First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-09-28 13:21:34  
Deodate said:
Triet said:
Okay, well then the "elemental" part in the description of the grips really throws people off, makes it seem like it's talking about elemental magic skill based spells.

Thank you guys for the assistance + knowledge. Time to finish up BLM!!!

light and dark are elements. hence elmental skill.

edit: it could be worded differently though. dark has always been a sort of outlier. i guess it would equate to divine skill for light "elemental" magic

You may have misunderstood what I said. I was saying that the way it's worded makes it seem that ONLY elemental spells (i.e. Thunder, Aero, Blizzard, aka magic skills that are based off of ELEMENTAL magic not ENFEEBLING magic like bind, blind, gravity...)
 Asura.Deodate
サーバ: Asura
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2009-09-28 16:28:25  
Oh. I never thought of it that way. I just figured it meant it adds accuracy to spells of that element.

I see the conundrum.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-09-28 18:32:56  
hehe^^ Guess we all see things different (obviously?) Also would the AMK hat be better than Demon Helm +1? Because the main reason behind getting it is for the INT+6. So couldn't you get INT+6 Macc+2 and Fast Cast (+2%) and it be better than Demon's Helm +1
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 18:36:52  
MP+20 Conserve MP+3 MAB+2 INT+4 M.ACC+2 hMP+3 > INT+6, yes.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-28 19:19:36  
Enternius said:

I believe I spoke to Antipika when he got his hat and tested it out. The difference between his normal nuking and that hat was like a grand total of 30 damage? It really isn't worth it for BLM if you can afford Demon Helm +1 and have another job to use the MKE hat on. But yes, it is technically better.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-28 21:19:01  
Not even 30. Went from 2400 to 2412. +0.5% exactly.

Enternius said:

hHP not hMP. Would be awesome otherwise.
 Bismarck.Ronfar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ronfar
By Bismarck.Ronfar 2009-09-28 22:01:41  
Enternius said:
You could start by getting rid of both rings, buying a Snow ring and then getting either Tamas or Omega for the other slot.

Also, for one of the ACP missions, I think it's the last one, you can get earrings augmented with MAB+2 from the Tenshodo Coffer.

Other than that, Ditch the RSE feet, go get Cobra Crackows, MAB+3 Conserve MP+3 MP+22

Philomath Stole needs to go. Pick up Elemental Torque and Uggalepih Pendant.

Relic head is much better than Demon Helm+1.

Pretty sure SCH is the only job that should use Vicious Mufflers. Get Zenith Mitts.

ACP body with MP+20 INT+5 MAB+4 M.ACC+4 is better than even HQ weskit.

The obvious thing would be to tell you to get Novio, but seeing as how you're not even willing to try for Morrigan's, that's a bit out of your league.

Jesus I hope your trolling
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-09-29 10:40:41  
Quote:

Pretty sure SCH is the only job that should use Vicious Mufflers. Get Zenith Mitts.

Goliard Cuffs > Zenith Mitts

Quote:

ACP body with MP+20 INT+5 MAB+4 M.ACC+4 is better than even HQ weskit.

hmm no its HQ weskit >> ACP Body with ^^ Augments >> NQ Weskit
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-29 12:15:50  
Would every one stop saying

X > Y

It is almost never as simple as that on BLM.

Goliard vs z.mitts
*Goliard if you think you may get resisted, but not so worried you need AF hands
*Zenith if you want damage

One isn't always better than the other.... they are used for different things!

Same with Relic hat vs Demon helm, Goliard feet vs yigit feet and so on.

If you thnk any one of those pieces are always better than another then your are either playing BLM in a incredibly limited way (only using it on HNMs) or just doing it wrong.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-29 12:21:50  
Argettio said:
Would every one stop saying

X > Y

It is almost never as simple as that on BLM.

If you thnk any one of those pieces are always better than another then your are either playing BLM in a incredibly limited way (only using it on HNMs) or just doing it wrong.

Just quoting the most important stuff.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-29 19:05:03  
While argettio statement might be true, it really doesn't apply to that case.

4MaCC is nothing, BLM should get that into their little head. So either you get resisted often and use AF1, either you use Z.mitts. In between, as usual, is *** fail.

Anyone serious making a nuking set for magic resistant NM ain't gonna use goliard hands. That's a waste. You want AF1 in that slot so you -may- use some MaB in others slots.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-30 02:13:42  
Antipika said:
While argettio statement might be true, it really doesn't apply to that case.

4MaCC is nothing, BLM should get that into their little head. So either you get resisted often and use AF1, either you use Z.mitts. In between, as usual, is *** fail.

Anyone serious making a nuking set for magic resistant NM ain't gonna use goliard hands. That's a waste. You want AF1 in that slot so you -may- use some MaB in others slots.

Ok not the best example (just used it as it was in the post above mine),but the point still stands.

N.B. I don't have Goliard hands, I only use Z.mitts or AF (which I hope to +1 soon).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sneaker
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Sneaker 2009-11-07 01:19:42  
as antipika said:
we got this damn good relic hands with +15! ele skill
if u need the skill/acc u better use them (hnm/sea/sky etc)
and dont waste more other slots for mag acc/skill. better to hit ur nukes 100% on resisting mobs than spekulate with goli hands.
i personally prefer to hit 80+% of my nukes on things like jailors/hnm's etc than getting 2/3+ resists. since im mithra im not allowed to waste my mp like that lol
 Sylph.Otsego
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-07 02:46:33  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Quote:

Goliard Cuffs > Zenith Mitts

Quote:

ACP body with MP 20 INT 5 MAB 4 M.ACC 4 is better than even HQ weskit.

hmm no its HQ weskit >> ACP Body with ^^ Augments >> NQ Weskit

It's Morrigan's Robe > Genie Weskit > Igqira Weskit > ACP Body. Even with the correct augments, the MAB on all 3 pieces owns all. This is strictly my opinion, but all the BLM in my shell run one of those 3, and most have done ACP body. The hands are debatable, I prefer Zenith, but I also own Novio, so I stack out on MAB. If you worry about resist, stack out Ele. Magic+ or max merit your key spells. I also wear Selenian Cap with Magical Critical Hit Rate +10% and INT +4 Magic Accuracy +2 if I remember my own stats. 2 less INT than Demon Helm +1, but it's free. And the Crit does proc, especially on bursts.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-07 02:48:39  
Krazyr's order is generally correct. Morrigan's > Genie > ACP w/ MAC/MAB > Igqira
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [109 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-23 18:47:53  
Im a "new born" blm 75 as of yesterday and pretty much trying to figure out gear sets and what not.

Since I've spent all my magic merits on 8/8 enfeeb and 8/8 singing (where it will also stay), I've been told that Elemental Torque might be a good thing to fulltime, and I'm also working for AF+1 hands as well as zenith hands.

this is my current nuke set, and also the stuff im looking to update in a near future. http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=141685

Did I forget anything? Well anything that isnt salvage and gonna cost me 6 months and 12 mil gil to get that is.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-23 18:49:28  
That link takes me to my item sets page, fyi. So here it is for people's benefit:

Can't comment in particular on your setup, BLM is not my, ah... forte, lol.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-23 18:50:26  
yes, thats the right page.

Edit: take you to your page? lol how? D:
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-23 18:51:39  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
yes, thats the right page.

Edit: take you to your page? lol how? D:

You need to post the link to the itemsets page, not to the members page. You're linking to the logged in page. :x

Edit: This should work: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=141685

Edit again: nvm you beat me lol.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-23 18:52:31  
hehe ok, changed it lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-23 19:22:26  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Krazyr's order is generally correct. Morrigan's > Genie > ACP w/ MAC/MAB > Igqira
Too dependent on MAB and spell. On AM2 NQ weskit will beat ACP at like any MAB lower than 58.

Also really not hard to get at least some int on NQ weskit.
Just 2 or more would make it so that there is pretty much no situation that ACP could ever be better in terms of dmg or macc.

1 int would make your AM2 always better and your T4 better unless you had really high MAB
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Im a "new born" blm 75 as of yesterday and pretty much trying to figure out gear sets and what not.

Since I've spent all my magic merits on 8/8 enfeeb and 8/8 singing (where it will also stay), I've been told that Elemental Torque might be a good thing to fulltime, and I'm also working for AF+1 hands as well as zenith hands.

this is my current nuke set, and also the stuff im looking to update in a near future.

Did I forget anything? Well anything that isnt salvage and gonna cost me 6 months and 12 mil gil to get that is.
Well not having elemental merits will hurt you alot. As a blm I generally use all out dmg cause I can get away with it but you wont be able to.

And on anything even semi-resistant where a meritted blm would have to put some or even a decent amount of skill/macc gear you will have to put on another 16.

So it depends on what you are using blm for. If you are using it for say puddings or some small scale event like limbus yeah full time torque, get the 5 macc/mab earring set, and maybe morrigan hands if you can get it. And MKE hat with 6int 2macc fast cast probably. Oh and HQ weskit and/or start augmenting NQ weskits to get some int on them. Upgrade the rings to some combo of sorc omega and/or snow. I wouldn't trade rajas in. Really the emnity and mp aren't that big of a deal. Especially since I don't see you being the blm for HNMs. But that should be sufficient more most normalish mobs. Should get you around what a meritted blm would have in terms of macc when they are in full dmg nuke set. Though your dmg will be significantly lower because you are not

As far as HNMs lvl mobs I'd just not go blm or get elemental merits. Generally accept that to floor resist rates you need 320/120 or for a few higher tier more like 330/130.

For you to get up to 320 skill/macc you'd need +44 from gear. So even using torque and af gloves and HQ weskit and the mab/macc earrings and witch sash and the sea cape and omega ring you'd come up about 119skill which in all reality is good enough. However in doing so assuming really good gear for every other slot you'd be down to + 33 int and like +14MAB. Which means your int would be low enough that 1 int would be 1 Macc.

Needless to say your macc will be bad without merits. Really bad cause ever int peice you get off for skill will be taking away your macc almost as much. While at the same time super gimping your dmg especially on the high int mobs and T4 spells. I'd say you might want to forget MAB entirely and focus on stuff that gives the most skill/macc/int in all slots and if you get MAB nice but if not oh well.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-23 19:26:56  
What you use your blm for is going to determine how important elemental skill is. So what do you intend to do with it?

Upgrades to that set that won't break the bank:
Eww Jets. Get Mahatma slops if you wanna spend ~300k for legs. I suppose you might have them from rdm ... but other than no negative stats they really are crappy legs for the gil.

Feet, upgrade to yigit or cobra, both free except the time it takes to do assault or campaign.

Hands, you mentioned zenith mitts so thats good, might look into Vicious Mufflers if there is a really long line for zenith mitts.

Other things look good, maybe upgrade rings and capes when you get into some money.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-23 19:33:56  
I hate myself for saying this but I'd almost think I'd recommend goliard feet... chances are you will need the int and macc more being unmerited
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-23 19:37:37  
As an elvaan I can say there isn't anything wrong with using goliard feet in a 320/120 set :<

At least that's what I tell myself ...
 Alexander.Haptic
サーバ: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2010-02-23 19:42:27  
If this help at all this is what I nuke with for low resist. Higher resist mobs I switch the d helm +1 to sorc. Petas. I would also cap you blm merits focus on ele magic potency then finish am2's of choice.

I didn't read the walls of text so I don't know if posted your merits...

Here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=120936

I realize the set is advanced for a new blm but it's something you should be looking for.
:)

Edit: I also have a magic acc set that I haven't uploaded yet. Switch yigit feet to goliard ones with ele grips can help.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-23 19:50:05  

He said in his post that he can't do ele merits.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-23 19:54:53  
I don't think I'd ever switch out maats cap for relic head. If you are nuking something that resistant chances are that your dint is low enough or will become low enough that 1int ~ 1macc. So trading 7 int worth of dmg for a total of 3 macc is kinda blah. Hell I doubt I'd do it for demon helm +1
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-23 21:07:31  
Well, I'm not really doing anything with BLM yet. Gonna work on 5/5 burst II and freeze II and ice/thunder potency 5/5 for starters. Once that's done, only events I'm really doing is limbus/sea, so no HNM's for me at this point.

I'm usually BRD or RDM for events though which is why I dont wanna sac the enfeeb and singing merits.

As for Blind's set. Prudence beats ele neck with no elemental merits? Also, that set is waaaay over what my bank can handle lol. thats like what, 25 mil right there?

Granted I do sea, but when/if we get a novio drop I doubt it would go to me, and tbh I wouldn't want it over any full time BLM in our shell anyway, that would just be greedy lol. Even HQ weskit is too much gil for me atm. So I'm basically trying to find the cheap upgrades that I would benefit the most from, for a start atleast (like switching jet for mahatma +/- 0 gil at my server atm).

I'd love ixion cape and witch sash, but I'll have to go with prism cape and penitents for the moment. I dont do salvage so no morrigan any time soon.

Why omniscient ring over snow ring? They both got same INT on them and snows is ~150 k cheaper on my server atleast.

I have thought about remake my moogle hat, but someone told me that I probably get more out of the 1 extra INT I got now. Oh and I got relic pants for when the weather is right lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-23 21:27:20  
Relic pants are day not weather. Anyways if you can't get over 10 more int then the mob 1int ~1macc. As far as the other things you said...

Depends on the mobs in limbus/sea. The gods are fairly resistant and most the "boss" mobs in limbus are either semi to decently resistant.

Mke hat depends on what you put on it and mob dint. If you go full dmg (4int 2macc 2mab) you will get slightly more dmg but a bit less or about same macc. If you go full macc like 4 int 5 macc you will have something that on higher mobs will be almost as accurate as relic but a little more dmg. Or if you do a mix, 6int 2macc 2 fast cast you will have something inbetween.

As far as macc elemental torque will still offer more but prudence is close especially on higher int mobs. Kinda a sidegrade really depends on whats going on.

Well if you definitely not getting novio then earrings you should aim for are... Cass. Earring Helenus's Earring.

If HQ weskit is too much try doing augments on NQ. You can get up to 6 int on it and based on what you got to work with I'd say you'd only need 3int to be about the same on AM2 and 2int to be about the same on T4. Though those amounts might actually be it by a little depending on just how much MAB you got.

There is no reason for omni instead of snow. I might say for you omega instead of sorc. For 1 you need more macc. For 2 you'd then have to spend the money on a convert set on top of the like 2mil for the ring and you already said HQ weskit is too much at about 3mil.

If you can get away with less macc which with all those small changes to add should be enough on normal mobs then goliard cuffs would work for hands. On harder stuff though af+1.

Feet kinda same thing. Goliard on anything with high int/resistances yigit otherwise.

Mahatma pants are an easy thing.

Depending on your budget you could augment your prism cape. I believe I've seen +3 elemental skill on one before...

Out of curiosity why exactly aren't you bringing rdm or brd to limbus/sea? And are singing merits all that useful?

Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-23 21:56:39  
I am bringing rdm and brd to limbus/sea. I recently got bored though and pretty much solo'd blm from 66-75 in little over a week. I just think it's fun to try out new jobs really.

I'm not really looking to get the very best gear so I can out dmg everyone, or go into beeing a career blm. But I want to be able to jump on blm if we're short on blm's for an event without beeing totally useless.

It makes sense to me to have atleast somewhat decent gear for the lv 75 jobs you have. But it also makes sense that you really cant max out all your jobs either, because of merit limitations and such. And in my case, wallet limitation as well lol.

Singing merits is useful because the comibined skill singing+wind(string) decides the amount of haste march gives, how much attack minuet give and all that.

Edit: I meant day for relic pants btw obviously lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7