users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 409 410 411
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-10 07:52:38  
Being forced to /NIN is what's hurting BST and RDM for DD capabilities. BST's still want to relive their "I'm pretending to be a SMN" days though and insist on using a level 76 axe. RDM is also impacted but at least those guys know enough about game battle mechanics to realize the value of going /WAR.

Personally I wish SE would of made Fencer give +10% JA Haste like Hasso does, would assist in creating more build options.
[+]
By Zerowone 2018-12-10 08:47:58  
Prepare yourselves the GodHands are coming.

Also... Fencer should give Last Resort (Desperate Blows) Haste.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-10 09:07:10  
Asura.Saevel said: »
BST's still want to relive their "I'm pretending to be a SMN" days though and insist on using a level 76 axe.
... thats a bizarre troll line. not sure what you are even trying to say.

Charmer's merlin has a distinct advantage to it, No matter the play style.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-10 09:46:50  
Personally I wish SE would of made Fencer give +10% JA Haste like Hasso does, would assist in creating more build options.
Thought the exact same thing numerous times, why should fencer DPS be the only ones not able to readily cap delay?
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-10 12:00:50  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Thought the exact same thing numerous times, why should fencer DPS be the only ones not able to readily cap delay?

So we have a reason to bring dnc for haste samba.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kozumi
user: Shiyo
By Leviathan.Kozumi 2018-12-10 14:47:17  
Afania said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

So we have a reason to bring dnc for haste samba.
Haste samba should be 15% so haste2 + haste samba can cap delay DW jobs. 10% haste samba is unacceptable when MG exists.
[+]
By Treizekordero 2018-12-10 15:17:52  
More tiers in Fencer is also a good idea. I don't know why RDM doesn't have the same amount of tiers or more in Fencer like WAR. I still believe RDM could benefit quite a bit with native Dual Wield.

If I had my way I'd give RDM:
Dual Wield Tier 1 @ 50, Tier 2 @ 80
Fencer Tier 1 @ 20, Tier 2 @ 40, Tier 3 @ 60, Tier 4 @ 80

I think that alone will add variety even when mage sub.

As for BST:
Someone mentioned BST and scythe which gave me the idea that they should give BST 3 Tiers of Smite. Allow access to all scythe WSes excluding the DRK mythic one.

This move would require a revamp and/or adding new scythes for BSTs that give pet stats as well. Similar setup to PUP and their master/pet H2Hs.

I'd also give BST 2 tiers of DW and up Fencer to 5. To make the Fencer build more attractive, BST will need some shields that give master/pet stats as well.

The JA Haste idea for Fencer is good too. I enjoy Fencer builds on WAR. It would be nice to see other jobs have similar setups especially for people who aren't all that keen on DW.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-12-10 15:44:55  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
BST's still want to relive their "I'm pretending to be a SMN" days though and insist on using a level 76 axe.
... thats a bizarre troll line. not sure what you are even trying to say.

Charmer's merlin has a distinct advantage to it, No matter the play style.

They need to build the 10s ready timer into JP or merits or something, though. It's awkward as hell swapping into it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-10 16:16:23  
It would require more than that for BST to make use of scythe. They have C-skill and and nothing native to give them any power when using them. They have access to raetic scythe+1 which is probably their best option for tping, and there's the one that gives access to cross reaper. They do get two wsd+10 pieces on jse, but they would need a bunch of accuracy and attack to make it even worthwhile. Would be an interesting option, but I highly doubt they would go that direction vs just improving single wield option. Perhaps put BST on blurred shield or something.

Has anyone seriously tried a BST scythe build using all the options I mentioned above? It probably sucks but would be interested in seeing BST cross reaper damage.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-10 16:28:40  
Most RDMs I know are still irked at all the abilities and spells that Rune Fencer got that have a theme based in the actual activity of Fencing, something that since level 41 the RDMs of Vana'diel thought we had a strangle hold on (for those who didn't catch that, our damn AF weapon is the "Fencing Degen" and the whole storyline of RDM Artifact Gear is based around a great swordsman, not a great caster of Haste II).

A higher, functional, level of Fencer would be lovely, but then again, I want the spell "Foil" added to the RDM lexicon (I'd love to have Flash back, but hey, I'm not asking for a legacy server or anything). Native Dual-Wield would be a godsend and truly allow us to be functional casters while meleeing, even while /WHM and being able to handle main-curing/status healer for an off party.

But honestly, its the B sword skill combined with lack of true "light DD" armor and its stats hurting RDM melee in serious content...we have to gear so much more heavily towards accuracy and still can't keep up with Corsairs meleeing with swords, even though their base skill level in Sword is lower than ours (B-) because they have access to Herculean and Adhemar gear. So either we need some new stuff with more native accuracy, or maybe add some extra accuracy traits into the job points Gifts along the line (I know, there are some there already).

I'm not one of those RDMs who expects to nuke like a BLM, melee like a WAR, and buff like a WHM without any sacrifices. The job shouldn't be able to do that. But I do think that we should be able to essentially tailor our role to what is needed with more functional flexibility.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-10 16:37:37  
BST and scythe is fail. Axe BST is actually pretty decent, BST is on much of the same gear as WAR so Ruinator, Rampage, Mistral and Cloud are all pretty powerful. The issue is that it needs /NIN and thus suffers from an attack deficit and needs tons of support to make viable. I know this because I actually did this, it's how I got my BST to master. Giving BST DWII / III would enable them to go /WAR and get the extra DA and Attack they sorely need. Killer Instinct is a solid +15% Damage against the appropriate targets along with -15% damage taken, this effect is for the whole party.

I mean why would people not want to abuse several really good Axe WS's?

Savage Blade of Axe's
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mistral_Axe

High STR Multi-hit fTP transfer of Axes that has a slight attack boost

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ruinator

STR based mult-hit critical WS with fTP transfer
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Rampage

And finally not one but two high damage magic WS's that can make both light and dark SC's.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cloudsplitter

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Primal_Rend

What's even better is that Axe's cover all the major SC properties

Fusion: Mistral Axe / Decimation (at 1K TP without Aeonic)
Distortion: Ruinator
Fragmentation: Cloud Splitter
Gravitation: Primal Rend / Onslaught
Darkness: Cloud Splitter / Onslaught

Hell the entire reason Fencer should give JA Haste is that WS's like Mistral, Cloud and Primal have crazy good TP scaling, while the rest are good for DW multi-attack builds.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-10 16:42:55  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Most RDMs I know are still irked at all the abilities and spells that Rune Fencer got that have a theme based in the actual activity of Fencing, something that since level 41 the RDMs of Vana'diel thought we had a strangle hold on (for those who didn't catch that, our damn AF weapon is the "Fencing Degen" and the whole storyline of RDM Artifact Gear is based around a great swordsman, not a great caster of Haste II).

A higher, functional, level of Fencer would be lovely, but then again, I want the spell "Foil" added to the RDM lexicon (I'd love to have Flash back, but hey, I'm not asking for a legacy server or anything). Native Dual-Wield would be a godsend and truly allow us to be functional casters while meleeing, even while /WHM and being able to handle main-curing/status healer for an off party.

But honestly, its the B sword skill combined with lack of true "light DD" armor and its stats hurting RDM melee in serious content...we have to gear so much more heavily towards accuracy and still can't keep up with Corsairs meleeing with swords, even though their base skill level in Sword is lower than ours (B-) because they have access to Herculean and Adhemar gear. So either we need some new stuff with more native accuracy, or maybe add some extra accuracy traits into the job points Gifts along the line (I know, there are some there already).

I'm not one of those RDMs who expects to nuke like a BLM, melee like a WAR, and buff like a WHM without any sacrifices. The job shouldn't be able to do that. But I do think that we should be able to essentially tailor our role to what is needed with more functional flexibility.

Well half right. It's the gear that hurts RDM melee not the B skill. Seriously the skill gap difference hasn't changed since 75, there is a 26 point difference which makes a 23 accuracy difference and Composure easily eliminates that. In contrast WAR also has a B skill and crush's RDM in sword damage. RDM would be fine if it had access to Adhemar and Herculean instead of having to cobble sets together from ambuscade and older content gear.

As for RUN, it's just the "tanking RDM" build from back in 2005~2008. They took that old build, gave it a great sword, removed all non-enhancing magic then gave it extra magic defenses.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-10 16:48:29  

Well half right. It's the gear that hurts RDM melee not the B skill. Seriously the skill gap difference hasn't changed since 75, there is a 26 point difference which makes a 23 accuracy difference and Composure easily eliminates that. In contrast WAR also has a B skill and crush's RDM in sword damage. RDM would be fine if it had access to Adhemar and Herculean instead of having to cobble sets together from ambuscade and older content gear.

As for RUN, it's just the "tanking RDM" build from back in 2005~2008. They took that old build, gave it a great sword, removed all non-enhancing magic then gave it extra magic defenses.

100% Agree. I didn't say it well, I was trying to convey that we need either the gear that sword WARs or CORs get in your example or a higher skill to compensate for our lack of said gear.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-10 17:18:09  
For RDM it's attack starved along with missing some Store TP and Multi-Attack. Temper II does a lot to help the MA issue but the Store TP one still stands and is compounded by gear being sub-par. Basically RDM doesn't have access to enough DEX to make CDC great, nor enough STR to make Savage / Vorpal great. People on here talking about using Despair gear, that stuff everyone else threw away for far better stuff years ago. Now MAB on the other hand RDM has in spades, all the gear that BLM and SCH have RDM also has, meaning mountains of MAB and MACC. That feeds into the new Dynamis HQ2 sword being probably the best damaging weapon for RDM, assuming magic WS's are viable. At a minimum you have ~30K Sanguine Blades, higher with better gear. Then you have the fact that Red Lotus and Seraph make infinite SC's with each other if that works out better.

My only wish would be enspells being effected by mDiff.
By Afania 2018-12-10 17:21:50  

100% Agree. I didn't say it well, I was trying to convey that we need either the gear that sword WARs or CORs get in your example or a higher skill to compensate for our lack of said gear.

Rdm has way better sword than cor, lol. The best sword cor has is just hept sapara +1, which is far below su5 and rema.

1000 tp bonus in gun slot is the only reason why cor can keep up with other light DD in melee pt. If tp bonus gun doesn't work on melee ws, cor would do less damage than a nin, mnk or rdm.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-10 22:18:29  
Afania, I'll have to beg to differ on your statement. While the actual sword options for RDM certainly are better than COR, the gear to back that sword up is far superior on COR and what allows them to melee successfully with a B- skill level. Gotta hit it first before you can worry about the number it hits for eh?

In terms of the TP Bonus gun, again I'll agree its what allows essentially a buffing job (COR) to compete with a pure melee. But it certainly doesn't need it to compete with RDM.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-10 22:25:13  
I'm not super well versed on RDM, especially not on the meleeing side of it, but considering the Su5 sword, and gearing up for magical ws... Is /nin still prefered or /war would be best considering fencer, and berserk for the atk starvation?
 Lakshmi.Rylis
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2018-12-10 22:44:59  
Asura.Elizabet said: »
I'm not super well versed on RDM, especially not on the meleeing side of it, but considering the Su5 sword, and gearing up for magical ws... Is /nin still prefered or /war would be best considering fencer, and berserk for the atk starvation?

You're pretty much never going to be able to get more from single-wielding with Fencer simply because you can't cap delay reduction. For the SU5, the attack starvation will be quite a bit less relevant as long as your targets will take reasonable damage of the elements available, especially dark.

If you're going RDM to DD on something, /NIN is pretty much always going to win out on delay reduction from DW alone.
By Afania 2018-12-10 22:52:26  

Last time I checked /War should win if dnc haste samba is up and attack not capped. But it's extremely unrealistic to expect samba in real endgame. Dnc main is rare enough and many prefer fan dance in endgame, which means no samba. and if it drop for whatever reason it's bigger dps lose /war.

Popping berserk in endgame to cap pdif also decrease survivability. And /nin has better survivability.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-11 00:08:53  
Thing I'd like to see but likely will not: BP timer reworked to charges akin to the Stratagems charge/timer. Change Apogee to instead, immediately finish the cooldown on 1 BP Charge. (the apogee change not necessary, but it's aimed to be also used reactively)
By Tarage 2018-12-11 00:48:19  
Thing I'd like to see but likely will not: BP timer reworked to charges akin to the Stratagems charge/timer. Change Apogee to instead, immediately finish the cooldown on 1 BP Charge. (the apogee change not necessary, but it's aimed to be also used reactively)

That's a horrible idea.
By nomarzenun 2018-12-12 09:58:50  
Posted this in the FFXIV forum by mistake ;_:.
Please add Mimic job already, is simple just follow this steps:

- In order to open the job player needs all jobs to level 99 with a least one master job.

- Complete Rhapsodies of Vana'diel

- Iroha NPC starts quest by bringing future version of player to teach the job. Also provide help with artifact, relic, empy armor creation.

- artifact, relic, empy armor requires items from all craft at expert level.

- Mimic will become it's support job, example: Mim/Pld will be able to equip any weapon/armor a pld can and have all abilities at appropriate level.

- Mimic cannot be set as support job.

- Abilities and spells:

- Reflect: Return 3% of magical dmg back to the caster. Level 5
- Reflect II: Return 7% of magical dmg back to the caster.
Level 20
- Reflect III: Return 10% of magical dmg back to the caster.
Level 50.
- Reflect IV: Return 15% of magical dmg back to the caster.
Level 85
- Reflectga: Return 7% of magical dmg back to caster. Level 99
-- Overwritten by Absorb-magic, Absorb-Physical.
-- Reflect self-target only.

- Absorb-Magic: Absorb 3% of Magical dmg. Level 10
- Absorb-Physical: Absorb 3% of Physical dmg. Level 15
- Absorb-Magic II: Absorb 7% of Magical dmg. Level 40
- Absorb-Physical II: absorb 7% of physical dmg. Level 45
- Absorb-magic III: Absorb 10% of Magical dmg. Level 70
- Absorb-Physical III: Absorb 10 physical dmg. Level 80
- Absorb-magic IV: Absorb 15% magical dmg. Level 95
- Absorb-Physical IV: Absorb 15% physical dmg. Level 99
-- Overwritten by Reflect
-- Affects party members close to the mimic

- Mimic-Magic: Select target and copy spells it cast as long as
user has MP for the cast, mimics select target before casting
can target Monsters and party members.
- Mimic-Physical: Select target and copy tp moves as long as user has tp, Mimics select target before attacking. Copies ws regardless of weapon equip.
can only target party members.

- Morphing: ability to copy other party member characters completely for 10 mins recast 5mins. Becomes a copy of party member including equipment and stats. Good for a pld is about to die, whm is down, or need more DD, support to end a fight. Artifact, relic and empy armor can be use as way to avoid negative stats or even KO,mp,hp state of the party member.

- One Hrs abilities:

Mimic Berserk trance: Morph into a target monster, includes NMs for 30sec, player will not be able to control its character while on effect.

Mimic Instinct: Will copy all magics and tps moves from all party members one at the time without consuming mp or tp for 2mins. cannot do both a the same time. Target same as caster.

If you need help with armor design and more details about the job send me an email.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-12-12 10:05:12  
Wut
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-12 10:17:01  
nomarzenun said: »

- In order to open the job player needs all jobs to level 99 with a least one master job.

Wouldn't it make more logical sense to have mastered all jobs to open Mime? Anyways, Time Mage (TMG) first before we go there.

[+]
By volkom 2018-12-12 10:39:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
nomarzenun said: »

Wouldn't it make more logical sense to have mastered all jobs to open Mime?

that's the kind of grind 75cap players should do
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-12-12 11:21:18  
Just give me a crazy involved quest once you 99 every job that gives me a 3rd 1hour ability. 30s of all the spells/ abilities of my sub job. Bam, mimic.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-12-12 11:36:00  
Because that wouldn't just be turned into MIM/SMN with only the need for 1 Nirvana in the party
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-12 12:43:27  
Has anyone seriously tried a BST scythe build using all the options I mentioned above? It probably sucks but would be interested in seeing BST cross reaper damage.

I have the Cross Reaper Scythe in storage. I have stp valorous set, for those slots where I don't have huge multi-attack.

the Damage was decent iirc. though I haven't tested very thoroughly. I'd be happy to get it out later tonight and do a more serious test on Apex mobs. just for amusement. Acc would ofcourse be an issue on higher level content and Attack is always an issue for bst.

The 'unique usefulness' of bst on scythe is really just having an option for master darkness magical damage.... (which frankly we can do better darkness damage with a number of pets) it could theoretically be useful in some situation.... maybe...

Very good assessment of Axe/Bst weaponskill abilities. I would add 1 thing: Calamity. I'm pretty sure Calamity has an Attack bonus. I haven't had the help or motivation to test it out thoroughly. It often does better damage than Mistral Axe. Not by a ton (I usually see about 10% improvement, but sometimes alot more).
Skillchain properties aren't nearly as good, but still quite useful.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-12-12 12:45:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

I have the Cross Reaper Scythe in storage. I have stp valorous set, for those slots where I don't have huge multi-attack.

the Damage was decent iirc. though I haven't tested very thoroughly. I'd be happy to get it out later tonight and do a more serious test on Apex mobs. just for amusement. Acc would ofcourse be an issue on higher level content and Attack is always an issue for bst.

The 'unique usefulness' of bst on scythe is really just having an option for master darkness magical damage.... (which frankly we can do better darkness damage with a number of pets) it could theoretically be useful in some situation.... maybe...

Very good assessment of Axe/Bst weaponskill abilities. I would add 1 thing: Calamity. I'm pretty sure Calamity has an Attack bonus. I haven't had the help or motivation to test it out thoroughly. It often does better damage than Mistral Axe. Not by a ton (I usually see about 10% improvement, but sometimes alot more).
Skillchain properties aren't nearly as good, but still quite useful.

Calamity has really high ftp, but terrible skill chain qualities. It can dish out some really nice damage. I use it on WAR when I end up getting an overflow of TP. Usually at 3K it out damages Mistral Axe for sure.

It's similar to Judgment in a way. High Damage, limited skillchain potential.
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 409 410 411