enhanced quest.

Edit: post above said it all
Edit2: I missed smn, and I would add WHM to the list as a BIS DD offhand option.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-01 14:50:33  
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

There are definitely a few more - RUN SMN BRD GEO NIN offhand - that stay useful. More that would be if, as Saevel suggested, they were better implemented as starter weapons.
They take both unlocking Oboro access and finishing RoV just to be able to make and augment to their potential. Actually finding the crafted weapons on the AH can be hit or miss these days too. By the time someone can actually make one, the potential usefulness may be diminished.

There just aren't many weapons that are really on par with the effort/reward of Ambuscade armor though (NQ or maybe +1 anyway). Coalition ones, but those are basically statless outside of reives. Having some better "starting" options isn't a bad idea.

Entirely possible that they'll end up putting some decent instrument alternatives in or whatnot. Or even make something like 242 skill Aeonics or i119 Walk of Echoes weapons as another option to unlock those WS.
(but probably not)

Yeah, if they added some alternatives for Brd or Geo, it could revolutionize how the jobs are used in early end game for returning players.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-01 14:56:14  
Bard has access to linos which can get (LOL GL) +3 songs
Geomancers dunna is very good up until and including end game
Corsair even gets a useful ring that is good enough for most things. I think the potency creep isn't that much of an issue nowadays. Those jobs are less troubled than say DD.
By volkom 2018-11-01 14:58:40  
battle brd gets a ton of QA
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-11-01 15:03:43  
Just gimme a tp bonus off hand dagger thats i119... thats all i want
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-01 15:06:19  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Just gimme a tp bonus off hamd dagger thats i119... thats all i want

No
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-01 17:05:51  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Corsair even gets a useful ring that is good enough for most things. I think the potency creep isn't that much of an issue nowadays. Those jobs are less troubled than say DD.
Linos can't get above +2.
By Afania 2018-11-01 17:10:40  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Linos can't get above +2.

It has +1 without augment, add the augment its possible to get +3 total.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-11-01 17:16:23  
Sorry, mind blanked and thought +2 was the unconfirmed hoax augment, not +3.

My mistake.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-11-01 20:06:08  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Just gimme a tp bonus off hamd dagger thats i119... thats all i want

No

[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-11-05 18:40:21  
Maint tonight will reset ambuscade or no?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-11-05 18:42:11  
Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Maint tonight will reset ambuscade or no?

No, thats the 9th. Tonight will be maint (Exchanging Server Equipment) followed by 2 days of constant R0'ing
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2018-12-05 15:17:03  
So do they revert back to the WSD bug? Probably not lol
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-12-05 16:17:21  
Asura.Baroma said: »
So do they revert back to the WSD bug? Probably not lol

Only for Monk.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-12-05 16:52:20  
This is it MNKs!!

... This is the final update for you all...

If this doesn't fix MNKs, then you might as well delvl the job back to 1 and drop your MNK REMAs..
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-05 16:57:04  
I am curious about the line "adjustments to ensure the price of scout’s bolts don’t get out of control". Assuming some materials will be added to a guild's sellables to set a cap price for certain things. I highly doubt they'll release an NPC who sells them, but is this really an issue (the high prices of scout's bolts)? As a ranger, yeah they're fun, and they at least add a little white damage to our weakest RMEA in terms of white damage between weaponskills, but honestly its like not it turns a bolt into a bullet in terms of damage.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-05 17:15:59  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I am curious about the line "adjustments to ensure the price of scout’s bolts don’t get out of control". Assuming some materials will be added to a guild's sellables to set a cap price for certain things. I highly doubt they'll release an NPC who sells them, but is this really an issue (the high prices of scout's bolts)? As a ranger, yeah they're fun, and they at least add a little white damage to our weakest RMEA in terms of white damage between weaponskills, but honestly its like not it turns a bolt into a bullet in terms of damage.

Just make the craft 33 for NQ, boom.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-05 17:44:16  
They said changing synth details, they're probably changing the recipe to something less in line with the other s4 synths(maybe even removing the s4 shield req).

NQ is already 33, but that's still too expensive given it uses dark matter and medal mats.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-12-05 17:48:38  
Hey Comeatmebro, just asking here since most recent response I see of yours. Can you move your bots off the mandies outside of adoulin for a bit? Just trying to do some testing with them and they are just making it annoying D:.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-05 18:05:35  
They said changing synth details, they're probably changing the recipe to something less in line with the other s4 synths(maybe even removing the s4 shield req).

NQ is already 33, but that's still too expensive given it uses dark matter and medal mats.

Ah ok, bgwiki says it's x1 which is what I was going off of. Yeah I would assume taking out half the mats would be it, then.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-05 19:35:32  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Hey Comeatmebro, just asking here since most recent response I see of yours. Can you move your bots off the mandies outside of adoulin for a bit? Just trying to do some testing with them and they are just making it annoying D:.
I don't have anything in ceizak or yahse anywhere, sorry. Mine do higher content.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-12-05 19:37:08  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
I don't have anything in ceizak or yahse anywhere, sorry. Mine do higher content.

bah, thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 422 423 424