2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 405 406 407 ... 433 434 435
By Seun 2024-01-30 05:50:28  
Draylo said: »
They didn't officially announce a maint mode, they said this year was going to be light on content. Don't know whats beyond that and I am almost sure this won't be the last thing they add.

There isn't anything on the roadmap. Even if they had a change of heart, we're at least a few years out from something meaningful.

Odyssey and Sortie have a slightly negative approval from the community by my parse. Honestly, nothing is going to get a positive appeal without being alliance-based anyway.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-01-30 06:29:05  
Odyssey and Sortie is enjoyable if you have a decent group. Progress is a lot more rough and slow if you're clearing everything with 1~3 people.

MTs just completely miss the mark for me. No rewards, time spent away from things that have real rewards. No replay after you've cleared it. Sure you can help other people who will also get no reward from it, hurray...

Most of the fun for me is seeing growth in my jobs and the access/efficiency that it can bring. MTs don't add any growth.

Hopefully they ilvl Campaign and Limbus in the next decade. I want to use Uriel Blade and my sherida pants could use an upgrade.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-30 06:49:21  
Seun said: »
Honestly, nothing is going to get a positive appeal without being alliance-based anyway.
Yeahhhh but they cant do that cuz mercs and rmt and mercs :(
By K123 2024-01-30 07:17:59  
They're enjoyable if you do them once every 3 days. You have to be very simple minded if you find doing the same sortie every day enjoyable.
[+]
By Zehira 2024-01-30 07:53:11  
Yup, FFXIV is the way to play the newer content. Do the story. A bunch of boring side quests. Try out the new job BST. Level every craft class to max. Do the ultimate weapon. Unlock something new. Act like a Barbie in a friend's house.

Take a break from FFXIV to play non-MMO games. Return to FFXIV when there's another new update.

FFXI is SOL.
By waffle 2024-01-30 07:57:29  
For what it's worth, the Hedron Dagger from the last master trial is the lowest delay 1 dmg dagger, isn't it? So for a very niche use, rdm enspell tp denial strat, it's actually best in slot.
I don't think anyone is inclined to go get it for that reason though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-30 09:59:27  
Would greatly prefer more of those *** little 1off flan fights than more master trials. Good chunk of EP and a useful item drop shits on what I find to be some of the ugliest weapon skins in the game. Almost assuredly less work for them to make too both mechanically and art wise.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-30 10:08:30  
Almost assuredly more of those in the works, not as fast as I expected, but still expecting them.

You don't make a brand new style of battle (call to spawn) if you don't intend on having multiple items to spawn with.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-01-30 12:26:15  
"Diabolos: You must confront the nightmare and continue to fight them to keep this realm from spreading."

The final words of the Dynamis Dreamlands storyline....

Dynamis offers the chance to use already made areas to create new rewards (aesthetically just color re-skins), new NMs (aesthetically just colored re-skins), and a new method of attaining annoying currencies (use your imagination) all on the extremely cheap while drawing back alliance content into the game with something challenging and fun with a time gate....

It all seems so obvious to me...
[+]
By Bosworth 2024-01-30 12:33:47  
The new master trial is with Teodor and adoulin company.
 Siren.Dekoda
サーバ: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2024-01-30 17:29:48  
Bosworth said: »
The new master trial is with Teodor and adoulin company.

If this is true, the reward should be max augmented Samnuha tights because it would still be easier than doing Sinister Reign thousands of times.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-01-30 17:48:55  
Dear Square Enix

Why do you hate us?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-30 17:55:07  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Dear Square Enix

Why do you hate us?

Because you ask for more when they give it to you, lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-01-30 18:06:44  
Mmmmm Just a master trial and ambu updates? *** Im close...

Harder Daddy,
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2024-01-30 18:08:29  
What would really be cool is if Master trials/Mastery rank unlocked the ability to have more than one main story reward, or like even more merit WS to unlock at once. something that no one really *needs* but would promote doing them for QOL, and to give people more reason to do them. Ygnas Trust is like that, at first it seemed really annoying to have him so gated, but it felt really good to finally unlock it!

The option to claim a 2nd adoulin/VR/Apoc Nigh reward would be amazing, or make some ilvl COP/ToAU rings.

Mastery Rank = +5 merits per rank, so combined with deeds could eventually unlock them all?

I know i am dreaming, but would drive some engagement to the content.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-01-30 18:15:05  
Yeah they have been pretty fail on giving rewards for most things. Was a big problem with Odyssey, how they gave the base gear away so easily and not much incentive for most to get the augments. Then with master trials, they could have done quite a few things to incentivize them but they didn't. Well, a vanity item/prestige item would have been something appreciated back in the day but I think because content is so sparse now, people are more critical about adding padding like that to the game. They should always be adding carrots to chase at this point and most will have this fight completed within a few days. Maybe they should have made these able to be farmed for CP or something lol.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-30 18:35:35  
Draylo said: »
Yeah they have been pretty fail on giving rewards for most things. Was a big problem with Odyssey, how they gave the base gear away so easily and not much incentive for most to get the augments.

Anyone who thinks that way clearly overvalues the non-augmented gear and thinks its a lot better than it really is. Outside of stable -DT sets for some jobs that were missing it, and a couple pieces of the Sakpata set, all the T3 and Nyame sets are sub-average even to existing gear before empy+3.

-Ikenga Set without augments is worse than Malignance for Midshot options for COR/RNG.
-Agwu gear is worse for standard nuking AND bursting without augments than even NQ Ea or Relic+3.
-Gleti without augments at best could be a crit-based WS set, and even then there were better options.
-Sakpata without augments ends up being a super safe but low-DPS set for DRK and WAR- both have amazing options that trounce it.
-Mpaca before you augment again....just a PDT set, not even a great set for magical fights.
-Bunzi? Please. Zero reason to use any of it without augmenting.
-Nyame is just a -DT set for jobs that didn't get one easily (read: jobs not on Malignance) and is pretty much useless beyond that before you augment it.

And the A1/A2 accessories? A couple find solid use before augments, but only really become worth being the #1 choice with those augments. Some are totally worthless until R20+ even.

Again- those who think just getting the base gear is enough are fooling themselves, and honestly? If that's all you plan on doing, you're wasting your time now with Empy+3 in existence.
By jubes 2024-01-30 18:58:12  
nyame useless without augments? i hope that was hyperbole. 30mab to primarily physical dd is huge, as well as that often overlooked skillchain bonus that kicked DNC right in the nuts. nearly 500hp and malignance-tier eva and meva on all jobs, pfft. even 20% haste is pretty snazzy for some mage jobs with terrible melee options.

i'm not arguing to not augment ody gear, but it was a huge step up when the only set on par with it at the time was malignance.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-01-30 19:04:44  
I was also talking about when it was first out. I can attest to having multiple friends who were excited to play and return, and keep up with segments and having fun trying bosses. Then they got the base gear and quit. I really felt from the beginning that SE gave that gear away too quickly.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-30 19:06:19  
It's very good for zero effort. Phenomenal for everything 99% care about even at r0

Especially botting cp/exemplar which is all anyone does
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-30 19:08:54  
jubes said: »
nyame useless without augments? i hope that was hyperbole. 30mab to primarily physical dd is huge, as well as that often overlooked skillchain bonus that kicked DNC right in the nuts. nearly 500hp and malignance-tier eva and meva on all jobs, pfft. even 20% haste is pretty snazzy for some mage jobs with terrible melee options.

i'm not arguing to not augment ody gear, but it was a huge step up when the only set on par with it at the time was malignance.
You do realize that WSD is skillchain bonus in itself, right? Skillchain damage is based on WS damage, so WSing in Nyame because "skillchain bonus" when you could be using WSD is likely a step backwards.
By jubes 2024-01-30 19:17:33  
there was af, relic and oseem for wsd before ody right? and back then we didn't care about wsing in low dt or low meva gears. so i guess the value of that skillchain bonus doesn't come into being until ody necessitated it, and then mainly when combined with path b. point taken.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-01-30 19:59:24  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
. Outside of stable -DT sets for some jobs that were missing it

Hmm I wouldn't go that far, all the pieces have ridiculously good defensive stats. 50% DT is just assumed nowadays, it's not special to have it. What we're really wanting is good Def / MDB / Meva / HP.

Offensively most of the sets are mediocre at best without augments, defensively they are all amazing.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 02:03:02  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Dear Square Enix

Why do you hate us?

That could be considered abusive love

Maybe this relationship isn’t healthy at all
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-01-31 03:13:05  
Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Dear Square Enix

Why do you hate us?

That could be considered abusive love

Maybe this relationship isn’t healthy at all

By SimonSes 2024-01-31 03:25:24  
Asura.Saevel said: »
. Outside of stable -DT sets for some jobs that were missing it

Hmm I wouldn't go that far, all the pieces have ridiculously good defensive stats. 50% DT is just assumed nowadays, it's not special to have it. What we're really wanting is good Def / MDB / Meva / HP.

Offensively most of the sets are mediocre at best without augments, defensively they are all amazing.

I agree. 50%DT alone is meh. It's all about a mix of DT and most importantly meva. Even base Sakpata was (and few pieces still are) the best TP set for all jobs that can wear it. It doesn't matter if something like Flamma head or some Tatenashi pieces can be marginally better for DPS, because being vulnerable to all damage/debuffs makes them far worse in reality.
Ofc now some jobs has good alternatives with empy +2/3, but back then Sakpata was massive upgrade even without augments.
Exactly the same as Malignance was massive upgrade for many jobs like MNK, THF, BLU, DNC. It didn't matter that those jobs had Adhemar +1, which could produce higher dps or if those jobs had other -DT options. It's all about having MA/sTP, DT and meva in one set.

-Bunzi? Please. Zero reason to use any of it without augmenting.

Hands are bis TP piece for non mythic BRD, even without augments

-Gleti without augments at best could be a crit-based WS set, and even then there were better options

It was actually also big upgrade for many slots of WS set with capped attack before we got empy +3 and augments on Nyame.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-31 07:02:19  
Pantafernando said: »

That could be considered is abusive love

Maybe This relationship isn’t healthy at all
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
サーバ: Siren