First Page 2 3 ... 406 407 408 ... 428 429 430
By Pantafernando 2024-02-01 09:15:13  
August and Teodor playing in Rakaznar Inner
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-01 09:20:30  
No hints on the V1, my favorite minigame. Guess the mobs.

Most likely;
Velkk 3/20
Qiqirn 7/20
Tonberry 03/21

Less Likely;
Magic Mamool 5/22
Doppleganger 8/22
Ironclad 11/22
Corse 2/23

All the rest probably not but not 0%
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-01 09:57:15  
Quote:

Moogle. Because that's the one everybody hates the most.
By Pantafernando 2024-02-01 10:58:35  
I thought everybody hated only what couldnt be conduited.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-02-01 11:27:56  
smn burn all the things!!!!!

Good times... (never smn burned in my life)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-02-01 15:37:02  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Anyone who thinks that way clearly overvalues the non-augmented gear and thinks its a lot better than it really is. Outside of stable -DT sets for some jobs that were missing it, and a couple pieces of the Sakpata set, all the T3 and Nyame sets are sub-average even to existing gear before empy+3.

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration, and you have to remember that not everyone playing FFXI has every bit of BiS gear. Even the unaugmented Odyssey armor was a big step up for a lot of average players. I'm not saying augmenting isn't worthwhile, it definitely is, but it feels like you're being a little too harsh on the quality of these pieces with their base stats and maybe coming at it from the perspective of a player who was already geared to the teeth with BiS everything.

Quote:
-Ikenga Set without augments is worse than Malignance for Midshot options for COR/RNG.
Not wrong, but assuming every COR RNG farmed full Malignance is just not realistic to me. A set of high Racc/Ratk gear with good amounts of Store TP (even if not #1 for the slot) and large chunks of Enm- is not that bad. If you take Malignance out of the equation, it's clearly a step up for ranged midshot gear over a lot of options I saw people using prior to Odyssey armor being implemented (like, it was still pretty common for me to see people rocking Meghanada in multiple slots).

Quote:
-Agwu gear is worse for standard nuking AND bursting without augments than even NQ Ea or Relic+3.
1) SCH can't use Ea for their Su3 set, so had some decent pieces here (especially since they all have M.dmg too)
2) RUN got a big step up for Lunge/Swipe gear, which is admittedly a very niche use - but R0 Agwu is only beaten by augmented Agwu for that purpose.
3) Even BLM had SOME use for Agwu. R0 Agwu feet were pretty good when they released (even over Ea+1) due to the INT. And even the other pieces weren't BAD, I could totally see someone on more of a budget starting with that as a respectable baseline and looking to improve via augments, instead of spending money on Ea gear.

Quote:
-Gleti without augments at best could be a crit-based WS set, and even then there were better options.
Eh, Gleti R0 wasn't blowing people away, but some of the Gleti R0 pieces were still better for stuff like CdC or Evisceration than the other existing options.

R0 Gleti is also (still) superb as an idle set with lots of regain and pretty good defensive stats. Meva could be higher, but PDT/DEF/MDB are all good.

BST got some use out of base stats giving Pet Acc/Racc/Macc+50 per piece, and pet level+1 on feet.

Gleti's Knife was a nice step up for a lot of people, particularly as an offhand, even at R0.

Quote:
-Sakpata without augments ends up being a super safe but low-DPS set for DRK and WAR- both have amazing options that trounce it.
I think this undervalues the ease at which Sakpata opened up hybrid sets. Getting good Acc/Atk/DA on pieces that also made it easy to do DT-40~50% sets was a game changer for a LOT of people. Yes, there were other options like Hjarrandi helm/body (which lots of average players didn't have) and some good relic/AF pieces.

Even 5/5 Sakpata R0 was a solid general tanking set for PLD.

Sakpata weapons also have some use. Sword is pretty nice for a BLU ilevel offhand, solid for non-Burtgang PLD. Sakpata Fists have a niche BiS use case for PUP nuking, regardless of augment level.

Quote:
-Mpaca before you augment again....just a PDT set, not even a great set for magical fights.
Strong disagree. Remember that before Empy reforge, SAM had a big issue of lacking many good hybrid pieces (no Malignance, no Hjarrandi, etc.). Having a set with good TA/Acc/Atk/Crit and very strong PDT- was a game changer for me on SAM even from R0. And yes, SAM's excellent Empy +2/+3 set for head/body/legs changed things again, but that was later and Mpaca hands/feet are still viable choices, with even R0 remaining in the top small handful of options.

Purely from an offensive perspective, Mpaca R0 was basically a sidegrade or slightly better than Kendatsuba NQ gear often used by SAM MNK NIN at the time: very similar Acc/TA/Crit (like 1% less TA or Crit on a few pieces) with Atk+40 per piece as opposed to no Atk on Kendatsuba (or Malignance for MNK NIN).

Also opened up a good brand new option for PUP, which wasn't on Kendatsuba. Mpaca, even at R0, instantly became one of the top 2 offensive choices for PUP and probably preferable to Malignance STP/Acc if using weapons other than Mythic.

Defensively, Malignance is great and all but was often lower DPS than R0 Mpaca pieces (STP versus TA/Atk/Crit), so Mpaca and its high PDT- had a place for hybrid/defensive sets when you cared more about mitigating against physical damage, whereas for a fight with more threat from magic/debuffs you might still prefer Kendatsuba for Meva and no xDT-.

Quote:
-Bunzi? Please. Zero reason to use any of it without augmenting.
As previously noted, hands are great for BRD (or WHMlol) melee. Bunzi's Rod is good stuff even with just the base augments.

Quote:
-Nyame is just a -DT set for jobs that didn't get one easily (read: jobs not on Malignance) and is pretty much useless beyond that before you augment it.
That -DT option is VERY significant and shouldn't be discounted.

Hell, R0 Nyame was BiS tanking gear (over anything but augmented Nyame) for RUN for several slots at the time: head/body, probably legs over Erilaz+1 (the much better Meva was big), viable choice for feet (Nyame R0, Turms, Erilaz+1 all had some use). Nyame R0 hands could even be a situationally better call over Turms/+1. And adding augments doesn't add any defensive stats, so for RUN from a tanking perspective it was pretty much functionally the same whether R0 or higher.

And Nyame fills a lot of gaps for niche secondary functions. NIN got some good MAcc/MAB/Burst pieces, it's good for those odd situations where you might want ranged stats on a job like THF or SAM, base Pet Acc/Racc/Macc+50 has uses, the combo of Acc/Macc is great for landing added effects on hybrid WS, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-02-01 18:10:24  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Defensively, Malignance is great and all but was often lower DPS than R0 Mpaca pieces (STP versus TA/Atk/Crit), so Mpaca and its high PDT- had a place for hybrid/defensive sets when you cared more about mitigating against physical damage, whereas for a fight with more threat from magic/debuffs you might still prefer Kendatsuba for Meva and no xDT-.

Malignance has kinda bad physical defensive stats. What it does have is MEVA and Store TP, at the time of it's release nothing we even close and people still thought 50% DT was special.

Quote:
Malignance tabard
DEF: 143
HP: 68
VIT: 25
MEV: 139
MDB: 8
DT: -9

Mpaca's doublet
DEF: 174
HP: 84
VIT: 34
MEV: 86
MDB: 14
PDT: 10

Nyame mail
DEF: 189
HP: 136
VIT: 35
MEV: 139
MDB: 8
DT: 9

Gleti's cuirass
DEF: 184
HP: 91
VIT: 39
MEV: 102
MDB: 15
PDT: 9

All three of the other sets are vastly superiors physically with Nyame being straight up better all around. Magically it depends, Gleti / Mpaca both have lower MEVA while having significantly higher MDB. The result being the maximum damage you can take is lower.
By Pantafernando 2024-02-06 02:49:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Most likely;
Velkk 3/20
Qiqirn 7/20
Tonberry 03/21

Less Likely;
Magic Mamool 5/22
Doppleganger 8/22
Ironclad 11/22
Corse 2/23

All the rest probably not but not 0%

SE won this time
[+]
By jubes 2024-02-06 03:36:21  
there doesn't even seem to be a listing for ahriman on bg past ambus, though it's late and i may have overlooked it.

oh, must be the fomor with relic weapons. ezpz
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-06 06:07:27  
IDK why I'm more interested in a Master Trial for Adoulin. SR must have got me with that Stockholm syndrome.
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-02-06 06:30:00  
jubes said: »

Pretty sure they were only talking about the V2, They didn't give a hint as to what the V1 will be.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2024-02-06 06:47:18  
Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
jubes said: »

Pretty sure they were only talking about the V2, They didn't give a hint as to what the V1 will be.

Ahriman is Volume 1 with all the random relic named Fomors. It’s a pretty smooth month unless you get Excalibur fomor. His added effect can be a pain if you don’t blink tank.
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-02-06 07:00:22  
There is also a V2 with taurus and ahriman that hasn't been seen in quite awhile(fitting with their comment), Don't they usually reference fomors when they are talking about the exalibur one?

Suppose it's been awhile since the relic fomor one as well tho.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2024-02-24 22:44:36  
I noticed copyright years were removed from the splash screen. It just says 'Square-Enix' now. used to say 2002-202x Square-Enix

Any thoughts on that
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-24 23:09:06  
I actually did a double take here, but he's right. The 2002-202X is gone.

[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-02-24 23:12:26  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
I noticed copyright years were removed from the splash screen. It just says 'Square-Enix' now. used to say 2002-202x Square-Enix

Any thoughts on that

Weird ngl
[+]
By Draylo 2024-02-24 23:26:08  
What does it mean!
[+]
By BlackmoreKnight 2024-02-25 00:00:07  
Years aren't required on copyright notices and many companies have stopped doing them over the past few years like Amazon and Meta (Facebook). That's the case in the US at least, how it works in Japan (or even if Japan uses notices like we do here) isn't something I'm aware of.

A project can look sloppy or unmaintained if it has a copyright notice that includes years but the year is significantly out of date. If you simply never include the year, that can't happen. Cheaper to do it this way then have someone update the splash image every year.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-25 00:10:34  
It's been there for twenty years. That 2002-20XX has been a part of the main title screen since time immemorial. The fact that it's not there now is just another sign that the game's development cycle is at an end. Whether intentionally omitted or done by neglect or even oversight is pretty irrelevant, the mere fact that it IS gone is what matters. That is not the kind of thing they would have ever allowed in the past.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-02-25 00:21:57  
0 to 100
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2024-02-25 00:56:21  
Asura.Melliny said: »
It's been there for twenty years. That 2002-20XX has been a part of the main title screen since time immemorial. The fact that it's not there now is just another sign that the game's development cycle is at an end. Whether intentionally omitted or done by neglect or even oversight is pretty irrelevant, the mere fact that it IS gone is what matters. That is not the kind of thing they would have ever allowed in the past.
At this point I didn’t think we were looking for cues anymore, since Fujito openly stated that new content (which turns out is borderline unbeatable because it has to last forever) is gonna be about cosmetics and there hasn’t been a real update in a while now.
By Felgarr 2024-02-25 02:48:52  
Asura.Melliny said: »
I actually did a double take here, but he's right. The 2002-202X is gone.

What are you holding out on the Wardrobe 8 for? :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-02-25 03:33:08  
Saving those 80 slots for when Chemist comes out
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2024-02-25 05:37:32  
it was in the August 2023 update preview

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61002-Announcing-the-August-Version-Update

Yoji_Fujito said:
In other news, we're making some changes to the copyright text in locations such as the title screen and screenshots so that they are in accordance with recent updates to Square-Enix's overall guidelines.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-26 10:16:20  
Moghouse screenshot event is up again; Your shot at the best furniture you can get, the well.

or the https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Aurum_Coffer
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2024-02-26 10:29:38  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Moghouse screenshot event is up again; Your shot at the best furniture you can get, the well.

or the https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Aurum_Coffer

Too bad I have all of the items this campaign. I think I am missing the royal chocobo beret, but every time it has come up in a screenshot campaign something more rare that I do not have is also there.
[+]
By Trillium 2024-02-26 12:17:06  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Saving those 80 slots for when Chemist comes out

Everyone knows the next job will be chocoboknight.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-02-26 14:18:27  
Quote:
"The next version update is scheduled for mid March.

March brings with it monthly updates to Ambuscade."

Riveting.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-01 08:10:15  
FINAL FANTASY XI Official Site Updated (Feb. 29, Mar. 1)

The official FINAL FANTASY XI site underwent a design update at the following time.

[Date & Time]
Feb. 29, 2024 20:00 (PST)
Mar. 1, 2024 4:00 (GMT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI Official Site

[Update Details]
- Windows version system requirements updated
- Design updated
- End of Live Vana'diel stream

Can't stare at an empty Mhaura anymore, I know it will be missed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 406 407 408 ... 428 429 430