First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-02-24 14:34:49  
Seraph.Gael said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
like dasva said: no freaking mage care about having dex or str- on there gear unless ur doing campaign.

So if you are so intelligent, you can say me why ppl buy this legs ? It's not an invention of my part, when i say there are ppl who dont like negative stat... All (good) blm and rdm i know on seraph took this legs for this reason. Not because its dex or str (or vit), just because they dont like have a negative stat...

the only reason y ppl choose between errant/mahatma vs. jet its the int vs mp+. Not every1 want/have time to go kill FOV NM everyday n spend ???? gils on X try.

even me i have bad luck tryin to augment, so far the best i got is resist silence+1 on both errant body/legs.

Now, if u buy it just so u dont have -str or -dex when u dont DD then yea ill say ur stupid to spend 300k for that reason
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 14:40:27  
Hades.Lumei said:
Swap Prudence for Elemental Torque, then AF 1 hands for Zmitts me thinks, and Yigit feet.
So you advocate me dropping 6int and 10 skill/macc for 5mab in the attempt to get 320/120?

With the gear set I posted I'm 324/120 so with the changes you propose I'd be 314/114. Your advice doesn't help me at all.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 14:44:26  
Seraph.Gael said:
@ Blindphleb : 66 INT naked ? you will maybe need to sacrifice your sorcerer ring to add a omega ring or a INT ring.
I vote for Nashira Crackows too to help you ^^
I'm actually fine on the 320 side of things I have full elemental merits and sorc hat. So unless nashira feet allow me to switch a skill/macc piece for a lot of int I wouldn't consider them.

Switching from goliard to nashira alone drops 4int. In a race so handicapped by low int that doesn't work as well.

Sadly I think I might have to drop sorcerer's ring until better gear happens along my way.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-02-24 14:46:58  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
What is the best 320/120 set for Elvaan BLM without any salvage gear or INT merits?

This is what I've came up with, keep in mind I would have to be /rdm eating cream puffs and 6 int augment on weskit:

So far the highest augment I have gotten is 2 int, novio, sorc belt, and prudence torque are going to be missing for awhile. What changes could I make that won't gimp my dmg, but will still floor resist rates?
not much to change on that set, maybe selenian cap instead of relic n elemental torque instead of prudence torque but idk wat would b the ratio, depend of wat u choose.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 14:48:19  
Hades.Bez said:
To the above gearset~ Nashira Crackows in feet slot, outright BROKEN for a 320 Build. Also lets you use MKE Head, if you have it, 4 INT/2MACC/ATK
Don't use MKE head for blm, because it's amazing for my mnk AF build.

However, I could use demon helm +1 which would be 6int for an improvement of 2int over using sorcerer's hat and goliard. This would bring my skill/macc down to 319 though. With little wiggle room for making it up in other slots.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-02-24 14:49:45  
Seraph.Gael said:
@ Blindphleb : 66 INT naked ? you will maybe need to sacrifice your sorcerer ring to add a omega ring or a INT ring.
I vote for Nashira Crackows too to help you ^^
I'm actually fine on the 320 side of things I have full elemental merits and sorc hat. So unless nashira feet allow me to switch a skill/macc piece for a lot of int I wouldn't consider them.

Switching from goliard to nashira alone drops 4int. In a race so handicapped by low int that doesn't work as well.

Sadly I think I might have to drop sorcerer's ring until better gear happens along my way.
rather have full dmg but with less mab than to get resisted (+myself been taru droppin my hp is not sumthing i like)
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-02-24 14:52:42  
Hades.Bez said:
To the above gearset~ Nashira Crackows in feet slot, outright BROKEN for a 320 Build. Also lets you use MKE Head, if you have it, 4 INT/2MACC/ATK
Don't use MKE head for blm, because it's amazing for my mnk AF build.

However, I could use demon helm 1 which would be 6int for an improvement of 2int over using sorcerer's hat and goliard. This would bring my skill/macc down to 319 though. With little wiggle room for making it up in other slots.
unless ur sure not get resisted i would keep sorcerer hat since u can get mke otherwise go go go Demon's Helm+1
 Hades.Lumei
サーバ: Hades
user: Lumei
By Hades.Lumei 2010-02-24 14:52:51  
Wouldnt Burn offset the 10 or so int, you are missing to hit that 120? Since you should be casting it anyway on anything you arent sleep nuking, which, is nothing you should need that kind of set up for anyway?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 16:05:47  
Hades.Lumei said:
Wouldnt Burn offset the 10 or so int, you are missing to hit that 120? Since you should be casting it anyway on anything you arent sleep nuking, which, is nothing you should need that kind of set up for anyway?
Don't count on burn on things that you need more int for anyways.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 16:10:13  
Hades.Lumei said:
Swap Prudence for Elemental Torque, then AF 1 hands for Zmitts me thinks, and Yigit feet.
So you advocate me dropping 6int and 10 skill/macc for 5mab in the attempt to get 320/120?

With the gear set I posted I'm 324/120 so with the changes you propose I'd be 314/114. Your advice doesn't help me at all.
Well actually that sounds like dropping 8int and 8 skill for 5MAB. And yes that is a bad trade seeing as that 8 int is providing another 4-8 macc...

And 5MAB in my gear setup up is worth 7.9 int worth of dmg. So for me doing something like that would be the equivalent of unmeritting my elemental magic and gaining 0 dmg...

Btw lol at that guy still thinking jet even compares to mahatma
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 16:21:33  
Speaking of which this is my normal full dmg setup. Don't really have a resist set since right now not nuking anything super resistant. The weskit has 3int augment on it. I'm an int merited taru so as a blm/sch I have 85 base int. As blm/rdm 84.

This set gives me +35 MAB +46int +2macc and +15skill. So if I eat a creme puff that would put me at 77MAB 137int 2macc 307 skill in my full dmg on ice spells which I try to stick with. Or 85MAB and only 134int when ugg pendant is active. So really just adding a elemental torque in there would be enough to put me at 314/134... which is equivalent to 320/122 in terms of macc but a bit more dmg especially on T4 on those high int mobs.

Notice all of my gear except the feet moldy and gloves can be bought and all except novio appears on the Ah. Of those that can't be bought 2 of those are fairly easy solos and the other is trioable given time. Hell probably solo if you could get in lol. If I had full morri I'd could probably just nuke in full dmg even on HNMs
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 16:22:54  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hades.Lumei said:

Well actually that sounds like dropping 8int and 8 skill for 5MAB. And yes that is a bad trade seeing as that 8 int is providing another 4-8 macc...

And 5MAB in my gear setup up is worth 7.9 int worth of dmg. So for me doing something like that would be the equivalent of unmeritting my elemental magic and gaining 0 dmg...

Btw lol at that guy still thinking jet even compares to mahatma

1 drop in int from goliard > yigit
5 drop in int from prudence > ele torque
3 drop in int from AF+1 hands > zenith hands
=
9 Int drop

7 raise in ele skill from prudence > ele torque
15 drop in ele skill from AF+1 hands > zenith hands
2 drop in magic acc from Goliard > yigit
=
10 magic acc or ele skill drop

And lol @ the Jets > mahatma deal.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-24 16:27:19  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'm an int merited taru so as a blm/sch I have 85 base int. As blm/rdm 84.

Can I just point out how much I hate you for that? >_>..

My INT is 66 ._.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 16:28:03  
OH didn't see the yigit feet... especially since he didn't say what to switch it too. Still that's just about as bad. That's even worse. 9int and 10skill for 7MAB... basically you trade up 3MABs worth on your AM2 keep about 2MABs worth on T4 and lose 14.5-19macc.... *** no
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 16:29:41  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'm an int merited taru so as a blm/sch I have 85 base int. As blm/rdm 84.
Can I just point out how much I hate you for that? >_>..

My INT is 66 ._.
I had to demerit str just to do that lol. Still real nice for not having to sacrifice MAB for int. Or juggle keeping enough dint vs skill/macc figuring out where each one is worth what.

Also awesome for getting that 150+ int burn on
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-24 16:34:12  
XD Sexy.

When I get the chance, I wanna get 5/5 INT, will be nice just putting that first merit on and making it look like I'm getting somewhere >_>

I wish I'd picked a Taru over an elf now, would be much more beneficial in the long run for my jobs.

BLM, WHM, BRD, SMN, RDM.. ftw XD

Wonder if I can make a GM change my race =o
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 16:42:23  
I too am an Elvaan blm and felt cheated with our int, but I'm picking 5/5 str merits because if you can have the highest stat in str with DD jobs why not?

It does make it a whole lot easier though to reach 120+ int with those 5 stats
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 17:10:59  
Yeah I doubt a non int merited elf can even hit 150 int for the highest tier of elemental dots. Well solo anyways without int pot.

What I really wanna try out is Vidohunir with Merc pole. Looks like all kinds of fun
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-24 17:23:36  
Oh god that sucks.. Elf can get 147 INT without food ><

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=141908

66 Base. +5 Merits = 71
150 - 71 = 79
That set, INT+76 XD

This is assuming you don't use Ice/Aquilo's for every DOT though =P
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 17:32:13  

This is my goal for Ele dot, reaches 151 int with cream puffs and no merits iirc.
Premium
By Sigmund 2010-02-24 17:48:23  
[url]http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=141915[url]

[url]http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=141917[url]

These are my sets that I use. I have the obis for all other days except earth and water.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-24 17:54:11  
Sigmund said:

These are my sets that I use. I have the obis for all other days except earth and water.

FFY
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 18:04:16  
Right now since I just started using spellcast and I don't feel like getting extra peices of gear my 150int set is kinda ghetto. It is exactly 150int if I /sch but 1 shy if I /rdm and like 3 shy if I lol /whm. But any food would make up for that. If I rely on creme puffs and get another snow ring I can hit 150int without using earrings or staff. If I get earrings too I could put on af+1 gloves for lower resist

Hades.Bez
user: BezHades
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 18:05:43  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
What I really wanna try out is Vidohunir with Merc pole. Looks like all kinds of fun

Something like that? MAB Gear back in for Vido XD
Rawr, ect.
Edit: BLM/SAM, clearly ftw :O
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 18:07:36  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Oh god that sucks.. Elf can get 147 INT without food ><

That set, INT 76 XD This is assuming you don't use Ice/Aquilo's for every DOT though =P
Don't use aquillos... use kirin. Especially if you need the extra int or on choke... ewwww.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 18:14:01  
Hades.Bez said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Invalid Item Set
Something like that? MAB Gear back in for Vido XD Rawr, ect. Edit: BLM/SAM, clearly ftw :O
Seems like a decent tp set. Maybe ancient torque for more acc. If necessary swap out some of those just 1 haste for acc/str. Or put in rajas ring. With only 4 dmg any amount of str will help alot to ensure you don't hit for 0.

Also I have to do testing to figure out what would be good gearing for Vido. It very much does not follow the wiki formula as far as I've seen so have to see where in and where MAB. Too bad can't swap in pluto staff for the actual ws though lol. But if you get darkday/weather can put obi on yays. Then go right into a more powerful nuke
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 18:16:37  
Pfft any good Black mage meleeburn is going to have at least a COR, RDM for Haste/Dia and SCH for Voidstorm! :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 18:22:53  
Psh.. Dia is for lol non magical melees. That rdm better be throwing Burn onto the mobs!!! Wonder if the magic defense down stacks...

Anyways get a blu in there too!!! Enervation for -10% MDB get him to AOE a MAB spell when he can and do lots of stuff to lower it's evasion/agi so you can land hits!!!
 Hades.Bez
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-24 18:30:31  
Lol, pfft fine, have the RDM for Outside haste/cures only >.o.

Actually, funny thing is I'm fairly sure the first Vidohunir makes the next one's damage higher should the effect have not worn off yet.

What I do know for sure is, the MagDef Down on Vido doesnt stack with Enervation, its a similar situation to Angon+Frightful Roar, the Defense Down effect overwrites, despite it being a lesser effect.

It WILL stack with the MagEva down on Death Blossom though, which also stacks with Stutter Step's MEVA Down, due to steps being their own special catergory of debuff.. which you learn very quickly if you've ever tanked the Gnat campaign wave and you have people /DNC spamming on it... Pandemic Nip is fun like that D:
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-24 18:40:57  
Oh yeah definitely will make the next one bigger. Effects all magic dmg. Definitely wanna try to get one off on a dolphin then get another one with mouth open for lots of fun.

I know normal def downs don't stack... but I wouldn't past SE to completely have forgetten about magic ones sense there aren't that many.... only those 2 for PCs I think
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7