users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 424 425 426 ... 427 428 429
By Pantafernando 2024-04-18 02:46:29  
Quote:
We will talk about the past and future of "FFXI"
Quote:
Past: we had Lamias, Formor, Velkks and Anticas.
Future: we are planning to send Yagudo, Gigas, Mamool Ja, Troll and Poroggo

Final words: Look forward to it. Love you
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-04-18 02:49:17  
It sounds to me like they’re just gonna recap the games lifespan, summarize a few major milestones, and pat themselves on the back for a job well done. “20 years later and look at all we’ve accomplished”. I wouldn’t get my hopes up on new content in development. But I would welcome them to prove me wrong.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-18 06:09:37  
Choosing to do a piece like this for a magazine is probably just a low-effort attempt at marketing the game. I wouldn't expect anything new.
[+]
 Phoenix.Enochroot
サーバ: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2024-04-18 09:09:16  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
low-effort attempt at marketing the game

tbh, when i saw the translation the first thing that occurred to me was that famitsu needed content to run ads against more than SE cared to market xi.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-18 09:13:31  
To market 14 on the back of 11.

Spend the hour pretending to care about 11, then "that's the end, try out ff14 available now on steam Or ff16 now on sale!"
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-18 10:00:51  
Asura.Melliny said: »
It sounds to me like they’re just gonna recap the games lifespan, summarize a few major milestones, and pat themselves on the back for a job well done. “20 years later and look at all we’ve accomplished”. I wouldn’t get my hopes up on new content in development. But I would welcome them to prove me wrong.
Don't you guys Remamber the Seekers of adoulin Expansion announcement? it was so Sudden and no 1 expected that
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-18 10:38:02  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
Don't you guys Remamber the Seekers of adoulin Expansion announcement? it was so Sudden and no 1 expected that
It's always better to keep your expectations as low as possible and be pleasantly surprised than to have your expectations dashed. This is especially true when the company you're hoping to make good decisions is Square-Enix, whose decisions seem to be made by rolling dice.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2024-04-18 11:12:15  
if there is any sort of announcement, it will be something like "here's Vana'bout 2.0! still disrespects your time, still gives you lackluster rewards."
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2024-04-18 11:46:16  
They’ll demo the FF14 stuff.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-18 12:12:54  
Cerberus.Balloon said: »
They’ll demo the FF14 stuff.
I mean that's basically what happened during FFXI's 20th Anniversary.

"It's May 16th, 2022. We have a huge anniversary to celebrate! That's right, it's Final Fantasy X|V's 11th-and-a-half year anniversary of service! Hurray!!"
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-04-18 12:36:07  
Pantafernando said: »
Final words: Look forward to it. Love you

By Zehira 2024-04-18 12:41:28  
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2024-04-18 12:47:25  
20 years, and we still don’t have the level 99 COP rings they promised us.

All in all though, it has been an amazing 20 years. Through all the killingifrit drama, all the RMT, the Christmas 2006 inflation, NASA, salvage ban-hammer, expansions, nerfs (SAM remained untouched), buffs (SAM getting new JAs), and “balancing” (SAM getting more buffs), the games has been fun to play, and a lot of us made some good friends on here.

Looking forward to what SE has to say.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-18 12:55:59  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »

Well, back then, probably most servers were doing 1000 players at any time.

I think FFXIV v1 was about to die, or was dead already, so there is a different context that lead to SoA than nowadays.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2024-04-18 13:28:18  
they were about to push out 2.0, so they had to have been splitting resources between both simultaneously in order to both launch in the same month. likely hedging their bets if Yoshida was incapable of salvaging Tanaka's wreck.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-18 14:19:21  
fillerbunny9 said: »
they were about to push out 2.0, so they had to have been splitting resources between both simultaneously in order to both launch in the same month. likely hedging their bets if Yoshida was incapable of salvaging Tanaka's wreck.
Yet I don't think it really started taking off right away either. IIRC, it only started gaining steam in 2017 when the indefinite free trial started, surged over the WoW exodus between 2018 and 2020, and then skyrocketed because everyone on the planet was stuck inside due to a gobal pandemic.

One smart (and possibly desperate) decision and then a whole boatload of luck snowballed it into popularity.
By Meeble 2024-04-18 14:25:55  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

There's been tons of abandoned or half-implemented ideas like that. Remember their mid-2019 plan to modernize stack sizes? They did a handful of items per month for 3 updates and then quit, no explanation given.

It's the year of our lady* 2024 and people still out there buying echo drops and automaton oils 12 at a time.

[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-18 14:39:11  
Meeble said: »

There's been tons of abandoned or half-implemented ideas like that. Remember their mid-2019 plan to modernize stack sizes? They did a handful of items per month for 3 updates and then quit, no explanation given.

It's the year of our lady* 2024 and people still out there buying echo drops and automaton oils 12 at a time.

I'd glady gil dump 2mil into the Curio moogle for a stack of 99 panaceas.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-18 14:40:40  
The adoulin poppable NM (non-Delve) seemed like an idea that never took off.

They added the 2nd map in gates zones, the added the ??? for a handfull NMs, then that was it.

Also, feels kinda annoying they never implemented the full Delve gear sets. Just a lot of years later they added purple on it and released the final product in Odyssey.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-18 14:53:38  
Didn't they write a roadmap for Monstrosity too? That didn't materialize either. And that's so sad because it's so much fun.
[+]
By Bosworth 2024-04-18 15:01:04  
Soo...they doing ilvl119 Beseiged in May or what?...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-04-18 15:12:22  

IIRC, they actually did mention automaton oils and gave some BS excuse about not updating stack size because it would impact crafters. I remember arguing about it with people who defended that dumb decision.

fillerbunny9 said: »

That surprise SOA expansion was the best thing to come out of FFXIV 1.0's disaster. Thanks, Tanaka!
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-04-18 15:27:42  
the Christmas 2006 inflation

I don't remember this, can you refresh my memory?
By Meeble 2024-04-18 15:41:44  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

IIRC, they actually did mention automaton oils and gave some BS excuse about not updating stack size because it would impact crafters. I remember arguing about it with people who defended that dumb decision.

Yeah, that's super dumb.

I can understand that argument for food, even vendor moogle food, since a non-shield crafter aiming to make HQ versions will end up with some NQ to sell as well, but it makes no sense for most other vendor consumables.
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-04-18 18:00:34  
Asura.Iamaman said: »

It was wild. Level 70's STR rings were like 10-12M. I was farming and selling Bomb Cores from Friar Rush every 3-4 hours for 15M.
[+]
By Seun 2024-04-18 18:33:43  
Asura.Iamaman said: »

Fishing related IIRC. People were creating level 1 characters and fishing rusty items, which were then restored with light crystals and sold to vendor. This is why you see Goblin Bounty Hunters patrolling the coasts of several areas.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2024-04-18 21:03:13  

Yeah, that's super dumb.

I can understand that argument for food, even vendor moogle food, since a non-shield crafter aiming to make HQ versions will end up with some NQ to sell as well, but it makes no sense for most other vendor consumables.
Only thing that would be made more difficult by increasing food stack size is AH price. Bazaars would benefit since they could sell more and a greater variety as well.
Don't want to buy a whole stack of HQ food, just check a bazaar in jeuno or by ambu/odyssey. someone's bound to be selling it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-18 21:42:45  
Chimerawizard said: »

Yeah, that's super dumb.

Only thing that would be made more difficult by increasing food stack size is AH price. Bazaars would benefit since they could sell more and a greater variety as well.
Don't want to buy a whole stack of HQ food, just check a bazaar in jeuno or by ambu/odyssey. someone's bound to be selling it.

Eh...for food I think it would change the dynamics of the market a lot. I think most people don't want to bazaar their goods, it's much easier/more reliable to AH it, and having to make 99 of anything before being able to sell it would suck.

I also think people would be much less willing to buy 99 of something they only use occasionally, like eva food, SB food, or things you only use for a single fight. Getting 12 isn't that big a deal.

For player-generated foods, I think it would be a mistake to do stacks of 99
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-18 21:51:13  
The third option, that would require an AH retool to bring it out of the god damn stone age is not forcing you to list whole stacks.

If you want to list 17 mithkabobs, or if you want to buy 35 mithkabobs, it should be possible. You just input 35 and ill pay up to 10k each and it fills until one of the 2 limits is hit.

The fourth option, still sell 12, but hold 99

never gonna happen, but the whole "people dont want to buy 99 of X" is a cop out for laziness (and spaghetti code) The stack going TO 99, doesn't have to mean you always get 99.
First Page 2 3 ... 424 425 426 ... 427 428 429